Select "print" from your browser's "File" menu.

Back to Post
Print Topic

Username Post: Bill O'Reilly/ Fox News
Posux
Senior Vet
Posts 31854
Posux
04-19-17 04:40 PM - Post#1698168    

I wonder where Ludacris is right now?

Pete
legend
Posts 10282
Pete
04-19-17 04:57 PM - Post#1698174    

I enjoyed the show. A bit formulaic, but Watters' bits and Dennis Miller were entertaining and O'Reilly's memo was on the money way more often than not.

O'Reilly is (likely) guilty of the same charges that probably still haunt most of Hollywood today. His problem is his face was in front of the camera instead of being behind the scenes. I think this was an orchestrated effort to take him out by Media Matters and others. How else can you account for such a quick and decisive move by so many sponsors.

...and that's the memo
Baldridge
legend
Posts 11822
Baldridge
04-19-17 05:24 PM - Post#1698176    

He'll be fine. He is 67 so he can collect his full Social Security....
"I can't prove any of it"-NYRfan

Canucko29
legend
Posts 13424
Canucko29
04-19-17 06:12 PM - Post#1698182    

• Pete Said:
I enjoyed the show. A bit formulaic, but Watters' bits and Dennis Miller were entertaining and O'Reilly's memo was on the money way more often than not.

O'Reilly is (likely) guilty of the same charges that probably still haunt most of Hollywood today. His problem is his face was in front of the camera instead of being behind the scenes. I think this was an orchestrated effort to take him out by Media Matters and others. How else can you account for such a quick and decisive move by so many sponsors.

...and that's the memo

I didn't watch the show much. I was never a fan of him or Hannity. I absolutely love Tucker Carlson/Ben Shapiro, who are much younger, sharper and funnier. I also really liked the Dennis Miller Thursday segments (which I watch mainly through his Facebook page) and could actually see him being a good replacement. But not sure he'd do it as O'Reilly and him are good friends and Miller probably doesn't want to have to go through the smear campaign he surely would be put through if he went through with this.

Either way, there are a tonne of people who could replace him. Ben Shapiro, actually, would probably be the left's worst nightmare at this point. I don't think I've ever seen him lose an argument (Bill lost plenty over his career).

foolish
superstar
Posts 2998
foolish
04-19-17 07:02 PM - Post#1698186    

I used to listen to his radio show a lot (circa 2004). I was always surprised by how he could disgust and infuriate me one second and then say something so insightful as to change my view on something.

I won't miss him, and I much prefer Tucker anyway (loved him on Bubba).

Baldridge
legend
Posts 11822
Baldridge
04-19-17 07:09 PM - Post#1698190    

"The Factor" with Dana Perino....

Weird....

Fotiu
Posts 17151
Fotiu
04-19-17 07:52 PM - Post#1698195    

See ya, you sexual predator cunt!
"This is an island surrounded by water. Big water. Ocean water.”

Posux
Senior Vet
Posts 31854
Posux
04-19-17 07:59 PM - Post#1698197    

Tucker is purely the best choice. Great entertainer and highly intelligent.

Badlands92
legend
Posts 13676
Badlands92
04-19-17 08:06 PM - Post#1698198    

• Canucko29 Said:
I didn't watch the show much. I was never a fan of him or Hannity. I absolutely love Tucker Carlson/Ben Shapiro, who are much younger, sharper and funnier. I also really liked the Dennis Miller Thursday segments (which I watch mainly through his Facebook page) and could actually see him being a good replacement. But not sure he'd do it as O'Reilly and him are good friends and Miller probably doesn't want to have to go through the smear campaign he surely would be put through if he went through with this.

Either way, there are a tonne of people who could replace him. Ben Shapiro, actually, would probably be the left's worst nightmare at this point. I don't think I've ever seen him lose an argument (Bill lost plenty over his career).

I'm a big Shapiro fan, but I doubt he'd go for a FN gig. They would want him to say pro-Trump stuff and he'd refuse. He likes to be an independent thinker and have loyalty to no one. I follow him on Twitter, and one minute he's praising Trump and mocking Tucker Carlson at the same time. Then he's slamming Trump the next minute and RTing someone with leftist leanings...he has me scratching my head at times.

