hockey-fights.com
Username Post: Chicago vs San Jose 2/10/12        (Topic#534855)
54rockin
rookie
Total Posts: 45
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
02-11-12 12:03 PM - Post#1400815    

Surprised no one posted yet, we had a decently chippy game between Hawks and Sharks last night.

Mayers vs Clowe
After big Joe and Toews have a shoving and staring match, Clowe in enforcer mode, injects himself in the middle and gives a nice bump to Toews in the process, causing a nice scrum and a lot of Hawks pissed at Clowe. A few shifts later Mayers (these guys were buddies last year) settles it with Clowe. Not much of a fight, Mayers delivered some left handed noogie punches with nothing on them because Clowe had a good hold of his arm. Mayers had a good hold of Clowes right, had him locked out pretty good as well. Ryan slowly works the right free thows one that misses, starts to go for Mayers helmet and Mayers falls with Clowe on top. Draw - nothing fight, but nice they went. Clowe is coming of a facial fracture (from a puck), so it was surprising to see him go. Mayers is great, love that guy.

Bickell vs McGinn
This was good - both guys throwing big rights. Credit McGinn for taking on a bigger guy who roughed up a teamate (Vlasic). McGinn on the offensive early hard to see what landed, but then it looks like Bickell lands a nice right that slowed McGinn down a bit. McGinn collects himself and eventually delivers a big right on the melon of Bickell. Bickell doesn't want to go much after that, linesman in. Tough call on this one, I'd call it a draw. McGinn had a sweet goal later, great game for the Irishman.

On a side note...the AHL Sharks (Cleveland for a while, now Worcester) seems to produce guys that although they may not have fought a lot in the AHL, they come up with decent fighting skills and no hesitation to drop the gloves. Clowe is of course the classic example, but even Staubitz wasn't like a big enforcer in Cleveland, just a middle of the pack guy that has developed nicely. This year it's McGinn and Desjardins - who both haven't hesitated to mix it up and looked quite capable. Another guy is Derek Joslin over in Carolina, a former Sharks prospect who has looked decent in a few scraps this year. I realize 2 fights each doesn't prove much, but the willingness to engage and then actually throw is nice to see. Worcester is leading the AHL in FMs by a wide margin.

Liking the Sharks overall toughness when we dress Vandemeer, Clowe, Winchester and Murray, knowing guys like McGinn and Desjardins, will step up as well. And if Colin White is officially out of retirement...

Spike
legend
Total Posts: 10621
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
02-11-12 02:26 PM - Post#1400846    

In response to 54rockin

Is there any video for this? I missed the McGinn tilt. He scored a little bit after and got 1st star.
I see orange people.

haymaker36
Total Posts: 13766
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
02-11-12 04:04 PM - Post#1400873    

In response to Spike

The McGinn fight really turned things around for the Sharks. They took over and scored twice after that.
"I may be an emotional cripple but am becoming a strong, burly fucking hunk of a man."

-Crowder

haymaker36
Total Posts: 13766
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
02-11-12 04:05 PM - Post#1400874    

In response to Spike

• Spike Said:
Is there any video for this? I missed the McGinn tilt. He scored a little bit after and got 1st star.

You should try www.hockey-fights.com. I hear they post a lot of videos on their main page!
"I may be an emotional cripple but am becoming a strong, burly fucking hunk of a man."

-Crowder

Drunk_24-7
legend
Total Posts: 16567
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
02-11-12 07:16 PM - Post#1400909    

In response to haymaker36

Mayers and Clowe was terrible. Mayers throws a bunch of jabby type, flick of the elbow style lefts with nothing behind them. Clowe works through the attmepted lockout to the inside and throws his first punch and Mayers bails the fuck out. Pityful. Win Clowe by Jamal's disgraceful bailout/falldown.

McGinn and Bickell was a beauty. They went at it pretty good for a long while each landing several decent punches a piece. Straight up Draw in a fight that one may not expect much from but would have walked away pleasently surprised as they each gave 110% on that one and it was pretty damn good.
"To be honest, even though he lost, Hendricks did a better job of enforcing than most heavyweight enforcers do." - Peatycap

Not only is the NHL totally fucked it's fans are out to lunch now as well

johnz
legend
Total Posts: 13620
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
02-11-12 09:49 PM - Post#1400960    

In response to Drunk_24-7

Bickell could have ended him, and decided not to, at the end. Mr. Ciccone would have put him in the stands.
"Pitching is really just an internal struggle between pitcher and his stuff. If my curve ball is breaking and I'm throwing it where I want, the batter is irrelevant." - Steve Stone

Spike
legend
Total Posts: 10621
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
02-11-12 11:40 PM - Post#1400983    

In response to haymaker36

• haymaker36 Said:
  • Spike Said:

You should try www.hockey-fights.com. I hear they post a lot of videos on their main page!

I see orange people.

HenryHanson
superstar
Total Posts: 2710
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
02-12-12 12:11 AM - Post#1400988    

In response to Spike

54, I like the Sharks role players they are tough bunch which can score. They got some solid D and a proven goalie. I like them to win it all this year. We'll see how they do on their "Tennis trip." Actually I like Melrose's prediction of Chicago winning it all. Something tells me it is the Shark's year.

Bickell v McGinn-draw as both looked to land some good rights.

Mayers v Clowe-draw Jamal getting some jersey jabs and Ryan getting the take down.

THey are missing Soupy it seems.

juha82
hall of famer
Total Posts: 9578
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
02-12-12 01:27 AM - Post#1400999    

In response to HenryHanson

Mayers tryed to throw few but his attempts falled shortly, not even landed on his victim but at the same time Clowe tryed to get loose his right-hand and got in one good face-shot and he continued his right hand to get loose but Mayers got his hand quite well tied up but Clowe three about 4-5 decent rights more, one landed or two but nothing good landed.
Closer to draw than clear win Clowe but i think Clowe EDGED out Mayers who looked more sissy here against Clowe, who at least tryed to makes it a god fight.

Bickell vs McQinn looked about very good technically bout where both had own moments, they had few flurries during this bout, punches were flying while they played the defense at the same time, easy to love the battles like this IMO.
DRAW all the way, no one was in clear control here because when other guy was taking over so next other guy took over and the changes moved on during fight.

Icon Legend Permissions & Sharing Options Topic Options
Print Topic

Follow
43 Online Now
3 viewable users and 0 hidden plus 40 guests are online now.
Hot Topic
Most recent hot topic is "James Garner passes away" with 16 replies.
Ad
Recent Topics
FusionBB™ Version 3.2 | ©2003-2014 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.16 seconds.   Total Queries: 185   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT-5). Current time is 06:20 PM