hockey-fights.com
 Page 58 of 58 « First<55565758
Username Post: What Is In/Been In Your DVD Player?        (Topic#533445)
TGR32
hall of famer
Total Posts: 8692
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
03-11-18 08:51 AM - Post#1711538    

In response to bubbalou

• bubbalou Said:
Ron,you are a PARASITE and a big one to say the least,

I know your MO as well,trash us so the few others can come to you,its obvious,to say the least.

The sports collectibles market is much bigger and more lucrative than the crap you preach and try to gather,

Why should people come to you,and just give you collections and all that?

Right reasons,yeah right to preserve and archive,yeah okay,why should anyone who has spent time and money to acquire footage just conveniently hand it over to you.

Nope,this is much better,and its a win win for the person who has such a collection.Once a year you can do a estate sale,and do well dollar wise,

And with the state the game is in,this footage will become much more valuable.

As we've all seen before Nick....sour grapes because I won't feed your business and many of the old school guys come to me. I wish I could tell you the other old school pioneer who reached out to me and gave me his collection this year just to piss you off but I don't want you harassing him too. Some real "Gold" in that collection. Luckily you showed your colors a long time ago and burned those bridges. Enough "gold" and rare stuff where if it got in your hands you'd be working your 10 for 1 trades for "value". Whatever you can do to squeeze as much as you can. Luckily it did not.

You're in this for the wrong reasons. I've never seen anyone (even the guys who sold) post on these boards about the various money making schemes as you do. Do you ever notice most people ignore you on this?

Let's count the schemes shall we?

1) Gathering a group of collectors to from you the money to buy a collection where you all make copies and go off selling and making your profit. You tried to loop me into a couple of these.

2) Your scheme of selling everyone on putting their collections up for an auction. You ever notice that Nick never follows through and puts his own collection up for auction? Why is that Nick? Is it because we both know the market has declined so much in this hobby that you won't get what you think?

3) Trying to knuckle fellow collectors up on deals for a maximum return. The collector thinks he has a deal done and Nick comes back with a last second leverage play to get more out of the deal. What a piece of work.

4) Harassing other old school collectors if they don't want to deal with him. In some cases threatening to go public to try to leverage them.

5) A subscription pay based viewing internet scheme routed through Russia so the league can't touch him for selling a subscription service of their copyright protected material.

6) Setting up a table as card shows aka Scott Webb style to make a profit on copyrighted material.

7) And now this scheme of mass producing "back up's" of his collection to sell under the guise of an "estate sale". Oblivious to the ethics among collectors. If you are buying something under the promotion that it is their collection and not "back up's that should be disclosed. Since Nick isn't the most ethical guy to deal with I doubt you're going to get that disclosure. What a "shyster" move Nick.

As a serious collector, why would I spend any serious money on a collection if you don't have exclusivity? If a collector is only selling mass production amounts copies of his collection to several people why invest any money? All it takes is a another person to grab that collection and start uploading the collection for free onto YT. It would have no trade value once it gets to YT. Or I can just wait until it gets in the hands of a fellow trader and make a trade for it. Save myself some money and work a trade.

Here's the deal nick,

I have never made one cent off this hobby and I'm happy with that. I've spent tens of thousands of dollars in it but I never got into this hobby to make any money.

I can even understand guys selling to break even with their expenses, I have friends in the hobby who have done this. But you?

No one, and I mean no one in the hobby talks about openly profiting from it. Now I know most of it is mostly BS, you trying to sell the board on a canard. To this date, You have not cashed in and put your collection up for auction, no internet site routed through Russia, When you came back to Canada and pitched your collection to the news stations you came away empty.

Not to mention you are not an honest person nor an ethical one to deal with. I know of several people who won't deal with you because of your tactics and most of the people on this board (sans the greedy Russian who is also promoting his subscription based YT channel) ignore you and your schemes.

Part of the reason a lot of your channels have dried up is because of how you have dealt with people.

Me? I secured 3 very large collections this year from some very notable old school collectors. And I've got some interesting prospects going into the new year.

Maybe if you weren't such a dink people like myself wouldn't avoid dealing with you like the plague. Guys like you.....with your tactics and schemes to bleed every last cent out of it are a cancer to this hobby.

"So happy I decided to become a Seahawks fan."

Kanrok quitting on the Bears November 2016

TGR32
hall of famer
Total Posts: 8692
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
03-11-18 10:59 AM - Post#1711542    

In response to bubbalou

• bubbalou Said:

Why should people come to you,and just give you collections and all that?

Who says anyone just gives me anything?

This is something you just don't understand. You seem to be under the impression that I low ball people. I'm not like you, I don't need to solicit other collectors to front me money on a collection like you do. I can afford this on my own if its worth it to me.

A lot of these guys have been friends with me in the hobby for years. With me its simple, easy, safe and I'm trustworthy unlike a sleaze peddler like yourself.

A lot of guys who have over the years have posted many positive comments about dealing with me....yourself included until I rebuffed your efforts to have me sell to you over a collection you lost out on.

