hockey-fights.com
 Page 96 of 96 « First<93949596
Username Post: The Walking Dead        (Topic#527527)
Jax
Total Posts: 12955
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
11-16-17 06:58 AM - Post#1706837    

In response to Badlands92

Not only that, but there were a couple points in Sunday's episode when Ezekiel was being led by that weird Savior and the walkers were right behind them. Suddenly Ezekiel would fall and they would have time for a conversation yet the walkers got no closer.
I'm beginning to think the joke is on those of us still watching every Sunday night. I think they're wondering how stupid they can make the show before people will lose interest.

PuckRogue
Total Posts: 37203
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
11-16-17 09:44 AM - Post#1706847    

In response to Badlands92

They have mentioned that the walkers are deteriorating and are technically getting slower.

-PR

Jax
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
11-16-17 05:36 PM - Post#1706872    

In response to PuckRogue

But many of those walkers were freshly turned members of the kingdom.

PuckRogue
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
11-16-17 09:19 PM - Post#1706880    

In response to Jax

Hey look, I’m just trying to help the writers and producers out. I think the show is dumb, now.

-PR

Huard28
Total Posts: 32347
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
11-16-17 11:39 PM - Post#1706881    

In response to PuckRogue

LOL yeah I remember not too long ago I re-watched the first few episodes of Season #1, and the walkers were in fact Usain Bolt's. They gave you very little chance to get away. If you fell, you were done, no second chance. They were also very human looking back then so could trick people.

What was with that weird nerd Savior guy torturing Ezekiel? Couldn't they come up with a tough guy or anyone different? Everyone knew that nerd was going to get axed, tiger bait or killed by Carol.

I can't get "yet we smile" out of my head. I say it at home, I say it at work, to my kids. I swear, I was home by myself the other day with my dog and went into Ezekiel speech mode to the dog.

In all seriousness, the only thing that I got out of that episode was when Ezekiel said in his normal voice "I'm just a guy". It's clear he had never been anything of value in his life until this apocalypse happened, and he had a chance to be a leader.
"I never participate in the game anymore. It doesn't work. I am too bad. I only fight". - Link Gaetz

Edited by Huard28 on 11-16-17 11:40 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

TheScotsman
captain
Total Posts: 740
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
12-25-17 10:51 PM - Post#1708114    

In response to Huard28

How sad has this show became, that no one has posted about the mid season finale....

SPOILER!! (If you care....)

Carl got bit somehow, but is still alive at the end of the show....oh yay.
Bob Probert..
"As a kid, Marcel Dionne walked by me and I asked him for an autograph, and he ignored me and kept walking."
"When I become a star, I'll never turn down an autograph."

R.I.P Champ!!

Knuckles2
all star
Total Posts: 1244
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
12-26-17 08:49 AM - Post#1708117    

In response to TheScotsman

How far this show has fallen!

Canucko29
legend
Total Posts: 13819
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
12-26-17 10:35 PM - Post#1708130    

• TheScotsman Said:
How sad has this show became, that no one has posted about the mid season finale....

SPOILER!! (If you care....)

I haven't even started watching the season yet. In fact, I read your spoiler and I didn't care LOL.

Beagle
hall of famer
Total Posts: 7801
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
02-26-18 02:07 PM - Post#1711064    

• TheScotsman Said:

Carl Mokosak?

Huard28
Total Posts: 32347
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
02-26-18 07:16 PM - Post#1711068    

In response to Beagle

• Beagle Said:
  • TheScotsman Said:

Carl Mokosak?

Carl Racki?

"I never participate in the game anymore. It doesn't work. I am too bad. I only fight". - Link Gaetz

PuckRogue
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
02-27-18 10:54 PM - Post#1711140    

In response to Huard28

Carl Whogivesashit

-PR

NYRfan
legend
Total Posts: 35266
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
02-28-18 11:55 AM - Post#1711159    

In response to PuckRogue

Dude that plays him is pretty damned lucky.

Probably has 5-10 million in the bank, after being a giant star for 5-6 years...... just out of high school.

Right place right time. Doesn't have to work a day in his life, IF he doesn't piss his money away.

Hope he doesn't buy a 5 mil house and 5 mil jet, and wonder WTF happened.

Bridgman
Senior Vet
Total Posts: 9392
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
03-02-18 08:25 AM - Post#1711238    

In response to Canucko29

The show is like any other show. After a while, it has to stop, that's what makes Breaking Bad the best-5 years, end.

