hockey-fights.com
 Page 1 of 2 All12
Username Post: LOL - Chris Christie (NJ Gov) Ratings at a all time high!        (Topic#535843)
GOON 21
all star
Total Posts: 2359
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
04-12-12 07:00 AM - Post#1427144    

Hmmmmm just found a interesting note

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/christie_popularit y_at_all_time_RIUq26lh...

Sounds like the residents of the state like his policies afterall, shit a politician with a 60% approval rating is not bad at all

daveh8
superstar
Total Posts: 4010
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
04-12-12 09:34 AM - Post#1427202    

In response to GOON 21

he is a colassal douchebag.

HEAVYWEIGHT
hall of famer
Total Posts: 6989
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
04-12-12 09:52 AM - Post#1427210    

In response to daveh8

^^ NO. He is calling it like a Man, not a liberal obama voter Diaper Dave.

USA, "BACK to BACK World War Champs"!

GOON 21
all star
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
04-12-12 10:08 AM - Post#1427218    

In response to daveh8

• daveh8 Said:

Why do you say this?

No trolling by me, (im serious/curious) but just curious why you say that --- is it his policies or his personality or something else?

daveh8
superstar
Total Posts: 4010
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
04-12-12 11:08 AM - Post#1427262    

In response to GOON 21

• GOON 21 Said:
  • daveh8 Said:

Why do you say this?

No trolling by me, (im serious/curious) but just curious why you say that --- is it his policies or his personality or something else?

personality, his sense of entitlement, and the generally obnoxious manner in which he speaks to people.

he'll never be president-never.

Hike
Veteran
Total Posts: 6122
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
04-12-12 12:00 PM - Post#1427291    

In response to daveh8

I'm kinda on the fence with Christie. In many ways, I really like the guy. He's a straight-shooter, he's fiscally conservative and doesn't wilt under the pressure, and is socially liberal enough for me to like him. On the flip side, he can be arrogant, inflexible, and stubborn. In all honesty though, most real leaders have a tendancy to be arrogant, inflexible, and stubborn, lol.

I have to say that I like him more than dislike him.
When you have bacon and eggs for breakfast, the chicken makes a contribution, but the pig makes a committment

hoyda
journeyman
Total Posts: 66
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
04-12-12 12:12 PM - Post#1427297    

In response to daveh8

I'm with you. One of the worst things that could have happened to New Jersey. As a former state employee ( 35 years ), I am appalled by the disrespect that teachers, police officers, and fire fighters have received from this obnoxious individual. Any union person who voted for Christie should have his/her membership and privileges immediately revoked.The last thing our great country needs is Chris Christie. Go BAM!!!!!

Badlands92
legend
Total Posts: 12586
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
04-12-12 12:13 PM - Post#1427298    

In response to hoyda

LOL
I expect to play every day. That's our job. You go out there every day and contribute in some way.

- Jason Kendall, May 5, 2010

rangfan
hall of famer
Total Posts: 9157
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
04-12-12 12:19 PM - Post#1427301    

In response to hoyda

• hoyda Said:
I'm with you. One of the worst things that could have happened to New Jersey. As a former state employee ( 35 years ), I am appalled by the disrespect that teachers, police officers, and fire fighters have received from this obnoxious individual. Any union person who voted for Christie should have his/her membership and privileges immediately revoked.The last thing our great country needs is Chris Christie. Go BAM!!!!!

I assume you're comfortable with public employees getting $100,000/year pensions?
"He is NOT Yankees material. He wouldn't look good in their uniform and doesn't fit the class or work ethic level. I see him as a lazy non pressure environment pitcher."

Huard, on CC

Boivin40
captain
Total Posts: 891
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
04-12-12 01:08 PM - Post#1427323    

In response to rangfan

The way he breaks the balls of the teacher's union is one of the better things about him. There was a time where people took less money to work in the public sector, in exchange for better benefits. Those days are over. Drives me crazy how the teachers (who work 70% of the calendar year) are grouped with the police and firefighters.

Baldridge
hall of famer
Total Posts: 7899
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
04-12-12 05:19 PM - Post#1427480    

In response to rangfan

• rangfan Said:
  • hoyda Said:

I assume you're comfortable with public employees getting $100,000/year pensions?

How many public employees are getting 100,000 a year pensions?......Actually,I think the average NJ Public Employee Pension is 2,200 a month or 26,400 a year....

Don't let the facts distort your Right Wing bullshit....
I don't hate you because you're fat....You're fat because i hate you.......

NYRfan
legend
Total Posts: 26904
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
04-12-12 05:27 PM - Post#1427483    

In response to Baldridge

More than zero's too many, especially when it's derived from all the BS / unethical methods to jack them up to where they don't belong.

Gotta love it. You hate a guy for balancing the budget and making the future better, because your favorite people didn't get their way, and you don't like the way the guy talks.

Liberal America today.

taz
hall of famer
Total Posts: 8801
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
04-12-12 05:42 PM - Post#1427495    

In response to NYRfan

He's one of the few politicians with the sac to tell it like it is without worrying about the flak.
Large Screen Laptop...$600
Internet Service...$50
Reading Johnz's inane homer posts...Priceless

Baldridge
hall of famer
Total Posts: 7899
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
04-12-12 05:55 PM - Post#1427506    

In response to NYRfan

• NYRfan Said:
More than zero's too many, especially when it's derived from all the BS / unethical methods to jack them up to where they don't belong.

Gotta love it. You hate a guy for balancing the budget and making the future better, because your favorite people didn't get their way, and you don't like the way the guy talks.

Liberal America today.

