hockey-fights.com
 Page 1 of 8 1234>» Last
Username Post: NHL lockout coming to an end?        (Topic#537982)
ChiefBerube17
superstar
Total Posts: 4475
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
12-03-12 09:15 PM - Post#1490306    

WBZ's Steve Burton reports that a deal to save the #nhl season could be announced tomorrow or Wednesday - @JoeGiza

https://twitter.com/wbzsports?utm_source= fb&ut...

Suicyco
superstar
Total Posts: 3283
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
12-03-12 09:45 PM - Post#1490310    

In response to ChiefBerube17

Too little too late. Nobody's gonna give a shit about a 40 game season. Bettman really shit the bed on his one.
99% of life is what you make of it, so if your life sucks... you suck.

tmc
superstar
Total Posts: 3115
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
12-03-12 10:40 PM - Post#1490315    

In response to Suicyco

• Suicyco Said:
Too little too late. Nobody's gonna give a shit about a 40 game season. Bettman really shit the bed on his one.

+1

ChiefBerube17
superstar
Total Posts: 4475
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
12-03-12 10:59 PM - Post#1490319    

In response to tmc

when playoffs start everyone will suddenly care..watch

ILB
superstar
Total Posts: 3953
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       

12-04-12 12:14 AM - Post#1490328    

In response to ChiefBerube17

It's hard to care about this one, but it's a really long winter in Canada without any NHL hockey. Watching basketball and soccer highlights isn't cutting it for me. I've been following a lot more Junior hockey and will probably continue in that direction.
"The Hand is fine, I got a shot of chromosome yesterday."

John Kordic on the status of his hand.

Drunk_24-7
legend
Total Posts: 16694
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
12-04-12 12:56 AM - Post#1490335    

In response to ILB

I've been following the AHL more closely this season than I've followed the NHL the last couple. Kind of renewed my interest a little bit after giving up on everything but the fight last year via youtube. I've actually watched probably about a half a dozen AHL games between streams and the odd game that's on tv. Been following the Junior's and lower minor leagues a bit more closely rather than wasting the time that comes with the NHL being in the mix and there's been some solid action in the junior leagues, some good stuff coming out of the LNAH this season and those two Mirasty vs. Gillies fights from Russia have been phenominal entertainment for the hockey fight fan. I couldn't care less if the NHL comes back this season at all.
"To be honest, even though he lost, Hendricks did a better job of enforcing than most heavyweight enforcers do." - Peatycap

Not only is the NHL totally fucked it's fans are out to lunch now as well

Canucko29
legend
Total Posts: 10511
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
12-04-12 01:10 AM - Post#1490336    

In response to Drunk_24-7

These rumors come and go. I don't believe it one bit. If it's true, then hopefully they all do take a hit. The NHL deserves a big fat middle finger for the way it has been managed for the last 20 years.
-Sedin Playoff Series Wins: 6
-Minnesota Mild Series Wins: 3

Tim-
legend
Total Posts: 15137
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
12-04-12 03:11 AM - Post#1490340    

In response to Canucko29

When someone like Bob McKenzie says its over I'll listen (and not care). Who the fuck is this guy?
"It is not our fault that the world is bad, and we do not want to die changing it. We want to live- that is all."

-Tadeusz Borowski

Arctaurus
all star
Total Posts: 1518
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
12-04-12 06:27 AM - Post#1490354    

In response to Tim-

M'eh
We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
Shall be my brother; be he ne'er so vile,
This day shall gentle his condition.

Henry V - Shakespeare

TGR32
hall of famer
Total Posts: 6078
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
12-04-12 06:48 AM - Post#1490359    

In response to Tim-

• Tim- Said:
When someone like Bob McKenzie says its over I'll listen (and not care). Who the fuck is this guy?

Steve's been in the Boston media business for a long time. He is the son of a former Patriot Ron Burton. Not really a shit disturber looking to make a name for himself. Pretty suprising he comes out with this "scoop" and none of the entrenched hockey writers/media guys have it.

I'm wondering if his source is Jacobs or someone close to Jacobs. One of the reports this morning is that Jacobs is one of the 6 owners looking to sit down with the players in a last ditch effort to save the season.

Engine33
superstar
Total Posts: 2694
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
12-04-12 06:50 AM - Post#1490361    

In response to TGR32

I know Burkle of the Pens is sitting in on Tuesday's session.

Holmgren
superstar
Total Posts: 2878
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       

12-04-12 07:35 AM - Post#1490368    

In response to Engine33

I'm torn. Honestly I am.

