hockey-fights.com
 Page 123 of 123 « First<120121122123
Username Post: Recently Watched Movies        (Topic#502766)
HenryHanson
superstar
Total Posts: 3427
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
06-03-18 06:15 PM - Post#1713932    

In response to HenryHanson

Ready Player One is what we saw last night. While visiting my bro in NM he has wanted to go to the movies every night. He didn't think I'd know anyone in this film, but it stars Tye Sheridan, Mark Rylance and Ben Mehndelson. It is the only movie I've seen, and the third 3-D movie, where a hoard of people come running across a field to battle the enemy. Check that I've seen Braveheart but this is the first with CGI. I hope the USofA doesn't go the way of the film but if it does I don't want to be around to live like that. I'd give it a yeah see it in the price reduced theater near you.

HenryHanson
superstar
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
06-04-18 10:38 PM - Post#1713949    

Muscle Shoals This is a very interesting story of the music biz ala The Wrecking Crew. I remember a while back one in here mentioning this film. I would agree it is worth seeing and like most of what is real it is better than fiction.

HenryHanson
superstar
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
06-07-18 11:25 PM - Post#1713992    

Upgrade and Isle of Dogs. In another post I said I was in NM visiting my bro, he keeps a condo out here. He mentioned he sees a lot of movies he ain't kidding.

He went to one last night and is out seeing another tonight. A couple days ago I saw Upgrade. What a bloody mess that was. A man and his wife, a young couple, live in the not too future. Technology plays a huge role in this movie as it is taking over humanity, anyone who resembles a human is made to seem less. God help us if we become anymore like this movie.

In Isle of Dogs a whole species of animal is going to be wiped out due to the disease they carry. Smart, kind, young people come up with a cure/treatment but those in charge want to shut them down and cause genocide to the doomed species. It is a Wes Anderson film and a lot of the usual actors supply the voices to the stop action characters. It is shot ala The Fantastic Mr. Fox. If you liked that one and like Wes Anderson then see this one.

ChiBoyinLA
all star
Total Posts: 1457
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
06-08-18 02:08 AM - Post#1713993    

Deadpool 2 - really fucking violent, vulgar and funny. If you loved the first DP, you’ll love this one also.

A Quiet Place - well done high concept horror flick set mostly on a family farm in the near future after the country has been overrun by murderous creatures that hunt and kill via sound. So if you want to survive, you need to stay very quiet.
"It's what you learn after you know it all that counts." -- John Wooden

HenryHanson
superstar
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
06-08-18 06:21 PM - Post#1714011    

In response to ChiBoyinLA

1945, The Reformed. In between funny, fucking violent movies I have seen two films. The first is about an Hungarian Town during the time the A Bombs were dropped on the Japanese. A town official's son is getting married and two Jewish men come into town with a wagon and two crates. Everyone in the town is guilty of moving in when the Jews were shipped off to work camps. Yet the official signed off on the transactions as that is his job. The slow pace and paranoia build until the planned events of the day are secondary.

Ethan Hawke is a priest in The Reformed. His church is very old in the County of Albany, it was used as a railroad for escaped, or fleeing slaves. Now it is a tourist site with a souvenir shop. He is to have a ceremony with Abundant Life, a huge Christian Church, the Govenor, and a head of a large company which pollutes the world. He is very torn between hope and despair, and without giving away too much of the film, he must decided what is God's Will and what is his own.

If one is a huge fan of funny, fucking violent films these two would feel very slow, and I wouldn't recommend them. However if one likes films I would.

Canucko29
legend
Total Posts: 13955
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
06-12-18 12:22 AM - Post#1714083    

Hereditary.

This movie is a good movie that could have been very good or great had they cut down the running time (I counted 2 Hours). Toni Collette gives the performance of her lifetime. I think it is best actress worthy, and had this performance been in a movie that was a sure lock for Best Picture nomination, she would win it. This is such an amazing performance. I see her very much being the next Frances McDormand. 3/4

3/4

All the Way

This is an HBO take of Lyndon Johnson. I expected significantly more bias here (there definitely were moments), it is surprisingly historically relevant and get us a reasonably rair representation of the man. Once again, this is a movie that is driven by a great performance by Bryan Cranston who absolutely nails LBJ.

