hockey-fights.com
Username Post: Latest news on Parros        (Topic#535688)
mtnbiker
hall of famer
Total Posts: 7237
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
04-02-12 08:50 PM - Post#1422535    

Over the weekend, the Orang County Register had an article on Parros and his potentially last home game as a Duck. Granted he had several eye injuries that limited his ability to do his job, but I'd like to think that he still has a place on an NHL team - hopefully with the Ducks.

http://www.ocregister.com/sports/parros-347214-season-gam e.html
"This ends tonight!"
"It's daytime you douche."

cronin44
all star
Total Posts: 2312
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
04-02-12 09:23 PM - Post#1422544    

In response to mtnbiker

He deserves better than the perma-scratch treatment from Boudreau. Especially when it was clear the team wasn't going to make the playoffs. Hope he re-signs with the Ducks, but I wouldn't blame him if he took his game elsewhere.
Rock over London...Rock on Chicago!

mtnbiker
hall of famer
Total Posts: 7237
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
04-02-12 09:32 PM - Post#1422545    

In response to cronin44

I don't know if I was being an optimistic homer for the Ducks, but I was expecting more out of BB. Boudreau seemed to vacillate between fiddling with the lines to see what worked, and sticking with the best skaters hoping for a better chance at winning a game. Unfortunately, neither worked and Parros was left in the lurch. I think Parros still has another year or two of fighting left in him and the article mentioned that he was clearly disappointed that he wasn't dressed to help his team. If not with the Ducks, I would like to see a team pick him up if the Ducks don't re-sign him.
"This ends tonight!"
"It's daytime you douche."

PuckRogue
Total Posts: 31614
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
04-02-12 10:40 PM - Post#1422562    

In response to mtnbiker

BB is a dumb cunt. Parros should be playing in the NHL, no doubt. Hopefully he signs on with a team without a donut devouring douchebag for a coach.

The Kings would certainly welcome him back!

-PR
Bee-dee Bee-dee Bee-dee

licoricebiscuit
superstar
Total Posts: 3068
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
04-02-12 11:07 PM - Post#1422569    

In response to PuckRogue

• PuckRogue Said:
BB is a dumb cunt. Parros should be playing in the NHL, no doubt. Hopefully he signs on with a team without a donut devouring douchebag for a coach.

-PR

That would be an awesome homecoming, well at least for me and a bunch of Kings fans I know.
Potius Mori Quam Foedari

Badlands92
legend
Total Posts: 12364
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
04-03-12 08:55 AM - Post#1422618    

In response to PuckRogue

• PuckRogue Said:

-PR

Well said. I had to shut my yap when BB was playing him, but Pumpkinhead's true colors showed through these last few weeks. Eff BB.

I hope Parros catches on in the East and if somehow Shelley sees another season in Philly, they can have a few more rounds (wishful thinking).
I expect to play every day. That's our job. You go out there every day and contribute in some way.

- Jason Kendall, May 5, 2010

juha82
hall of famer
Total Posts: 9578
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
04-03-12 10:50 AM - Post#1422657    

In response to Badlands92

Parros was good player for Ducks but Getzlaf was big disappoinment and Perry and Ryan werent very good ones IMO.
Selänne, Parros, Vishnovsky and Koivu were most important players for Ducks in this season.

442nd
superstar
Total Posts: 4821
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
04-03-12 11:13 AM - Post#1422679    

In response to mtnbiker

• mtnbiker Said:
Over the weekend, the Orang County Register had an article on Parros and his potentially last home game as a Duck. Granted he had several eye injuries that limited his ability to do his job, but I'd like to think that he still has a place on an NHL team - hopefully with the Ducks.

http://www.ocregister.com/sports/parros-347214-season-gam e.html

Wasn't it 09-10 he came back from a devastating right hand injury, similar to Kocur? I remember he was really hesitant to throw rights and only used his left in the beginning of the season until he felt comfortable to use the right.
I leave the site now, RIGHT NOW.
I will not take a contact to you, if someone of u send a Email to me= hunting my headskin as i will take a call on police and send a United States Cops

DoubleJ
legend
Total Posts: 12290
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
04-03-12 11:28 AM - Post#1422686    

In response to 442nd

Since he's from North Jersey, I wonder if he ever wants to play for the Devils? I would be beyond psyched, and ordering his jersey the day after he signs. Jannsen is on a 1 year deal, but Boulton's signed for 2 years.
Devils John Madden being interviewed:
Interviewer- How does it feel to cover Gomez?
Madden- I don't know. I don't cover 3rd line centers.

