hockey-fights.com
 Page 1 of 8 1234>» Last
Username Post: Keith elbow on Daniel Sedin        (Topic#535522)
bizzaro
all star
Total Posts: 1410
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
03-22-12 12:39 AM - Post#1417677    

blatant elbow by a non-fighting pussy on Daniel during tonight's game. Again, I would have preferred some on-ice justice but Keith, already small fast and shifty was skating like a scared rabbit. No one was going to get a good lick in on him legally so.... NHL will have to suspend him. My guess 5 games
He that is good for making excuses is seldom good for anything else. Benjamin Franklin

BlockerBrothers
all star
Total Posts: 1401
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       

03-22-12 01:47 AM - Post#1417681    

In response to bizzaro

Everybody around here knows I'm not a Canucks fan but that was a cheap ass elbow and a punk move by Keith.

I honestly thought that the game was going to go old school after it happened but other then Bieksa doing his normal "look at me I'm tough" stare down, I was disappointed. It reminded me a little of the Lucic on Miller hit.

As for the suspension, I'm thinking 3 - 5 but who the hell knows anymore.

coalinga
all star
Total Posts: 1347
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
03-22-12 05:04 AM - Post#1417690    

In response to BlockerBrothers

And in other news the 'nucks do absolutely nothing after one of their franchise players takes a blatant elbow to the head.

Not defending Keith. Bad hit in any era.

But the Canucks sure as hell makes it hard to feel sorry for them.............

DoubleJ
legend
Total Posts: 13018
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
03-22-12 05:45 AM - Post#1417691    

In response to coalinga

Maybe since it's the end of the season and their getting geared for the playoffs, the Nucks didn't want to screw anything up with suspensions?
Devils John Madden being interviewed:
Interviewer- How does it feel to cover Gomez?
Madden- I don't know. I don't cover 3rd line centers.

coalinga
all star
Total Posts: 1347
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
03-22-12 06:35 AM - Post#1417705    

In response to DoubleJ

True enough. One could also say that gearing up for the playoffs should include telling other teams and your own skilled players that they are not targets.

But I have to admit that your theory might be more plausible in todays league.

EDIT: and that was an attack on the state of the league and not you DJ

Edited by coalinga on 03-22-12 06:36 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

PuckRogue
Total Posts: 31649
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
03-22-12 07:04 AM - Post#1417712    

In response to coalinga

Dumb play by Keith. I would expect more than 5 games, because this was so deliberate, but Keith probably doesn't have a track record.

Biz - Enough with the drama. The Canucks are so cunty that it's shameful for you to post half of that.

-PR
Bee-dee Bee-dee Bee-dee

Peatycap
Total Posts: 28581
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
03-22-12 07:05 AM - Post#1417713    

In response to coalinga

Sedin elbowed Keith to the mush earlier in the game. It just wasn't caught by cameras or referees.

PuckRogue
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
03-22-12 07:06 AM - Post#1417714    

In response to DoubleJ

• DoubleJ Said:
Maybe since it's the end of the season and their getting geared for the playoffs, the Nucks didn't want to screw anything up with suspensions?

Gotta save any integrity and honor they have for the playoffs? Makes sense. Don't want to waste the thimble full they have there.

-PR
Bee-dee Bee-dee Bee-dee

PuckRogue
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
03-22-12 07:07 AM - Post#1417716    

In response to Peatycap

• Peatycap Said:
Sedin elbowed Keith to the mush earlier in the game. It just wasn't caught by cameras or referees.

Says who? How could it not be caught by a camera? Is that even possible?

-PR
Bee-dee Bee-dee Bee-dee

Peatycap
Total Posts: 28581
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
03-22-12 07:10 AM - Post#1417718    

In response to PuckRogue

Well, I should have said game cameras. And it looks more like a shoulder to the mush than anything.

But here you go nonetheless!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22wQYhn1bhA&feature =player_embedded

Drunk_24-7
legend
Total Posts: 16844
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
03-22-12 07:25 AM - Post#1417721    

In response to Peatycap

Cheap shot by Keith. Bit of a tit for tat as he paid Sedin back with a hit that went over the top. Dirty play no question, but why not? In today's environment he doesn't have to answer to anyone. A bitch like Sedin gives you a good shot, there's no reason not to get dirty and try and take him out. There'll be no concequences for it, so mayaswell. Keith's a rich man, a few grand in fines and lost salary isn't going to make him or break him and serves as an inconcequencial drop in the bucket. Basically a donation to the "pay to pop a Sedin" charity as oppose to the McDonald's wish foundation. A small price to pay for the satisfaction of making a Sedin cry and regret trying to hit you earlier in the game. Dirty play, but no reason in today's game for Keith not to throw that shot.

Plus it's a good time for a weeks rest before buckling down for the playoffs could be just what the doctor ordered. I'm sure he's just overwhelmed with regret for his actions thanks to the useless suspension. If Kassian was green lighted to just go after him Domi on Ulf or McCarty on Claude style the next time Keith's skates touched the ice, he might be singing a different tune but as it stands, he comes out way ahead on this one getting to plaster Sedin with no response whatsoever. Good job Keith. You're a dirty prick and obviously a bit of a gutless coward for declining Bieksa's attempt at retribution but hey, it's Bieksa so that's karma at it's finest right there and this whole back and fourth sequence and the whole game is a fine example of product of the environment the NHL is creating by thinking suspensions will ever have the same effect as enforcing in cleaning up the game.
"To be honest, even though he lost, Hendricks did a better job of enforcing than most heavyweight enforcers do." - Peatycap

Not only is the NHL totally fucked it's fans are out to lunch now as well

Badduke14
superstar
Total Posts: 4786
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
03-22-12 08:38 AM - Post#1417747    

In response to Drunk_24-7

No doubt it was a cheapshot. Keith isn't a dirty player & one of the games best defensemen so it'll be anything from 3 to 5 games. I'd be surprised if it was anything more. Bourque got I think 5 games for hitting, I think, Backstrom who still hasn't come back. IMO, they can't give Keith any more for the same type of hit.