3/4

Edmond Dantes
hall of famer
Total Posts: 5444
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
06-13-18 11:00 AM - Post#1714140    

In response to Canucko29

Solo- I was pessimistic going into the theater, but overall was not too bad, with some neat nostalgic moments. Plot not terrible, just drags a bit. Perhaps I found it decent solely in comparison to the two terrible main movies. Not sure what the writers were thinking with the Lando-robot angle. 2 of 4 stars.
'take the shortest route to the puck and arrive in ill humor' -Fred Shero

HenryHanson
superstar
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
06-15-18 06:44 PM - Post#1714175    

• HenryHanson Said:
1945, The Reformed. In between funny, fucking violent movies I have seen two films. The first is about an Hungarian Town during the time the A Bombs were dropped on the Japanese. A town official's son is getting married and two Jewish men come into town with a wagon and two crates. Everyone in the town is guilty of moving in when the Jews were shipped off to work camps. Yet the official signed off on the transactions as that is his job. The slow pace and paranoia build until the planned events of the day are secondary.

Ethan Hawke is a priest in The Reformed. His church is very old in the County of Albany, it was used as a railroad for escaped, or fleeing slaves. Now it is a tourist site with a souvenir shop. He is to have a ceremony with Abundant Life, a huge Christian Church, the Govenor, and a head of a large company which pollutes the world. He is very torn between hope and despair, and without giving away too much of the film, he must decided what is God's Will and what is his own.

If one is a huge fan of funny, fucking violent films these two would feel very slow, and I wouldn't recommend them. However if one likes films I would.

Ethan Hawke is in First Reformed.

Canucko29
legend
Total Posts: 13955
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
06-20-18 03:46 AM - Post#1714216    

I did a double bill today. Deadpool 2 and Avengers Infinity War. I have a tough time deciding which one was a better movie as they were so strong for different reasons.

As for Deadpool 2, I was kind of skeptical as to whether they could pull it off as the gag was pulled off so perfectly in the 1st movie. However, this movie was absolutely hilarious. It took a much different route than I anticipated. And it didn't rely exclusively on making fun of comic movie tropes, but had some great Stand alone comedic moments as well.

This was not as good as the first one, but exceptional for a sequel.

3.5/4

Jax
Total Posts: 12976
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
06-20-18 09:43 AM - Post#1714220    

In response to Canucko29

Honesty, the same dick jokes, 4th wall breaks and endless shots at DC wore on me in Deadpool 2.Toward the end I was just rolling my eyes instead of laughing.

PuckRogue
Total Posts: 37250
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
06-20-18 10:36 AM - Post#1714225    

In response to Jax

Agreed. Deadpool 2 was pretty much meh, for me. It wasn't bad, just very not as good.

-PR

PuckRogue
Total Posts: 37250
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
06-20-18 10:37 AM - Post#1714226    

In response to PuckRogue

Took the kids to Incredibles 2 yesterday. Action-packed, for a Pixar movie. It was good, as all Pixar movies are...

-PR

Pibb
legend
Total Posts: 12259
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
06-22-18 06:18 PM - Post#1714289    

In response to PuckRogue

Deadpool 2 and I loved it, loved the way they portrayed The Juggernaut

Page 123 of 123 « First<120121122123
Icon Legend Permissions & Sharing Options Topic Options
Print Topic

Follow
117 Online Now
0 viewable users and 0 hidden plus 117 guests are online now.
Hot Topic
Most recent hot topic is "Sheeple" with 36 replies.
Ad
Recent Topics
FusionBB™ Version 3.2 | ©2003-2018 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.25 seconds.   Total Queries: 238   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT-5). Current time is 08:27 PM