442nd
superstar
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
04-03-12 12:20 PM - Post#1422703    

In response to DoubleJ

I think it would be more like if the Devils want him playing for them. Not the other way around. I doubt he'll have a pick of the litter.
I will not take a contact to you, if someone of u send a Email to me= hunting my headskin as i will take a call on police and send a United States Cops

PuckRogue
Total Posts: 31614
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
04-03-12 12:26 PM - Post#1422706    

In response to 442nd

You don't think? He's a heavy that can play. There are teams that still put value on that position (enforcer).

I bet Burke would scoop him up in a minute.

-PR
Bee-dee Bee-dee Bee-dee

Pitbull 28
captain
Total Posts: 831
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
04-03-12 12:48 PM - Post#1422727    

In response to PuckRogue

• PuckRogue Said:
You don't think? He's a heavy that can play. There are teams that still put value on that position (enforcer).

-PR

It would not suprise me to see the Leafs pick him up. Parros would be a perfect fit with Burke and Carlyle again.

Orr looks like he is staying in the AHL and Rosehill is a UFA at the end of the year.

442nd
superstar
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
04-03-12 02:01 PM - Post#1422834    

In response to PuckRogue

• PuckRogue Said:

-PR

I don't see any teams really seeing much value. In terms of "scooping" him up. If anything, IMO I don't even think he gets offered a deal in the AHL.

Boulton won't play next year with the Devils. McGrattan is finished. Jody Shelley is finished. Who's really left? Everybody else is gone. Teams aren't looking for heavies who can skate at all. They want a fourth line with a guys who can play all facets of the game......and still fight. Those days are far behind GP.

Blues 34
superstar
Total Posts: 2621
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
04-03-12 10:24 PM - Post#1423219    

In response to 442nd

I would think Burke would take a look in Toronto if he keeps his job
Take the shortest route to the puck and arive there in Ill Humor

Kordic
superstar
Total Posts: 2977
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
04-04-12 03:43 AM - Post#1423250    

In response to Blues 34

I think the writing is on the wall. There are almost no heavyweights left, at least none that dress on a regular basis. Carkner has been scratched a lot even though he´s a defenseman and versatile, but there´s been nobody for him to fight. Parros scratched a lot, when was the last time McGrattan played? Shelley plays sparingly, Orr in the minors. Next year it looks like Rupp and Thornton are the toughest guys left in the league.

I like Parros and think he can play, but why would Burke sign him? He has Orr in the minors if he truly wants a true enforcer on his team. I do believe Parros will find a team for next year and get spot duty. Carkner, Rosehill, Janssen amongst others are UFA´s. WIll any of them sign? Perhaps Carkner, since he´s a defenseman. Would love it if my Flyers sign him as a 7th defenseman and give him #29!
My job description? If there's a problem on the ice, I just go out and fix it. - Dave Brown

juha82
hall of famer
Total Posts: 9578
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
04-04-12 04:03 AM - Post#1423251    

In response to Kordic

Pens enforcer Deryk Engelland have played a strong season.

Kordic
superstar
Total Posts: 2977
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
04-04-12 05:43 AM - Post#1423255    

In response to juha82

Engelland has fought less than before, but he can play defense and is a good fit. He´s also dirty and John Scott even made him pay for it.
My job description? If there's a problem on the ice, I just go out and fix it. - Dave Brown

Tim-
legend
Total Posts: 15087
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
04-04-12 11:29 AM - Post#1423418    

In response to Kordic

I really hope Janssen comes to the Caps.

Kordic, McGrattan has been on IR for a while, no?

No way does Parros only get spot duty next year - unless he wants it by playing for a better team. I'd love to see him in Pittsburgh, playing right next to home, for a team that has shown it's love for tougher hockey in today's game.
"It is not our fault that the world is bad, and we do not want to die changing it. We want to live- that is all."

-Tadeusz Borowski

rancidis
legend
Total Posts: 10007
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
04-06-12 09:48 PM - Post#1424918    

In response to Tim-

will be happy to see parros on hnic every saturday night next season with the leafs...
favorite fighter: jay rosehill
www.dailycombat.com

FIGHTfan0506
captain
Total Posts: 856
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
04-06-12 09:51 PM - Post#1424921    

In response to rancidis

• rancidis Said:
will be happy to see parros on hnic every saturday night next season with the leafs...

Wow, what a way to kick Colton Orrs ass and then take his job. Colt better watch his girlfriend/wife because Parros has it out for him. LOL.

Icon Legend Permissions & Sharing Options Topic Options
Print Topic

Follow
48 Online Now
4 viewable users and 1 hidden plus 43 guests are online now.
Hot Topic
Most recent hot topic is "New York Islanders @ Buffalo Sabres 4/13/14 Johnson vs Scott" with 80 replies.
Ad
Recent Topics
FusionBB™ Version 3.2 | ©2003-2014 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.518 seconds.   Total Queries: 350   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT-5). Current time is 08:18 AM