hockey-fights.com
 Page 1 of 3 All123
Username Post: 2012-13 QMJHL Possibles and Fights        (Topic#537828)
Vile79
superstar
Total Posts: 3399
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       

11-14-12 09:46 AM - Post#1485349    

Haven`t followed this league much, so those who do might give some insight how things are in the La Belle Province.
Nevins is the only name i know, thanks to his OHL days.

Here is a fight from Sunday night that inspired me to make this tread.
Good spirited bout between Banville and Ratelle(any relation to Jean?):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7CefF8lXY0&a mp;fea...

And if there is a Q thread, feel free to merge them.
Life is a joke. "God,is the Asylum of Ignorance."
My Gameworn Collection .
FREE TREVOR GILLIES

juha82
hall of famer
Total Posts: 9578
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
11-14-12 10:52 AM - Post#1485371    

In response to Vile79

Draw for me although player with red jersey got in more shots but looked like his late-shots didnt reached well to the mark.
So that why a draw for me.

Vile79
superstar
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       

11-14-12 11:59 AM - Post#1485383    

In response to juha82

Here is the first QMJHL fight for Jack Nevins:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_ embedd...

The P.E.I crowd will be pleased, and speaking of P.E.I The league leader is on their team too.
This little kid called Patrick McGrath, here is few of his tilts:
TKO WIN 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GfAoQwbNG4o&a mp;fea...
TKO WIN 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ce1sREY2raA&a mp;fea...
TKO WIN 3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_ embedd...
My Gameworn Collection .
FREE TREVOR GILLIES

Edited by Vile79 on 11-14-12 12:08 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

ILB
superstar
Total Posts: 3865
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       

11-14-12 02:58 PM - Post#1485491    

In response to Vile79

I already posted most of those Vile. McGrath has been better recently, (last few fights) but he was a punching bag for the better part of a year and a half. PEI has been openly pro fighting since their debut in PEI and are using Nevins and McGrath on the same line. Nevins looked good in the OHL last year against their big boys and should be much better overall than McGrath.
"The Hand is fine, I got a shot of chromosome yesterday."

John Kordic on the status of his hand.

Drunk_24-7
legend
Total Posts: 16574
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
11-15-12 03:04 AM - Post#1485631    

In response to ILB

That Banville vs. Ratille fight was the best I've seen out of the Q this year.

The league's been terrible for fights and getting worse since Brett Gallant left really. Him, then Bernard behind him, Marshall Worden, many of these guys couldn't even hold a roster spot for their final year because it's all about finess pussies for the most part in the league. Alex Gallant was a guy Boobs turned me onto last year and he was fucking awesome but he's back in the Maritime league this year and so is Grant West who was the other half of the fights of the year rivalry he and Gallant had going, again no room. Interestingly though PEI continues to buck the trend with this McGrath kid and now Nevins. McGrath seems to have improved dramatically since the start of the year and he's got the old school willingness with a dozen fights already. That'd have him suspended in the O for Christ sake. He went with Cape Breton's Blake Millman tonight. It'll be interesting to see how he fared there. Millman's probably the toughest guy in the league or at least the most dangerous. He has huge power and is a massive dude. He has little to no defense and suspect balance though. Not too many guys want to fight him so he hasn't really improved or rounded out the technical aspect of his fighting because he can't really find too many willing opponents in the league these days. Love the fact that McGrath took him on. PEI should call Gallant back up and stick him on that line on the left wing with McGrath on the right and Nevins at Center and let the boys just tear what's left of the league up. Good for the Rocket for being basically the lone bright spot in a league that's gone to the shitter.
"To be honest, even though he lost, Hendricks did a better job of enforcing than most heavyweight enforcers do." - Peatycap

Not only is the NHL totally fucked it's fans are out to lunch now as well

Vile79
superstar
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       

11-15-12 05:55 PM - Post#1485855    

In response to Drunk_24-7

Sorry boobs i did not search enough. But maybe now all this season scuffles can be found under one thread.

So the Q has not leaped in to that, 10 fights and your out train, that is at least a good thing.

