Select "print" from your browser's "File" menu.

Back to Post
Print Topic

Username Post: Top 10 worst who did some fighting??
juha82
legend
Posts 10180
03-20-17 05:03 AM - Post#1696026    

Mine list here=

1.Tyson Nash(did some fightning, but wasnt knonw as a fighter, but was an agitator, very dirty cheap shot artist, was brutally bad when he dropped his mitts, just never wins though, he couldnt wins Tomas Holmstrom even... he fought usually about 5-8x but he has 1 season with 13 fightning majors, no physic, no technique, no punching power)

2.Rene Corbet(wasnt a fighter by any means, but he has at least 1 season over 10 figtning majors, but was fucking awful, what comes to the fightning)

3.Bill Lindsay(toe to toe style, but it was only way he could fight)

4.Darryl Bootland(very active, but was very awful, lost to Sydor!)

5.Ulf Samuelsson(very boring, also takes loses after loses)

6.Doug Houda(mr balance haha, terrible balance, terrible puncher, no physic)

7.Steve Staios(very bad, boring also)

8.Steve Ott(no physic, no talent for the fightning)

9.Denis Pederson(had ok punching power which keep him in this spot but without his ok punching power he would be worse, never was fighter, but more agitator-fighter, very awful defense, he just ate punches a lot in his all fights)

10.Chris Chelios(he had 1 season with 8 or 9 fightning majors, so i think he can gets ranked here, he was very boring, wrestler, no physic, no killer character, bad fight card too, wasnt a fighter, but aggressive player, who sometimes fought in his early years)
Matt Dillon
legend
Posts 19370
03-20-17 07:05 AM - Post#1696028    

There is a reason these guys are bad at fighting, cause they aren't fighters. I don't get the question here.

Anyways, I didn't think Pederson was all that bad, but again he was never claimed to be the champ. Lindsay was also OK.. Ulf was a cheap motherfucker, but had a few wins in his career and fought a few guys much tougher then him.

This is like making a list of 10 girls who aren't models that are hot models.

irish_66
hall of famer
Posts 9148
irish_66
03-20-17 11:20 AM - Post#1696043    

Wayne Gretzky stunk when he dropped the mitts!
Gretzky to Hextall after Hexy stoned him on a breakaway in Hexy's first game:"Who the hell are you?"
Hextall's response:"Who the hell are you?"

Edmond Dantes
hall of famer
Posts 5398
Edmond Dantes
03-20-17 11:39 AM - Post#1696048    

For rare/occasional fighters, I'd add Brandon Dubinsky and Ryan Hollweg.

For others that fought more regularly, I would say a pre-tearaway Rob Ray. Ken McRae always seemed to be on the short end as well. Al Stewart always seem to be able to get in a few shots, but was typically overmatched.
'take the shortest route to the puck and arrive in ill humor' -Fred Shero

Maguire19
Posts 19177
Maguire19
03-20-17 11:50 AM - Post#1696049    

Adam Burt
Bob Boughner
Scott Pearson
Steve Leach

Matt Dillon
legend
Posts 19370
03-20-17 11:58 AM - Post#1696050    

• Edmond Dantes Said:

For others that fought more regularly, I would say a pre-tearaway Rob Ray. Ken McRae always seemed to be on the short end as well. Al Stewart always seem to be able to get in a few shots, but was typically overmatched.

Didn't Stewart do well against guys who should have destroyed him.. I remember him having a few good fights with Link Gaetz. he beat Craig Coxe and Jay Miller, and had a decent showing vs Dave Brown even tho he lost.

Matt Dillon
legend
Posts 19370
03-20-17 12:01 PM - Post#1696051    

• Maguire19 Said:
Adam Burt
Bob Boughner
Scott Pearson
Steve Leach

Poor Steve Leach, I just think he was always put in situations where he had to fight guys alot better then him. I mean he was gamed and always showed up, but shouldn't have been fighting guys like Craig Berube, Frankie Leroux, Bill Huard.

ROBBIE
superstar
Posts 2929
ROBBIE
03-20-17 12:12 PM - Post#1696052    

Mark Visheau
"That's right... I've killed women and children. Killed just about everything that walks or crawled at one time, or another. And, I'm here to kill you, little Bill. For what you did to Ned."

