hockey-fights.com
 Page 66 of 66 « First<63646566
Username Post: Boxing thread        (Topic#516223)
DoubleJ
legend
Total Posts: 14483
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
07-14-17 06:55 PM - Post#1701999    

In response to Mustang27

• Mustang27 Said:
Anyone here giving McGregor a chance against Mayweather?

This is a complete circus shit show and i wouldn't bet on i. I can get FM at -800. Honestly, i cannot risk that much juice on this fight. If this was a legit fight, CG wouldn't last one round. But boxing is such bullshit, that i would bet on something weird happening where CG wins. Then the fighters promote the rematch in another circus and make another 200 million. My friend already took FM at -800.

I had Pacman in that last fight at -600, and got fucked royally. I should have known better but was drunk and just won a big baseball bet and was stupid.
Devils John Madden being interviewed:
Interviewer- How does it feel to cover Gomez?
Madden- I don't know. I don't cover 3rd line centers.

Jax
Total Posts: 12787
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
07-15-17 11:03 AM - Post#1702011    

In response to DoubleJ

This is such a money grab by both guys. MacGregor knows he has no shot but why not do this for $120 million? Sorry, but anyone planning on paying for this farce is stupid. I doubt I'll even go out to a bar to watch.

Rob29
all star
Total Posts: 1769
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       

07-15-17 12:46 PM - Post#1702012    

In response to Mustang27

Only if Mayweather does something stupid in the pre fight press conference.
"I don't understand the following Jay Miller has here , except for the loyal Bruin fans that frequently troll FC. "

PuckRogue
Total Posts: 36582
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
07-17-17 11:43 AM - Post#1702033    

In response to Rob29

CM could certainly catch Mayweather with one and win the fight, yes.

No way Mayweather, with giant pillows on his hands, can hurt CM, in my opinion.

Other guys have done well attacking Mayweather (Moseley did for about two rounds). As long as CM doesn't punch himself out, I do think he has a slim chance of getting lucky here.

-PR

Baldridge
legend
Total Posts: 11601
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
07-17-17 04:26 PM - Post#1702040    

In response to PuckRogue

4 of us are getting together to watch it. It's just an excuse to get together and maybe catch history....
"I can't prove any of it"-NYRfan

tmc
superstar
Total Posts: 3189
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
07-17-17 11:49 PM - Post#1702042    

In response to Baldridge

If McGregor hits him over twenty times I'd be surprised. FM is going to box this one into boredom for the Win. I'd like to see him ko'd but too fast too catch...but one lucky one

Canucko29
legend
Total Posts: 13287
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
07-18-17 12:26 AM - Post#1702043    

In response to tmc

Mayweather should be able to knock him out pretty easily. This is not MMA. If he loses this one, it's by dive.

The footwork you require in a boxing ring and the head movement is a whole lot different.

Conor McGregor is a pretty good boxer for MMA, but that he won't be able to keep Mayweather in check with leg kicks and wrestling.

I might watch it at the bar. Only because I doubt there's anything else to do that day.

Damn, I really miss the days when boxing was really relevant and I could plan my life around each big fight.

Canucko29
legend
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
07-18-17 12:27 AM - Post#1702044    

In response to Jax

• Jax Said:
Sorry, but anyone planning on paying for this farce is stupid.

I would actually correct this to anybody who really wanted to see this fight. I think I'll watch it, but it will be because of boredom. LOL

Rob29
all star
Total Posts: 1769
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       

07-18-17 11:55 AM - Post#1702050    

In response to Canucko29

Reports out there that McGregor's sparring partner knocked him out.
"I don't understand the following Jay Miller has here , except for the loyal Bruin fans that frequently troll FC. "

Mustang27
all star
Total Posts: 1923
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
07-18-17 01:04 PM - Post#1702060    

In response to PuckRogue

I agree this fight is not a boxing contest, but rather a money/business play by the promoters.

Mayweather is the most elusive 150 lb. fighter of our generation, who not only is undefeated against the best in the world (including Olympic gold medalists), but has never even been knocked down.
But (a big BUT) he's been retired for 2 years and has recently entered his 40's.