Johnny_Upton
Total Posts: 29477
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
03-12-18 01:58 PM - Post#1711560    

In response to Bridgman

No more Garbage people
Dis somanumbatching country was founded so that the liberties of common patriotic citizens like me could not be taken away by a bunch of fargin iceholes... like yourselves.

#Filthystrong

Jax
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
03-12-18 06:33 PM - Post#1711565    

In response to NYRfan

• NYRfan Said:
Dude that plays him is pretty damned lucky.

Probably has 5-10 million in the bank, after being a giant star for 5-6 years...... just out of high school.

Right place right time. Doesn't have to work a day in his life, IF he doesn't piss his money away.

Hope he doesn't buy a 5 mil house and 5 mil jet, and wonder WTF happened.[/quote
He did buy one of those flamethrowers Elon Musk made.
I'm glad Carl is gone. Same for garbage people. I like how Jadis immediately spoke normal English once her people were killed.
The events at the end of Sunday's episode suggest this war with Negan is nearing its end. Thank god. I was so excited for Negan's arrival but the character hasn't translated to TV very well. At least he killed Glen.

KyleFreadrich43
hall of famer
Total Posts: 7796
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       

03-13-18 05:39 PM - Post#1711594    

In response to Jax

Simon couldve been a more effective villain.

But yes, very glad Glenn is gone.
"I don't want to call him scared, but Worrell always seemed to avoid me." -Kyle Freadrich

NYRfan
legend
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
03-14-18 12:16 PM - Post#1711612    

In response to KyleFreadrich43

I thought Negan's character was great for about a season. Really shook up the show, forced some changes and turns in the story, great bad guy.

But then his character effectively killed the show.

Way too much time, too many shows / seasons turned to crap, Negan the boogeyman who could never die. Basically Michael Meyers / Freddy Krueger without the fun; all downer.

So now they have nothing left, that's the end of the story. Sucks. Shitty production / direction / writing / storytelling.

I can't imagine why anybody thought this was good. I wonder of Kirkman or anybody else was against the approach. Surely he can't be happy with spending 2+ years doing nothing with his overall story.

Johnny_Upton
Total Posts: 29477
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
03-14-18 01:50 PM - Post#1711614    

In response to NYRfan

Negan wasnt the problem. When they meet other survivor communities theres some interest how these other groups manage to make the world work for them be in the Saviors, Kingdom, Hilltop, Woodbury, Terminusm, etc. Negan is central to the operation of the Saviors and what makes them tick.

Whats killing the show is Spending a season on shit characters like Carl, whom no one gives a shit about and then kill them.
Dis somanumbatching country was founded so that the liberties of common patriotic citizens like me could not be taken away by a bunch of fargin iceholes... like yourselves.

#Filthystrong

NYRfan
legend
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
03-14-18 02:22 PM - Post#1711615    

In response to Johnny_Upton

meh, I'll stick with my thoughts.

They did a good job with the governor, who was a similar character. First he was omnipotent and scary, then he lost all that and was back to who he was before the apocalypse, then he flipped back in a very random moment, then he was back in buisness, then the good guys rallied and killed his ass.

They should have treated Negan similarly. It was too boring and repetitive what they did with his character. I don't read the comix, but I've heard that they had that kind of backstory. Shoulda used it, at least it breaks things up and has a few points where things could go either way.

It's like the show's power brokers just liked Negan too much, and derailed the show just to satisfy their own fan-like desires. They went too far with it, for stupid reasons.

I agree, it's good to have all those different outposts / groups / group dynamics. But they shorted that too, to focus on Negan. The treachery of some of the groups to seceretly hook up with Negan.... just more one-dimensional Negan.

Maybe the honchos thought that Rick was played out, and thought they needed Jeffrey Dean Morgan to be the new face.

Watching (the character) Morgan continually go back and forth between spineless wuss and maniac wildman got old too. They coulda kept that to ONLY 5 times lol.

Looks like they just lost their creative mojo.

Page 96 of 96 « First<93949596
Icon Legend Permissions & Sharing Options Topic Options
Print Topic

Follow
124 Online Now
3 viewable users and 0 hidden plus 121 guests are online now.
Hot Topic
Most recent hot topic is "Bernie Sanders" with 17 replies.
Ad
Recent Topics
FusionBB™ Version 3.2 | ©2003-2018 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.328 seconds.   Total Queries: 333   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT-5). Current time is 10:31 AM