Edmond Dantes
hall of famer
Posts 5398
Edmond Dantes
03-20-17 12:29 PM - Post#1696054    

• Matt Dillon Said:
  • Maguire19 Said:
Adam Burt
Bob Boughner
Scott Pearson
Steve Leach

Poor Steve Leach, I just think he was always put in situations where he had to fight guys alot better then him. I mean he was gamed and always showed up, but shouldn't have been fighting guys like Craig Berube, Frankie Leroux, Bill Huard.

Good list, I'd add Steve Patrick too.

Beagle
hall of famer
Posts 7603
Beagle
03-20-17 12:31 PM - Post#1696055    

Mike Hartman
Gary Rissling
Bobby Schmautz
Graeme Townshend
Nick Drake

Edmond Dantes
hall of famer
Posts 5398
Edmond Dantes
03-20-17 12:34 PM - Post#1696056    

• Matt Dillon Said:
  • Edmond Dantes Said:

Didn't Stewart do well against guys who should have destroyed him.. I remember him having a few good fights with Link Gaetz. he beat Craig Coxe and Jay Miller, and had a decent showing vs Dave Brown even tho he lost.

No doubt, some good fights and most certainly game. I believe after the Gaetz fight, Link called him a 'human punching bad'; however, I thought he did pretty well in that bout. During Crowder's brief run in 1990, always drove me nuts when Crowder appeared he was about ready to go and Stewart would come flying in. Just always thought he was well below .500.

Holmgren
superstar
Posts 3173
Holmgren
03-20-17 02:25 PM - Post#1696070    

Steve Webb
Jim Cummins
Jeff Odgers
Jeff Cowan
I see Blue! . . . He looks glorious!

Matt Dillon
legend
Posts 19370
03-20-17 03:41 PM - Post#1696072    

• Edmond Dantes Said:
  • Matt Dillon Said:
  • Edmond Dantes Said:

No doubt, some good fights and most certainly game. I believe after the Gaetz fight, Link called him a 'human punching bad'; however, I thought he did pretty well in that bout. During Crowder's brief run in 1990, always drove me nuts when Crowder appeared he was about ready to go and Stewart would come flying in. Just always thought he was well below .500.

I believe Gaetz said this after their preseason fight which he won, but Stewie put up a good fight. They fought again that year in San Jose, I actually thought Stewart got the decision.

PuckRogue
Posts 36299
PuckRogue
03-20-17 04:18 PM - Post#1696073    

Steve McKenna

-PR

Baldridge
legend
Posts 11503
Baldridge
03-20-17 06:05 PM - Post#1696083    

• Holmgren Said:
Steve Webb
Jim Cummins
Jeff Odgers
Jeff Cowan

Wow. Odgers isn't in the same class with the other three, imo...He was a decent fighter. I think because he was a bleeder, he gets losses in some of his draws..
"I can't prove any of it"-NYRfan

trent
veteran
Posts 278
trent
03-20-17 07:43 PM - Post#1696097    

I agree Steve McKenna was one of the worst.

He didn't lose many because he just hugged and wrestled. And then "slipped".

But all McKenna's "fights" were terrible. You knew before the fight started what was to come.

But even McKenna has some decent ones.

Tyson Nash was probably the worst ever. He got his ass whipped in every damn fight and he always had that annoying smile on his face after that.

To be honest Barnaby's win percentage was pretty bad too.
Easily the best hockey mod for the fighting fans

Matt Dillon
legend
Posts 19370
03-20-17 09:24 PM - Post#1696103    

• Baldridge Said:
  • Holmgren Said:
Steve Webb
Jim Cummins
Jeff Odgers
Jeff Cowan

Wow. Odgers isn't in the same class with the other three, imo...He was a decent fighter. I think because he was a bleeder, he gets losses in some of his draws..

Yeah, didn't Odgers drop both Domi and McSorley, own Baumgartner, and have some close battles with Probert.

I also have a issue with Cummins. Guy lost, but was all offense. His fight with Purinton was one of my favorite fights ever.

Edmond Dantes
hall of famer
Posts 5398
Edmond Dantes
03-21-17 08:25 AM - Post#1696114    

I'd consider Jay Caufield as well. How about Jamie Huscroft and Ron Stern? Not terrible but often seemed a bit outmatched.

Holmgren
superstar
Posts 3173
Holmgren
03-21-17 08:33 AM - Post#1696115    

Odgers had some brutal losses as well to Peat, Grimson, McSorely, Odjick, and Hordi.

Maybe it's because Cummins style, like Orr opened himself up to getting clipped. One thing was for certain, there would be blood.
I see Blue! . . . He looks glorious!

