hockey-fights.com
 Page 1 of 2 All12
Username Post: Here are my Team's Worst Fighters        (Topic#537855)
Fotiu
Total Posts: 15729
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
11-16-12 09:00 PM - Post#1486109    

I don't need to tell you I'm a Ranger fan. I'm sure there's a shitload missing from this list, but I had a dream recently where I did a "Worst Fighters Tournament" and it inspired me to think of this very serious, very important issue. Yes, I have too much free time.

Don Jackson
Ryan Hollweg
Steve McKenna
Dave Maloney
Jeff Brubaker
Brandon Dubinsky
Jay Caufield
Lindy Ruff
Phil Bourque
Dale Weise
Aaron Voros
Brian Boyle

In the "Shitting the Bed" Department:

Willi Plett
Cam Connor
Frank Beaton

There's yet another department/gray area where fighters were disappointing or didn't get a decent shot as Rangers, but went on to have (or had) decent careers - Those that I can't describe as having shit the bed:

Gord Dwyer
Eric Cairns
Louie DeBrusk
Is Roy Innis gonna have to choke a bitch?!

TGR32
hall of famer
Total Posts: 6082
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
11-16-12 09:25 PM - Post#1486117    

In response to Fotiu

Good topic Gill

for Boston

Mike fucking Milbury
Keith Crowder
Markwart
Steve Leach
Nazarov
Featherstone

Loved Odgers but he took some beatings that one year.

Sandy McCarthy was all done when we got him.

Add Al Pederson and Hall Gill to this list. Gill who Juha had in his top 500 or something like that. Because he got lucky and survived Kocur.

Brant Myhress farted out before he even got started.

Banks got crushed by Grimson and didn't really set the world on fire with the other guys. Still, I wished he got more of a shot to see what he could do in the long term.

Al May didn't do that much in his limited call up.

I think Billy Huard got a call up for 2 games with 0 Pim's.

Wished the Shoe got more time in but he didn't set the world on fire either.

Fotiu
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
11-16-12 10:15 PM - Post#1486129    

In response to TGR32

Milbury was brutal. But Featherstone was that bad? I'm not questioning you as a Bruin fan - I always thought that he was pretty good, but I didn't see him play every night like you did.

I always liked Nevin Marwart. That guy had balls of steel. He didn't win them all, but he seemed fearless and would go with anyone. Plus, he wore a goofy helmet.

coalinga
all star
Total Posts: 1347
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
11-17-12 02:24 AM - Post#1486166    

In response to Fotiu

For Boston.

From TGRs list I'll emphasize Steve Leach and add Brent Hughes. Without double checking I can't remember a win in Boston? I'm sure there's some but even with my crappy memory that says something about Hughes.

juha82
hall of famer
Total Posts: 9612
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
11-17-12 04:59 AM - Post#1486178    

In response to coalinga

For Canucks;

Michel Petit(punchibg bag although could held his own against all guys + he was brave toe to toe fighter)

Jamie Huscroft(not big pbag but lost more than wins, tiger by a player and fighter, less fightning skills but pure 110% heart)

Bryan McCabe(more or less pbag but young McCabe was exciting and decent/ok fighter at his best level but i can consider him for decent punching bag IMO...he couldnt beat easily Matt Barnaby which telling the truth about his skills by a fighter and...)

Darby Hendrickson(i know this might be stupid to mention his name but he fought about 2-3x per season, not fighter but could throw about 2-4 fights in a season...lost all of his bouts, pretty bad in a fightning)

Ronnie Stern(lost more than wins, but not pbag though but lost more for sure)

TGR32
hall of famer
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
11-17-12 05:49 AM - Post#1486182    

In response to Fotiu

The only good Featherstone fight I can remember is the one he had with Chris Simon...which I think Simon still ended up winning. Good team guy who showed up but I don't think he was that good of a fighter with Boston.

TGR32
hall of famer
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
11-17-12 05:50 AM - Post#1486183    

In response to coalinga

• coalinga Said:
For Boston.

From TGRs list I'll emphasize Steve Leach and add Brent Hughes. Without double checking I can't remember a win in Boston? I'm sure there's some but even with my crappy memory that says something about Hughes.

The one good one I can remember with Hughes was when he was called up in the 91-92 season and went with Odgers.

coalinga
all star
Total Posts: 1347
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
11-17-12 07:20 AM - Post#1486195    

In response to TGR32

I'll have to say though, although I put Leach and Hughes on top of my worst fighters-list I actually don't dislike them in anyway. For a few seasons after Byers was gone they, sadly, where the go to guys in Boston together with Huscroft. They never backed down. The results in the fights is a whole other matter of course...

cashman rulz
legend
Total Posts: 12361
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
11-17-12 07:20 AM - Post#1486196    

In response to TGR32

Markwart was a killer!

daveh8
superstar
Total Posts: 4017
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
11-17-12 08:57 AM - Post#1486211    

In response to cashman rulz

the NHL career of frank beaton will go down as an all time mystery in my book...just a total fucking pussy who never did a thing except get his ass kicked with the rangers....totally intimidated and scared out there.....

Drewman
Total Posts: 4256
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       

11-17-12 09:41 AM - Post#1486223    

In response to daveh8

Pittsburgh has a storied history of shitty fighters. Note this is only during my lifetime, so anything before the mid 1980's won't be on here.

Jay Caulfield. Big and useless.

Rod Buskas. I just never liked the guy.

Dan Frawley. Props for having a pair the size of Saturn, but when your biggest win is bloodying Peter Taglianetti... You know you're bad when Jay Caulfield is brought in to replace you.

Richard Zemlak. Getting hammered by John Kordic in his NHL debut as a Nord should have been a harbinger of things to come. And yet, he played another four seasons.

