hockey-fights.com
 Page 1 of 53 1234>» Last
Username Post: President Trump        (Topic#548602)
NIGERIAN NIGHTMARE
hall of famer
Total Posts: 5527
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-20-17 10:37 AM - Post#1691175    

Well, here we go fellas. As a Trump voter, but a guy who leans both ways on things, all I want to say is I hope this guy can do half of what he says, while remembering he serves ALL Americans.

If we cannot become unified these next 4 years, it will never happen.

He must heal, unite, and fix all at the same time.\

I pray for him, his cabinet, and for our country.

NN
When You Put Your Faith in Man, You Will Always Be Let Down.....

Canucko29
legend
Total Posts: 13342
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-20-17 10:56 AM - Post#1691176    

In response to NIGERIAN NIGHTMARE

Ditto. There are those who want things to stay divided and profit from this mess. It's going to be an interesting four years for sure.

PuckRogue
Total Posts: 36792
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-20-17 11:10 AM - Post#1691179    

In response to Canucko29

I have a bevy of friends who are calling this a "sad day". While I'm hardly confident, that's just Americans being oblivious to how good they have it, as usual.

A "sad day" would be starting a war or crashing the markets or something like that. This, itself, is not a "sad day" for anyone except HRC.

-PR

Kanrok
legend
Total Posts: 20841
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-20-17 11:13 AM - Post#1691180    

In response to PuckRogue

I'm wearing a nice white pant suit and a red MAGA hat.
“The greatest thing we can do just unite and love on each other and like, no barriers, no borders, like, we all need to just co-exist.”

- K. Perry

Canucko29
legend
Total Posts: 13342
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-20-17 11:20 AM - Post#1691181    

In response to PuckRogue

• PuckRogue Said:
I have a bevy of friends who are calling this a "sad day". While I'm hardly confident, that's just Americans being oblivious to how good they have it, as usual.

A "sad day" would be starting a war or crashing the markets or something like that. This, itself, is not a "sad day" for anyone except HRC.

-PR

The only thing sad about today is all of the shithead kids raised by brainwashed liberal parents who are rioting and destroying public property, assaulting people and trying to block veterans from attending the inauguration.

ChiBoyinLA
all star
Total Posts: 1393
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-20-17 12:03 PM - Post#1691183    

• NIGERIAN NIGHTMARE Said:

If we cannot become unified these next 4 years, it will never happen. He must heal, unite, and fix all at the same time.

I simply cannot comprehend how Trump thinks that he is going to unite the nation by bullying, attacking and calling people names literally every single day. Or why people who voted for him think that will bring the country together. His rhetoric on this issue is completely opposite to his actions and the way that he has conducted his entire life.
"It's what you learn after you know it all that counts." -- John Wooden

Edited by ChiBoyinLA on 01-20-17 12:04 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Johnny_Upton
Total Posts: 28994
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-20-17 12:05 PM - Post#1691184    

In response to ChiBoyinLA

• ChiBoyinLA Said:

If we cannot become unified these next 4 years, it will never happen. He must heal, unite, and fix all at the same time.

I simply cannot comprehend how Trump thinks that he is going to unite the nation by bullying, attacking and calling people names literally every single day. Or why people who voted for him think that will bring the country together. His talk is completely opposite to his actions.

Agreed. If the last 8 years have taught us anything speaking down to/insulting/intimidating those that are politically opposed to you is not a recipe for success
Dis somanumbatching country was founded so that the liberties of common patriotic citizens like me could not be taken away by a bunch of fargin iceholes... like yourselves.

#Filthystrong

Johnny_Upton
Total Posts: 28994
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-20-17 12:15 PM - Post#1691185    

In response to Johnny_Upton

I will say This part of his speech was good. Whether or not it happens is another story (aka - Hope and Change)

Today’s ceremony, however, has very special meaning. Because today we are not merely transferring power from one Administration to another, or from one party to another – but we are transferring power from Washington, D.C. and giving it back to you, the American People.

For too long, a small group in our nation’s Capital has reaped the rewards of government while the people have borne the cost.

Washington flourished – but the people did not share in its wealth.

Politicians prospered – but the jobs left, and the factories closed.

The establishment protected itself, but not the citizens of our country.

Their victories have not been your victories; their triumphs have not been your triumphs; and while they celebrated in our nation’s Capital, there was little to celebrate for struggling families all across our land.

That all changes – starting right here, and right now, because this moment is your moment: it belongs to you.
It belongs to everyone gathered here today and everyone watching all across America.

This is your day. This is your celebration.

And this, the United States of America, is your country.

What truly matters is not which party controls our government, but whether our government is controlled by the people.
Dis somanumbatching country was founded so that the liberties of common patriotic citizens like me could not be taken away by a bunch of fargin iceholes... like yourselves.

#Filthystrong

Peatycap
Total Posts: 29930
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-20-17 12:26 PM - Post#1691186    

In response to Johnny_Upton

America First

foolish
superstar
Total Posts: 2950
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-20-17 12:35 PM - Post#1691188    

In response to Peatycap

I'll be giving shit to the Trump regime for the next 4 years at every opportunity where I think its warranted.

I sincerely hope there aren't very many opportunities and that the Donald kills it as POTUS.

Mustang27
all star
Total Posts: 1935
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-20-17 12:42 PM - Post#1691189    

In response to Canucko29

• Canucko29 Said:
  • PuckRogue Said:

-PR

The only thing sad about today is all of the shithead kids raised by brainwashed liberal parents who are rioting and destroying public property, assaulting people and trying to block veterans from attending the inauguration.

