hockey-fights.com
 Page 1 of 2 All12
Username Post: The Hulk        (Topic#535691)
Posux
Senior Vet
Total Posts: 29638
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
04-03-12 12:44 AM - Post#1422576    

I don't care what anyone says, The Hulk will beat up your favorite super hero. Hulk smash.

Kramer
Total Posts: 36390
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       

04-03-12 07:17 AM - Post#1422603    

In response to Posux

Solomon Grundy crush Pimple-man! Grundy will KILL!!

"Now, now, lay off Detroit. Them people is living in 'Mad Max' times." -Moe Syzlak

RIP To The King - Bob Probert 1965-2010

johnz
legend
Total Posts: 13620
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
04-03-12 07:58 AM - Post#1422606    

In response to Kramer

Hulk got beat by Superman in '97 when the DC-Marvel clash happened, but in most cases, I would agree that the Hulk would beat just about any of them, including Superman. Spiderman is the ONE guy who can beat just about any of them, through his intelligence, guile and athleticism.
"Pitching is really just an internal struggle between pitcher and his stuff. If my curve ball is breaking and I'm throwing it where I want, the batter is irrelevant." - Steve Stone

Peatycap
Total Posts: 28443
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
04-03-12 08:27 AM - Post#1422611    

In response to johnz

Thank you for giving me the perfect opportunity to show off my son's room. He's 4 going on 5 and loves comics (and sports too of course). I finished painting his room last week. The Fathead came in a few days later. The perforation stopped on his shoulder, hence the tear. But Fathead has already sent me a new one.

Mike Tricky
captain
Total Posts: 668
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       

04-03-12 09:12 AM - Post#1422622    

In response to Peatycap

I agree.. The Hulk is unstoppable. The superman thing was a fanboy write in. Hulk would destroy Superman.

Spider-man could do nothing to the Hulk.

Engine33
superstar
Total Posts: 2698
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
04-03-12 09:54 AM - Post#1422630    

In response to Mike Tricky

Pitt is the most badass ever!

Engine33
superstar
Total Posts: 2698
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
04-03-12 09:56 AM - Post#1422631    

In response to Engine33

Peaty, that's pretty badass man, nice work!

Cotton
Total Posts: 27598
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
04-03-12 10:14 AM - Post#1422638    

In response to Engine33

"No man in the wrong can stand up against a fellow that's in the right an keeps on a-comin."
-creed of Texas Ranger Captain W. J. McDonald

fcoriginal
journeyman
Total Posts: 94
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
04-03-12 10:47 AM - Post#1422655    

In response to Cotton

Painful to see my beloved "Thing" constantly get hammered every time he locked horns with the Hulk. Brutal! (Fantastic Four #'s 25, & 112)

What about Thor? Always was under the impression that the two were equal.....

clydefrog0371
superstar
Total Posts: 3695
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
04-03-12 10:52 AM - Post#1422662    

In response to fcoriginal

Wolverine was created by the weapon X program to kill the Hulk. He failed. If Wolverine can't kill you, you're pretty badass.....just sayin!
"Meet me and my foot"...best threat ever.

Mike Tricky
captain
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       

04-03-12 10:57 AM - Post#1422667    

• fcoriginal Said:
Painful to see my beloved "Thing" constantly get hammered every time he locked horns with the Hulk. Brutal! (Fantastic Four #'s 25, & 112)

What about Thor? Always was under the impression that the two were equal.....

Thor and Hulk start off on the same base level of strength but as the Hulk gets angrier he becomes stronger. Hulk also has picked up Thor's hammer and hit him with it in the past.

Mike Tricky
captain
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       

04-03-12 10:59 AM - Post#1422668    

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwxDZFmo54o

fcoriginal
journeyman
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
04-03-12 11:29 AM - Post#1422687    

Most of the time the two fought to a draw.

Then again, I heard the Hulk changed color?

My collection has been boxed for years.

PuckRogue
Total Posts: 31642
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
04-03-12 11:53 AM - Post#1422699    

All you apparently need to do to defeat him is hand him a gallon of Midori...

-PR
Bee-dee Bee-dee Bee-dee

Posux
Senior Vet
Total Posts: 29638
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
04-03-12 01:22 PM - Post#1422763    

In response to PuckRogue

Good stuff here. I too, am a fan of Thor and The Thing.

Mike Tricky
captain
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       

04-03-12 01:24 PM - Post#1422766    

• fcoriginal Said:
Most of the time the two fought to a draw.

Then again, I heard the Hulk changed color?

My collection has been boxed for years.

