Select "print" from your browser's "File" menu.

Back to Post
Print Topic

Username Post: Hawaiian Missile Crisis
Twist 'n Belak
hall of famer
Posts 6400
Twist
01-13-18 01:53 PM - Post#1708893    

This morning at 8:07am (local time I'm assuming), Hawaii residents got an Emergency Alert sent to their phones, TVs, and radios saying a ballistic missile was en route. 37 minutes later, another message sent saying it was a mistake. No missile was on its way.

https://twitter.com/PacificCommand/status /95225603...

Now imagine this happened in a place like NYC. 37 minutes of pandemonium in a large city like that.
formerly Belak_2 aka Bleka...

DOWN GOES BRASHEAR!

foolish
superstar
Posts 3171
foolish
01-13-18 02:41 PM - Post#1708899    

I aaw the best tweet about this "thank god the president was golfing". That's gold!
NYRfan
legend
Posts 34746
01-13-18 11:23 PM - Post#1708919    

Haha, no other implications but a chance to say something dumb about Trump.

At least a lot of people have a very simple life these days.

Good for them.

foolish
superstar
Posts 3171
foolish
01-14-18 08:32 AM - Post#1708940    

That's just funny shit. Have a laugh for a change.
NYRfan
legend
Posts 34746
01-14-18 12:25 PM - Post#1708946    

I'm torn between patting you on the head and saying "you have fun my little fella"........ and warning you to come back to adulthood.

Such a delicate balance. But I guess we'll all just stay the course, and be here for you.

NYRfan
legend
Posts 34746
01-14-18 12:28 PM - Post#1708947    

This reminds me of the movie I just saw, The Post.

They lionize Ben Bradley, because he was so dedicated to openness, the press and public's right to know. Nothing should ever be held from the press and public.

So I come home and look up the guy on the interwebs. Turns out his sister in law was killed by the CIA, because she was scrogging JFK and still had a diary of it, that she may or may not keep secret.

So what does Ben Bradley do ? He goes to her house to break in and finds the CIA already breaking in, and helps them look for it. Eventually Bradley finds it, and gives it to the CIA to burn.

Classic liberal "ethics". The press has unfettered rights against Nixon...... and none against Kennedy. Very flexible.

Oh, and the movie has just the cutest, snarkiest jabs at Nixon. He's a totall asshole in the Pentagon Papers saga, after he loses, they show a fictitious shot of him barring the Post from everything forever, then the closing scene is "Watergate". Having absolute zero to do with the previous 120 minutes. Just a "hahahahahahahaha".

Hollywood vs. Trump, Reagan, Bush, Nixon, 24/7/365.

The foolish effect.

foolish
superstar
Posts 3171
foolish
01-14-18 01:07 PM - Post#1708955    

But were you entertained?
Canucko29
legend
Posts 13653
Canucko29
01-14-18 07:28 PM - Post#1708964    

I am not big on boycotts due to political beliefs, but a movie has to be pretty f****** spectacular, Gone With the Wind level great, to be directed by Steven Spielberg, starring Tom Hanks and sexual assault enabling hypocrite Meryl Streep all working together in a movie that pushes the Democratic Party and Washington Post agenda.

Canucko29
legend
Posts 13653
Canucko29
01-14-18 07:47 PM - Post#1708968    

I consider Richard Nixon to be a bad president. When I read the story of how he ignored fiscal conservative Arthur Burns's advice against going the FDR route on a suffering economy, I was quite taking back. In order to maintain his popularity, particularly with Democratic populists who voted for him, he made a dumb mistake that ruined the economy for over a decade.

NYRfan
legend
Posts 34746
01-14-18 09:04 PM - Post#1708970    

Nixon probably kinda sucked as a president, and apparently was a bit of a cunt.

But he did do America a couple of huge solids.

He didn't push it when the Kennedies bought / stole the election from him. He could have. But he let it go for the good of America.

When his own ass was wrong, he resigned. He didn't do a Clinton, and just not care how many times he was caught lying, just keep lying, and wait for political cover he knew democrats would give him.

NYRfan
legend
Posts 34746
01-14-18 09:12 PM - Post#1708971    

• Canucko29 Said:
I am not big on boycotts due to political beliefs, but a movie has to be pretty f****** spectacular, Gone With the Wind level great, to be directed by Steven Spielberg, starring Tom Hanks and sexual assault enabling hypocrite Meryl Streep all working together in a movie that pushes the Democratic Party and Washington Post agenda.

It was interesting from a historical perspective, but not great movie making.