They reach out to me, I ask what they are looking for? They often set the terms...not me. I don't haggle or harass them like you do. I don't try to leverage them for a better deal like you do. Sometimes they ask what I think its worth to me and I'll tell them. There are many collections out there (such as yours) that aren't really worth it to me. In the end if we can arrive at something we are both comfortable with, its works for both of us. If It doesn't, I don't harass people like you do. I've had people tell me not to disclose anything to you because they don't want to deal with your tactics.

But no....no one has to give me anything to me. As I've stated before, I don't have to bring a group of collectors in on a deal to front money for me to get a collection. I can afford it on my own without any help. And they don;'t have to if they don't want to, but there have been several who have walked away happy dealing with me. The only person who didn't was you because I refused to sell to you.

The one thing they do get in me over you is the satisfaction that it is going to a collector who is in it for the right reasons. Not some sleaze peddler looking to maximize and leverage people for maximum return and profit.

And yes there have been times where guys where not looking to cash in. They were happy their collections were going to someone who was in this hobby for the right reasons. I was more than willing to send them more than what they were asking. I've even offered to send them more. They said they were all set.

Most guys in this hobby are not like you. Most guys are not in this for a business. You are a lost soul when it comes to what this hobby is all about.

Again buddy, you'e just jealous because I've got a better track record in this hobby than you do and I refuse to feed your business. You have only yourself to blame with your cutthroat ways.

Your attacks on me are out of jealousy because several old timers have come to me and I won't deal with you. I'm simply warning other collectors to beware of dealing with you so they may avoid the hassle others (including myself) have experienced.

I'm also calling BS on your sleaze peddling sports memorabilia ambitions. The next one of your schemes that you post on these boards that pays off will be your first.

"So happy I decided to become a Seahawks fan."

Kanrok quitting on the Bears November 2016

bubbalou
regular
Total Posts: 225
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
03-15-18 02:54 PM - Post#1711630    

In response to TGR32

Ron,

I am not worried at all,about your warnings and all that,

I know the market very well,and there will be more of a demand for such footage as the quality and the ever changing game of hockey goes down the drain.

Youtube will never have everything on there,and as I acquire more rare games and all that,I will have a variety of inventory to offer all fans and collectors alike.

There is lots and lots of room for the collection to be marketed as a hobby and making a few dollars as well.

Think about it,with the quality of the game at all levels,access to the golden era of footage and people wanting to see those games and fights will ever so increase.

I have my own gold Ron,and I know full well what it is worth.

As more and more people get out and yes they send the stuff to you,there will be just 1-2 guys who would be able to market and get good return on it.

I am not going to auction off anything nor have any estate sales what so ever.

I know what I have,and yes I will do very well with it.

Brawler
hall of famer
Total Posts: 7638
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       

03-24-18 06:42 AM - Post#1711825    

In response to bubbalou

Yes I gave fightguy about 3000 games,I kept about 2000 games myself..
"Yeah I Did Beat Up a Girl Goalie,And I'm Damn Proud Of It"....Brawler....1982

http://www.oldtimesports.net/users/Brawler/index.asp

the hammer
superstar
Total Posts: 3941
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
03-24-18 03:13 PM - Post#1711844    

In response to Brawler

Montreal vs Toronto 4-14-1960 Game 4

the hammer
superstar
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
04-06-18 11:10 PM - Post#1712073    

In response to the hammer

Edmonton vs Philadelphia 1-14-82

the hammer
superstar
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
04-11-18 11:50 PM - Post#1712198    

Philadelphia vs Minnesota 5-6-80 Game 4

the hammer
superstar
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
05-05-18 11:33 PM - Post#1713044    

Phil vs LA 2-5-83

Garry Howatt

Derek Sanderson Center Of Attention, fights, interviews

Detroit vs Buffalo 11-12-80

Stl vs NY Rangers 4-24-81 Game 6

Brawler
hall of famer
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       

05-06-18 10:12 AM - Post#1713057    

North Stars vs Blackhawks 4/6/91 game 2
Fights and scrums

Edited by Brawler on 05-06-18 10:13 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

the hammer
superstar
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
05-22-18 02:02 PM - Post#1713780    

In response to Brawler

Pittsburgh vs Vancouver 1-9-77

Pittsburgh vs Toronto 4-7-77 Gm 2

Brawler
hall of famer
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       

06-11-18 07:33 PM - Post#1714080    

Flames vs Canadians 5/22/86 gm 4

Lions vs Packers 12/4/77 WK 12

the hammer
superstar
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
06-14-18 12:09 AM - Post#1714145    

In response to Brawler

Detroit vs Toronto 12-22-79

Detroit vs Washington 4-5-81

Jim Kyte

Brawler
hall of famer
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       

06-25-18 07:56 PM - Post#1714330    

Red Wings vs North Stars 3/2/85 fights/brawl 112 pims

Canucks vs Rangers 1/7/82

Edited by Brawler on 06-25-18 07:58 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Page 58 of 58 « First<55565758
Icon Legend Permissions & Sharing Options Topic Options
Print Topic

Follow
121 Online Now
3 viewable users and 0 hidden plus 118 guests are online now.
Ad
Recent Topics
FusionBB™ Version 3.2 | ©2003-2018 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.234 seconds.   Total Queries: 236   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT-5). Current time is 05:20 PM