McGrath looked quite good on those fights i´v seen, he exposes the larger guys weaknesses and exploits them to his advantage. The smaller guys seem to be his problem.

Too bad if the league if going to the shitter, well still it seems that this is the place for the future LNAH pros.
My Gameworn Collection .
FREE TREVOR GILLIES

Drunk_24-7
legend
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
11-16-12 11:25 PM - Post#1486154    

In response to Vile79

Here's the McGrath vs. Millman fight from the other night. Nothing too special. Millman won but McGrath held his own. He didn't hesitate to go right after the big fella. Millman jacked him with a couple haymakers including a nice uppercut but McGrath did well to stay in tight so Millman didn't have too much room to operate. He also landed a real nice shot of his own on Millman who has no defense whatsoever before he fell over with Millman on top. They stated tight and McGrath fell down before it really got going good but he got his licks in, let Millman know he was in a fight and only took a few shots himself so it was a pretty good showing against one of the more dangerous guys he'll have to deal with in the whole league so all in all, I think it was a pretty good job by McGrath. Win Millman though.

Eagles picked up a new guy Jakub Culek from the Czech Republic and he took on Jimmy Oligny I guess to try and show his new teammates that just because he's a Euro doesn't mean he's a pussy. He didn't do a very good job proving his point though as Oligny basically had his way with him until the linesmen jumped in to save him. He didn't really get hit with anything devestating though so props to him for manning up and giving it the ol E for effort. Easy Win Oligny.

"To be honest, even though he lost, Hendricks did a better job of enforcing than most heavyweight enforcers do." - Peatycap

juha82
hall of famer
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
11-17-12 01:12 AM - Post#1486159    

Clear win Oligny(easy to call) as he goes punching over and under and kept control on himself all the time.
And Willman is a narrow winner FOR SURE for better control plus he landed more.

Vile79
superstar
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       

11-18-12 06:55 AM - Post#1486479    

In response to juha82

Three good ones last night. The fourth line of P.E.I showed some good old time hockey action.

First Nevins throws a great hit on Val-d'Or player and then wins the fight that ensues. Clad that he found a place where he is appreciated.
Nevins Vs Comtois:

Few minutes later Pat McGrath boosts up his fighting stats, by fighting with Skyler Spiller another guy that is way bigger than McGrath. WIN for McGrath for better landed shots.
Spiller Vs McGrath

And seconds later the third fight of the fourth line guys. Ottereyes TKO`s Brett Hester. Nice tilt.
Hester Vs Ottereyes

So i found out that the Q gives a game misconduct if you take off your own or oppositions helmet during a fight, that same penalty also comes if you open your chinstrap, how lame is that!

WHL does not have so strict helmet rules or do they?
My Gameworn Collection .
FREE TREVOR GILLIES

juha82
hall of famer
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
11-18-12 07:32 AM - Post#1486481    

In response to Vile79

Spiller vs McGrath is a clear draw.
Easy to call.
Good going as they got their hand going on pretty well from the start to the end, some landed, some missed the target.

ILB
superstar
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       

11-18-12 04:44 PM - Post#1486542    

In response to juha82

Should rename the thread to PEI Rocket 2012-2013, it's all PEI highlights so far.

Vile79
superstar
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       

11-18-12 06:25 PM - Post#1486566    

In response to ILB

Well the first fight was not a PEI fight.
My Gameworn Collection .
FREE TREVOR GILLIES

ILB
superstar
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       

11-19-12 04:58 PM - Post#1486730    

In response to Vile79

The next 9 were though

Vile79
superstar
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       

11-23-12 04:04 PM - Post#1487856    

In response to ILB

Great fight from Wednesday. Kyle Haas (Moncton) Vs Blake Millman (Cape Breton).