Bill's time was up. I have no problem with a changing of the guard. Tucker is brilliant, and constantly makes mincemeat of brain-dead lefties. Ever see his "interview" with Kurt Eichenwald? Dear God, Eichenwald came off as defiantly, mentally ill.
The man who passes the sentence should swing the sword.

GOON 21
superstar
Posts 2784
GOON 21
04-19-17 09:05 PM - Post#1698203    

Dont know the "details" of what REALLY happened (none of us do) time will tell as to what really happened.

I admit like Bill, i do.. Is he rude at times? condescending?.... A blow hard? ... A Loudmouth? YES YES YES YES but he also does have some good insight at times and makes good talking points

If you watched the show you would know he was more "center right" than others on the network, he was not as conservative as others on the network and i liked that aspect from Bill ------- He also showed the absolute double standard and bias of the media at times as well..

He wasnt perfect and wasnt a full fledge reporter (who is these days?) but he was was a force in the industry and really had a helluva a run, cant deny that at all

PuckRogue
Posts 36888
PuckRogue
04-19-17 10:28 PM - Post#1698210    

• Fotiu Said:

Did Bill Clinton die?

-PR

haymaker36
Posts 15893
haymaker36
04-19-17 10:44 PM - Post#1698211    

• PuckRogue Said:
  • Fotiu Said:

Did Bill Clinton die?

-PR

If you go by money paid out in court, O'Reilly is over 13x the sexual predator Slick Willy is.
"I may be an emotional cripple but am becoming a strong, burly fucking hunk of a man."

-Crowder

PuckRogue
Posts 36888
PuckRogue
04-19-17 10:52 PM - Post#1698213    

That seems like a valid excuse. Carry on!

-PR

haymaker36
Posts 15893
haymaker36
04-20-17 12:49 AM - Post#1698220    

A little context, since the comparison was between two specific people. O'Reilly could have fought them and not paid.
"I may be an emotional cripple but am becoming a strong, burly fucking hunk of a man."

-Crowder

Kanrok
legend
Posts 20997
Kanrok
04-20-17 07:33 AM - Post#1698226    

Tucker Carlson to replace O'Reilly.
“The greatest thing we can do just unite and love on each other and like, no barriers, no borders, like, we all need to just co-exist.”

- K. Perry

PuckRogue
Posts 36888
PuckRogue
04-20-17 07:40 AM - Post#1698227    

• haymaker36 Said:
A little context, since the comparison was between two specific people. O'Reilly could have fought them and not paid.

I've literally never watched O'Reilly's show and could give two shits about him. When someone comes in here waving their dick at O'Reilly (because he's on the right) when a former president (on the left) did the exact same shit (or worse), I'm going to chime in.

-PR

ROBBIE
superstar
Posts 2940
ROBBIE
04-20-17 08:18 AM - Post#1698229    

I liked O Reilly i sometimes thinks he just put up a show for the viewers for nobody could be that bat crazy and just switch to normal as he could

Honestly a guy like O Reilly shouldnt be on a large network in the first place , a few good points here and there arent enough for all the BS

Shapiro i smart and often very prepared in the subjects he debate in and is a super star compared to O Reilly
"That's right... I've killed women and children. Killed just about everything that walks or crawled at one time, or another. And, I'm here to kill you, little Bill. For what you did to Ned."

Pete
legend
Posts 10282
Pete
04-20-17 08:28 AM - Post#1698231    

• ROBBIE Said:
I liked O Reilly i sometimes thinks he just put up a show for the viewers for nobody could be that bat crazy and just switch to normal as he could

Honestly a guy like O Reilly shouldnt be on a large network in the first place , a few good points here and there arent enough for all the BS

Shapiro i smart and often very prepared in the subjects he debate in and is a super star compared to O Reilly

I think you're missing the point a bit. O'Reilly had a certain demographic locked from an advertising perspective. He was reportedly worth close to $200M in ad buys for the network, That is what being part of a large network is all about - ratings.
Baldridge
legend
Posts 11822
Baldridge
04-20-17 11:14 AM - Post#1698245    

• Kanrok Said:

The Dick Factor?...

