hockey-fights.com
 Page 118 of 118 « First<115116117118
Username Post: Recently Watched Movies        (Topic#502766)
ChiBoyinLA
all star
Total Posts: 1377
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
06-12-17 10:16 PM - Post#1700652    

In response to HEAVYWEIGHT

This weekend was movie nights with my kids, a 12 year old boy and 13 year old girl.

First up on boy's night was Logan. A great finale to the Hugh Jackman Wolverine films. Probably the "darkest" of the Marvel Cinematic Universe movies. Very well done, one of the best superhero movies I've seen, right up there with The Dark Knight, IMHO. Much more graphic violence then most comic films.

Night two was The Edge of Seventeen, starring Hailee Steinfeld, a very well written and entertaining high school coming of edge film, basically about a teenage girl trying to figure her shit out. Great characters, spot on writing, nice twist on the genre. Up there quality wise with Sixteen Candles, Breakfast Club, Clueless and others. Obviously this is not the kind of film you are going to watch unless you have teenagers of your own.
"It's what you learn after you know it all that counts." -- John Wooden

Canucko29
legend
Total Posts: 13212
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
06-13-17 09:57 AM - Post#1700680    

In response to ChiBoyinLA

A couple of stinkers from Netflix Productions

War Machine - Just an awful awful movie. The acting was hideous, and the exposition was just mind-boggling. Lots of poor dialogue, a poor screenplay and a very poor performance by of all people Brad Pitt.

1.5/4

Siege of Jadotville

This was a little better than War Machine. The problem with this movie was the over-reliance on cliches, and that much of the complex backstory and history goes completely unexplained. And that way, it really suffered from Pearl Harbor syndrome. But at least it wasn't 3 hours long. Worth a watch.

2.5/4

Jax
Total Posts: 12762
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
06-16-17 07:28 PM - Post#1700973    

In response to Canucko29

Netflixed a Greek film called Suntan last night. About a middle-aged local town doctor who treats a hot young tourist in his office one day. She and her friends invite the doctor to tag along with them while they party, go to the beach, and club it up. He slowly becomes obsessed with Anna, the girl he treated. Her and her friends are very "free love-y" types and spend most of the movie naked, it seems. Anna even fucks the doctor at one point, seemingly just because he was there. Naturally this only fuels his obsession.
During their little tryst, the doctor, um, finishes, in about 2.5 seconds. She playfully asks "Is that it?" but then tells him the summer is young and promises him other opportunities to do better. Then her and her friends disappear for a few days. Again, this sends poor doctor into madness. When they finally show up again the doc is out of his head crazy, telling her he loves her, yada yada. He stalks her, gets incredibly jealous if her sees her talking to anyone else. They try to blow him off but that only makes it worse.
Not a bad flick. At first you kind of feel for the doctor, because it's easy to see how he could feel led on by Anna. She obviously is very cavalier about casual sex, whereas the doctor thinks it means something. But as you slowly watch him go nuts you feel less empathy for him.
Lots of nudity, as you might expect from a European flick. Some of it is good, some is bad.

HenryHanson
superstar
Total Posts: 3308
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
06-17-17 03:25 PM - Post#1700994    

In response to Jax

How Greek, I mean the film Suntan. Not that I know what "Greek" is, I live next door to one, actually he is from Crete. (Blue Grass type banjo music)

I rented John Wick Chapter 2 recently. I had heard mixed reviews. My brother "who has seen everything" told me when this movie came out in the theaters that, "they used too many bullets to kill" a person. Plus our slanted SF Peninsula type newspapers only kinda liked it. It did get a high rating from OnDemand, nearly a 90 percent next to a popcorn icon.

I admit I liked it, even thought there was some rehash. But the rehash worked in that it showed him killing more than one with a pencil, proving his legend from the first film. Yeah maybe he shot some too many times as the first one or two would have rendered them as "bleed outs." But maybe they'd still have the where with all to cap a mother. I just wish he would have made the same sureness with Common's character. THough there were witnesses in that one.

I will say see it if you liked the first one. I'm guessing there will be a third at least.

Jax
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
06-17-17 04:04 PM - Post#1700996    

In response to HenryHanson

It's set in Greece and the dialogue is Greek, with English subtitles.

Jax
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
06-18-17 09:44 PM - Post#1701074    

In response to Jax

The Invitation--A man (Will) and his girlfriend go to a party hosted by Will's ex-wife (Eden) and her new husband. It's more of a reunion than party, as Eden and new hubby have been MIA for two years and everyone at the party were part of their inner circle before they disappeared. As the movie goes on it is revealed that Eden and Will had a son who died, and grief is what led to their divorce. A few of Eden and her husband's "new" friends show up and tensions rise as the hosts and their new friends seem to be recruiting for some new age cult. Tensions get high as Will takes exception to Eden's new "choose happy thoughts" way of life, as he accuses her of trying to erase the death of their son.
The mood of the movie is ominous and creepy, although Will seems to be the only one picking up on the bad vibes. But anyone he discusses his suspicions with seems clueless and, as the viewer, you begin to wonder if Will is the only sane one at the party or if he is out of his mind with grief.
When I used to smoke pot in my teens/early 20s, I would get paranoid to the point of delusion. If I was smoking with people I didn't know I would become convinced everyone around me was a devil worshiper intent on sacrificing me, that my long-time friends had only been pretending in order to lure me into this trap, and that I was going to die.
This movie brought back many of those feelings as Will becomes more and more convinced that something nefarious is going on.
It's been a few days since I watched it and I still haven't decided if I liked it or not. Very creepy film. The entire time, as the viewer, you're waiting for the party to break into an orgy or a bloodbath.

HenryHanson
superstar
Total Posts: 3308
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
06-22-17 04:56 PM - Post#1701313    

In response to Jax

• Jax Said:

When I used to smoke pot in my teens/early 20s, I would get paranoid to the point of delusion. If I was smoking with people I didn't know I would become convinced everyone around me was a devil worshiper intent on sacrificing me, that my long-time friends had only been pretending in order to lure me into this trap, and that I was going to die.

Your were right.

Yeah I got it the film was Greek, the previous one you mentioned.

Edited by HenryHanson on 06-22-17 04:58 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

juha82
legend
Total Posts: 10209
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
06-23-17 11:35 AM - Post#1701339    

In response to HenryHanson

I did watch the horror movie Omen, the original Omen, fuckign brilliant horror movie, very dark, very exciting... but sometimes i feel like horror movies are imbelice, probably true... but my way to watch these horror movies is very weird haha, i always makes fun of dead people, who die in horror movies, bec i starts laughing if someone poor people die =)
I had once VHS-tape, i many times watched by VHS-tape how they die in horror movie, it was funny to me.

1.Omen
2.Ring2
3.Clock game/work oringe(haha i know this dont go correct, that name for the movie which i mean)
4.Omen2
5.The one, where Nicholson became crazy killer, hes book writer, who goes ape, probably by caused the house, when he went ape, the house was filled with demonic spirits, his boy saw something awful, he did see 2 girls, they were dead spirits, i always laughing ...funny time to watch, the actor who acting young boy is like my cousin wow hah

Page 118 of 118 « First<115116117118
Icon Legend Permissions & Sharing Options Topic Options
Print Topic

Follow
93 Online Now
2 viewable users and 1 hidden plus 90 guests are online now.
Hot Topic
Most recent hot topic is "GA-06 Special Election" with 20 replies.
Ad
Recent Topics
FusionBB™ Version 3.2 | ©2003-2017 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.172 seconds.   Total Queries: 161   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT-5). Current time is 02:10 PM