hockey-fights.com
 Page 1 of 3 All123
Username Post: ACA Repeal        (Topic#549055)
foolish
superstar
Total Posts: 2693
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
05-04-17 04:05 PM - Post#1698821    

Well you folks FINALLY got your wish! And with even less chance to review it than there was for the ACA (no one was upset about "we need to pass the bill to see whats in the bill", right?).

Anyway, congrats. Seriously. I hope it works out.

Now here is what pisses me off - the fucking dems singing that fucking "Nah Nah Nah Goodbye" song!?!?!? I get it that they now think this bill will be an epic failure and lead to the Democrats winning big in 2018.... but think about it, if they believe that then they believe that the bill is the disaster its being portrayed as in the media. And in order to capitalize on that disaster, there needs to be fallout- i.e. they are cheering for the death of a bunch of Americans. That is horseshit

I firmly believe this is not a step up and there will be more folks falling though the cracks as a result. I'm hoping the GOP members who voted for it firmly believe this isn't the case. But the democrats - who think this is bad and cheered for it? ....ah man.

Kanrok
legend
Total Posts: 20538
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
05-04-17 04:49 PM - Post#1698826    

In response to foolish

I see the usual suspects on my FB feed are accessing all the talking points for their side.

I wonder if any of them read the bill?

I didn't, so I don't feel I can provide an opinion.

If it included de-funding PP, I am happy with that.

Not sure what the rest of it says.
“The greatest thing we can do just unite and love on each other and like, no barriers, no borders, like, we all need to just co-exist.”

- K. Perry

Canucko29
legend
Total Posts: 13214
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
05-04-17 04:53 PM - Post#1698827    

In response to Kanrok

We really need to see what's in it.

foolish
superstar
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
05-04-17 05:09 PM - Post#1698829    

In response to Kanrok

• Kanrok Said:
I see the usual suspects on my FB feed are accessing all the talking points for their side.

I spent 1 mins googling for it a few hours ago and couldn't fin the actual text. I know the CBO wasn't given the bill to evaluate before the vote, so I don't think its likely that its available yet.

KR - are you a "one issue voter" at this point?

foolish
superstar
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
05-04-17 05:11 PM - Post#1698830    

In response to Canucko29

• Canucko29 Said:

According to HuffPo it includes mandates to euthanize all women and anyone who has been out of work for more than 6 days unless they vote Republican.

Fox News is stating that the bill eradicates cancer and makes it possible to all males in America to become multi-orgasmic.

Johnny_Upton
Total Posts: 28805
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
05-04-17 05:16 PM - Post#1698831    

In response to foolish

• foolish Said:
  • Canucko29 Said:

According to HuffPo it includes mandates to euthanize all women and anyone who has been out of work for more than 6 days unless they vote Republican.

Fox News is stating that the bill eradicates cancer and makes it possible to all males in America to become multi-orgasmic.

But can I keep my doctor?
Dis somanumbatching country was founded so that the liberties of common patriotic citizens like me could not be taken away by a bunch of fargin iceholes... like yourselves.

#Filthystrong

foolish
superstar
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
05-04-17 05:22 PM - Post#1698833    

In response to Johnny_Upton

• Johnny_Upton Said:
  • foolish Said:
  • Canucko29 Said:

But can I keep my doctor?

Think I'd be more concerned about keeping up with the payments for my insurance!

Johnny_Upton
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
05-04-17 05:24 PM - Post#1698834    

In response to foolish

Who's to blame for insurance companies leaving the market and cost escalating?

I thought that the cost curve was going to bend?
Dis somanumbatching country was founded so that the liberties of common patriotic citizens like me could not be taken away by a bunch of fargin iceholes... like yourselves.

#Filthystrong

ChiBoyinLA
all star
Total Posts: 1377
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
05-04-17 05:29 PM - Post#1698835    

(1) I very strongly suspect that the bill that comes out of the Senate will look a lot different than what the House just passed. At this point, we're all still guessing what will become the law.

(2) Approximately 53% of Americans get their health insurance through employer-sponsored plans (including me). I see nothing in this bill -- Zero -- that leads me to believe that the coverage I sign up for next Open Enrollment period will be "better" or less expensive.

I'd bet any one of you guys $20 bucks that our premiums still will go up. Private health insurers have no incentive to lower their prices. None. Start allowing insurers to start selling policies across state lines, and that MIGHT create a little more price competition in certain markets. Maybe.
"It's what you learn after you know it all that counts." -- John Wooden

Edited by ChiBoyinLA on 05-04-17 05:30 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Kanrok
legend
Total Posts: 20538
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
05-04-17 05:32 PM - Post#1698836    

In response to foolish

• foolish Said:
  • Kanrok Said:

I spent 1 mins googling for it a few hours ago and couldn't fin the actual text. I know the CBO wasn't given the bill to evaluate before the vote, so I don't think its likely that its available yet.