Posux
Senior Vet
Posts 31854
Posux
04-20-17 11:18 AM - Post#1698246    

• PuckRogue Said:
  • haymaker36 Said:

I've literally never watched O'Reilly's show and could give two shits about him. When someone comes in here waving their dick at O'Reilly (because he's on the right) when a former president (on the left) did the exact same shit (or worse), I'm going to chime in.

-PR

Thank God you did. Whew.

PuckRogue
Posts 36888
PuckRogue
04-20-17 11:24 AM - Post#1698247    

• Posux Said:
  • PuckRogue Said:
  • haymaker36 Said:

-PR

Thank God you did. Whew.

Wow. Ummm...

self-a·ware·ness
??self ??wern?s/
noun
noun: self-awareness
conscious knowledge of one's own character, feelings, motives, and desires.
"the process can be painful but it leads to greater self-awareness"

-PR

HEAVYWEIGHT
legend
Posts 10489
HEAVYWEIGHT
04-20-17 12:18 PM - Post#1698255    

See ya!

Johnny_Upton
Posts 29090
Johnny_Upton
04-20-17 03:20 PM - Post#1698262    

• Baldridge Said:
  • Kanrok Said:

The Dick Factor?...

It will give Shitlibs something to cry about and compare to Hitler for the next month

Dis somanumbatching country was founded so that the liberties of common patriotic citizens like me could not be taken away by a bunch of fargin iceholes... like yourselves.

#Filthystrong

foolish
superstar
Posts 2998
foolish
04-20-17 03:57 PM - Post#1698266    

• Johnny_Upton Said:
  • Baldridge Said:
  • Kanrok Said:

The Dick Factor?...

It will give Shitlibs something to cry about and compare to Hitler for the next month

Shitlibs are unaware of the goings on of the Fox News Network. Unless of course they are integrated into a cool meme.
Baldridge
legend
Posts 11822
Baldridge
04-20-17 05:46 PM - Post#1698269    

Does Bill O get his money?....

Johnny_Upton
Posts 29090
Johnny_Upton
04-20-17 06:28 PM - Post#1698271    

• foolish Said:
  • Johnny_Upton Said:
  • Baldridge Said:
  • Kanrok Said:

The Dick Factor?...

Shitlibs are unaware of the goings on of the Fox News Network. Unless of course they are integrated into a cool meme.

LOL

No one knows what goes on at Fox more than a Shitlib
Dis somanumbatching country was founded so that the liberties of common patriotic citizens like me could not be taken away by a bunch of fargin iceholes... like yourselves.

#Filthystrong

Baldridge
legend
Posts 11822
Baldridge
04-20-17 06:53 PM - Post#1698274    

Or a sexually abused woman....

ed21
superstar
Posts 4353
ed21
04-20-17 06:58 PM - Post#1698275    

Have there been allegations of sexual abuse? I haven't followed this too closely and I've heard tons of allegations and settlements regarding sexual harassment.
"So I said, 'Listen pal, your car was upside down when we got here. And as for you grandmother, well she shouldn't have mouthed off to us.'" Homer Simpson

PuckRogue
Posts 36888
PuckRogue
04-20-17 07:00 PM - Post#1698276    

He only suggested that an intern let him stick a cigar in her.

-PR

irish_66
hall of famer
Posts 9177
irish_66
04-20-17 08:28 PM - Post#1698280    

Good riddance, this guy appears to be the creepy, arrogant jackass that he seems to be. I love how stated about Clinton that it doesnt look good if you pay settlements out to his mistresses. Karma and hypocrisy at its finest.
Gretzky to Hextall after Hexy stoned him on a breakaway in Hexy's first game:"Who the hell are you?"
Hextall's response:"Who the hell are you?"

irish_66
hall of famer
Posts 9177
irish_66
04-20-17 08:30 PM - Post#1698281    

Next book(taken from several late night guys)Bill O'Reilly pens"Killing My Career."
Gretzky to Hextall after Hexy stoned him on a breakaway in Hexy's first game:"Who the hell are you?"