Edmond Dantes
hall of famer
Posts 5398
Edmond Dantes
03-21-17 09:11 AM - Post#1696120    

Forgot Richard Zemlak.

shmeegs
hall of famer
Posts 6555
shmeegs
03-21-17 09:43 AM - Post#1696125    

Kelly Buchberger was one of the worst. He was always willing but he lost an awful lot. He fought often and damn near anyone who would fight him but he wasn't very good and got beat fairly often.
I may be dumb, but I'm an impeccable judge of character. And I have impeccable character. - Johnz

Matt Dillon
legend
Posts 19370
03-21-17 11:52 AM - Post#1696140    

I always thought Buchberger was decent early in his career, his toe to toe fight with Kyte was pretty awesome.

juha82
legend
Posts 10180
03-21-17 12:18 PM - Post#1696142    

How about Dave Karpa?
He still dont fit my top10 worst list, but close top10 either.
Karpa was awful 2nd/ 3rd category fighter.
Played for some seasons in Anaheim.
Mediocre player, awful on fightning.
He just held own, holds on for his dear life in his some/many fights.
He got into fight with Barnaby 2x, both close goings, no winner though, maybe edge Karpa.
Karpa surprisingly got the better of Brent Severyn, big surpsise but i heard Severyn was tired after playing a long shift.
Karpa took a hard beatinsg by Corson, Stevens, Peluso etc. I know those ights, too pity i dont know half of his fights, but i know his fight results bec of yellow site. I just know he has lost MANY fights, not impressive win/loss record.

Buchberger decent call, but dont even reaches out of my top15 worst list.
He was awful puncher, who throws his typical blind side punches.
He sometimes still showed his toughness, senseless slugfest with prime Chris Simon, draw or edge Simon, well done hahaa!
Also held his own against Darren McCarty for once, slight loss only.
Surpisiingly got owned by Sean Pronger haha.
Pilon TKOd him.
Lost more than wins.

trent
veteran
Posts 278
trent
03-21-17 07:31 PM - Post#1696166    

I was just thinking... did Barnaby actually ever win a fight?

Fotiu
Posts 17089
Fotiu
03-21-17 09:52 PM - Post#1696183    

I would put Brandon Dubinsky in this category. Great team guy, made Mike Richards his bitch when he was in Philly, stands up for teammates, but can't really fight for shit. i give him a lot of credit though.
"This is really a bigger job than I thought.' - Donald Trump

PuckRogue
Posts 36299
PuckRogue
03-21-17 11:10 PM - Post#1696188    

• Matt Dillon Said:
I always thought Buchberger was decent early in his career, his toe to toe fight with Kyte was pretty awesome.

Agree. Bucky wasn't horrible until he got to the Kings. LOL

-PR

juha82
legend
Posts 10180
03-22-17 05:13 AM - Post#1696193    

• trent Said:
I was just thinking... did Barnaby actually ever win a fight?

Barnaby won A.Graves once.
He also edging Manson.

mullet
superstar
Posts 3510
mullet
03-26-17 11:22 AM - Post#1696546    

Tom Kostopoulos is/was one of the worst, his NHL record (from DYG) 4-49-20 speaks for itself.
juha82
legend
Posts 10180
03-27-17 12:56 AM - Post#1696594    

• mullet Said:
Tom Kostopoulos is/was one of the worst, his NHL record (from DYG) 4-49-20 speaks for itself.

He fought with tough guys or semi-tough guys?
Cant re,mmeber now.
Sorry bad 3enbglish bec writing in hurry(ADHD??).
But i agree, he was one of the worst.
But Tyson Nash for example, his card is not that impressive to compare to Kostopoulos though, not sure, cant remember enoug hwell probably, but he was still awful when he fought...
He hadnt also any fightning skills or strenght.
No punchinbg power.
I try to say, that bad win/loss record dont tell always the truth... the fight card tells a lot too... of course win/loss record too....
No offense.

juha82
legend
Posts 10180
03-27-17 02:05 AM - Post#1696595    

Tyson Nash win/loss record not as bad as Tom Kostopoulos have, but if thinking Tyson Nash and Tomo Kostopoulos would have fight, so i think Kostopoulos would wins.

mullet
superstar
Posts 3510
mullet
03-27-17 03:27 AM - Post#1696596    

You're correct, the win/loss record doesn't always tell the truth and I probably would have put my money on Kostopoulos if he and Nash ever fought. Both were awful, but Kostopoulos fought more and against better competition.
Matt Dillon
legend
Posts 19370
03-27-17 03:20 PM - Post#1696626    

• mullet Said:
You're correct, the win/loss record doesn't always tell the truth and I probably would have put my money on Kostopoulos if he and Nash ever fought. Both were awful, but Kostopoulos fought more and against better competition.

