hockey-fights.com
 Page 116 of 116 « First<113114115116
Username Post: Recently Watched Movies        (Topic#502766)
Canucko29
legend
Total Posts: 12958
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
03-03-17 04:41 PM - Post#1694695    

In response to Jax

I can't wait to see Logan. Liking what I'm hearing from the reviews.

Pete
hall of famer
Total Posts: 9999
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       

03-06-17 12:00 PM - Post#1694949    

In response to Canucko29

Moonlight - The 2016 Academy Award winner for Best Picture is a slice of life set in the Liberty City area of Miami over about a 15 year period. Set in three distinct times from the point of view of a poor, sexually confused black kid. You see him befriend the local dealer at around 11, realize his homosexuality in his mid-teens, and then later find him in his mid-20s as a dealer/thug in Atlanta.

Not a bad movie. but has very little to offer to the average movie goer. The Best Picture and screenplay awards are a shocker. There is very little dialogue, very little exposition, and it is slooooooooooooooow.

You need to really embrace these characters or perhaps be familiar with the life style to even accept it much less appreciate it.

The furthest thing from essential without being a bad movie. Unless you consider yourself a serious film fan, don't waste your time.

** out of ****

STLChapman
all star
Total Posts: 2056
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
03-08-17 04:49 PM - Post#1695221    

In response to Pete

Midnight in Paris (avail on Netflix)
Dir. Woody Allen
Owen Wilson, Rachel McAdams, Marion Cotillard
Academy Award Winner, Best Screen Play

Owen Wilson is an aspiring novelist on vacation in Paris with his fiancee (McAdams) and her family. During a series of midnight strolls around Paris, he finds himself traveling through time to 1920's Paris, where he encounters famous artists/authors like F Scott Fitzgerald, Ernest Hemingway, Gertrude Stein, Picasso, Salvador Dali, etc.

Creative, funny, great cast, well-acted... I thoroughly enjoyed this movie.

3.5 out of 5

HEAVYWEIGHT
legend
Total Posts: 10243
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
03-12-17 06:50 PM - Post#1695609    

In response to STLChapman

LOGAN, 5 stars, go see it.

The best X-Men movie ever made, (the bar is very low HA)

Canucko29
legend
Total Posts: 12958
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
03-15-17 12:06 AM - Post#1695766    

In response to HEAVYWEIGHT

I watched Logan tonight in a double feature along with Get Out.

Logan is an example of what you can actually do with a comic book movie when you lift off the restraints of trying to appeal to the teenage demographic and try to make a real movie for once. In fact, I would lift this movies out of the comic book genre and put it more in the action genre. This was a comparable film in many ways to Terminator 2. 3.5/4.

ReaperB
all star
Total Posts: 1766
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
03-16-17 09:14 AM - Post#1695842    

In response to Canucko29

Kong Skull Island

A team of scientists explore an uncharted island in the Pacific, venturing into the domain of the mighty Kong, and must fight to escape a primal Eden.

Wanted this movie to be great ,it had the over the top high budget look to everything . Vlisually its great , the CGI looks flawless and the backdrops are awesome.
But the actual movie is good not great, the severe lack of character development leaves you unattached to whatever happens to the films stars.

Samuel L is good in his role as the hard ass . The English dude opposite him gives an underwhelming performance . Goodman is the stellar Goodman. This is a film that could of been , and should of been. Not sure how you spend this much money and don't do a little character development . Too obvious ,bad job by somebody.

2.75 out of ****

FreezingTexan
legend
Total Posts: 12501
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
03-20-17 09:12 AM - Post#1696033    

In response to ReaperB

31 by Rob Zombie

It's basically The Running Man but made by Rob Zombie.
Germany, it's like Wisconsin only with a really bad past.

ROBBIE
superstar
Total Posts: 2911
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
03-21-17 12:45 PM - Post#1696143    

In response to ReaperB

• ReaperB Said:
Kong Skull Island

A team of scientists explore an uncharted island in the Pacific, venturing into the domain of the mighty Kong, and must fight to escape a primal Eden.

Wanted this movie to be great ,it had the over the top high budget look to everything . Vlisually its great , the CGI looks flawless and the backdrops are awesome.
But the actual movie is good not great, the severe lack of character development leaves you unattached to whatever happens to the films stars.

Samuel L is good in his role as the hard ass . The English dude opposite him gives an underwhelming performance . Goodman is the stellar Goodman. This is a film that could of been , and should of been. Not sure how you spend this much money and don't do a little character development . Too obvious ,bad job by somebody.

2.75 out of ****

Also watched Kong and thought it was mediocre . I still think mixing in other monsters with Kong is an bad idea .

To me kong should be like Jaws or Alien where you actually dont see the creature early and they kinda build the mystique before they appear

But i will probably see it again when its released on blueray cause its a nice action movie
"That's right... I've killed women and children. Killed just about everything that walks or crawled at one time, or another. And, I'm here to kill you, little Bill. For what you did to Ned."

Maguire19
Total Posts: 19173
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
03-21-17 01:25 PM - Post#1696148    

In response to ROBBIE

Logan was awesome. I put it up there with The Dark Knight and Cap America Winter Soldier as the best comic movies ever. Wont lie, got a bit choked up toward the end. Awesome to see Wolverine in berserker mode in Rated R. I can only hope the re-boot will feature the yellow and blue costume.

HenryHanson
superstar
Total Posts: 3270
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
03-22-17 02:15 PM - Post#1696226    

In response to Maguire19

Elle I saw this because I did not to see the gore of Hacksaw Ridge and wanted to wait to see Manchester by the Sea with my sig. other, which I am doing tonight.

Elle is kind of a geek fest. It is the female version of Rambo. I watched this in a few sittings as a little went a long way, plus other things were on. (March Madness and they are showing a lot of Black Hawk games.) I've been thinking of this movie and came up with the Sly Stallone classic comparison in that this lead character is suffering some serious sh**. It is definitely a period piece as ten years from now it will seem dated. This French film has the heroine working as a CEO in a gaming company. Only see this if you want to see the estrogen version of First Blood. (ahem)
I'd rate it the same of the blockbuster of the 80's though this may not gross that much moolah.

(Yes the innuendos are intended.)

Page 116 of 116 « First<113114115116
Icon Legend Permissions & Sharing Options Topic Options
Print Topic

Follow
59 Online Now
0 viewable users and 0 hidden plus 59 guests are online now.
Hot Topic
Most recent hot topic is "Golf" with 39 replies.
Ad
Recent Topics
FusionBB™ Version 3.2 | ©2003-2017 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.203 seconds.   Total Queries: 195   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT-5). Current time is 05:19 AM