Canucko29
legend
Posts 13424
Canucko29
04-20-17 08:34 PM - Post#1698282    

• irish_66 Said:
Next book(taken from several late night guys)Bill O'Reilly pens"Killing My Career."

LMAO!

Posux
Senior Vet
Posts 31854
Posux
04-20-17 08:54 PM - Post#1698283    

• PuckRogue Said:
  • Posux Said:
  • PuckRogue Said:
  • haymaker36 Said:

-PR

Thank God you did. Whew.

Wow. Ummm...

self-a·ware·ness
??self ??wern?s/
noun

-PR

But I am much more intelligent than you are.

PuckRogue
Posts 36888
PuckRogue
04-20-17 08:57 PM - Post#1698284    

• Posux Said:
  • PuckRogue Said:
  • Posux Said:
  • PuckRogue Said:
  • haymaker36 Said:

-PR

Thank God you did. Whew.

Wow. Ummm...

self-a·ware·ness
??self ??wern?s/
noun

-PR

But I am much more intelligent than you are.

If you insist. LOL

-PR

foolish
superstar
Posts 2998
foolish
04-20-17 10:09 PM - Post#1698286    

• ed21 Said:
Have there been allegations of sexual abuse? I haven't followed this too closely and I've heard tons of allegations and settlements regarding sexual harassment.

There have been millions in settlements paid out. At least a few were to silence women who allegedly had him on tape.

He didn't stick a cigar in anyone..... but unlike the human humidor, Bill's targets we're not into it.
PuckRogue
Posts 36888
PuckRogue
04-20-17 11:35 PM - Post#1698287    

Allegedly.

-PR

ed21
superstar
Posts 4353
ed21
04-21-17 05:59 AM - Post#1698288    

• foolish Said:
  • ed21 Said:

There have been millions in settlements paid out. At least a few were to silence women who allegedly had him on tape.

He didn't stick a cigar in anyone..... but unlike the human humidor, Bill's targets we're not into it.

Ok, so I'm guessing no on the sexual abuse question. Sexual harassment is vile behavior, no doubt but it's absolutely different than sexual abuse. Not even in the same league.

And I'm not bringing up Bill Clinton because it's pointless to point at someone's bad actions to try to excuse another person's bad actions.
"So I said, 'Listen pal, your car was upside down when we got here. And as for you grandmother, well she shouldn't have mouthed off to us.'" Homer Simpson

foolish
superstar
Posts 2998
foolish
04-21-17 06:55 AM - Post#1698289    

I don't believe physical abuse was involved. Only verbal.

The Clinton thing was to PR.

Badlands92
legend
Posts 13676
Badlands92
04-21-17 08:05 AM - Post#1698292    

But Baldridge said sexual abuse so I'm going to believe him. Word is O'Reilly also beat on puppies for fun, and FoxNews thought it was fine. Baldridge and his fine reporting!

stockfan
legend
Posts 14994
stockfan
04-21-17 08:09 AM - Post#1698293    

Maybe he doesn't beat puppies, but he did call a black girl "hot chocolate".

That girl had probably never heard anything so vile.
Ineptocracy— a system of government where the least capable to lead are elected by the least capable of producing.

Badlands92
legend
Posts 13676
Badlands92
04-21-17 08:48 AM - Post#1698294    

The HORROR!!!!!

Pete
legend
Posts 10282
Pete
04-21-17 09:05 AM - Post#1698296    

• Baldridge Said:
Does Bill O get his money?....

Unless he did something in violation of his contract, why wouldn't he?
PuckRogue
Posts 36888
PuckRogue
04-21-17 09:21 AM - Post#1698297    

• Badlands92 Said:
The HORROR!!!!!

The Mrs, a lifelong Dem and pretty liberal, asked me if I had read the allegations and said that everything she saw was lame. Stuff like "hot chocolate" and "cutie", not "can I motorboat those?" or "I wanna bend you over that chair".

