hockey-fights.com
 Page 1 of 6 1234>» Last
Username Post: Obamacare realities...        (Topic#537811)
taz
hall of famer
Total Posts: 8865
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
11-11-12 05:30 PM - Post#1484743    

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/11/11/ceo-pap a-john...
Large Screen Laptop...$600
Internet Service...$50
Reading Johnz's inane homer posts...Priceless

NYRfan
legend
Total Posts: 27146
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
11-11-12 05:38 PM - Post#1484749    

In response to taz

In other shocking news, all Obamacare problems will be blamed on greedy CEO's or George Bush.

Welcome to a rerun of OWS, where nothing would be blamed on the filthy lunatics shitting in the street, stealing, raping, etc.....all the fault of the 'system'.

Welcome to another 4 years of abject stupidity and aggravation.

The Obama orgasm is infinitely shorter this time, yet the fake blame game will grow exponentially.

Idiocracy gains strength.

Posux
Senior Vet
Total Posts: 29637
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
11-11-12 06:35 PM - Post#1484765    

In response to NYRfan

Tough times for the guy.
http://freakoutnation.com/2012/08/09/papa-john- doe...

Mike
Administrator
Total Posts: 24458
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
11-11-12 07:18 PM - Post#1484776    

In response to Posux

there are a lot of businesses talking about this including McDonalds and Darden Restaurants as well. If these companies get hit with material increased costs, its going to come at the expense of the employees, that's a fact. I am trying (and going to continue to try) to not bash Obama. There is no point really, he won again, and this is his last term and his success as a president in the 2nd term would actually be for all of our good, so I am keeping my fingers crossed. But Obamacare is a horrible fucking bill, just awful. I am not opposed to nationalized medicine. But this isnt national healthcare, this was a gift to the insurance companies, forcing new members to them with no cost controls. It's honestly a disaster.

Johnny_Upton
Total Posts: 25865
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
11-11-12 07:50 PM - Post#1484785    

In response to Posux

• Posux Said:

Shocking that companies will act rationally
It was down in Louisiana,
Just about a mile from Texarkana,
In them old cotton fields back home.

Spanky3
rookie
Total Posts: 49
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
11-11-12 08:07 PM - Post#1484796    

In response to Mike

• Mike Said:
there are a lot of businesses talking about this including McDonalds and Darden Restaurants as well. If these companies get hit with material increased costs, its going to come at the expense of the employees, that's a fact. I am trying (and going to continue to try) to not bash Obama. There is no point really, he won again, and this is his last term and his success as a president in the 2nd term would actually be for all of our good, so I am keeping my fingers crossed. But Obamacare is a horrible fucking bill, just awful. I am not opposed to nationalized medicine. But this isnt national healthcare, this was a gift to the insurance companies, forcing new members to them with no cost controls. It's honestly a disaster.

That's not a fact its a theory of what you predict will happen. Now it very well could happen but its not a fact.

What could also happen is companies increase their prices which is more likely.

Mike
Administrator
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
11-11-12 08:14 PM - Post#1484797    

In response to Spanky3

Or a combination of the two. And I don't think it's a theory, the companies have already announced they are going to have to make changes, and I referenced two companies have already announced doing it. So that's a fact. Jack.

Spanky3
rookie
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
11-11-12 08:26 PM - Post#1484800    

In response to Mike

• Mike Said:
Or a combination of the two. And I don't think it's a theory, the companies have already announced they are going to have to make changes, and I referenced two companies have already announced doing it. So that's a fact. Jack.

No,its not a fact. If Kansas State says they are going to win the college football championship does that make it a fact? I think not!

Just because somebody says they are going to do something in the future doesn't make it a fact, Jack.

Spike
legend
Total Posts: 10710
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
11-11-12 08:40 PM - Post#1484802    

In response to Spanky3

Hmmmmm.
I see orange people.

Mike
Administrator
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
11-11-12 08:46 PM - Post#1484804    

In response to Spanky3

• Spanky3 Said:
  • Mike Said:

No,its not a fact. If Kansas State says they are going to win the college football championship does that make it a fact? I think not!