The Hulk possesses the potential for limitless physical strength depending directly on his emotional state, particularly his anger.[40] This has been reflected in the repeated comment, "The madder Hulk gets, the stronger Hulk gets." After probing, the entity Beyonder once claimed that the Hulk's potential strength had "no finite element inside."[41] His durability, regeneration, and endurance also increase in proportion to his temper.[42] Greg Pak described the Hulk shown during World War Hulk as having a level of physical power where "Hulk was stronger than any mortal—and most immortals—who ever walked the Earth."[43]
The Hulk's level of strength is normally limited by Banner's subconscious influence. When Hulk allowed Jean Grey to psionically "shut Banner off", he reached a scale of power on which he managed to overpower and destroy the physical form of the villain Onslaught.[44]
The Hulk is resistant to most forms of injury or damage. The extent varies between interpretations, but he has withstood the equivalent of solar temperatures,[45] nuclear explosions,[46] and planet-shattering impacts.[47] Despite his remarkable resiliency, continuous barrages of high-caliber gunfire can hinder his movement to some degree, and this has been consistently portrayed outside the comic books, in both live-action films and animation. He has been shown to have both regenerative and adaptive healing abilities, including growing tissues to allow him to breathe underwater,[48] surviving unprotected in space for extended periods,[49][50] and when injured, healing from most wounds within seconds.[51] As an effect, he has an extremely prolonged lifespan.[52]
The Hulk's powerful legs allow him to leap into lower Earth orbit or across continents,[53] and he has displayed sufficient superhuman speed to match Thor,[54] and Sentry.[55]
He also possesses less commonly described powers, including abilities allowing him to "home in" to his place of origin in New Mexico,[56] resist psychic control,[57] or unwilling transformation;[58] grow stronger from radiation[59] or dark magic;[60] and to see and interact with astral forms.[61]
In the early days of the first Hulk comic series, "massive" doses of gamma rays (such as from the explosion of a hand-held nuclear grenade) would cause the Hulk to transform back to Bruce Banner, although this ability was written out of the character by the 1970s.
As Bruce Banner, he is considered one of the greatest minds on Earth. He has developed expertise in the fields of biology, chemistry, engineering, and physiology, and holds a Ph.D. in nuclear physics. He possesses "a mind so brilliant it cannot be measured on any known intelligence test."[62] Bruce Banner also makes use of his intelligence to create highly advanced technology labelled as "Bannertech", which is on par with technological development from Tony Stark or Doctor Doom. The most common Bannertech Bruce uses is a force field able to shrug off blows from Hulk-level entities, along with a teleporter, which can be used to transport an unknown number of people. Bannertech is also used by Amadeus Cho, as well as the Hulk persona itself.
In The Science of Superheroes, Lois Grest and Robert Weinberg examined Hulk’s powers, explaining the scientific flaws in them. Most notably, they point out that the level of gamma radiation Banner is exposed to at the initial blast would induce radiation sickness and kill him, or if not, create significant cancer risks for Banner, because hard radiation strips cells of their ability to function. They go on to offer up an alternate origin, in which a Hulk might be created by biological experimentation with adrenal glands and GFP.
Charles Q. Choi from LiveScience.com further explains that unlike the Hulk, gamma rays are not green; existing as they do beyond the visible spectrum, gamma rays have no color at all that we can describe. He also explains that gamma rays are so powerful (the most powerful form of electromagnetic radiation and 10,000 times more powerful than visible light) that they can even convert energy into matter - a possible explanation for the increased mass that Bruce Banner takes on during transformations. "Just as the Incredible Hulk 'is the strongest one there is,' as he says himself, so too are gamma ray bursts the most powerful explosions known."[63]

fcoriginal
journeyman
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
04-03-12 02:29 PM - Post#1422861    

MT:

After reading that, we have to include you in the genesis of Marvel! LOL.......

"Hulk was stronger than any mortal—and most immortals—who ever walked the Earth."

Thor sure as sin was not like most immortals.

Without delving into my collection I know of several draws between the two. Journey Into Mystery #112...Defenders #10...Hulk #255.

Unless a minor skirmish occured in Avengers #1, I believe Journey Into Mystery #112 was the very first time the two fought.

Tim-
legend
Total Posts: 15137
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
04-03-12 02:29 PM - Post#1422862    

It's all quoted from Wikipedia.
"It is not our fault that the world is bad, and we do not want to die changing it. We want to live- that is all."

-Tadeusz Borowski

fcoriginal
journeyman
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
04-03-12 02:56 PM - Post#1422874    

In response to Tim-

Whew! As a kid I cried when the Hulk punched the Thing into tiny pieces of rocks when they met in one of those old "Hanna Barbera" Fantastic Four cartoons.

Another guy who gave the Hulk a run for his "coin" was the Sub-Mariner.

Man, Namor was tough. Remember when he gave the Thing fits in issue #8.

Pagey
legend
Total Posts: 13074
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       

04-03-12 05:29 PM - Post#1422947    

The Hulk is tough, but not magic tough. Doc Strange could (and did) hypnotize him and make him do his bidding at will.
“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.”
- Neil deGrasse Tyson

Page 1 of 2 All12
Icon Legend Permissions & Sharing Options Topic Options
Print Topic

Follow
52 Online Now
4 viewable users and 1 hidden plus 47 guests are online now.
Hot Topic
Most recent hot topic is "Palin Brawl" with 42 replies.
Ad
Recent Topics
FusionBB™ Version 3.2 | ©2003-2014 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.332 seconds.   Total Queries: 347   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT-5). Current time is 07:20 PM