Still...you gotta steer clear of comments like that at work, but torches and pitchforks for a guy who called a gal "cutie" seems like a bit much...

-PR

Johnny_Upton
Posts 29090
Johnny_Upton
04-21-17 09:39 AM - Post#1698299    

• PuckRogue Said:

Still...you gotta steer clear of comments like that at work, but torches and pitchforks for a guy who called a gal "cutie" seems like a bit much...

-PR

We're talking Shitlibs here. What's offensive is malleable based upon who's saying it

Looking for consistency from a Shitlib is like finding hens teeth

#Filthystrong

Johnny_Upton
Posts 29090
Johnny_Upton
04-21-17 09:40 AM - Post#1698300    

• Badlands92 Said:
But Baldridge said sexual abuse so I'm going to believe him. Word is O'Reilly also beat on puppies for fun, and FoxNews thought it was fine. Baldridge and his fine reporting!

Has BO been compared to Hitler yet?

#Filthystrong

Bogman
regular
Posts 206
04-21-17 10:15 AM - Post#1698301    

There are plenty of wiki about BO forthcoming. Worry not.

Oreilly had to go. Not for reasons, some like. He was all bluster like all Faux News. On rare occasion tune in, he'd argue with mental midgets like Juan Williams or whatever dumbshitlib patsy can book whilst avoiding really any meaningful. Like for example.. Stuff like market manipulation,surveillance , pizza G, irreversible debt fraud, fake mid east wars and the PTB run scenes. Good riddance Oreilly. Good luck Tucker. I like him and Judge Napolitono knocks it out of park and is unafraid. When does he get own show ( would last 5 minutes) They are only 2 reasons tune in Faux News.
foolish
superstar
Posts 2998
foolish
04-21-17 10:39 AM - Post#1698302    

• Johnny_Upton Said:
  • Badlands92 Said:

Frequently. Just google it
Bogman
regular
Posts 206
04-21-17 10:45 AM - Post#1698304    

Do you agree with those google comparisons you did not reference?
Johnny_Upton
Posts 29090
Johnny_Upton
04-21-17 01:07 PM - Post#1698307    

• foolish Said:
  • Johnny_Upton Said:
  • Badlands92 Said:

That's Bill O not Barry O

#Filthystrong

foolish
superstar
Posts 2998
foolish
04-22-17 07:57 PM - Post#1698329    

• Bogman Said:
Do you agree with those google comparisons you did not reference?

Of course not. Its hyperbole.

As for the second part - do I need to post google results? google "Obama hitler comparison" most of your fav "news" sites will have relevant links.

foolish
superstar
Posts 2998
foolish
04-22-17 07:58 PM - Post#1698330    

• Johnny_Upton Said:
  • foolish Said:
  • Johnny_Upton Said:
  • Badlands92 Said:

I don't think you are operating your google machine correctly.
Johnny_Upton
Posts 29090
Johnny_Upton
04-23-17 01:17 AM - Post#1698336    

• foolish Said:
  • Johnny_Upton Said:
  • foolish Said:
  • Johnny_Upton Said:
  • Badlands92 Said:

I don't think you are operating your google machine correctly.

Lol

Compare Shitlib Hitler comps with Bush & Trump vs Obama

More Shitlibin

#Filthystrong

Fotiu
Posts 17151
Fotiu
04-23-17 07:16 AM - Post#1698338    

• PuckRogue Said:
  • haymaker36 Said:

-PR

It's different though (but equally as bad): The right likes to take the moral high ground when it comes to moral issues. Democrats have a rich history of diddling, From JFK to the present - But the right seems to like hiding homosexual affairs more than the left.
"This is an island surrounded by water. Big water. Ocean water.”

PuckRogue
Posts 36888
PuckRogue
04-23-17 08:30 AM - Post#1698340    

While I agree, I don't think hypocrisy amongst power-soaked assholes makes sexual harassment or adulterous activities any worse. Being an asshole is being an asshole.

