hockey-fights.com
Article by DPR4444    (07-19-11 03:11 PM)

http://www.clickondetroit.com/sports/28587421/detai l.html

"The St. Louis Blues on Monday signed forward Ryan Reaves to a one-year, two-way contract, the team announced.

Financial terms were not disclosed. However, the St. Louis Post-Dispatch reported Reaves will receive $525,000 at the NHL level and $105,000 at the AHL level.

Reaves is primarily an enforcer who had 86 hits and 78 penalty minutes with four points in 28 games last season."

Username Comments
licoricebiscuit
superstar
Total Posts: 3370
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
07-19-11 08:02 PM - Post#1333069    

In response to DPR4444

I like Reaves. I was checking out video on this kid and I like what I saw, he seems to have descent balance and switches hands well. The only criticisms I could have would be that it seems as if he doesn't do very well against guys he should dominate, but perhaps he just doesn't get jacked up for these type of scraps.

Well, he's 24 so he is coming into his prime, perhaps we will see some fireworks. With Janssen gone maybe he steps up.
Potius Mori Quam Foedari

Tim-
legend
Total Posts: 16042
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
07-19-11 09:20 PM - Post#1333084    

In response to licoricebiscuit

I liked him behind cam.

From what I hear about SDR, reaves will need all the help he can get. Still, I'm a fan from what I saw. Good for him.
"It is not our fault that the world is bad, and we do not want to die changing it. We want to live- that is all."

-Tadeusz Borowski

Drunk_24-7
legend
Total Posts: 17082
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
07-20-11 04:08 PM - Post#1333271    

In response to Tim-

Good deal here. I think he'll stick full time this season. In Cam's absence the Blue's will need him and if he can hold is own, he should become a full time NHL'er. He'll be in tough in a beefed up Western Conference so it'd be nice if the Blue's would bring in a guy to help him with that. David Koci'd be a nice pickup.
"To be honest, even though he lost, Hendricks did a better job of enforcing than most heavyweight enforcers do." - Peatycap

Not only is the NHL totally fucked it's fans are out to lunch now as well

Kimble29
hall of famer
Total Posts: 8521
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
07-20-11 04:13 PM - Post#1333272    

In response to Drunk_24-7

I firmly believe that Janssen's spot on the roster is Ryan's to lose... and I've heard that from some good sources. Reaves is a pretty decent AHL player so how well that translates into the NHL gig is something that will develop. All I know is that watching him for three seasons in Peoria I've seen him go from a flailer to a nailer in the fighting department. And I still firmly believe, albeit with no proof, that Mitch Love helped Reaves on his fisticuffs when Mitch played here in Peoria. And if the Blues truly need a heavy on occasion I wouldn't be surprised to see Peluso get a call up. If the Blues suffer injuries in that area I think he'll get a shot or two. His playing/skating improved tremendously last season.

Johnny Utah
all star
Total Posts: 2296
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
07-21-11 05:09 PM - Post#1333632    

In response to Kimble29

Good call on Reeves, he did awful agaisnt Dorsett and McLeod but owned Clifford and Peckham, he should be beating those first two.

Edited by Johnny Utah on 07-21-11 05:09 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Blues 34
superstar
Total Posts: 2677
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
08-18-11 03:01 PM - Post#1341108    

In response to Johnny Utah

The Blues have some room to manuver here they can see How Ryan does and adjust on the fly if they need to. I am anxious to see how he does against the big boys and we will now because he is the guy for now.
Take the shortest route to the puck and arive there in Ill Humor

Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options
Print Topic

Follow
71 Online Now
3 viewable users and 1 hidden plus 67 guests are online now.
Hot Topic
Most recent hot topic is "CNN is a messy mess" with 25 replies.
Ad
Recent Topics
FusionBB™ Version 3.2 | ©2003-2017 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.156 seconds.   Total Queries: 152   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT-5). Current time is 07:31 PM