hockey-fights.com
Article by BillyH    (10-09-13 12:38 PM)

Why do many of the color commentators in hockey bash the game so bad? Big hits, fights...they talk for minutes about changes that need to be done to the game.

In the NFL and college football..guys are getting really hurt all the time. Knee's, head injuries etc...and the announcers don't cry about it the whole damn game and say they need to change everything about it.

Its like a race to see who can be more politically correct.

Its making hockey almost unwatchable at times. I am choosing more and more to watch football b/c they don't bash the sport I am trying to enjoy. While in hockey they are basically telling you how bad the game is an you should not watch this horrible violence. What kind of freaking marketing is that.

I was watching a Blackhawks game the other day and one player got his hands up a little on a hit and the pansy color guy went on for 5 minutes about how USA hockey needs to make rules where you cannot put your hands over the guys chest.

Jesus..I am trying to watch the game.

Username Comments
taz
hall of famer
Total Posts: 9626
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
10-09-13 12:52 PM - Post#1560226    

In response to BillyH

I don't hear the complain about legal hits and fair fights. I hear them complain about dirty hits and goon actions. Commentators in other sports do the same thing. Football guys rip on dirty hits, not clean ones. I don't find hockey announcers to be any different from any of the other sports.
Large Screen Laptop...$600
Internet Service...$50
Reading Johnz's inane homer posts...Priceless

Brawls16
legend
Total Posts: 13169
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
10-09-13 01:02 PM - Post#1560227    

In response to taz

Try living in Canada where it's hockey 24/7

It's all they complain about, it's sickening.

Even though it's the hits, puck and sticks that make up for 99% of hockey related injuries, it's anti- fighting that's the main concern.

Think about the generations of pussified kids being bred into this weak society of ours, they're learning to love this euro-trash shit.

Enjoy it boys, it WILL be gone some day.

That's the day I quit hockey.
Clark-Domi-Belak-Orr

BillyH
all star
Total Posts: 1260
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
10-09-13 01:48 PM - Post#1560233    

In response to taz

• taz Said:
I don't hear the complain about legal hits and fair fights. I hear them complain about dirty hits and goon actions. Commentators in other sports do the same thing. Football guys rip on dirty hits, not clean ones. I don't find hockey announcers to be any different from any of the other sports.

Respect your opinion.

I am talking about during game broadcasts specifically.

I just don't see the bashing of the sport for minutes at a time during the game itself. In the NFL they might say...dirty hit, does not belong in the game..and on to the next play.

Some of the NHL stuff I see are not even on penalties. Sometimes ..they bitch about normal fights for minutes at a time during a game. Almost telling you in a subliminal way, not to watch. Bizarre.

If I was the team owner I would slap my color guy and say be more positive about our freaking sport or find yourself a new freaking job.

The Blackhawks game I mentioned earlier is a good example, the guy went on for ~5 minutes about how USA hockey needs a rule against getting your hands up too high on a hit. The hit was not a penalty in the game and not even that big a hit. It was the color guy going on and on and I just turned it off.

Edited by BillyH on 10-09-13 01:55 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Brawls16
legend
Total Posts: 13169
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
10-09-13 02:59 PM - Post#1560244    

In response to BillyH

Mike Johnson last night for the Leafs game was crying over McLeods actions after his fight with Bodie when he gave his bench the old arm lift as to say 'lets fuckin go boys'.

"To me when I was a player, a fight like that did absolutely nothing for me. Didn't pump me up and got me going."

1 minute later the Avs tied it up! You gotta love it!

Never liked that pussy.
Clark-Domi-Belak-Orr

Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options
Print Topic

Follow
63 Online Now
2 viewable users and 0 hidden plus 61 guests are online now.
Hot Topic
Most recent hot topic is "Vegas Golden Knights Expansion Draft" with 29 replies.
Ad
Recent Topics
FusionBB™ Version 3.2 | ©2003-2017 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.125 seconds.   Total Queries: 119   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT-5). Current time is 11:36 AM