He floored Bieska, that in itself doesn't make him that bad IMO.

juha82
legend
Posts 10180
03-28-17 01:30 AM - Post#1696655    

• mullet Said:

How about Jarkko Ruutu? Spot picker, who wasnt very impressive, have to know he was spot picker, one of the worst spot picker, but he was in trouble with some guys still.
He got TKOd by David Ling!
Was in trouble with B.Laich!
Drew with D.Tucker, Tucker much shorter than Jarkko.
Drew with Steve Downie 2x.
Yeah he wasnt probably top10 worst of all the time, but Jarkko Ruutu can be named in this thread or do you agree with me Mullet??

Matt Dillon
legend
Posts 19370
03-28-17 09:19 AM - Post#1696676    

• juha82 Said:
  • mullet Said:

How about Jarkko Ruutu? Spot picker, who wasnt very impressive, have to know he was spot picker, one of the worst spot picker, but he was in trouble with some guys still.
He got TKOd by David Ling!
Was in trouble with B.Laich!
Drew with D.Tucker, Tucker much shorter than Jarkko.
Drew with Steve Downie 2x.
Yeah he wasnt probably top10 worst of all the time, but Jarkko Ruutu can be named in this thread or do you agree with me Mullet??

What are you talking about? I know Ruuttu isn't like here, but one of the worst? I always thought he was pretty good and my complaint was he didn't fight enough.

Draw with Tucker? He hammered Darcy in their fight in Pittsburgh.

PuckRogue
Posts 36299
PuckRogue
03-28-17 09:29 AM - Post#1696678    

Ruutu was a really underrated fighter.

-PR

Matt Dillon
legend
Posts 19370
03-28-17 11:38 AM - Post#1696690    

• PuckRogue Said:
Ruutu was a really underrated fighter.

-PR

Yeah, I always thought he was underrated. Ling dropped him, but didn't he come back and beat Ling. He dropped Rivet who was pretty decent. I think as I said most people were pissed about him cause he could actually fight, but rarely did when he did his cheap shit.

I also don't get the Barnaby listing either. The guy was a middleweight fighting heavyweights. I mean he had to fight Worrell, Brashear, Odjick, Fedoruk, Grimson. When he actually fought guys his size he did well.

juha82
legend
Posts 10180
03-28-17 12:16 PM - Post#1696695    

Not sure about Igor Ulanov, should he gets named in this topic, bec he probably doesnt fight enough much, but i remember he got once 5-6 fightning major during NHL-season.
But that russian defensive defenseman was very awful and very awful to his size.
Darius Kasparaitis wasnt active at all, hes also the player, who shouldnt gets named in this topic, bex he fought about 3-6x during season, but he was very awful.
They can gets some small attention by me bec they does a little fightning(3-6x during season), but a player like Gretzky shouldnt gets named in this topic at all, bec he fought only 1-3x in his long NHL-career.
I saw Gretzky fightning, he was fucking fucking awful haha.
Matt Dillon
legend
Posts 19370
03-28-17 12:28 PM - Post#1696698    

Ok, this is getting silly now... Gretzky?

trent
veteran
Posts 278
trent
03-29-17 03:06 PM - Post#1696799    

Ruutu was a total asshole but he was actually quite decent fighter. And if you think that fight against Tucker was a draw you're out of your fucking mind.

Ruutu KO'd Rivet and scored some decent wins. Why are you even bringing him up?

juha82
legend
Posts 10180
03-30-17 12:50 AM - Post#1696833    

• trent Said:
Ruutu was a total asshole but he was actually quite decent fighter. And if you think that fight against Tucker was a draw you're out of your fucking mind.

Ruutu KO'd Rivet and scored some decent wins. Why are you even bringing him up?

Tucker fight more edge Ruutu, i cant remember fight enuogh well, sorry... Probably my mistake, bec just cant remember that fight.
Yup you are right, i shouldnt bring him up in this topic, but Ruutu wasnt that good.

Print Topic

FusionBB™ Version 3.2 | ©2003-2017 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.156 seconds.   Total Queries: 174   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT-5). Current time is 08:20 AM