KR - are you a "one issue voter" at this point?

I think that killing babies in the womb is an important issue, but I didn't vote for either of the two alternatives for president.
“The greatest thing we can do just unite and love on each other and like, no barriers, no borders, like, we all need to just co-exist.”

- K. Perry

foolish
superstar
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
05-04-17 05:34 PM - Post#1698838    

• Johnny_Upton Said:
Who's to blame for insurance companies leaving the market and cost escalating?

I thought that the cost curve was going to bend?

I was trying to be clever and failed.

That said, the insurers were leaving cuz it wasn't profitable in some markets. To think that a new law (any new law) is somehow going to make insurers able to make profits while also lowering/controlling premium prices seems dubious.... unless we allow the insurers to sell policies that cover nothing or are only catastrophic (which I'm all for).

Chiboy makes some solid points.

Johnny_Upton
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
05-04-17 06:08 PM - Post#1698840    

In response to foolish

At this point anything slowing the rate of increase would be a win.

This isn't an easy issue that there's an answer just sitting there. What gets my goat is what and how Obamacare was sold. It was completely dishonest and the number of mouth breathers that took his word as gospel is scary

#Filthystrong

foolish
superstar
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
05-04-17 06:22 PM - Post#1698842    

Can't really disagree. In my mind thes initial ACA plan was sound but the execution was uneven (botched really) - those states that chose to not take the free fed money really helped blow the thing up as a whole and the contracts for the exchanges..wtf? - but I can see it from your perspective as well.

I guess it doesn't matter anymore as this is the new normal - or at least whatever form it takes when it gets out of the senate will be the new normal....

PuckRogue
Total Posts: 36523
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
05-05-17 10:19 AM - Post#1698861    

In response to foolish

I'm mystified, as usual, that most Americans don't understand that the ACA was a failure. Regardless of who took over, this thing needed a massive overhaul or a massive influx of cash (like, YUGE tax increases). People are nitpicking some of the "everyone gets free shit!" that will be going away in an effort to make something that's actually sustainable.

-PR

foolish
superstar
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
05-05-17 11:48 AM - Post#1698864    

In response to PuckRogue

I'd debate you on the term "failure".... to some degree, but its pointless as we know we will all never agree on it (I'd give it a D+ if it were a student and I was a teacher).

My biggest curiosity was the fact that premiums were rising while insurance companies were getting out due to no profits..... how we are going to devise a new program, that incentivizes the insurance companies while reducing/maintaining premium levels, seems very very unlikely. I mean birth control isn't so expensive as to have upset the hole economic model.... I'm betting that the pre-existing conditions piece is going to leave millions without care and we will end up with 200-billion dollar bandaid in a couple years to try to salvage this plan.

I've been reading about how rape, past drug use (cigs?), high cholesterol (which is dirt cheap to treat) and postpartum depression can now be considered "pre-existing conditions".... I can't really believe that, but if that becomes true..... those with less are going to be those with non in a hurry.

phantomenforcer
superstar
Total Posts: 3443
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
05-05-17 12:18 PM - Post#1698866    

In response to foolish

Everyone can just do what a large portion of my patients do. Call an ambulance, use the ER as their primary care and laugh and laugh when bills come in because there is no intent of ever paying them

Johnny_Upton
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
05-05-17 12:18 PM - Post#1698867    

In response to foolish

I've been reading that as well. Sounds like if it's true it's a suicide pact

Though most are from far far left sites

#Filthystrong

foolish
superstar
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
05-05-17 12:56 PM - Post#1698868    

• Johnny_Upton Said:

Though most are from far far left sites

Hence my not giving it much credence... also, the senate will change this considerably I'm sure. Congress had the luxury of voting before the CBO releases analysis.

PuckRogue
Total Posts: 36523
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
05-05-17 10:51 PM - Post#1698875    

In response to foolish

Failure = unsustainable.

It wasn't going to be the same in 1-2 years without massive changes.

-PR

Canucko29
legend
Total Posts: 13214
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
05-06-17 12:21 AM - Post#1698876    

In response to PuckRogue

Objectively, there can be no debate that Obamacare is unsustainable. My suspicions though has always been the same. Obama passed it not to succeed, but to lead to Universal Health Care.

I suspect it will succeed in that end. How that will work out for such a large diverse country with already a massive unshakeable bureaucracy is the question.

The next step will then be free college and university for all.

Page 1 of 3 All123
Icon Legend Permissions & Sharing Options Topic Options
Print Topic

Follow
82 Online Now
1 viewable users and 0 hidden plus 81 guests are online now.
Hot Topic
Most recent hot topic is "GA-06 Special Election" with 20 replies.
Ad
Recent Topics
FusionBB™ Version 3.2 | ©2003-2017 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.313 seconds.   Total Queries: 343   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT-5). Current time is 08:52 PM