I loved watching hockey growing up. I generally still do/did. There is still some entertainment there and a few characters that make the game interesting. Guys like Neil and Konopka. With that I'be been burnt by these lockouts. Going to a game runs you hundreds. These guys are squabbling over Billions while the rest of us struggle to make it.
I see Blue! . . . He looks glorious!

Tim-
legend
Total Posts: 15137
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
12-04-12 08:02 AM - Post#1490374    

In response to TGR32

• TGR32 Said:
  • Tim- Said:

Steve's been in the Boston media business for a long time. He is the son of a former Patriot Ron Burton. Not really a shit disturber looking to make a name for himself. Pretty suprising he comes out with this "scoop" and none of the entrenched hockey writers/media guys have it.

I'm wondering if his source is Jacobs or someone close to Jacobs. One of the reports this morning is that Jacobs is one of the 6 owners looking to sit down with the players in a last ditch effort to save the season.

While that may be fair, McKenzie is THE hockey authority. Players, owners, agents, the league, everyone reports to him.
"It is not our fault that the world is bad, and we do not want to die changing it. We want to live- that is all."

-Tadeusz Borowski

cashman rulz
legend
Total Posts: 12354
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
12-04-12 12:03 PM - Post#1490460    

In response to Tim-

Time for the owners to issue a direct ultimatum to the players. Take it or the season is cancelled.

HenryHanson
superstar
Total Posts: 2785
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
12-04-12 02:55 PM - Post#1490522    

In response to cashman rulz

I'd like to believe the inside source one had regarding an abbr. season on Jan 2 or 3.

Harrison
all star
Total Posts: 1122
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
12-04-12 03:37 PM - Post#1490528    

In response to HenryHanson

Jermaine Wiggins (who I have no clue how he has inside info) also confirmed this on 98.5 this afternoon. Although Burton could be his source

clydefrog0371
superstar
Total Posts: 3695
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
12-04-12 05:51 PM - Post#1490550    

In response to Harrison

Steve Burton is much more a football guy than a hockey guy, but he was the first guy to break a few local hockey stories like the Horton trade, the Phil Kessel nut cancer story and Tim Thomases "break from hockey". He's known as a respectable guy when it comes to this kind of story.

On the down side, the Bruins "insider" Sean Haggerty has said its "an interesting story, but not true".

So who knows.
"Meet me and my foot"...best threat ever.

Edited by clydefrog0371 on 12-04-12 05:52 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

clydefrog0371
superstar
Total Posts: 3695
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
12-04-12 05:57 PM - Post#1490560    

In response to Harrison

• Harrison Said:
Jermaine Wiggins (who I have no clue how he has inside info) also confirmed this on 98.5 this afternoon. Although Burton could be his source

Jermaine "Wiggy" Wiggins is an ex Patriots tight end from East Boston who's claim to fame is doing snow angels sheet the Pats beat the Raiders in the AFC title game in 2001.

He's famous on the show for saying he wouldn't bang Beyonce because she has "documented bad breath" and sweats to much. He's a complete dummy and they pretty much just make fun of him.

"Meet me and my foot"...best threat ever.

cashman rulz
legend
Total Posts: 12354
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
12-05-12 02:42 PM - Post#1490711    

In response to clydefrog0371

Props to buttman, nothing was going to be accomplished with Fehr in the room as i do believe thursday will be a good day for hockey fans everywhere!

haymaker36
Total Posts: 13927
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
12-05-12 03:29 PM - Post#1490725    

In response to cashman rulz

• cashman rulz Said:
Props to buttman, nothing was going to be accomplished with Fehr in the room as i do believe thursday will be a good day for hockey fans everywhere!

I hate to break it to you, but Steve Fehr was in the room, which is pretty much the same as having Don there. But by all means continue to make Fehr out to be the bad guy if it makes you feel better!
"I may be an emotional cripple but am becoming a strong, burly fucking hunk of a man."

-Crowder

Page 1 of 8 1234>» Last
Icon Legend Permissions & Sharing Options Topic Options
Print Topic

Follow
75 Online Now
8 viewable users and 1 hidden plus 66 guests are online now.
Hot Topic
Most recent hot topic is "Stage 1 - Round 5 - Who makes the Top 50?" with 56 replies.
Ad
Recent Topics
FusionBB™ Version 3.2 | ©2003-2014 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 2.971 seconds.   Total Queries: 352   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT-5). Current time is 09:17 PM