hockey-fights.com
Username Post: Will there be PLAYOFF fights?        (Topic#535761)
Z ROCK
captain
Total Posts: 798
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
04-06-12 11:04 AM - Post#1424549    

With one game left in the regular season the seeds/matchups are all but locked up.

I love the intensity of the playoffs but in today's NHL...is it realistic to think there may be fights in this year's playoffs?

Will there be fights?

What would be the most likely matchup to feature fighting?

Which matchup is most likely to have ZERO fights?

Which fighter/enforcer is most likely to play?

Which fighter/enforcer is most likely to be in the press box?

Comments?

Let the playoffs begin!

Engine33
superstar
Total Posts: 2623
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
04-06-12 11:05 AM - Post#1424551    

In response to Z ROCK

Depending on how the flyers/pens game goes saturday, it could be a nasty series, and i hope so!

Canucko29
legend
Total Posts: 10046
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
04-06-12 11:13 AM - Post#1424556    

In response to Engine33

Absolutely. Actually, a fight is more of a given now in the playoffs than back in the dead puck days when the refs only called something if it had scoring chance implications. I actually like the playoffs better now than in the early 2000's (actually, like them way more). The regular season is what really stinks.
-Sedin Playoff Series Wins: 6
-Minnesota Mild Series Wins: 2

InVain316
hall of famer
Total Posts: 5066
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
04-06-12 11:16 AM - Post#1424561    

In response to Canucko29

No way does Ottawa - Boston go a whole series without a fight.

Bastard24
all star
Total Posts: 1497
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       

04-06-12 11:38 AM - Post#1424583    

In response to InVain316

Agree with InVain316. Thornton will take a regular shift as will Neil and Konopka.

InVain did you go to Mastodon last night? Thought they were great, Opeth was putting me to sleep.
"I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."-Thomas Jefferson

Bastard24
all star
Total Posts: 1497
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       

04-06-12 11:40 AM - Post#1424586    

In response to Bastard24

Nashville and Detroit may not have any body contact what so ever.
"I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."-Thomas Jefferson

steeles21
Total Posts: 18717
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       

04-06-12 11:42 AM - Post#1424589    

In response to Bastard24

I don't see any reason why not. Heat of the moment fights always break out.
http://www.qualcomm.com/

InVain316
hall of famer
Total Posts: 5066
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
04-06-12 12:04 PM - Post#1424624    

In response to Bastard24

• Bastard24 Said:
Agree with InVain316. Thornton will take a regular shift as will Neil and Konopka.

InVain did you go to Mastodon last night? Thought they were great, Opeth was putting me to sleep.

I thought about it, but didn't feel like going through the trouble. Wasn't in "sweaty, jam packed, greasy metal heads-go home with ears ringing" mood. Kinda regret not catching Mastodon.

I use to like Opeth, but the new album is like Ny-Quil. Don't have much interest in it live.

Matt Dillon
legend
Total Posts: 18730
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
04-06-12 12:05 PM - Post#1424627    

In response to InVain316

Why does everyone think Konopka is going to dress? He hasn't dressed regularly all year.

juha82
hall of famer
Total Posts: 9578
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
04-07-12 01:48 AM - Post#1425010    

In response to Matt Dillon

They will not use a McGrattan against Detroit IMO but if...
Rangers uses a Rupp-Prust duo for sure and i add a John Scott in the defense.
New Yersey uses a Boulton-Janssen-Clarkson trio, i hope.
Philadelphia should to use a Rinaldo at least, maybe Sestito too.

Tim-
legend
Total Posts: 15087
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
04-07-12 02:08 AM - Post#1425020    

In response to juha82

After the Rags got beat by the Caps last year, you have to think they'll want blood this year.
"It is not our fault that the world is bad, and we do not want to die changing it. We want to live- that is all."

-Tadeusz Borowski

mrBnatural
all star
Total Posts: 2196
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
04-07-12 02:23 AM - Post#1425022    

In response to Tim-

Chris Neil is injured, messed himself up during shooting drills. Listed as day-to-day

"I'm not a performance artist or any of that, I'm not out to please anyone. Just me." -
-- G. G. Allin

Kordic
superstar
Total Posts: 2969
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
04-07-12 02:26 AM - Post#1425023    

In response to Tim-

There will eventually boil over during the Flyers-Pens series. However, Boston-Ottawa should have a few fights too. The Caps don´t dress tough guys, we might get Hendricks or Beagle getting beat up by Prust or Rupp at some point.
My job description? If there's a problem on the ice, I just go out and fix it. - Dave Brown

gulash
hall of famer
Total Posts: 8654
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
04-07-12 06:30 PM - Post#1425277    

• Matt Dillon Said:
Why does everyone think Konopka is going to dress? He hasn't dressed regularly all year.

