hockey-fights.com
 Page 1 of 5 1234>
Username Post: Obama - It's all about "I", "Me", "Us", and "We"        (Topic#538124)
Pete
hall of famer
Total Posts: 8204
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       

12-26-12 12:33 PM - Post#1494785    

President Obama speaks at the memorial service for the late Daniel Inouye, and makes it all about Barack. Note how fascinated the young president-to-be was about ice machines and vending machines and how he invokes race around the 5 minute mark. Yes, our president is a wonderful man. A healer. And he will bring us all together as one. Just isten and he will tell you so.

F'in tool.

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/obama-uses-fun...

Obama Uses Funeral Service to Talk About Himself
10:34 AM, Dec 22, 2012 • By DANIEL HALPER

President Barack Obama used the funeral for Hawaii senator Daniel Inouye to talk about himself. In the short 1,600 word speech, Obama used the word "my" 21 times, "me" 12 times, and "I" 30 times.

Obama's speech discussed how Inouye had gotten him interested in politics. "Danny was elected to the U.S. Senate when I was two years old," he said.

Speaking to the audience at the National Cathedral in Washington, D.C., Obama talked about his family and their vacations. "Now, even though my mother and grandparents took great pride that they had voted for him, I confess that I wasn't paying much attention to the United States Senate at the age of four or five or six. It wasn't until I was 11 years old that I recall even learning what a U.S. senator was, or it registering, at least. It was during my summer vacation with my family -- my first trip to what those of us in Hawaii call the Mainland," said Obama.

So we flew over the ocean, and with my mother and my grandmother and my sister, who at the time was two, we traveled around the country. It was a big trip. We went to Seattle, and we went to Disneyland -- which was most important. We traveled to Kansas where my grandmother's family was from, and went to Chicago, and went to Yellowstone. And we took Greyhound buses most of the time, and we rented cars, and we would stay at local motels or Howard Johnson's. And if there was a pool at one of these motels, even if it was just tiny, I would be very excited. And the ice machine was exciting -- and the vending machine, I was really excited about that.

But this is at a time when you didn’t have 600 stations and 24 hours' worth of cartoons. And so at night, if the TV was on, it was what your parents decided to watch. And my mother that summer would turn on the TV every night during this vacation and watch the Watergate hearings. And I can't say that I understood everything that was being discussed, but I knew the issues were important. I knew they spoke to some basic way about who we were and who we might be as Americans.

And so, slowly, during the course of this trip, which lasted about a month, some of this seeped into my head. And the person who fascinated me most was this man of Japanese descent with one arm, speaking in this courtly baritone, full of dignity and grace. And maybe he captivated my attention because my mom explained that this was our senator and that he was upholding what our government was all about. Maybe it was a boyhood fascination with the story of how he had lost his arm in a war. But I think it was more than that.

Now, here I was, a young boy with a white mom, a black father, raised in Indonesia and Hawaii. And I was beginning to sense how fitting into the world might not be as simple as it might seem. And so to see this man, this senator, this powerful, accomplished person who wasn't out of central casting when it came to what you'd think a senator might look like at the time, and the way he commanded the respect of an entire nation I think it hinted to me what might be possible in my own life.

Obama also mentioned the heroic life of Inouye. "And so we remember a man who inspired all of us with his courage, and moved us with his compassion, that inspired us with his integrity, and who taught so many of us -- including a young kid growing up in Hawaii –-- that America has a place for everyone," Obama concluded.

taz
hall of famer
Total Posts: 8871
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
12-26-12 01:29 PM - Post#1494801    

In response to Pete

Obama is such a douche bag. An embarrassment to the country.
Large Screen Laptop...$600
Internet Service...$50
Reading Johnz's inane homer posts...Priceless

HEAVYWEIGHT
hall of famer
Total Posts: 7284
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
12-26-12 03:07 PM - Post#1494819    

In response to taz

obama clause, takes from the working to give to his voters.

USA, "BACK to BACK World War Champs"!

Canucko29
legend
Total Posts: 10533
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
12-26-12 03:42 PM - Post#1494823    

In response to HEAVYWEIGHT

-Sedin Playoff Series Wins: 6
-Minnesota Mild Series Wins: 3

emmpee1
all star
Total Posts: 1650
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
12-27-12 02:02 AM - Post#1494941    

• HEAVYWEIGHT Said:
obama clause, takes from the working to give to his voters.

Kinda like Bush....takes from the working and gives to his family.

PuckRogue
Total Posts: 31642
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
12-27-12 10:41 AM - Post#1494971    

In response to emmpee1

Meh. Overly critical and subjective. This is a lame argument.

