hockey-fights.com
 Page 1 of 2 All12
Username Post: Spending is the problem...        (Topic#538046)
taz
hall of famer
Total Posts: 8881
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
12-13-12 02:50 PM - Post#1492277    

I'm not giving validity to the chart just throwing out here, but I think they have put it right out there for people to see in bright colors. Cut entitlement spending already...

http://www.speaker.gov/general/spendingisthe proble...
Large Screen Laptop...$600
Internet Service...$50
Reading Johnz's inane homer posts...Priceless

Johnny_Upton
Total Posts: 26006
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
12-13-12 02:53 PM - Post#1492280    

In response to taz

Why do you hate black people, women, children, Brown people, Sr. Citizens, yellow people, handicapped, etch?
It was down in Louisiana,
Just about a mile from Texarkana,
In them old cotton fields back home.

Pagey
legend
Total Posts: 13109
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       

12-13-12 02:56 PM - Post#1492283    

In response to Johnny_Upton

Just curious: is there a detailed breakdown of these so-called "entitlements"?
“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.”
- Neil deGrasse Tyson

taz
hall of famer
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
12-13-12 02:57 PM - Post#1492284    

I like brightly colored charts. And balloons.

I hate no one.

Although I'm developing a serious dislike for politicians who want to give my money to someone else.
Internet Service...$50

Baldridge
hall of famer
Total Posts: 8169
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
12-13-12 04:08 PM - Post#1492299    

In response to taz

• taz Said:

I hate no one.

Although I'm developing a serious dislike for politicians who want to give my money to someone else.

Half of the "freeloading" entitlements are to seniors......I tell my Grandparents every day,to get the fuck out of their wheelchairs and walkers and contribute something to society.......
I am finnish young man, Juha Suomesta.

PuckRogue
Total Posts: 31642
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
12-13-12 04:20 PM - Post#1492303    

In response to Baldridge

Something tells me that information might be a bit biased...

-PR
Bee-dee Bee-dee Bee-dee

Johnny_Upton
Total Posts: 26006
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
12-13-12 05:46 PM - Post#1492320    

In response to Baldridge

• Baldridge Said:
  • taz Said:

I hate no one.

Half of the "freeloading" entitlements are to seniors......I tell my Grandparents every day,to get the fuck out of their wheelchairs and walkers and contribute something to society.......

You too?
It was down in Louisiana,
Just about a mile from Texarkana,
In them old cotton fields back home.

PuckRogue
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
12-13-12 06:01 PM - Post#1492325    

Except that seniors paid into these things to cover their expenses, right Baldy?

-PR
Bee-dee Bee-dee Bee-dee

Renard
superstar
Total Posts: 4660
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
12-13-12 06:13 PM - Post#1492328    

In response to Baldridge

• Baldridge Said:
  • taz Said:

I hate no one.

I agree, we definitely should do NOTHING about spending...let's just move along as those all is well and that way we can ALL be broke one day together!

See, I can take things to the extreme too!

I don't think anyone is talking about ending entitlements Baldridge...but the fact of the matter is that we CANNOT sustain this path...something must change....and to do that, we have to be able to talk about it. I'm still ok with tax increases and entitlement reform if done together....but it doesn't seem that either side is willing to get serious about either...both will move the ball forward an inch.....repubs will close some loopholes but that's about it...and dems will reduce the rate of growth of entitlements (honey, I was supposed to get a Mercedes this year...but I'm only getting a Lexus to save money!!!), but that's about it.
Johan Gambelputty de von Ausfern -schplenden -schlitter -crasscrenbon -fried -digger -dangle -dungle -burstein -von -knacker -thrasher -apple -banger -horowitz -ticolensic -grander -knotty -spelltinkl

taz
hall of famer
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
12-13-12 06:51 PM - Post#1492338    

In response to Baldridge

• Baldridge Said:
  • taz Said:

I hate no one.

Clearly, you are on top of this issue!
Internet Service...$50

taz
hall of famer
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
12-14-12 09:43 AM - Post#1492389    

In response to Pagey

• Pagey Said:

According to the OMB's latest numbers Medicare, Medicaid and Social Security will make up 48% of government spending by 2020.
Internet Service...$50

Baldridge
hall of famer
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
12-14-12 09:52 AM - Post#1492391    

In response to taz

• taz Said:
  • Pagey Said:

According to the OMB's latest numbers Medicare, Medicaid and Social Security will make up 48% of government spending by 2020.

When will Republicans let people retire?........

Other than retail,how many employers want people in their late 60's on the job?.......

Wouldn't increasing the SS and Medicare age increase costs for the employers?....(It costs twice as much to insure a 65 yr old as it does a 40 yr old.

Something clearly has to be done,but increasing the age requirements isn't a good idea,imo....

