hockey-fights.com
Username Post: Ducks vs Oilers 4/5/12        (Topic#535750)
ILB
superstar
Total Posts: 3862
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       

04-05-12 10:05 PM - Post#1424371    

George Parros vs Darcy Hordichuk

Shift before they were out on the ice together, Hordichuk had smoked Vishnovsky and Parros smoked him with a gloved punch and then dropped the gloves. Served 2 mins for roughing. Next shift they are out together they line up off the draw and set up the fight. They dropped the gloves and had a nice fair square off, and did a little shadow boxing before coming together. Once in tight Hordichuk fakes a right and tries to go left. Parros threw a big right uppercut that may have landed and than Hordichuk throws a big left that lands hard while Parros throws and lands a right uppercut at the same time. Parros than throws two more hard rights, one which looked to land and Hordichuk takes them and lands a BIG right flush that almost put Parros down. Definitely dazed him. Parros stays up though and throws a right that misses and Hordichuk throws another right that comes up short and Hordichuk loses his balance and they go to the ice. Boys were throwing hard in this one, I'd say win Hordichuk on first viewing. Need to see the replay though. Good fight.
"The Hand is fine, I got a shot of chromosome yesterday."

John Kordic on the status of his hand.

licoricebiscuit
superstar
Total Posts: 3142
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
04-05-12 10:10 PM - Post#1424373    

In response to ILB

I figured that was coming I watched their exchange before the roughing penalty that Parros took and figured they'd go soon, but I switched to the Kings game
Potius Mori Quam Foedari

mtnbiker
hall of famer
Total Posts: 7307
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
04-05-12 10:11 PM - Post#1424374    

In response to ILB

Parros-Hordichuk

After an earlier "almost", they line up for a puck drop with Parros all ready with his arms down staring at Hordichuk. They have a quick square off and get right to business. Parros throws a big uppercut right followed by another right with both landing and then Hordichuk uncorks a bomb that catches Parros. Unbelieveably, Parros stays on his feet and they keep going with Parros looking to throw more. Refs come in.

That fight was very fast and almost everything seemed to land. Nice brief tangle.

Draw

And Parros almost went again with Hordichuk as I type this..
"This ends tonight!"
"It's daytime you douche."

mtnbiker
hall of famer
Total Posts: 7307
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
04-05-12 10:12 PM - Post#1424376    

In response to licoricebiscuit

Mods: please merge fights threads.
Thanks.
"This ends tonight!"
"It's daytime you douche."

Brawls16
legend
Total Posts: 11759
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
04-06-12 02:21 AM - Post#1424430    

In response to mtnbiker

For fights that last only 10 seconds, that was a beauty!

George lands a wicked uppercut but Dacry comes right back with a huge overhand right of his own and stunns Big George! wow! Nice, quick exchange there!

Solid draw I think!

Enjoy that fight boys. Two teams with their season at it's end and nothing to fight for, yet the two popular vets find themselves in the lineup in the last games of the season and make sure to meet up one last time! Good for you guys, end strong!
#1 - Brian McGrattan (Champ)
#2 - Jay Rosehill
#3 - Luke Gazdic

Fighter of the Year - McGrattan
Rookie of the Year - Gazdic
Fight of the Year - Lucic vs Rechlicz

Brawls16
legend
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
04-06-12 02:48 AM - Post#1424431    

In response to Brawls16

This BTW was Round15 in their NHL careers. (2 Pre-season games uncluded)......Did Domi, Probert, Grimson or Ray have any 13 to 15 round series in their day? Which is the longest series of all-time?

The best part about this Hordichuk vs Parros series, who are two bigtime and longtime rivals and who are two of the most longterm and prominant enforcers of their time during a fledgling time for fighters in the NHL, is the series is pretty much tied up at 5-5-5 a piece!

Both are beauties!

But there's many questions ahead now for both guys as the offseason begins and their NHL careers may or may not be coming to an end....

I hope we see both guys again, I think they can still play at their level next year. But if not, what a way to go out, get that one last fight in when you know you can!

Love'em both, we need vets of yesterday like these two to make sure the NHL doesn't lose it completely...!
#2 - Jay Rosehill
#3 - Luke Gazdic

BillyH
captain
Total Posts: 997
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
04-06-12 08:59 AM - Post#1424506    

In response to Brawls16

Some bombs thrown in that one.

Man I hope both guys are in the league next year.

COCHRANE29
superstar
Total Posts: 4985
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
04-06-12 10:19 AM - Post#1424532    

In response to BillyH

Both guys throwing like they mean it with serious intentions.....i tip my hat to Hordy here for getting in the pocket & going for that name plate grab despite taking a few while landing a few bombs of his own.....very nice bout.

W Parros
C29

"Truth is Treason in the empire of lies" - Ron Paul

Brawls16
legend
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
04-06-12 03:39 PM - Post#1424752    

In response to COCHRANE29

It's kind of sickening, this being a fight site and all and with there being such a lack of real fighters in the league these days, Hordichuk and Parros give us one last memorable fight to remember on the year, yet only 6 FC posters manage to find this thread.

Two great vets in a league that seems to not have any more room for them, yet they meet up at years end and throw at eachother as hard as they can in a spirated bout, yet most of the traffic on this site is found in the politics, misc and other random crap threads.

What happend to this site? Where's all the fight lovers?
#2 - Jay Rosehill
#3 - Luke Gazdic

Posux
Senior Vet
Total Posts: 29216
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
04-06-12 03:42 PM - Post#1424754    

In response to COCHRANE29

Hordi with the best punch of the fight. Draw. Hordi's a good example of hard work and determination. He's been in the league for a long time and he fights all-out.

PuckRogue
Total Posts: 31642
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
04-06-12 04:05 PM - Post#1424756    

In response to Posux

Hordichuk landed a nice shot.
Parros came back and knocked him off balance.
Solid draw.

-PR
Bee-dee Bee-dee Bee-dee

Drunk_24-7
legend
Total Posts: 16567
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
04-07-12 01:40 AM - Post#1425005    

In response to PuckRogue

That was a Beauty. Short and Sweet with both guys tagging one another with a couple of significant punches a piece. Hordi looked to slip at the end there rather than get knocked down so I'd score it a straight up draw.
"To be honest, even though he lost, Hendricks did a better job of enforcing than most heavyweight enforcers do." - Peatycap

Not only is the NHL totally fucked it's fans are out to lunch now as well

Icon Legend Permissions & Sharing Options Topic Options
Print Topic

Follow
34 Online Now
4 viewable users and 1 hidden plus 29 guests are online now.
Hot Topic
Most recent hot topic is "James Garner passes away" with 16 replies.
Ad
Recent Topics
FusionBB™ Version 3.2 | ©2003-2014 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.205 seconds.   Total Queries: 225   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT-5). Current time is 10:27 PM