Canucko29
legend
Total Posts: 13040
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
04-19-17 06:12 PM - Post#1698182    
    In response to Pete

• Pete Said:
I enjoyed the show. A bit formulaic, but Watters' bits and Dennis Miller were entertaining and O'Reilly's memo was on the money way more often than not.

O'Reilly is (likely) guilty of the same charges that probably still haunt most of Hollywood today. His problem is his face was in front of the camera instead of being behind the scenes. I think this was an orchestrated effort to take him out by Media Matters and others. How else can you account for such a quick and decisive move by so many sponsors.

...and that's the memo

I didn't watch the show much. I was never a fan of him or Hannity. I absolutely love Tucker Carlson/Ben Shapiro, who are much younger, sharper and funnier. I also really liked the Dennis Miller Thursday segments (which I watch mainly through his Facebook page) and could actually see him being a good replacement. But not sure he'd do it as O'Reilly and him are good friends and Miller probably doesn't want to have to go through the smear campaign he surely would be put through if he went through with this.

Either way, there are a tonne of people who could replace him. Ben Shapiro, actually, would probably be the left's worst nightmare at this point. I don't think I've ever seen him lose an argument (Bill lost plenty over his career).

NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic
FusionBB™ Version 3.2 | ©2003-2017 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.047 seconds.   Total Queries: 40   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT-5). Current time is 01:37 PM