Badlands92
legend
Total Posts: 12681
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
12-14-12 09:56 AM - Post#1492393    

In response to Baldridge

I don't know the answer to your question, Baldy, but do you think that the retirement age today should still be the same as it was in 1966?
I expect to play every day. That's our job. You go out there every day and contribute in some way.

- Jason Kendall, May 5, 2010

Baldridge
hall of famer
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
12-14-12 10:04 AM - Post#1492394    

In response to Badlands92

The human body has limits.There are some occupations where working longer just isn't feasable.Police,construction,fire fighters,etc.......

I know a UPS driver who said the majority of drivers who retire around 60,retire with severe chronic pain......

I agree that teachers retiring before 60 is a joke.It is a strain on the pension funds and there is no reason a teacher can't work until at least 62.....

It's a tough subject and one that shouldn't be rushed through in the fisical cliff debate,imo...

juha82
hall of famer
Total Posts: 9612
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
12-14-12 11:09 AM - Post#1492415    

In response to Baldridge

• Baldridge Said:
The human body has limits.There are some occupations where working longer just isn't feasable.Police,construction,fire fighters,etc.......

I know a UPS driver who said the majority of drivers who retire around 60,retire with severe chronic pain......

I agree that teachers retiring before 60 is a joke.It is a strain on the pension funds and there is no reason a teacher can't work until at least 62.....

It's a tough subject and one that shouldn't be rushed through in the fisical cliff debate,imo...

Good points by you, i agree you but a teachers job is mentally very heavy IMO so i understand if someone fellas cant tolerate enough much but u see putting a contribution to mentally institations where doctors helping all peoples for putting their mind on good level.
Here in Finland us parliamentarians are cutting from everything service and job, but enough is enough though, and shouldnt cut off from childrens moneys and studients.
Well its not that easy a whole politic but common sense is such like which should to use every time IMO.

They are now cutting from the salaries here too but i am more a fan for paying more to poor peoples and cutting a bit from rich peoples bec some rich peoples are accepting the thing.
Its also smart to cut from they bec they has a money so so much and they wont lost their all moneys.
Taxing with high way is not good idea but they are talking about it here.

PuckRogue
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
12-14-12 11:20 AM - Post#1492422    

In response to juha82

Baldy,

Not good points by you. There are exceptions to every rule, but most senior citizens could find a suitable job if they wanted one. Would it be as lucrative as the career that they may have held in their 30's or 40's? Maybe not, but it would help pay the bills.

I know enough retired people that sit around watching TV and reading all day that I wonder whether I could do something like that (and no, I couldn't). I would, at the very least, be out volunteering to help someone, somewhere.

It's ridiculous to suggest that the retirement age shouldn't be increased, given technology and life expectancy compared to even 20 or 30 years ago...and I say that as somone who is a far cry from retirement.

-PR
Bee-dee Bee-dee Bee-dee

PuckRogue
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
12-14-12 11:22 AM - Post#1492424    

In response to PuckRogue

I do agree that this has nothing to do with the fiscal cliff crap, though. This has been an issue for 20-30 years now.

-PR
Bee-dee Bee-dee Bee-dee

Canucko29
legend
Total Posts: 10597
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
12-14-12 11:38 AM - Post#1492429    

In response to PuckRogue

I would agree with PR, as usual.

Retirement is not a right, but a luxury that is attained through hard work and careful financial and retirement planning.

Unfortunately, it's even bleaker for our generation. We will carry an added responsibility, which is paying off the liabilities created by the Baby Boomers. This seems to be the problem with democracy in both of our countries. Nobody seems to understand the principles contained within a balance sheet. Our discourse has been reduced to a simple dichotomy of right wing vs. left wing and evil (those self evil rich folk) vs. the good (those who provide promises of a better future through increased spending and taxes on those evil rich folk).
-Sedin Playoff Series Wins: 6
-Minnesota Mild Series Wins: 3

Edited by Canucko29 on 12-14-12 11:41 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Pagey
legend
Total Posts: 13109
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       

12-14-12 02:17 PM - Post#1492497    

In response to Canucko29

I'll probably die typing away at my keyboard at work. And that's fine, what else would I do when I'm just an old codger?
“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.”
- Neil deGrasse Tyson

Spike
legend
Total Posts: 10767
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
12-14-12 02:35 PM - Post#1492503    

In response to Pagey

have you guys seen 60 year old high school teachers? It's generally not a pretty sight.

Retirement should be a right because working for food until you die is cruel and avoidable. the trick is to find a way to make it feasible.
I see orange people.

Page 1 of 2 All12
Icon Legend Permissions & Sharing Options Topic Options
Print Topic

Follow
41 Online Now
1 viewable users and 0 hidden plus 40 guests are online now.
Hot Topic
Most recent hot topic is "Lucic TKO'ed by Prout!!??" with 41 replies.
Ad
Recent Topics
FusionBB™ Version 3.2 | ©2003-2014 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.329 seconds.   Total Queries: 346   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT-6.0). Current time is 11:25 PM