hockey-fights.com
Username Post: Twisted Media Twisting...        (Topic#548851)
PuckRogue
Total Posts: 36136
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
03-15-17 05:20 PM - Post#1695811    

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/ice-age nts-make-a...

Everyone understands now that ICE agents are only going after people with criminal records, right?

No, not with the way the media is portraying it, as shown here.

As an example - the "woman who was arrested while filing a restraining order" is actually a transgendered man-to-woman who was arrested and deported for stealing mail in 2015.

This kind of shit is getting out of hand...

-PR

foolish
all star
Total Posts: 2333
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
03-16-17 11:27 AM - Post#1695847    

In response to PuckRogue

Ya, I'm not going to get upset at someone being picked up under those conditions.

This is the media post-2000. Make the splashy headline, don't worry about the details.

I've bitched at the rightwing media for this shit a ton of times (the sweden stuff, ACA horror stories), but fair is fair. The media needs to be held accountable for this bullshit. Freedom of the Press shouldn't include the privilege of yelling"fire!" in a crowded theatre.

PuckRogue
Total Posts: 36136
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
03-16-17 02:02 PM - Post#1695853    

In response to foolish

It's out of control. I am almost ready to start a website that counters these stories and does some actual research.

Every questionable anti-Trump story I've taken the time to research has some major bullshit included.

-PR

Kanrok
legend
Total Posts: 20086
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
03-16-17 02:59 PM - Post#1695864    

In response to PuckRogue

Try Snopes.

Oh, wait.

Never mind.
If you believe what you like in the Gospels, and reject what you don't like, it is not the Gospel you believe, but yourself. - St. Augustine

foolish
all star
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
03-16-17 03:12 PM - Post#1695866    

In response to Kanrok

Snopes is still a good bit better than anyone else in terms of the research...IMO.

I've seen a few issues that righties or christians (but I repeat myself) point to as "A-HA!" moments on snopes and its pretty debatable... seems more like a difference of opinions where snopes should have said something softer than "False".

My favorite anti-trump story I've read - and this one really made me take a hard look inward and re-evaluate how I view the media - was one of the first EOs related to the wall street regulation. I don't remember which it was, but the text of the EO said that there would be a review and 90 days from then a report. The article boldly stated that the EO made it legal for gas companies to hide payoffs to foreign governments..... wtf? We may get there, but the EO did no such thing!

Edited by foolish on 03-16-17 03:13 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

NYRfan
legend
Total Posts: 34178
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
03-17-17 05:11 PM - Post#1695951    

In response to foolish

haha, I like it when you are forced to admit to a 100% lie about something....but you still must say "but it will probably come true".

You have your demons, that's for sure.

foolish
all star
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
03-20-17 06:53 PM - Post#1696090    

In response to NYRfan

I said no such thing, read it again.

NYRfan
legend
Total Posts: 34178
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
03-20-17 06:59 PM - Post#1696092    

In response to foolish

uh, yeah, you did -

"We may get there, but the EO did no such thing!"

You find the worst possible lie and concept, and still suggest that we may get there. Couldn't just be the worst possible lie / concept any of us have ever heard of.

Badlands92
legend
Total Posts: 13488
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
03-20-17 07:50 PM - Post#1696098    

In response to NYRfan

The disgustingly-biased Washington Post had to do a headline-switcheroo last week when they realized they blew up the myth that "illegal aliens can't get on government assistance, silly racists".

http://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2017/03/1 6/washingt...

Keep in mind that both headlines simply read "immigrants", not "illegal immigrants" and the article admits all its hysteria of immigrant children dying of starvation along our tree-lit, cobblestone streets is based on anecdotal information.
The man who passes the sentence should swing the sword.

Icon Legend Permissions & Sharing Options Topic Options
Print Topic

Follow
33 Online Now
0 viewable users and 0 hidden plus 33 guests are online now.
Hot Topic
Most recent hot topic is "Are black people COMPLETELY off limits to any criticism?" with 35 replies.
Ad
Recent Topics
FusionBB™ Version 3.2 | ©2003-2017 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.188 seconds.   Total Queries: 176   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT-5). Current time is 05:46 AM