I hear all the Canuck fans crying, but to me, it's not much difference than when Hamhuis elbowed Bolland in the head in the playoffs, right after Bolland came back from a concussion & the result was no penalty on the play.

I was sure Bieksa was gonna tee off on Stalhberg again during that scrum. Either way, another Canuck gets injured & nobody does a thing.
David Jesiolowski: Likeable balding WHL gonk. (Napes)

Marcelino Jeopardy
superstar
Total Posts: 3652
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
03-22-12 08:59 AM - Post#1417758    

In response to Badduke14

Yeah it's pretty hard to care at all when all I see on TSN after the highlights is Vigneault and big brother Henrik crying to the media as usual.

cashman rulz
legend
Total Posts: 12443
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
03-22-12 09:12 AM - Post#1417766    

In response to bizzaro

• bizzaro Said:
blatant elbow by a non-fighting pussy on Daniel during tonight's game. Again, I would have preferred some on-ice justice but Keith, already small fast and shifty was skating like a scared rabbit. No one was going to get a good lick in on him legally so.... NHL will have to suspend him. My guess 5 games

Terrible fuckin response by the Canucks!

Canucko29
legend
Total Posts: 10635
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
03-22-12 09:46 AM - Post#1417783    

In response to Peatycap

• Peatycap Said:

It was caught on camera and it wasn't an elbow. More of an awkward high hit to the head. Probably deserving for a two-minute penalty at best.
-Sedin Playoff Series Wins: 6
-Minnesota Mild Series Wins: 3

Canucko29
legend
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
03-22-12 10:00 AM - Post#1417791    

In response to Canucko29

Not sure what the Canucks should do here. The last time an incident like this happened, this happened:

If you recall, nothing happened the game Naslund was hit either. And nothing happened in the next game after in Colorado. Shit went down at a home game where the Canucks were getting blown out.

Obviously, times have changed. Not to mention, Canucks and Hawks may not play until next season. Many things can happen in between now and then. My guess is that retribution will only happen if Daniel doesn't come back this season and they blame that on getting knocked out early. That would probably piss off everybody: fans, media, Canucks players (even non-fighters), management, coaching staff etc... It would be worse than the Naslund hit, because Naslund came back and Daniel would not have and the elbow happened only 10 games before the playoffs.

Whenever it would happen, it would be a really fun game to watch, even with the same two lineups. Nobody would be safe. I would just hope that Keith would have the common sense to lose the fight to give the Canucks some satisfaction rather than run up the score sheet and yap at the Canucks bench.

And for those who think I'm going bonkers, I am pretty much the only one on this site (if I recall correctly) who predicted that the Canucks would eventually get Moore back (not the way it went down, but, you know...). Everybody and I mean everybody called me delusional for saying it would happen. What makes this significant is the timing and the fact that it comes the season after the SCF where the Sedins got physically man-handled.

JMO.

Also, my guess is that if it is serious, it's a broken jaw. That kind of throws Badduke's theory about it being like the Bolland elbow out the window.

Kramer
Total Posts: 36390
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       

03-22-12 10:07 AM - Post#1417793    

In response to Canucko29

Was it Keith or Seabrook that James Wisniewski took that huge run at, last year or 2 years ago?
"Now, now, lay off Detroit. Them people is living in 'Mad Max' times." -Moe Syzlak

RIP To The King - Bob Probert 1965-2010

ChiefBerube17
superstar
Total Posts: 4475
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
03-22-12 10:10 AM - Post#1417796    

In response to Canucko29

Someone on Vancouver should have taken a headshot at Kane,Hossa or Sharp.

already without Toews the Hawks lose one of these players long term their playoff chances would be crippled.

Edited by ChiefBerube17 on 03-22-12 10:13 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Canucko29
legend
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
03-22-12 10:22 AM - Post#1417802    

In response to Kramer

• Kramer Said:
Was it Keith or Seabrook that James Wisniewski took that huge run at, last year or 2 years ago?

That was Seabrook.

Kramer
Total Posts: 36390
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       

03-22-12 10:33 AM - Post#1417807    

In response to Canucko29

Thanks Canucko
"Now, now, lay off Detroit. Them people is living in 'Mad Max' times." -Moe Syzlak

RIP To The King - Bob Probert 1965-2010

Page 1 of 8 1234>» Last
Icon Legend Permissions & Sharing Options Topic Options
Print Topic

Follow
42 Online Now
1 viewable users and 0 hidden plus 41 guests are online now.
Hot Topic
Most recent hot topic is "Hackers threaten 9/11 attacks on movie theatres" with 42 replies.
Ad
Recent Topics
FusionBB™ Version 3.2 | ©2003-2014 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.378 seconds.   Total Queries: 349   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT-6.0). Current time is 04:40 AM