I do agree with one thing you said.I disagree with the last three years average to calculate the lifetime pension.This has been abused by many,who work a ton of OT at the end to bump up their pension.I also agree with the cap of sick time payouts........
I don't hate you because you're fat....You're fat because i hate you.......

Edited by Baldridge on 04-12-12 05:56 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

rangfan
hall of famer
Total Posts: 9157
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
04-12-12 09:11 PM - Post#1427591    

In response to Baldridge

• Baldridge Said:
  • rangfan Said:
  • hoyda Said:

How many public employees are getting 100,000 a year pensions?......Actually,I think the average NJ Public Employee Pension is 2,200 a month or 26,400 a year....

Whoa.... slow your roll there bub, and check the username. My "right wing bullshit"??? I've been a registered Democrat since I turned voting age.

How many public employees are getting $100,000 pensions? Well, this should answer your question (for New Jersey anyway):

OOPS

More than 1,200 former N.J. public employees collect pensions of at least $100,000 annually

TRENTON — The number of retired public employees who collected pensions of $100,000 or more in 2011 has climbed to 1,244, according to a report on New Jersey Watchdog.

The list is topped by former Essex County College president A. Zachary Yamba, whose pension is $195,000 a year.

Former Rutgers athletic director and New Jersey Sports and Exposition Authority head Bob Mulcahy has a pension worth $162,399 annually. He also got a severance package worth about $600,000 when he was fired by Rutgers in 2008.

Retired Ridgefield Park superintendent John Richardson, who gets a pension of $160,418, is third on the list.

The number of retirees who receive at least $100,000 — some of whom have since accepted other public jobs — has grown 28 percent since 2010, the report said.

Among those who have gone that route are New Brunswick police director Anthony Caputo, who "retired" at age 47 to collect a $115,019 per year pension. Caputo was rehired to the same position 15 months later and is paid $120,000 a year on top of his six-figure pension. Caputo also pocketed more than $376,000 in unused sick and vacation time when he "retired."

The $100,000 club includes 383 retirees from the Teachers’ Pension and Annuity Fund, 253 from the Judicial Retirement System and 99 from the Public Employee Retirement System, New Jersey Watchdog reported.

The only appropriate response from you at this point would be "I'm sorry. You're right. I'm wrong."

Who's letting what facts distort what now??
"He is NOT Yankees material. He wouldn't look good in their uniform and doesn't fit the class or work ethic level. I see him as a lazy non pressure environment pitcher."

Huard, on CC

Mike
Administrator
Total Posts: 24455
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
04-12-12 09:11 PM - Post#1427592    

In response to Baldridge

• Baldridge Said:
  • rangfan Said:
  • hoyda Said:

LOL! Rang is a crazy fascist.........

Irons
superstar
Total Posts: 3461
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
04-12-12 09:36 PM - Post#1427607    

In response to Mike

Lol. Christie's got NJ liberals attacking their own. He must be doing a great job.

mtnbiker
hall of famer
Total Posts: 7317
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
04-12-12 10:55 PM - Post#1427621    

In response to Irons

I'm way out here on the West Coast where free-love and bankruptcies rule the roost, so I don't see the daily news on Christie. But I appreciate his no nonsense desire to rein in the way the public sector (fire, police, teachers, etc.) operates.

I have clients that are in public safety and nearly all of them pad their last couple of years of service with extra hours that don't actually exist. Buddies cover buddies and help each other out with creating false time.

If it's Christie's mantra that the system needs fixing and he is going to make everyone honest and accountable, then I'm fine with that.

Out here the state pension system is a disaster, and trying to fire or layoff employees that screw up / don't do their job is nearly impossible. For a system that is supposed to be a public system, the state/county/local entities do whatever they can to keep the doors closed and scrutiny away. That's not right, and if it is Christie's contention that it is abusive in NJ, I hope for all NJ residents that he corrects those wrongs.

"This ends tonight!"
"It's daytime you douche."

Hike
Veteran
Total Posts: 6122
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
04-13-12 06:29 AM - Post#1427688    

In response to Mike

• Mike Said:
  • Baldridge Said:
  • rangfan Said:
  • hoyda Said:

LOL! Rang is a crazy fascist.........

So Rangfan has crossed over to the dark side, lol.

I'd bet a paycheck that this is the first time that Rangfan has ever been mistaken for a right wing loon.

This is what makes FC so great. You can't get comedy gold like this anywhere else, lol.
When you have bacon and eggs for breakfast, the chicken makes a contribution, but the pig makes a committment

GOON 21
all star
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
04-13-12 07:54 AM - Post#1427709    

In response to Hike

• Hike Said:
I'm kinda on the fence with Christie. In many ways, I really like the guy. He's a straight-shooter, he's fiscally conservative and doesn't wilt under the pressure, and is socially liberal enough for me to like him. On the flip side, he can be arrogant, inflexible, and stubborn. In all honesty though, most real leaders have a tendancy to be arrogant, inflexible, and stubborn, lol.

I have to say that I like him more than dislike him.

I would say thats a fair assessment, good post

Sounds like NJ is getting back on track and thats a good thing, its funny that we have some people on the same political ideology crossing paths on this topic and how some see abuse and some see no problem with unions and waste/abuse

Page 1 of 2 All12
Icon Legend Permissions & Sharing Options Topic Options
Print Topic

Follow
42 Online Now
4 viewable users and 2 hidden plus 36 guests are online now.
Hot Topic
Most recent hot topic is "Why?" with 73 replies.
Ad
Recent Topics
FusionBB™ Version 3.2 | ©2003-2014 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.316 seconds.   Total Queries: 350   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT-5). Current time is 03:05 PM