The fight starts at about 1:40 mark. Nice TKO win for Haas!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-fNPCv-YbLw&a mp;fea...
My Gameworn Collection .
FREE TREVOR GILLIES

Edited by Vile79 on 11-23-12 04:05 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Drunk_24-7
legend
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
11-23-12 08:22 PM - Post#1487874    

In response to Vile79

Beat me to it Vile. I've been waiting to see this since hearing about it Wednesday. I just saw it and came to share the video and you're way ahead of me. It was one of those fights where the expectations were high based on the hearsay and the fight itself actually exceeded the expectations. What a friggin TKO by Haas.

I've been waiting for this to happen to Millman as I've stated a few times in this thread, he has absolutely zero defense when he fights. He's so big though that with the watered down Q field I was wondering if he would get caught in the Q or if it'd take until he went pro to learn you can't stick you're chin out all the time. That was text book fighting 101 by Haas. They started out pretty even in the exchange and Haas surprised him with the 3 nice lefts, but Millman then answered with a big right, and that's what he always does, just stands in the pocket and looks to hit you back harder with no respect at all for his opponents power. He's often taken some good shots but usually he lands better with the size and reach advantage he typically enjoys. But what Haas did here was pull a well timed seamless switch as Millman seemed to think he recovered from the lefts and found range to outslug him in a left vs. righty exchange, Haas changed it up and fucking corked him with a big right haymaker right on the button that stopped Millman in his tracks and then he buried him with three more of them all equally vicious, unanswered and right on the mark for the AWESOME TKO victory. That was as solid a heavyweight tilt as you'll see in the QMJHL these days and Haas should great skills as a fighter the way he timed that switch and just obliterated the bigger man from the inside position with that series of rights down the pipe. Haas is awesome. Millman will have 2 months to the day to recover and prepare for a Dec 21st rematch as with a win that dominant and decisive to go along with an undefeated season thus far, I think Kyle Haas has gotta be your QMJHL champ to this point. He's from New Brunswick too. Played last season in the Dub and didn't seem to be a huge factor but he held his own last year as a 17 year old and has been awesome thus far in the Q this season. Love the way he can make such good use of both hands. He should only get better as he fills out. It's a good thing cause somebody's gotta contend with that PEI Rocket crew. Nice to see the Cats and Eagles setting up what should be a great heavyweight rivalry the rest of the season. Awesome TKO win by Haas.

Drunk_24-7
legend
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
11-24-12 02:17 AM - Post#1487909    

Looks like PEI got word the focus had moved off of them in our thread here after the Millman/Haas fight so Patty McGrath went out and took the focus back with a barn burner of a battle with Gabe Verpaelst. McGrath started out well four rights, working a bit of over-under action slipping the uppercuts and coming over the top. Then Verpaelst came roaring back with his right hand and then switched to the left and threw a couple that seemed to get smothered by McGrath's grip arm. McGrath snuck in a nice left on the switch himself and then went back to his right and they went toe to toe with the right hands for about a half a dozen punches. McGrath seemed to begin to take over and Verpaelst began to fade or gas a bit. He tried to switch back to his left hand but McGrath tagged him with two more big rights, the first looked to land real well, the second seemed to glance off the top of the helmet but it put Verpaelst down to his knees and ended the fight. I dunno if it was clear cut knockdown as Verpaelst seemed to be starting to battle some balance issues and fatigue but the last two punches by McGrath definatly got a piece of him and certainly helped him a long if he was looking for the exits. Clear Win for McGrath in a great toe to toe slugfest where Patty was again giving up some significant size but still mananged to overcome that and have a great showing scoring an impressive win over the bigger guy. (Fight starts at the 15 second mark)

Drunk_24-7
legend
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
11-27-12 01:44 AM - Post#1488558    

Nearly a bench brawl at the end of the Drakkar vs. Sea Dogs game over the weekend. Vanier of Baie Comeau gave it to Mike Mastrangelo after the horn and with both teams having come off the bench there was some pushing and shoving and a potential powder keg but with the pussfied state of the league cooler heads of course prevailed. Couldda gotten awesome, but well, it didn't.