Just because somebody says they are going to do something in the future doesn't make it a fact, Jack.

That's a terrible analogy.

Spanky3
rookie
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
11-11-12 09:23 PM - Post#1484822    

In response to Mike

• Mike Said:
  • Spanky3 Said:
  • Mike Said:

That's a terrible analogy.

Thats a pretty bold opinion considering you think that just because someone says something that its a fact.

I guess you thought it was a fact when Romney said he was going to win the election

Mike
Administrator
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
11-11-12 09:26 PM - Post#1484823    

In response to Spanky3

Another terrible analogy. I am scared you don't even understand why.

Spanky3
rookie
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
11-11-12 09:29 PM - Post#1484825    

In response to Mike

• Mike Said:

You should be scared of many things, afterall you think that just because someone says something its a fact.

Cotton
Total Posts: 27596
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
11-11-12 09:31 PM - Post#1484828    

In response to Posux

• Posux Said:

"No man in the wrong can stand up against a fellow that's in the right an keeps on a-comin."
-creed of Texas Ranger Captain W. J. McDonald

Panzerrat
hall of famer
Total Posts: 8210
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
11-11-12 09:33 PM - Post#1484830    

In response to Cotton

Is this when I mention that Peyton Manning bought 21 Papa John franchises here in Denver?
"You call this bad? I'll tell you what bad is....Bad is passing test depth at 80 feet per second with a thirty degree down bubble. Compared to that, this is a walk in the park."

Mike
Administrator
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
11-11-12 09:38 PM - Post#1484831    

In response to Spanky3

• Spanky3 Said:
  • Mike Said:

You should be scared of many things, afterall you think that just because someone says something its a fact.

Once again, you don't understand the basic difference between someone making a prediction versus a corporation declaring a corporate action.

Oh, let me close with your specialty.........

Cotton
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
11-11-12 09:43 PM - Post#1484832    

In response to Panzerrat

• Panzerrat Said:
Is this when I mention that Peyton Manning bought 21 Papa John franchises here in Denver?

He probably did that because of the new pot laws there. lol
"No man in the wrong can stand up against a fellow that's in the right an keeps on a-comin."

Kanrok
legend
Total Posts: 16488
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
11-11-12 09:43 PM - Post#1484833    

In response to Panzerrat

• Panzerrat Said:

Is this where I mention that Peyton is a genius seeing as how Colorado voted for personal use of weed?
If you believe what you like in the Gospels, and reject what you don't like, it is not the Gospel you believe, but yourself. - St. Augustine

Mike
Administrator
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
11-11-12 09:46 PM - Post#1484834    

In response to Cotton

• Cotton Said:
  • Posux Said:

Do you guys even look up basic business info before making these comments? Pappa John's is mainly a franchise business (3,200 franchise stores versus 600 corporate stores- approximately). So the pappa john's guy in the article specifically mentioned the franchises, and he's probably right, after all he talks to the franchisees. Whether this guy lives on a palace on the moon or in a shack is irrelevant. What's relevant is the impact Obamacare is going to have on costs for the franchise owners.

Here is their annual report if you want to understand their business model a little better before diverting attention away from the issue instead of about "Big Poppa".

http://ir.papajohns.com/secfiling.cfm?filingID=115...

Cotton
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
11-11-12 09:51 PM - Post#1484836    

In response to Mike

Once again my humor escapes you and you get all serious when I was just posting a funny picture that is related that I saw on another site.

Page 1 of 6 1234>» Last
Icon Legend Permissions & Sharing Options Topic Options
Print Topic

Follow
51 Online Now
5 viewable users and 0 hidden plus 46 guests are online now.
Hot Topic
Most recent hot topic is "Canadian soldier shot at war memorial in ottawa" with 39 replies.
Ad
Recent Topics
FusionBB™ Version 3.2 | ©2003-2014 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.345 seconds.   Total Queries: 353   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT-5). Current time is 08:25 PM