Steve Dykstra. For no other reason than that he lost to that big gazorp Kjell Samuelsson.

Jim Kyte. Good in Winnipeg. Terrible post-Kocur.

Peter Taglianetti. Edgy defenseman who lost his edge in Pittsburgh.

Grant Jennings. As bad as he was in Pittsburgh, he was even worse in Hartford. Think about that a while. Props for cutting Tie Domi. I'm not sure he won a fight until 1993.

Chris Tamer. The guy just seemed to get worse as his career went on.

Jim McKenzie in the 1994-95 season. He had a pair of great ones late in 93-94, but was as bland as tofu in 94-95.

Dave Roche. Big and useless.

Alex Hicks. Not a fighter per se, but he had a few. Must have been hated by his teammates because his first three fights after getting shipped out came against Penguins in a 4-day span. He jumped Alexei Kovalev in the first one, then Neil Wilkinson KO'ed him in the final.

Tyler Wright. Christ, those late 90's teams were soft.

Steve McKenna. Big and useless.

Billy Tibbetts. The hype this kid had coming into the NHL was ridiculous. Just got out of prison. 4% body fat. Tough guy who could score in the WHL and ECHL. Definitely has a screw loose. Then he lost to Dave Reid.

Kelly Buchberger. God love him, the guy was willing as all hell his entire career from his first game to his last. But he was a shell of his former self by the time he hit Pittsburgh. And when your full self isn't too good to start with, you can imagine how bad that shell is.
"Doyou like to tlaking about abstcrat theory?" - Stockfan

MANDARINFIST! ONIONHELL!! DANGERBLIMP!!!

http://dfwautographs.blogspot.com

Engine33
superstar
Total Posts: 2695
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
11-17-12 10:49 AM - Post#1486236    

In response to Drewman

Pretty good write up Drewman. I personally Loved Tyler Wright, and still consider him to be one of my fav pens of all time. The guy was average, but was all heart, fought Peter Worrell for christ sakes!!!

Hike
Veteran
Total Posts: 6184
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
11-17-12 10:56 AM - Post#1486239    

In response to Fotiu

• Gill Said:
I don't need to tell you I'm a Ranger fan. I'm sure there's a shitload missing from this list, but I had a dream recently where I did a "Worst Fighters Tournament" and it inspired me to think of this very serious, very important issue. Yes, I have too much free time.

Don Jackson

Don Jackson??? You mean the guy that beat Behn Wilson?
When you have bacon and eggs for breakfast, the chicken makes a contribution, but the pig makes a committment

Edited by Hike on 11-17-12 10:57 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Fotiu
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
11-17-12 11:21 AM - Post#1486243    

In response to Hike

Not as a Ranger he didn't ; )

juha82
hall of famer
Total Posts: 9612
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
11-17-12 11:57 AM - Post#1486245    

In response to Fotiu

Florida Panthers;

Matt Bradley(terrible fighter more, bad physic, can get controlled well with a physically way)

Bryan McCabe(quite bad in a Florida)

Kirk Muller(not a fighter per se but could throw about 3-5 per season, very awful IMO)

John Jakopin(big as hell but very bad for his size... more of a hugger)

Colorado Avalanche;

Warren Rychel(terrible fighter for sure, techinque is decent but weak from his physic)

REne Corbet(pretty awful in a fightning...)

Jeff Odgers(almost pbag...losses more than wins)

David Koci(not terrible but for his size not best enforcer/heavyweight...losses more than wins but he is the guy who shouldnt be on this list but i still mentioned his name as he has flopped more for lossing to all elite guys usually, but clearly better in a fightning than Rychel and narrowly better than Odgers as well)

Chris Dingman(huggybear, very kind souled fighter was...punch and falling...)

Hike
Veteran
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
11-17-12 12:41 PM - Post#1486254    

In response to Fotiu

• Gill Said:

I think there is still some lingering doubt that he ever did it as an Oiler either. LOL.
When you have bacon and eggs for breakfast, the chicken makes a contribution, but the pig makes a committment

Fotiu
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
11-17-12 01:06 PM - Post#1486261    

In response to Hike

• Hike Said:
  • Gill Said:

I think there is still some lingering doubt that he ever did it as an Oiler either. LOL.

Ah, I totally missed the sarcasm.........You went all stealth on me, LOL. Also, I'm not that bright.

Hike
Veteran
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
11-17-12 01:21 PM - Post#1486268    

In response to Fotiu

• Gill Said:
  • Hike Said:
  • Gill Said:

Ah, I totally missed the sarcasm.........You went all stealth on me, LOL. Also, I'm not that bright.

Yeah, I would have posted one of those stir the pot emoticons, but I'm not bright enough to know how, lol.

ILB
superstar
Total Posts: 3958
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       

11-17-12 03:11 PM - Post#1486312    

In response to juha82

Kirk Muller?!

He had about 3 fights ever for the Panthers!!!!
"The Hand is fine, I got a shot of chromosome yesterday."

John Kordic on the status of his hand.

Cotton
Total Posts: 27596
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
11-17-12 03:13 PM - Post#1486314    

In response to ILB

I think Scott Daniels 96-97 season was probably the worst of any player ever, let alone the Flyers.
"No man in the wrong can stand up against a fellow that's in the right an keeps on a-comin."
-creed of Texas Ranger Captain W. J. McDonald

Page 1 of 2 All12
Icon Legend Permissions & Sharing Options Topic Options
Print Topic

Follow
71 Online Now
3 viewable users and 0 hidden plus 68 guests are online now.
Hot Topic
Most recent hot topic is "Canadian soldier shot at war memorial in ottawa" with 39 replies.
Ad
Recent Topics
FusionBB™ Version 3.2 | ©2003-2014 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.35 seconds.   Total Queries: 347   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT-5). Current time is 10:13 AM