hockey-fights.com
 Page 119 of 119 « First<116117118119
Username Post: Recently Watched Movies        (Topic#502766)
Jax
Total Posts: 12895
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
10-21-17 10:22 PM - Post#1705592    

In response to Canucko29

I enjoyed WW, too.
Recently watched an Aussie movie on Netflix called Boys in the Trees. It was labeled as a horror flick but I thought it was more like a coming-of-age tale set on Halloween. It's about a group of boys who bully another boy. Every year on Halloween they egg his house. One of the boys in the "gang" seems to have grown out of finding this fun, though. He's the only one of the group actually growing up, it seems.
Anyway, he splits with the group on Halloween night and ends up running into the boy they bully. The two hang out and talk about when they were kids. Turns out they were all best friends as kids but as they grew up they grew apart and the one kid ends up being odd man out. Kind of a touching film. Like I said, I'm not sure it deserves to be labeled a horror, but there are some eerie twists that you can kind of see coming. I'd recommend it.

Baldridge
legend
Total Posts: 11963
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
10-22-17 02:43 PM - Post#1705604    

In response to Jax

Fences is excellent. Best movie I've seen this year...
"I can't prove any of it"-NYRfan

PuckRogue
Total Posts: 37021
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
10-23-17 07:55 AM - Post#1705616    

In response to Baldridge

Watched Ghost in the Shell on the plane. Great visuals and an OK story. Action is very Matrix. Took me a while to figure out that the white haired guy is Euron Greyjoy.

-PR

Kanrok
legend
Total Posts: 21187
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
10-29-17 07:36 AM - Post#1705940    

In response to PuckRogue

Watched Hidden Figures on Netflix last night.

Best film I’ve seen in years.

On another note, why is Baldy watching anything produced by Hollywood?

Asking for a friend.
“The greatest thing we can do just unite and love on each other and like, no barriers, no borders, like, we all need to just co-exist.”

- K. Perry

PuckRogue
Total Posts: 37021
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
10-29-17 09:18 PM - Post#1705969    

In response to Kanrok

HIdden Figures was very good.

-PR

Canucko29
legend
Total Posts: 13527
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
10-30-17 02:10 AM - Post#1705972    

In response to PuckRogue

I will give hidden figures a watch.

I have to say that I thought Blade Runner2049 was absolutely brilliant and way better than I expected. And this movie is really made for 3D.

Denis Villeneuve made my favorite movie if the year a couple or few years ago, Sicario, and he might have just made my favorite movie of the year again. This movie was philosophically on target. And provided probably the best argumeny for caring for artificial intelligence should it one day exist. Ryan Gosling is really good in this.

Canucko29
legend
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
10-30-17 02:12 AM - Post#1705973    

In response to Canucko29

"It" was a terrific horror film. I really enjoyed how they recreated the late eighties. Including, the movie posters for that summer.

It was actually a very frightening movie at some points, but I really enjoyed the interaction between the kids. Some disturbing stuff in this film that I've ordinarily wouldn't approve of, but you have to expect it when you watch a Stephen King story (death of kids, sexual molestation and child abuse).

HenryHanson
superstar
Total Posts: 3353
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
11-02-17 10:01 PM - Post#1706212    

In response to Canucko29

I saw Split M. Knight Shyamalan's latest. I'd rank it below Sixth Sense and as good as Unbreakable and the one about the aliens. THis person with 23 personalities kidnaps a couple of douche bags along with the girl invited to the party because she would get a ton of Social Media shit if she wasn't invited. There are some sub plots which are creepy and Betty Buckley co-stars. She was the hot step mom on the 80's tv show Eight is Enough. She and the James MacAvoy character discuss multiple personalities and that part is interesting. I'd recommend this if you like M. Knight Shyamalan's work.

Edited by HenryHanson on 11-02-17 10:01 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

HenryHanson
superstar
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
11-04-17 04:19 PM - Post#1706302    

In response to HenryHanson

I Bleed for This. I saw it the night, over a two night period. A few of my rink rat friends was saying "Good bye" to one who is going to Minnesota to live. We were talking movies, at the send off lunch on Friday, and he mentioned a famous strip club in RI, Providence, that he and his friends visited. This might have been shown in the film, it made me want to watch the end of it. It is another boxer movie ala The Fighter and Southpaw. Very comparable to The Fighter in that it shows life in a cerain area of America in the late 80's early 90's. Aaron Echhart is very good a balding pudgy trainer who likes to drink. I did not believe the actor who played Vinny Pazienza's dad was Italian, he isn't he is very Irish. I'd recommend it only if you like boxing, really like boxing.

Edited by HenryHanson on 11-04-17 04:21 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Canucko29
legend
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
11-06-17 11:10 PM - Post#1706442    

In response to HenryHanson

My Facebook review of 1922 (on Netflix):

I just watched 1922 on Netflix, the movie apparently based on a short novella by Stephen King. What an awful movie. Seriously. There was really no point to it other than to display boundless cynicism. I didn't read the original story that the movie was based on, but If it's anything like the movie, not Stephen King's finest work.

Canucko29
legend
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
11-07-17 10:41 PM - Post#1706517    

In response to Canucko29

Watched Baby Driver. I watch this movie get great reviews on Rotten Tomatoes, and I must say it is undeserved.

A lot of style and not a lot of substance, it is basically a ripoff of Driver, a far superior movie, at Pax none of the same punch and is really not a great movie. I would give it two and a half stars out of four, as I thought the young guy in the role was a good Ryan Gosling knock off, but the movie overall disappoints. The movie also stars recently exposed Kevin Spacey, who actually delivers a good performance as usual, but the movie itself is just not that well written.

Pete
legend
Total Posts: 10343
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       

11-08-17 07:55 AM - Post#1706524    

In response to Canucko29

Interesting viewpoint c29. There is a separate thread for this flick with other opinions.

HenryHanson
superstar
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
11-20-17 03:44 PM - Post#1707024    

In response to Pete

Wind River is a brutal look at the disappearance of an Indian young woman. It takes place during Spring yet the weather is still freezing. It is by Tye Sheridan who also did Hell or High Water. The cold and the surroundings, the last scene is "the highest point of Wyoming", play major roles in this film. Hombre comes to mind as the depiction of the Native Americans is shown in detail while Paul Newman's character mentions the fact the Indians were thrown off the land and put up in the mountains. There is nothing cheery about this film but it does explain the grief process well and the benefits of grief. I recommend it.

Page 119 of 119 « First<116117118119
Icon Legend Permissions & Sharing Options Topic Options
Print Topic

Follow
93 Online Now
1 viewable users and 1 hidden plus 91 guests are online now.
Ad
Recent Topics
FusionBB™ Version 3.2 | ©2003-2017 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.25 seconds.   Total Queries: 238   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT-6.0). Current time is 09:54 PM