His opponent, on the other hand, is peaking and in the prime of his fighting career, and a champion in multiple weight classes in MMA's highest promotion. He is undoubtedly stronger (and arguably has more punching power) than Floyd, and is an excellent counter puncher in his own right. He also has hundreds of hours of tape to study. Whereas Floyd has virtually no boxing footage of Connor.

Initially I didn't think Connor even had a punchers chance. I bet on Floyd at -640. But given the fact that Pac just "lost", and the amount of money and politics involved, I think its possible McGregor somehow pulls off an upset.

Prediction: Floyd wins, one way or another, inside 9 rounds.

On another note, I'm very much looking forward to GGG vs. Canelo. THAT is a boxing match.

I'd rather be right than politically correct

Canucko29
legend
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
07-18-17 03:53 PM - Post#1702066    

In response to Mustang27

I've been out of the game for a while. I watched the drubbing Canelo gave to Julio Cesar Chavez's son. I watched that mess of a fight between Pacquiao and Mayweather. Probably the only thing people could agree in Vegas at the time was that that fight was awful. I also watched Andre Ward vs Antonio Tarver whenever that fight happened.

I remember people back in the day saying the back in the day saying the 2000s was short of talent. I can only imagine what some of them say now.

It seems everything I absolutely loved in life, hockey, boxing, music, movies... they get worse every year.

That being said, I would be very excited to see Triple G vs Canelo.

PuckRogue
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
07-18-17 10:24 PM - Post#1702074    

In response to Mustang27

GGG and Lomachenko are both GREAT boxers. The sport isn't dead until they pull a jobber on one of them.

-PR

Jax
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
07-19-17 07:49 PM - Post#1702091    

In response to PuckRogue

We've seen MacGregor punch himself out inside of three rounds both times vs. Diaz. If this goes past four rounds, be prepared for eight rounds of a gassed CM hugging Floyd to death. Wouldn't be surprised to see it stopped due to fighter inactivity, giving a TKO win to Mayweather.

Jax
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
07-19-17 07:53 PM - Post#1702092    

In response to PuckRogue

• PuckRogue Said:
GGG and Lomachenko are both GREAT boxers. The sport isn't dead until they pull a jobber on one of them.

-PR

I haven't seen a ton of GGG, but from what I have seen, he seems to get hit A LOT. It looks like he's a "take-two-to-give-one" kind of fighter because of the faith he has in his own power. Even if you have a great chin, that shit catches up to every fighter eventually.

Johnny_Upton
Total Posts: 28832
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
07-20-17 10:29 AM - Post#1702101    

In response to Jax

There is zero chance Money loses. IMO the 50-0 is more important to him than the payday. What I expact to see is CM get DQ'd for using MMA (leg kick, elbow, etc)
Dis somanumbatching country was founded so that the liberties of common patriotic citizens like me could not be taken away by a bunch of fargin iceholes... like yourselves.

#Filthystrong

Canucko29
legend
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
07-21-17 09:42 AM - Post#1702127    

In response to Johnny_Upton

• Johnny_Upton Said:
There is zero chance Money loses. IMO the 50-0 is more important to him than the payday. What I expact to see is CM get DQ'd for using MMA (leg kick, elbow, etc)

I thought about that too. This is the circus freak aspect of this fight. A lot of people are going to watch this fight hoping that McGregor just walks in the ring and kicks Mayweather in the head. Lol.

PuckRogue
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
07-21-17 10:29 PM - Post#1702161    

In response to Canucko29

I would pay $50 to see that.

-PR

Page 66 of 66 « First<63646566
Icon Legend Permissions & Sharing Options Topic Options
Print Topic

Follow
73 Online Now
2 viewable users and 0 hidden plus 71 guests are online now.
Hot Topic
Most recent hot topic is "Voter Fraud" with 40 replies.
Ad
FusionBB™ Version 3.2 | ©2003-2017 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.297 seconds.   Total Queries: 301   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT-5). Current time is 07:41 PM