Exactly. Liberals are as hypocritical as they come.

I'd rather be right than politically correct

PuckRogue
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-20-17 12:50 PM - Post#1691191    

In response to Peatycap

From one of my kids' teachers...

"Parents,
We just wanted to make you aware that students were given the choice to watch the swearing in of the new US President today. We talked about how he may not have been who they wanted to win, but that it is a historical moment when a new president takes office and that we are one of the few nations that have a peaceful transition of power. It is Utah 5th grade core to study United States history and we felt it important for our students to have the choice to watch history being made.
Have a great weekend!"

Eight years ago, did they talk about "him maybe not being who they wanted to win"?

-PR

PuckRogue
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-20-17 01:06 PM - Post#1691193    

In response to foolish

• foolish Said:
I'll be giving shit to the Trump regime for the next 4 years at every opportunity where I think its warranted.

I sincerely hope there aren't very many opportunities and that the Donald kills it as POTUS.

Says the guy who's the least rabid lefty in a metropolitan area of about 2.5 million people.

This is going to be a painful, not-at-all-fun and divisive four years.

-PR

NYRfan
legend
Total Posts: 34211
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-20-17 01:22 PM - Post#1691194    

• ChiBoyinLA Said:

I simply cannot comprehend how Trump thinks that he is going to unite the nation by bullying, attacking and calling people names literally every single day. Or why people who voted for him think that will bring the country together. His rhetoric on this issue is completely opposite to his actions and the way that he has conducted his entire life.

I think you may be labeling what he does, just a tad bit inaccurately.

I think he's going to unite the country by responding regularly to lies, fake news stories, a monolithic fake media that has abandoned telling America the news or the truth.

I think he's going to unite the country by not letting people like Lewis, Cummings, Ellison....spew rotten insults and lies, then hide behind momma's skirt by crying "racist" to avoid a response.

Or muslims who do the same and hide behind the skirt of "Islamophobe".

Or people like Hillary and Warren and Brazile and Schultz who hide behind the skirt of "sexism".

I think America will be united and quite thrilled that this fake division, and special treatment for certain niche groups vs. 95% of America, is over.

It will take Trump and his team simply shutting them TFU every day, hour by hour, for 4 years. And rational Americans (most of us, all colors and cultures) will love it, and see the healing it creates.

PuckRogue
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-20-17 01:26 PM - Post#1691196    

In response to NYRfan

See, Chi? Trump's going to unite America by walking all over the millions of people that Steve disagrees with! Makes perfect sense...

-PR

NIGERIAN NIGHTMARE
hall of famer
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-20-17 01:33 PM - Post#1691198    

• ChiBoyinLA Said:

And that, my friend, is what I will have to wait and see. When Obama won, I was vocal against him, but, waited to see what he would do. Fellow Conservatives bashed me.. LOL I will now wait to see what he does. Will he unite, will he include democrats, will he be what he said he would be?

Or is he really a loud-mouthed idiot like he was in the election process.

We will have to wait and see.

He got off to a GREAT start today with his first speech..

PuckRogue
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-20-17 01:34 PM - Post#1691199    

Regardless - the left WILL NOT LET HIM be successful. They are going to nitpick every fucking thing and are going to poke at him from every possible angle.

-PR

PuckRogue
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-20-17 01:35 PM - Post#1691200    

In response to PuckRogue

We could be living in utopia in 3.5 years and they'll be complaining about his hair or how he called that ugly cunt Pelosi an ugly cunt.

-PR

NIGERIAN NIGHTMARE
hall of famer
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-20-17 01:36 PM - Post#1691201    

In response to NYRfan

• NYRfan Said:
  • ChiBoyinLA Said:

I think you may be labeling what he does, just a tad bit inaccurately.

I think he's going to unite the country by responding regularly to lies, fake news stories, a monolithic fake media that has abandoned telling America the news or the truth.

I think he's going to unite the country by not letting people like Lewis, Cummings, Ellison....spew rotten insults and lies, then hide behind momma's skirt by crying "racist" to avoid a response.

Or muslims who do the same and hide behind the skirt of "Islamophobe".

Or people like Hillary and Warren and Brazile and Schultz who hide behind the skirt of "sexism".

I think America will be united and quite thrilled that this fake division, and special treatment for certain niche groups vs. 95% of America, is over.

It will take Trump and his team simply shutting them TFU every day, hour by hour, for 4 years. And rational Americans (most of us, all colors and cultures) will love it, and see the healing it creates.

NYR-- this is our time bro- We won. Relax, go to Maui, have a cigar, drink a beer.. RELAX man.. Relax and enjoy,, and maybe just maybe, LISTEN...

NIGERIAN NIGHTMARE
hall of famer
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-20-17 01:36 PM - Post#1691202    

In response to PuckRogue

• PuckRogue Said:
Regardless - the left WILL NOT LET HIM be successful. They are going to nitpick every fucking thing and are going to poke at him from every possible angle.

-PR

In all fairness, what chance or respect did we ever give Obama???

Page 1 of 53 1234>» Last
Icon Legend Permissions & Sharing Options Topic Options
Print Topic

Follow
84 Online Now
0 viewable users and 0 hidden plus 84 guests are online now.
Ad
Recent Topics
FusionBB™ Version 3.2 | ©2003-2017 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.344 seconds.   Total Queries: 346   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT-5). Current time is 10:43 PM