hockey-fights.com
 Page 120 of 120 « First<117118119120
Username Post: Recently Watched Movies        (Topic#502766)
HenryHanson
superstar
Total Posts: 3369
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
12-09-17 04:50 PM - Post#1707658    

In response to HenryHanson

• HenryHanson Said:
Logan Lucky is the story of some unlucky Rednecks. Channing Tatum's character would have made the NFL had he not torn his knee up and his brother, played by Adam Driver, got his hand blown off on the way to the airport as he was leaving the War. Tatum's character is found limping to his truck after work and is laid off, a pre-existing condition which was not reported. He and his crew were fixing the sink holes which were plaguing the Charleston Motor Speedway. He was privy to some codes for the security and the goings on of the tubes, pneumatic, which are used for cash drops.
While the subject matter might not be glamorous, Steven Soderberg does a great job of directing as usual. The performances and humor are so low key that if you can watch it a second time, if needed. I would recommend this very much and give it four outta five stars.

Which allows him to pull off a huge heist at the Speedway. I did forget to include that important piece of info, his crew is hilarious.

Twist 'n Belak
hall of famer
Total Posts: 6387
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
12-10-17 07:48 PM - Post#1707687    

In response to HenryHanson

Once Upon a Time in Venice

This one came out earlier this year. It stars Bruce Willis as a washed up police officer, now a skateboarding private detective in Venice Beach, California. As he's investigating some rather lewd graffiti, his dog gets stolen by a couple punks, who sell it to some local Hispanic gangbangers lead by Spyder, played admirably by Jason Momoa. Along the way he hangs out with his friend, a washed up surfer who did too much acid back in the day, played by John Goodman, and his younger partner played by Thomas Middleditch (nerdy guy from the very funny horror The Final Girls), who also narrates the story. Also has Kal Penn as the disgruntled neighborhood convenience store clerk.

This is actually a good movie, but I put it in the meh category because it dragged and I wound up falling asleep 3/4 of the way through.
formerly Belak_2 aka Bleka...

DOWN GOES BRASHEAR!

Page 120 of 120 « First<117118119120
Icon Legend Permissions & Sharing Options Topic Options
Print Topic

Follow
109 Online Now
4 viewable users and 0 hidden plus 105 guests are online now.
Ad
Recent Topics
FusionBB™ Version 3.2 | ©2003-2017 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.109 seconds.   Total Queries: 68   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT-6.0). Current time is 08:19 AM