Hanks and Streep are always fun to watch, but these roles are nothing special.

First half was boring. Only got interesting when the story finally got to the legal battles.

Mostly focused on making Graham and Bradley look wonderful, poke fun at Nixon, and show lots of fawning, adoring women worshipping Graham as she walks by.

We can see that template in 95 out of 100 movies.

NYRfan
legend
Posts 34746
01-14-18 09:37 PM - Post#1708973    

A funny story about "the missile" is that there actually was a missile fired from a rogue US sub, that was shot down by anti-missile systems.

Said rogue sub trying to create a false flag to help out the Clinton-Obama-CIA-FBI schmucks that are about to get destroyed this week.

I'm almost starting to believe this shit. The evidence spilling out is mind blowing. We did have 4 weird fires in the last week or so.

haymaker36
Posts 15956
haymaker36
01-15-18 11:35 AM - Post#1708986    

• NYRfan Said:
A funny story about "the missile" is that there actually was a missile fired from a rogue US sub, that was shot down by anti-missile systems.

Said rogue sub trying to create a false flag to help out the Clinton-Obama-CIA-FBI schmucks that are about to get destroyed this week.

I'm almost starting to believe this shit. The evidence spilling out is mind blowing. We did have 4 weird fires in the last week or so.

Where do you read this shit? Seriously, I’d like to have a look.
"I may be an emotional cripple but am becoming a strong, burly fucking hunk of a man."

-Crowder

foolish
superstar
Posts 3171
foolish
01-15-18 01:25 PM - Post#1709005    

• Canucko29 Said:

I'm sort of surprised at you here. You seem like a pretty cerebral guy. I would think you'd be able to enjoy art for what it is. and appreciate something that challenges your positions.

I'll still watch Clint, though I hate his politics.... though his latest work is pretty much "gone with the wind level great"......
Canucko29
legend
Posts 13653
Canucko29
01-15-18 02:34 PM - Post#1709019    

• foolish Said:
  • Canucko29 Said:

I'm sort of surprised at you here. You seem like a pretty cerebral guy. I would think you'd be able to enjoy art for what it is. and appreciate something that challenges your positions.

I'll still watch Clint, though I hate his politics.... though his latest work is pretty much "gone with the wind level great"......

I have never seen Clint Eastwood inject his politics into any movie. Maybe he haa injected his own character into his movies, but not his politics.

I really am not that interested in most political movies. And I don't think I've ever seen one that I actually liked. I'm thinking, but nothing pops out.

I get a steady dose of liberalism from the media, First Nation people, most every other Hollywood movie, colleagues who work for government, you...

Kanrok
legend
Posts 21465
Kanrok
01-15-18 02:42 PM - Post#1709020    

I'll just leave this here.

“The greatest thing we can do just unite and love on each other and like, no barriers, no borders, like, we all need to just co-exist.”

- K. Perry

Marcelino Jeopardy
superstar
Posts 4194
Marcelino Jeopardy
01-15-18 03:55 PM - Post#1709027    

Serious question: Did that dude do anything to make himself a woman other than just slap on some lipstick and change his name?

Kind of looks like the laziest transgender around.
Kanrok
legend
Posts 21465
Kanrok
01-15-18 05:04 PM - Post#1709037    

I have no clue, and I’m afraid to research it!
“The greatest thing we can do just unite and love on each other and like, no barriers, no borders, like, we all need to just co-exist.”

- K. Perry

NYRfan
legend
Posts 34746
01-15-18 05:50 PM - Post#1709046    

There's a really sweet photo making the rounds, maybe her official campaign portrait.

Plunging open shirt, some righteous boobage, almost a nip slip.

I truly hope she wins, all the way. Let the dem-lib mental illness mushroom and metastasize.

Pete
legend
Posts 10455
Pete
01-16-18 09:33 AM - Post#1709094    

Aside from his appearance, the piece has a very ominous soundtrack and his voice is tinged with anger. Strange.
NYRfan
legend
Posts 34746
01-16-18 06:24 PM - Post#1709135    

There is actually a pretty interesting theory on the missile warning. Hackers or internal HI dems trying to goad Trump into taking military action that would turn out to be "unnecessary".

Then go full tilt on the "crazy".

Now this I could believe, from the filthy dems and deep state and MSM, who now have no bottom to their ditch and will literally try anything against Trump.

Baldridge
legend
Posts 12004
Baldridge
01-16-18 06:49 PM - Post#1709136    

• NYRfan Said:
There is actually a pretty interesting theory on the missile warning. Hackers or internal HI dems trying to goad Trump into taking military action that would turn out to be "unnecessary".