I see him not playing.How is Neil's injury?

Matt Dillon
legend
Total Posts: 18730
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
04-07-12 06:39 PM - Post#1425284    

In response to gulash

The hammers of the NHL will put some more fucking gayass rules in like the last 5 minute fight rule they had last year. Will there be fights? Yes, but one here and one here. I will be shocked if we have more then two multi fight games in the first round, after that it will turn gayer.

Z ROCK
captain
Total Posts: 798
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
04-13-12 11:44 AM - Post#1427839    

Well...I guess this question has been answered by all the fightless game 1's. As we progress further into round one and the later rounds it is highly doubtful that any fights will occur. The hockey has been fast and reasonably hard hitting thus far (at least the Flyers/Pitt and the Rangers/Ottawa games were) but it is still missing that "boil over" point where fights and scrums break out. At this point nothing will be staged but there were several opportunities to throw down.

Philadelphia down 3-0 and nary a roughing.

Ottawa down 4-0 and there was a sniff of a Rupp/Neil scrap but never materialized.

If 7 minutes is the norm for Thornton then I guess he's taking a "regular shift" as someone suggested he might.

Rinaldo - all of 5 minutes ice time in game 1.

Wings / Preds - this is a joke of a series anyways...too bad both teams can't lose and go the fuck home. Maybe Weber should shove every Wing's face through the glass.

For Vancouver - Bitz and Kassian 7 TOTAL minutes of ice time in game 1. (i know bitz had a misconduct but midway thru the 2nd he only had 2 mins of ice)

Phoenix is a pussy team and in Chicago Bollig and Mayers barely sniffed the ice.

Also...its too bad the refs are fucking shit up too. There could be some really rough games. Misconducts and penalties being handed out like rubbers in an inner city school.
WTF.

HEAVYWEIGHT
hall of famer
Total Posts: 6823
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
04-13-12 11:55 AM - Post#1427844    

In response to Z ROCK

The Wings are just plain SOFT. With Helm out, Abdelkader will have to carry all the hits. Franzen is such a PUSSY, Holmstrom is so dman slow it makes you not GIVE A CRAP about this team. The mule, more like the Mole. Being a DIE HARD wings fan, aint what it used to be.

Franzen:

"Yeah, that's gotta be a tough one for him," Red Wings forward Johan Franzen said Thursday, sarcasm fully intended.

Really, though, how tough was this one to judge? And how are we to judge the league's true intentions now when it comes to protecting its most valuable commodity — its players — after a decision like this?

Franzen, why don't you do something about it?????

USA, "BACK to BACK World War Champs"!

rangfan
hall of famer
Total Posts: 9124
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
04-15-12 09:09 PM - Post#1429156    

In response to Z ROCK

• Z ROCK Said:
Well...I guess this question has been answered by all the fightless game 1's. As we progress further into round one and the later rounds it is highly doubtful that any fights will occur. The hockey has been fast and reasonably hard hitting thus far (at least the Flyers/Pitt and the Rangers/Ottawa games were) but it is still missing that "boil over" point where fights and scrums break out. At this point nothing will be staged but there were several opportunities to throw down.

I bet you're glad you're pretty wrong here!
"He is NOT Yankees material. He wouldn't look good in their uniform and doesn't fit the class or work ethic level. I see him as a lazy non pressure environment pitcher."

Huard, on CC

Huard28
Total Posts: 29672
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
04-15-12 10:49 PM - Post#1429196    

In response to rangfan

ZROCK: I think we have hit the "boil over" point and far beyond!
"I never participate in the game anymore. It doesn't work. I am too bad. I only fight". - Link Gaetz

Icon Legend Permissions & Sharing Options Topic Options
Print Topic

Follow
41 Online Now
6 viewable users and 1 hidden plus 34 guests are online now.
Hot Topic
Most recent hot topic is "New York Islanders @ Buffalo Sabres 4/13/14 Johnson vs Scott" with 71 replies.
Ad
Recent Topics
FusionBB™ Version 3.2 | ©2003-2014 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.321 seconds.   Total Queries: 336   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT-5). Current time is 08:30 AM