Select "print" from your browser's "File" menu.

Back to Post
Print Topic

Username Post: Northern California fires
haymaker36
Posts 15892
haymaker36
10-12-17 02:16 AM - Post#1705324    

http://www.mercurynews.com/2017/10/11/the-latest -c...

This is terribly sad. Thousands of homes/buildings have been lost and over 600 are still missing. Only 23 dead so far, but I fear it could be much much worse. Winds are picking up tonight and could increase the damage. I'm a couple hours south and it's smelt like a campfire for three days. Just terrible.
"I may be an emotional cripple but am becoming a strong, burly fucking hunk of a man."

-Crowder

Posux
Senior Vet
Posts 31850
Posux
10-12-17 06:53 AM - Post#1705325    

So sad. It’s destroying so much.

PuckRogue
Posts 36888
PuckRogue
10-12-17 07:19 AM - Post#1705327    

Some of the aerial shots are almost apocalyptic. Very scary and I’m hoping very much that there’s no more loss of life and maybe even a little rain.

-PR

Kanrok
legend
Posts 20992
Kanrok
10-12-17 09:28 AM - Post#1705331    

Saw drone video of Santa Rosa.

Wow.

Cannot believe the destruction.
“The greatest thing we can do just unite and love on each other and like, no barriers, no borders, like, we all need to just co-exist.”

- K. Perry

HenryHanson
superstar
Posts 3338
10-12-17 05:44 PM - Post#1705345    

Yesterday, Wednesday, I am working at Stanfoo and the Sun is orange. One could not see the hills which are very near. THe smell was like you were very close to a campfire and the wind blew it into your person. Today one can see some blue sky. I read online that the Snoopy Ice rink were I played Mite Hockey is still there but closed.

I'll bet that the "disasters" which have hit the USofA willl have the CHinese move into the reconstructed areas of California, Houston, and the areas devastated by the hurricanes. I sense what is going on around me, yeah I know, and not having a typical career lets me think and observe what I will. Not what some "boss" wants me to for the good of the company. Maybe not solely the Chinese but the white man is being eliminated from these areas. One winery owner was stating it is not his problem any more, that his business got scorched. It, the article, was implying it is the son's problem. I am guessing he won't rebuild. A check will be issued and sonny will move out of California. Some "smart house" will be constructed and the residents will not be a third or fourth generation Californian. THis is going on in Palo Alto as I write this and there hasn't been a natural disaster of any kind, yet. It is the older houses near the turn of the 20th Century being raized to make way for these imperialistic, build to the property line mansions.

One article had Barry Bonds, Eric Burns and other has beens running like hell to escape the flames and taking six hours to get to SF, two to three times longer than normal. It has been nuts on a local level, state level and of course an international level.

Canucko29
legend
Posts 13421
Canucko29
10-13-17 12:14 AM - Post#1705350    

I pray for your state and your brave firefighters out there busting their ass off against this blaze.

Johnny_Upton
Posts 29084
Johnny_Upton
10-13-17 08:38 AM - Post#1705353    

Dittoe

The fires are just insane
Dis somanumbatching country was founded so that the liberties of common patriotic citizens like me could not be taken away by a bunch of fargin iceholes... like yourselves.

#Filthystrong

HenryHanson
superstar
Posts 3338
10-15-17 04:36 PM - Post#1705398    

So the breeze has cleared the smell of the fires outta the Peninsula. Oakland is playing at home today, Cal played Friday night at home. So my last post could be deemed racist. A couple of days ago I played my usual pick up hockey game in Cupertino. There is this Indian man from Chicago who asked where the Costco was nearby to the rink. He mentioned it was "India City" rarely did "he see a white guy." If he did "he had an accent." It seems like the area is getting inundated by people, not of the fourth or so generational kind.

Anyways yeah the fires have been reported as being somewhat contained. I've mentioned on this site that my bro guards non violent felons and they go out and do the grunt work on fires, on State property. If it is on Federal property the Feds "will let it burn." There is talk that PG&E are once again liable for this one. If my neighbor comes into the "watering hole" as he does most Mondays, I will ask him. He was on the prosecuting team against PG&E for the San Bruno Hills fire/explosions.

Print Topic

FusionBB™ Version 3.2 | ©2003-2017 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.062 seconds.   Total Queries: 46   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT-5). Current time is 05:42 AM