Drunk_24-7
legend
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
11-29-12 01:24 AM - Post#1489136    

Patty McGrath at it again for PEI, not a great fight here but another win for McGrath, this time over Matt Boudens

ILB
superstar
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       

12-02-12 07:59 PM - Post#1490052    

5 fights in two games for the Rocket this weekend. On Saturday Pat McGrath fought Tommy Veilleux. It wasn't much as Veilleux didn't want to open up and was holding on to McGrath's right hand while McGrath tried to work himself free. McGrath couldn't get free and Veilleux only wanted to hold on... Draw.

Jack Nevins fought Jonathan Diaby and it was a really good scrap. Nevins and Diaby went toe to toe and Nevins lost the bucket early. Both guys were throwing big shots and landing. They exchanged rights and than Nevins went lefty with ease and landed a BIG shot with the left that clearly hurt Diaby, even though he still had his helmet on. Both guys went toe to toe again and both guys landed hard shots before they separated. Nevins was reaching back in to engage and it looked like they were going to keep up this beauty and the linesmen grabbed Nevins from behind and prevented the fight from continuing. The active linesmen in the QMJHL this year are beyond worthless. This Nevins kid looks really good when he drops the gloves. He's got power in both hands and seems to be able to switch up without any slowing down.

There were 3 fights today against Cape Breton. McGrath took on Blake Millman, Nevins fought Raphael Corriveau and Louick Marcotte fought Justin Hache. I haven't seen these ones yet so I can't comment.

Drunk_24-7
legend
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
12-02-12 11:44 PM - Post#1490072    

In response to ILB

That Nevins vs. Diaby fight was electric. If the linesmen let it continue from the break for a second round it probably would have been a sure fire fight of the year candidate, as it was, it's gotta be top 5 from the Q this season. Nevins was all over him at the start and then Diaby came roaring back, then they just went toe toe toe, shot for shot, rockem sockem robot style, Nevins was throwing the bigger shots but was also at the disadvantage of having no shield on allowing Diaby to land probably a bit better. Then they seperated and Nevins waived him on to keep er going dispite having no shield against a guy with one one. That's where the highlight package cuts away, but the linesmen weren't having it eh? Fuckers.

Everyone's gotta see this tilt. It's at the :43 second mark below.

Millman beat McGrath again today, just basially too much size for McGrath to deal with. Millman has no defense and McGrath hits hard for a little fella so I guess he figures he might catch him if he keeps fighting him but Millman was able to lock him out early in this one. Blake Fired off a half a dozen unanswered rights with two good staight left jersey jabs in there as well to start the fight. He was overwhelming McGrath and dropped him to his knees but McGrath popped right back up and smashed Millman in the mouth with two good rights. Millman was able to push him out to distance again as they went toe to toe with about four punches a piece but McGrath began to come up short again while Millman looked to be landing. McGrath then threw a hail mary left and Millman reacted like he was clipped by it as his head snapped back but it looked like the punch missed even though Blake reacted as if it hit him. It looked to me like McGrath's arm was below Millman's chin though. Maybe Blake's still a little Shell shocked from the Haas fight and jerked his head back like that to make sure he got out of the way with like animated sort of panic stricken and awkward head movement, or maybe it did clip him somehow but it looked to me like McGrath's fist sailed under Millman's chin, not on it. Millman kinda threw himself off balance with that head jerk and McGrath tried to get to the inside as Millman was thinking about throwing a final right, instead he kind of turned it into a stiff arm and powered McGrath to the ice for the takedown. If that last shot by Patty clipped him, the fights a lot closer, maybe even a draw, but other than that one shot, it was all Millman, he planted about a half a dozen big shots onto McGrath and I think he took the clear victory. Patty's a warrior though fearless as fuck and getting better ability wise with every fight it would seem. Good scrap. Win Millman.

Page 1 of 3 All123
Icon Legend Permissions & Sharing Options Topic Options
Print Topic

Follow
38 Online Now
4 viewable users and 1 hidden plus 33 guests are online now.
Ad
Recent Topics
FusionBB™ Version 3.2 | ©2003-2014 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.299 seconds.   Total Queries: 340   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT-5). Current time is 09:56 PM