hockey-fights.com
 Page 1 of 2 All12
Username Post: Django Unchained        (Topic#538019)
Mike
Administrator
Total Posts: 24458
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
12-08-12 08:19 PM - Post#1491538    

Saw it last week. Really good, borderline great. Personally, on first view I liked it better than any QT movie since pulp fiction.

Canucko29
legend
Total Posts: 10501
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
12-09-12 07:25 PM - Post#1491672    

In response to Mike

Now I'm really jacked to see this. What would you compare it to? Is it more like the Inglorious Basterds or does it lean more towards his work from the 90s (i.e. Pulp Fiction, Reservoir Dogs)?
-Sedin Playoff Series Wins: 6
-Minnesota Mild Series Wins: 3

Mike
Administrator
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
12-09-12 07:36 PM - Post#1491676    

In response to Canucko29

I can't compare it to either reservoir dogs or pulp fiction. Reservoir Dogs is actually my favorite QT movie. This film runs with the blaxploitation genre mixed in with a bit of a western and typical humor. It's really good, or at least i loved it and it seemed like everyone at the screening loved it.

steeles21
Total Posts: 18854
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       

12-09-12 10:45 PM - Post#1491697    

In response to Mike

I'm fired up now. Can't wait.
http://www.qualcomm.com/

KyleFreadrich43
hall of famer
Total Posts: 6951
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       

12-10-12 03:56 AM - Post#1491703    

In response to steeles21

I assume the soundtrack is up to QT's standards?
"I don't want to call him scared, but Worrell always seemed to avoid me." -Kyle Freadrich

steeles21
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       

12-26-12 06:34 PM - Post#1494855    

In response to KyleFreadrich43

Saw it today and it met expectations. Christoph Waltz was basically the same guy from Basterds, except he was a good guy in this movie. Samuel L Jackson was awesome as the house slave.

Spoiler: When I saw Tarantino was on screen I was hoping he would be given a quick death. For a second there I thought him and his boys would help Foxx raid Candy Land. Thank god he was blown up after a few minutes.

Twist 'n Belak
superstar
Total Posts: 4042
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
12-27-12 09:38 AM - Post#1494957    

In response to steeles21

I saw it yesterday. Great movie. If Jackson isn't nominated for Best Supporting Actor, I'll be very upset. Odd seeing Jonah Hill in this, but his brief cameo was the funniest part of the movie.
formerly Belak_2 aka Bleka...

DOWN GOES BRASHEAR!

Tim-
legend
Total Posts: 15137
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
12-27-12 07:42 PM - Post#1495065    

In response to Twist 'n Belak

Spike Lee is boycotting it. Which means I'll be watching it.

A spaghetti western set in the south? Sounds great to me. Five Golden Globe nominations too? Can't wait.
"It is not our fault that the world is bad, and we do not want to die changing it. We want to live- that is all."

-Tadeusz Borowski

Canucko29
legend
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
12-27-12 08:57 PM - Post#1495070    

In response to Tim-

This is a terrific movie. I'll be shocked if it wins any Oscars outside of the "acknowledgement" categories" such as Best Supporting Actor or Best Original Screenplay, but one thing is for certain is that you'll be entertained. And what's most interesting about this flick by Tarantino is that it kind of examines the usage of the n-word in a very intelligent and subtle manner. There are scenes in this movie that most people would consider inappropriate if black people weren't protagonists. And because he's able to get away with it, Tarantino really digs into some of the modern usages of the term, which actually makes the movie more than entertaining, but thoughtful. I'm glad Spike Lee isn't going to see this movie. Because I actually like some of his movies and I wouldn't want his ego or his self-esteem get so destroyed after watching Tarantino do in a an absurd spaghetti western flick what Lee hasn't been able to do in earnest in his 30 years of film-making on the subject.

Canucko29
legend
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
12-27-12 09:04 PM - Post#1495072    

• Twist 'n Belak Said:
I saw it yesterday. Great movie. If Jackson isn't nominated for Best Supporting Actor, I'll be very upset. Odd seeing Jonah Hill in this, but his brief cameo was the funniest part of the movie.

Jackson, DiCaprio and Waltz are given terrific opportunities here to put on acting displays and they sure don't disappoint. Of the three, I must say that Waltz is the winner. He was easily my favourite character in the movie. DiCaprio and Jackson, however, aren't far off.

Mike
Administrator
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
12-27-12 09:27 PM - Post#1495073    

In response to Canucko29

For me it was Sam Jackson as the best. He was just incredible in this movie. And DiCaprio also just brilliant. The scene when Django first pulls put to Candyland and Jackson loses his shit was fucking hilarious.

I even loved don Johnson in a fairly limited role.

I actually thought Jamie Fox was the most underwhelming of the major actors. He was solid but nothing spectacular.

Twist 'n Belak
superstar
Total Posts: 4042
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
12-28-12 11:29 AM - Post#1495140    

In response to Mike

DiCaprio and Waltz got Golden Globe nominations for Supporting Actor.
formerly Belak_2 aka Bleka...

DOWN GOES BRASHEAR!

Pete
hall of famer
Total Posts: 8184
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       

12-28-12 12:32 PM - Post#1495149    

I'm going this afternoon. Looking forward to it.

dirty
superstar
Total Posts: 3102
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
12-29-12 09:08 AM - Post#1495275    

In response to Pete

*****SPOILERS************ *

I saw this yesterday - packed theater, mixed races. When Leonardo gets shot and Samuel reacts with pure sadness the theater went nuts. Laughter from basically everyone.