-PR

Bogman
regular
Posts 206
04-23-17 09:53 AM - Post#1698345    

I've never been accused of harassment but go out of way watch what I say. Just as min wage is job killer, so too are stories of harassment. Sense of humor has been lost. You cannot compliment an outfit. Anything, seemingly innocuous comment can get you in trouble. The unfortunate result is fewer woman get hired. If you have a walking lawsuit in a skirt, simple answer. Don't hire
Posux
Senior Vet
Posts 31854
Posux
04-23-17 03:46 PM - Post#1698350    

Says the guy who stiffed my waitress. Cheap fuck.

Bogman
regular
Posts 206
04-23-17 11:35 PM - Post#1698360    

"my waitress." hilarious fag. What if I can prove tipped your waitress hundred bucks. Will you leave this site for good?
Posux
Senior Vet
Posts 31854
Posux
04-24-17 01:38 AM - Post#1698361    

Yes I would. If you cannot prove it, you pay me one-thousand-bucks.

stockfan
legend
Posts 14994
stockfan
04-27-17 08:42 AM - Post#1698477    

• Fotiu Said:
  • PuckRogue Said:
  • haymaker36 Said:

-PR

It's different though (but equally as bad): The right likes to take the moral high ground when it comes to moral issues. Democrats have a rich history of diddling, From JFK to the present -
  • Quote:
But the right seems to like hiding homosexual affairs more than the left.

At least one thing they learn from the church sticks with them in day to day life.
Ineptocracy— a system of government where the least capable to lead are elected by the least capable of producing.

NYR_Nutz
hall of famer
Posts 7135
NYR_Nutz
06-02-17 08:58 PM - Post#1700167    

Anyone listen to Howard Stern? His segments on o'reilly are absolute gold

foolish
superstar
Posts 2998
foolish
06-06-17 12:47 PM - Post#1700318    

• NYR_Nutz Said:
Anyone listen to Howard Stern? His segments on o'reilly are absolute gold

I wondered how Stern would survive this administration - being very openly a social liberal and an outspoken HRC fan, as well as being pro-military and a personal friend of Trump.

I think he's bridged the divide brilliantly and has really become one of the few voices of reason in the media. His takes on O'Reilly as well as Kathy Griffin were both dead-on in my opinion.
PuckRogue
Posts 36888
PuckRogue
06-06-17 09:41 PM - Post#1700347    

Shit...now I'm feeling like I should be paying for Howard again.

-PR

foolish
superstar
Posts 2998
foolish
06-06-17 11:16 PM - Post#1700350    

I've been listening since I was a kid and he was on a buffalo station - like 30 years almost - his show is really great. I think it's easily worth the price of Sirius by itself
PuckRogue
Posts 36888
PuckRogue
06-07-17 07:32 AM - Post#1700364    

I started watching the Channel 9 show in LA before he came to LA on radio. I bought Sirius when he moved, but the show was only 3-4 days a week and too much Richard and Sal.

-PR

Johnny_Upton
Posts 29090
Johnny_Upton
06-07-17 12:36 PM - Post#1700399    

• PuckRogue Said:
I started watching the Channel 9 show in LA before he came to LA on radio. I bought Sirius when he moved, but the show was only 3-4 days a week and too much Richard and Sal.

-PR

Those 2 make Stuttering John and Jackie look like comic geniuses.

#Filthystrong

PuckRogue
Posts 36888
PuckRogue
06-07-17 03:12 PM - Post#1700422    

I can't stand either of them.

-PR

foolish
superstar
Posts 2998
foolish
06-07-17 04:09 PM - Post#1700426    

There is a lot less Richard and Sal gay antics... but they still show up from time to time. A lot more time is spent on Sal's conservative politics. Not beating him up for being conservative, but beating him up for having absolutely no clue what conservatism is or why Trump did this or that.....
irish_66
hall of famer
Posts 9177
irish_66
06-07-17 06:50 PM - Post#1700431    

good post foolish, his take down of Griffin and Oreilly was awesome and honest. IMO, Ronnie is comic gold though.

Print Topic

FusionBB™ Version 3.2 | ©2003-2017 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.25 seconds.   Total Queries: 286   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT-5). Current time is 02:48 AM