hockey-fights.com
Username Post: Crossfire Hurricane......        (Topic#537870)
HenryHanson
superstar
Total Posts: 2795
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
11-18-12 11:51 PM - Post#1486610    

A very entertaining documentary of The Rolling Stones. If you are like me and were/are a huge fan of theirs and have spent years reading, watching and hearing them you would enjoy this immensely. It explains and shows by interviews and concert footage the phenomena of the people in need to identify with the energy they brought to their shows. It shows the steady decline of Brian Jones to drugs, and how really frightening Atlamont was. If one has read "Up and Down with The Rolling Stones" which came out in the early '80's he may recognize the tambourine/groupie story on the jet. If he hasn't then trust me there is some personal footage in this. They did a great job in showing us the personality of the band based on its guitarist. In the early days it was Jones being the accomplished musician in a blues band. Later they transformed into "The Greatest Rock n Roll Band in the World" with Mick Taylor. Then with Ron Wood they became very mainstream yet still great.

PuckRogue
Total Posts: 31642
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
11-23-12 08:19 PM - Post#1487873    

In response to HenryHanson

Watching it now. I was curious to see if this was Cocksucker Blues footage and it appears that's the case. Some crazy footage.

-PR
Bee-dee Bee-dee Bee-dee

PuckRogue
Total Posts: 31642
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
11-23-12 10:00 PM - Post#1487888    

In response to PuckRogue

After all these years, I had no idea that the Hells Angels were so justified in killing Hunter at Altamont.

-PR
Bee-dee Bee-dee Bee-dee

Fotiu
Total Posts: 15729
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
11-24-12 10:31 AM - Post#1487942    

In response to PuckRogue

I was surpised too - I always thought that the gun story was made up by the Angels, whom I don't trust, especially given what they were doing to other people that day.

I also noticed just a couple days ago that Cocksucker Blues is on YouTube. I was disappointed that unlike GImme Shelter, it's really fucking boring.
Is Roy Innis gonna have to choke a bitch?!

hordichukem
all star
Total Posts: 1580
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
11-24-12 12:11 PM - Post#1487965    

In response to Fotiu

I watched this the other night. Favorite part was an interviewer telling a junked up Keith Richards he is on top of a list of people expected to die in the next 6 months. Keith says "I'll let you know". Great fucking answer!

Icon Legend Permissions & Sharing Options Topic Options
Print Topic

Follow
51 Online Now
3 viewable users and 1 hidden plus 47 guests are online now.
Hot Topic
Most recent hot topic is "Palin Brawl" with 21 replies.
Ad
Recent Topics
FusionBB™ Version 3.2 | ©2003-2014 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.124 seconds.   Total Queries: 115   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT-5). Current time is 07:13 AM