This is a very good movie but I thought it dragged a little towards the end. I think they could have ended it in the house without Django surrendering and coming back. Still that's a very minor complaint. I enjoyed it very much and would recommend it to most.
Many black people have gone around saying cracker -chaser
I have never had a guff with Stortini -McKenna
most people have a deep fryer and a turkey fryer -Huard
My favourite actor Nigolas Cage-Juha

steeles21
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       

12-29-12 10:33 AM - Post#1495285    

In response to dirty

I saw it Tuesday morning so the theater only had about 25 people in it, mostly black people though. They loved it. A few got up and left, I thought maybe because of all the N-words, but they just went to the bathroom and came back.

InVain316
hall of famer
Total Posts: 5066
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
12-29-12 06:22 PM - Post#1495352    

In response to steeles21

I won't even look for criticisms in this movie. To pay my hard earned money, and thoroughly enjoy myself.... it's all I can ask. My favorite Tarantino movie since Jackie Brown (which I liked).

bean
superstar
Total Posts: 3567
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-02-13 03:43 PM - Post#1496036    

In response to InVain316

LOL!

http://kdvr.com/2013/01/02/video-samu el-l-jackson-...

WARNING: The video above contains offensive language
LOS ANGELES — Reporters are used to being the ones who put folks on the hot seat.
But Jake Hamilton, an unsuspecting entertainment reporter from Houston, soon found his own seat warming up during an interview with Samuel L. Jackson about the new film “Django Unchained.”
It all started when Hamilton said this: “There is a lot of controversy surrounding the usage of the ‘n-word’ in this movie.”
It’s true. The new film, in which Jackson stars, uses the racial slur 110 times. Spike Lee is boycotting it for that very reason, calling such indulgence “unacceptable.”
Based on his reply to Hamilton’s statement, it would seem that Jackson disagrees.
When asked about the n-word usage in the movie, Jackson jested “No? Nobody? None? The word would be?”
“I’m not going to say it,” Hamilton responded.
“Why not?” Jackson asked.
“I don’t want to say it,” Hamilton said.
“Have you ever said it?” Jackson asked.
“No, sir,” Hamilton said.
“Try it,” Jackson said.
“I don’t…” Hamilton started.
“TRY IT!” Jackson insisted.
“Really?” Hamilton said.
“We’re not going to have this conversation unless you say it,” Jackson said.
Jackson eventually permitted Hamilton to move on to another question, laughing while he did so.
While Jackson has not responded to the video from the interview, which was posted on YouTube Wednesday morning, it would seem that the actor falls into the camp who believes the n-word is given too much power by the people who are too afraid to use it.
Having Mexicans around totally kicks f-ing ass. - Cartman

Pete
hall of famer
Total Posts: 8184
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       

01-03-13 03:44 PM - Post#1496267    

In response to bean

• bean Said:
LOL!

http://kdvr.com/2013/01/02/video-samu el-l-jackson-...

WARNING: The video above contains offensive language
LOS ANGELES — Reporters are used to being the ones who put folks on the hot seat.
But Jake Hamilton, an unsuspecting entertainment reporter from Houston, soon found his own seat warming up during an interview with Samuel L. Jackson about the new film “Django Unchained.”
It all started when Hamilton said this: “There is a lot of controversy surrounding the usage of the ‘n-word’ in this movie.”
It’s true. The new film, in which Jackson stars, uses the racial slur 110 times. Spike Lee is boycotting it for that very reason, calling such indulgence “unacceptable.”
Based on his reply to Hamilton’s statement, it would seem that Jackson disagrees.
When asked about the n-word usage in the movie, Jackson jested “No? Nobody? None? The word would be?”
“I’m not going to say it,” Hamilton responded.
“Why not?” Jackson asked.
“I don’t want to say it,” Hamilton said.
“Try it,” Jackson said.
“I don’t…” Hamilton started.
“TRY IT!” Jackson insisted.
“Really?” Hamilton said.
“We’re not going to have this conversation unless you say it,” Jackson said.
Jackson eventually permitted Hamilton to move on to another question, laughing while he did so.
While Jackson has not responded to the video from the interview, which was posted on YouTube Wednesday morning, it would seem that the actor falls into the camp who believes the n-word is given too much power by the people who are too afraid to use it.

Too bad the reporter didn't have a set of balls (and another job lined up). He could have had a lot of fun with that.

Domi28
captain
Total Posts: 907
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-03-13 06:06 PM - Post#1496290    

In response to Pete

• Pete Said:

This is how afraid people are of it I guess. This guy won't even admit ever even saying the word.

superstar
Total Posts: 4107
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-03-13 07:10 PM - Post#1496303    

In response to Domi28

• Domi28 Said:
  • Pete Said:

This is how afraid people are of it I guess. This guy won't even admit ever even saying the word.

I bet this motherfucker owns like 4 Jay-z albums too. What a total pussy.

Page 1 of 2 All12
Icon Legend Permissions & Sharing Options Topic Options
Print Topic

Follow
52 Online Now
5 viewable users and 0 hidden plus 47 guests are online now.
Hot Topic
Most recent hot topic is "Stage 1 - Round 5 - Who makes the Top 50?" with 26 replies.
Ad
Recent Topics
FusionBB™ Version 3.2 | ©2003-2014 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.324 seconds.   Total Queries: 348   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT-5). Current time is 06:54 AM