-PR
Bee-dee Bee-dee Bee-dee

haymaker36
Total Posts: 13937
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
12-27-12 01:30 PM - Post#1494999    

In response to PuckRogue

Oh let people have something to get excited about, PR, you old curmudgeon. The "Obama is going to take all our guns!" finally died out, there's got to be another reason to get upset.

He's done enough tangible things to be questioned on, it makes you guys look pretty silly when you get your panties in a bunch over some manufactured bullshit like this.
"I may be an emotional cripple but am becoming a strong, burly fucking hunk of a man."

-Crowder

irish_66
hall of famer
Total Posts: 8254
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
12-27-12 04:13 PM - Post#1495019    

In response to haymaker36

I love seeing the right getting their panties ruffled becuase he won reelection. Deal with it...
Gretzky to Hextall after Hexy stoned him on a breakaway in Hexy's first game:"Who the hell are you?"
Hextall's response:"Who the hell are you?"

Badlands92
legend
Total Posts: 12665
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
12-27-12 04:47 PM - Post#1495028    

In response to irish_66

The "I love seeing the right get all upset" posts are just as petty as any nitpicking Republican posters do towards Obama. No need for them other than to try to fuel an argument.

Hay, I don't remember the Obama is going to take all our guns rave. Can you refresh my memory on that?
I expect to play every day. That's our job. You go out there every day and contribute in some way.

- Jason Kendall, May 5, 2010

haymaker36
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
12-27-12 10:38 PM - Post#1495080    

In response to Badlands92

• Badlands92 Said:
Hay, I don't remember the Obama is going to take all our guns rave. Can you refresh my memory on that?

http://atlasshrugs2000.typepad.com/atlas_shrugs/20...

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/article /20...

http://www.salon.com/2012/11/04/six_most_p aranoid_...

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/crime/b l...

http://money.cnn.com/2012/11/09/news/econo my/gun-c...
"I may be an emotional cripple but am becoming a strong, burly fucking hunk of a man."

-Crowder

Badlands92
legend
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
12-27-12 11:25 PM - Post#1495082    

Oh, so nothing on FC. Got it. Thanks.
I expect to play every day. That's our job. You go out there every day and contribute in some way.

haymaker36
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
12-28-12 11:59 AM - Post#1495143    

I guess the forty year old virgin has to have something to get excited about as the weekend approaches.

-Crowder

Pete
hall of famer
Total Posts: 8204
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       

12-28-12 12:41 PM - Post#1495152    

In response to irish_66

• irish_66 Said:
I love seeing the right getting their panties ruffled becuase he won reelection. Deal with it...

Gotta keep the fires burning. It was a slow news day. Now, off to stare in amazement at a vending machine...

Badlands92
legend
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
12-28-12 12:41 PM - Post#1495153    

Pete? PR? Taz? Who da virgin in here?!

I know PR has kids, so either he is disqualified or it was divine intervention (which he doesn't believe in )

clydefrog0371
superstar
Total Posts: 3695
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
12-28-12 01:04 PM - Post#1495160    

"Meet me and my foot"...best threat ever.

Renard
superstar
Total Posts: 4660
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
12-28-12 01:11 PM - Post#1495165    

In response to clydefrog0371

• clydefrog0371 Said:

....but an historically weak leader of a nation, at a time when we could really use one
Johan Gambelputty de von Ausfern -schplenden -schlitter -crasscrenbon -fried -digger -dangle -dungle -burstein -von -knacker -thrasher -apple -banger -horowitz -ticolensic -grander -knotty -spelltinkl

clydefrog0371
superstar
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
12-28-12 01:19 PM - Post#1495169    

In response to Renard

• Renard Said:
  • clydefrog0371 Said:

....but an historically weak leader of a nation, at a time when we could really use one

Lol...

HEAVYWEIGHT
hall of famer
Total Posts: 7284
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
12-28-12 01:49 PM - Post#1495174    

not lol.

USA, "BACK to BACK World War Champs"!

clydefrog0371
superstar
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
12-28-12 02:16 PM - Post#1495181    

• HEAVYWEIGHT Said:
not lol.

LMAO...

John_P
superstar
Total Posts: 3647
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
12-28-12 03:36 PM - Post#1495195    

Ah yes, so there will be even more idiocy from the Right in Obama's second term than his 1st. At least the Birther garbage has wound down. Carry on.
"And I have no doubt that every new example, will succeed, as every past one has, in showing that religion and gov't will both exist in greater purity the less they are mixed together." James Madison

Page 1 of 5 1234>
Icon Legend Permissions & Sharing Options Topic Options
Print Topic

Follow
43 Online Now
1 viewable users and 1 hidden plus 41 guests are online now.
Hot Topic
Most recent hot topic is "Palin Brawl" with 42 replies.
Ad
Recent Topics
FusionBB™ Version 3.2 | ©2003-2014 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.318 seconds.   Total Queries: 348   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT-5). Current time is 02:23 AM