hockey-fights.com
Username Post: Driving to Florida        (Topic#535771)
Kanrok
legend
Total Posts: 16499
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
04-06-12 10:29 PM - Post#1424959    

Until last week, I've never driven to Florida for spring break.

This year I took the family to Destin (actually Miramar Beach).

We went with five other families, probably 15 kids from kindergarten to high school there.

Had a great time.

What struck me the most is how beautiful Kentucky, Tennessee and Alabama are, even from Route 65.

So, why am I posting this?

Just to remind everyone what a beautiful country we have.

If you believe what you like in the Gospels, and reject what you don't like, it is not the Gospel you believe, but yourself. - St. Augustine

Maguire19
Total Posts: 18080
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
04-06-12 11:07 PM - Post#1424973    

In response to Kanrok

Funny you say that Kanrok. From August 11 through the 18th Ill be in Destin. Driving from WNY. Show it clocking at 1140 miles. Plan on doing it all in a day with a 6 and 11 year old.

superstar
Total Posts: 4116
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
04-06-12 11:14 PM - Post#1424979    

In response to Maguire19

My girlfriend's dad is retiring to Orlando and purchased a house a couple years back. We headed down there from PA last summer. Fantastic trip and I agree, the country is beautiful.

I know it wouldn't be en route for either of you guys, but driving down 81 through the Blue Ridge Mountains in Virginia is about as good as it gets. I have never driven out West, but this is easily my favorite drive I have ever done. Used to do it going from Atlanta to DC a lot growing up and I would have the backseat to myself. I would sprawl out with a pillow against one door and just stare out the other window at the view.

superstar
Total Posts: 4116
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
04-06-12 11:15 PM - Post#1424981    

In response to 187

BTW, Godspeed Mags! You and the Mrs. are going to need a few huge drinks when you get in.

mtnbiker
hall of famer
Total Posts: 7334
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
04-06-12 11:25 PM - Post#1424989    

In response to 187

Welcome back Kanrok.

Wholeheartedly agree that we have an amazingly diverse and beautiful country. My next domestic trip is going to have to be the Pacific Northwest. Never been there, but I want to check out the coastal rain forests, Bend, OR, and the Cascades.

I went last year up to Wisconsin for the first time and really enjoyed the countryside there. Every shade of green imaginable, and rolling hills with bucolic, little towns dotting the landscape...very peaceful.

Enjoy the trip Mags.
"This ends tonight!"
"It's daytime you douche."

Kanrok
legend
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
04-06-12 11:38 PM - Post#1424991    

In response to Maguire19

• Maguire19 Said:
Funny you say that Kanrok. From August 11 through the 18th Ill be in Destin. Driving from WNY. Show it clocking at 1140 miles. Plan on doing it all in a day with a 6 and 11 year old.

Cool Mags.

Good luck with that.

I stopped in Birmingham on the way down.

The kids swam and the adults got shit-faced.

If you get the chance definitely go to dinner at the Red Door in Grayton Beach.

You will not be disappointed.

If you believe what you like in the Gospels, and reject what you don't like, it is not the Gospel you believe, but yourself. - St. Augustine

Kanrok
legend
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
04-06-12 11:40 PM - Post#1424992    

In response to mtnbiker

• mtnbiker Said:
Welcome back Kanrok.

Wholeheartedly agree that we have an amazingly diverse and beautiful country. My next domestic trip is going to have to be the Pacific Northwest. Never been there, but I want to check out the coastal rain forests, Bend, OR, and the Cascades.

I went last year up to Wisconsin for the first time and really enjoyed the countryside there. Every shade of green imaginable, and rolling hills with bucolic, little towns dotting the landscape...very peaceful.

Enjoy the trip Mags.

Thanks Mtn.

Where were you in Wisconsin?

Love the Pacific Northwest.

My sister lives in Seattle.

Beautiful country.

Kanrok
legend
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
04-06-12 11:41 PM - Post#1424993    

In response to 187

• 187 Said:
My girlfriend's dad is retiring to Orlando and purchased a house a couple years back. We headed down there from PA last summer. Fantastic trip and I agree, the country is beautiful.

I know it wouldn't be en route for either of you guys, but driving down 81 through the Blue Ridge Mountains in Virginia is about as good as it gets. I have never driven out West, but this is easily my favorite drive I have ever done. Used to do it going from Atlanta to DC a lot growing up and I would have the backseat to myself. I would sprawl out with a pillow against one door and just stare out the other window at the view.

I have some friends in West Virginia.

Probably will have a trip up in that neck of the woods in the near future.

mtnbiker
hall of famer
Total Posts: 7334
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
04-07-12 01:08 AM - Post#1424998    

In response to Kanrok

• Kanrok Said:
  • mtnbiker Said:
Welcome back Kanrok.

Enjoy the trip Mags.

Thanks Mtn.

Where were you in Wisconsin?

Love the Pacific Northwest.

My sister lives in Seattle.

Beautiful country.

Just outside Madison in a town called Mount Horeb. We then rode all over that part of the state.
"This ends tonight!"
"It's daytime you douche."

Kanrok
legend
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
04-07-12 07:07 AM - Post#1425031    

In response to mtnbiker

That part of Wisconsin is particularly beautiful.

Very hilly.

Great soil for farming.

Madison is a fun town as well.

Icon Legend Permissions & Sharing Options Topic Options
Print Topic

Follow
54 Online Now
3 viewable users and 0 hidden plus 51 guests are online now.
Hot Topic
Most recent hot topic is "Boston Bruins @ Buffalo Sabres 10/30/14 Lucic vs Stewart" with 27 replies.
Ad
Recent Topics
FusionBB™ Version 3.2 | ©2003-2014 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.216 seconds.   Total Queries: 189   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT-5). Current time is 08:47 AM