Then go full tilt on the "crazy".

Now this I could believe, from the filthy dems and deep state and MSM, who now have no bottom to their ditch and will literally try anything against Trump.

Link?....
"I can't prove any of it"-NYRfan

phantomenforcer
superstar
Posts 3528
phantomenforcer
01-17-18 06:24 AM - Post#1709148    

• Kanrok Said:
I'll just leave this here.

He sounds like Corky St. Clair from Waiting for Guffman.
Pete
legend
Posts 10455
Pete
01-17-18 08:51 AM - Post#1709162    

Anyone who thinks this was a simple "mistake" is nuts.
foolish
superstar
Posts 3171
foolish
01-17-18 09:03 AM - Post#1709163    

I would the logical rationale is that pre-trump
No one really thought we'd actually destroy the whole world, but now a major conflict seems almost certain. These groups have been complacent for decades and are now trying to do some readiness and, naturally, mistakes are being made!
Pete
legend
Posts 10455
Pete
01-17-18 01:04 PM - Post#1709177    

• foolish Said:
No one really thought we'd actually destroy the whole world, but now a major conflict seems almost certain. These groups have been complacent for decades and are now trying to do some readiness and, naturally, mistakes are being made!

Nonsense. Globalists like Hillary have been itching for a war with Russia for years.
foolish
superstar
Posts 3171
foolish
01-17-18 04:00 PM - Post#1709190    

• Pete Said:
  • foolish Said:

Nonsense. Globalists like Hillary have been itching for a war with Russia for years.

That's hilarious. War with Russia? Ok. Well the right has been wanting to be ruled by Russia for a little over a year now! Take that comrade!

Pete
legend
Posts 10455
Pete
01-17-18 05:20 PM - Post#1709191    

• foolish Said:
  • Pete Said:
  • foolish Said:

That's hilarious. War with Russia? Ok. Well the right has been wanting to be ruled by Russia for a little over a year now! Take that comrade!

Whatever. We've been fighting a proxy war against them for a few years now. Ever heard of Syria?
foolish
superstar
Posts 3171
foolish
01-17-18 05:39 PM - Post#1709195    

• Pete Said:
  • foolish Said:
  • Pete Said:
  • foolish Said:

Whatever. We've been fighting a proxy war against them for a few years now. Ever heard of Syria?

That's not the point you were making last post. We've been in proxy wars with the commies since the 50s. How this is a dem endeavor really needs clarification

Pete
legend
Posts 10455
Pete
01-18-18 07:59 AM - Post#1709221    

Please stop with the Dems vs. Repubs. They are all in it together. Doing whatever they can to maintain their power. Some players fall by the wayside but by and large, up until now, too many people have been firmly embedded within the D.C. establishment.
NYRfan
legend
Posts 34746
01-18-18 11:28 AM - Post#1709230    

Pay no attention to the fact that under Trump, in 1 year, NK is suddenly begging SK for help with doing positive, joint, peaceful things. Things that weren't imaginable for the last 3 presidents and 24 years, while we fed them money and absolutely no rules or oversight.

Like the roaring economy.... let's (libs) just pretend it's not happening, while calling Trump "scary".

Scary as in "successful which really sucks for the dem party". Scary as in "great for America which we (dems) hate more than hell itself".

NYRfan
legend
Posts 34746
01-18-18 11:33 AM - Post#1709232    

• Pete Said:
Please stop with the Dems vs. Repubs. They are all in it together. Doing whatever they can to maintain their power. Some players fall by the wayside but by and large, up until now, too many people have been firmly embedded within the D.C. establishment.

Trump is the outsider that we have begged for for 30 years since Reagan.

He wants a rational budget / less deficit-debt, less global threat through American leadership and strength, and a roaring US economy in spite of anybody else. Things that all of the dems and most of the GOP simply hate, because it greases nobody's palms, ends the global welfare state, and ends the global economy run by a few families.

So of course the MSM rallies against all of it and Trump, and the brain-dead lap it up and run & jump like the trained monkeys they are.

foolish
superstar
Posts 3171
foolish
01-18-18 02:23 PM - Post#1709242    

Ian trump really an "outsider" still? His accomplishments thus far are pretty much the standard GOP stuff. He's fun, but not
Really any different - legislatively - from a Bush.

Print Topic

FusionBB™ Version 3.2 | ©2003-2018 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.156 seconds.   Total Queries: 146   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT-6.0). Current time is 06:49 AM