hockey-fights.com
 Page 1 of 2 All12
Username Post: Silver Linings Playbook        (Topic#538150)
Mike
Administrator
Total Posts: 24459
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
12-29-12 08:57 AM - Post#1495272    

I highly recommend this movie. For a movie you can watch with your girl, that is not a normal rom-com, it really works. It might be the best film I have seen this year. I need to reflect on it more but it was really good. Bradley Cooper was outstanding, as was Robert DeNiro in a lesser role, and Jennifer Lawrence was phenomenal. I think this lady is going to be the next mega super star. She is good looking enough to want to watch, her acting is superb, and she seems to be able to play a wide range of parts. Something in her eyes for such a young person. She is extraordinary.

Clutch
Total Posts: 12784
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
12-29-12 06:17 PM - Post#1495351    

In response to Mike

I just saw this with my fiancee. It was really good and I highly recommend it. Jennifer Lawrence it really hot during the dance scenes. I will say more later as I am tapping this out on an annoying tablet
I drank enough whiskey to float a battleship around

irish_66
hall of famer
Total Posts: 8254
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-01-13 01:49 PM - Post#1495855    

In response to Clutch

My wife and I caught this new years eve matinee and we loved this!! Has everything, good romance plot, great laughs, Deniro is amazing and a touch of football craziness to boot. Go see this boys.
Gretzky to Hextall after Hexy stoned him on a breakaway in Hexy's first game:"Who the hell are you?"
Hextall's response:"Who the hell are you?"

superstar
Total Posts: 4116
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
03-04-13 06:36 PM - Post#1517134    

In response to irish_66

Caught this the other night and was glad I got to. Excellent movie and by far the best thing I saw from 2012. I actually thought Cooper did a great job carrying the film and could have received an Oscar in a non-Day Lewis year. Highly recommended.

ImissPJ
superstar
Total Posts: 3894
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
03-04-13 07:32 PM - Post#1517150    

In response to 187

I just saw it this weekend too and thought it was great. It's rare that me and my girl both really enjoy a movie we see in theaters. Usually it's either one she wants to see or one I want to see, but we both loved this movie.

The theater was packed too. This thing must be making some big post-Oscars money.

COCHRANE29
hall of famer
Total Posts: 5077
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
03-04-13 09:14 PM - Post#1517184    

In response to ImissPJ

caught this a few weeks ago as well...Thai food & Silver Linings made for a nice evening with the wife.....highly reccomended with a 2 thumbs up.
C29

"Truth is Treason in the empire of lies" - Ron Paul

irish_66
hall of famer
Total Posts: 8254
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
03-07-13 09:34 AM - Post#1518376    

In response to COCHRANE29

Best Love story Ive seen in a long time!!!
Gretzky to Hextall after Hexy stoned him on a breakaway in Hexy's first game:"Who the hell are you?"
Hextall's response:"Who the hell are you?"

HenryHanson
superstar
Total Posts: 2795
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
03-13-13 01:27 AM - Post#1520419    

In response to irish_66

I saw this yesterday. Yeah, if you want to see a great movie go see it! The topic of mental illness is looked at from a lot of angles very honestly. It works as a love story very well, all the actors got nominated and deservedly so.

superstar
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
04-21-13 06:53 PM - Post#1532226    

In response to HenryHanson

I wanted to kick this one back up to the front of the forum because it comes out on DVD at the end of the month and because I've now seen all of the other "top" films from last year and it made me appreciate this movie even more. Easily the best picture of the year for me. Give it a shot.

BlockerBrothers
all star
Total Posts: 1376
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       

04-25-13 12:48 PM - Post#1533067    

In response to 187

My wife has been on me to watch this with her and I keep putting it off as I tend to hate love stories.....and not just a little but from what you guys are posting here, I may have to give it a spin.

Irons
superstar
Total Posts: 3495
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
04-25-13 12:52 PM - Post#1533068    

In response to BlockerBrothers

In the minority here as I didn't like this movie at all. Probably because I hate Eagles fans that much.

Dupre2003
hall of famer
Total Posts: 5165
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
04-26-13 08:11 PM - Post#1533387    

In response to Irons

I enjoyed it.. only agreed to see it with my woman based on the reviews in here. Thanks chaps.

Pete
hall of famer
Total Posts: 8204
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       

05-09-13 09:06 AM - Post#1536358    

In response to Dupre2003

I'm finishing up the 2012 season and this is one of the last of the highly rated movies to come out on DVD.

Solid, but unspectacular Comedy-Drama about a bi-polar guy recently released from a psych ward after he nearly kills a man he discovers having an affair with his wife.

Bradley Cooper does a nice job in the lead. DeNiro has some good material to work with, but I'm afraid he's playing the same guy in all his films over the last 10 years. He uses the same facial expressions and tone that he's used in the Analyze This and Focker films. Funny the first time, but now well worn. I thought actress Jacki Weaver gave a really underappreciated performance as Cooper's mom.

The rest of the supporting cast (the Cowboy fan/neighbor and the eldest son in partticular) were a bit of a distraction to be honest. Although Chris Tuvker's recurring character had his moments.

Jennifer Lawrence was very good, but this was not Oscar winning material to me. She is very likable and sexy without being a classic beauty, which is refreshing. But I didn't think this role stretched her that much. As I said, she was very good, but I smell another Weinstein campaign being responsible for her victory.

Like Irons, I hate Iggles fans, but I hate Cowboys fans even more.

*** out of ****

CRussell
superstar
Total Posts: 4817
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
05-09-13 01:37 PM - Post#1536426    

In response to Pete

I liked this movie a lot. I think Disney should seriously consider Jennifer Lawrence to play a major role in the upcoming Star Wars. She can pretty much do it all.

Pagey
legend
Total Posts: 13074
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       

05-09-13 01:42 PM - Post#1536428    

In response to CRussell

• CRussell Said:
I think Disney should seriously consider Jennifer Lawrence to play a major role in the upcoming Star Wars. She can pretty much do it all.

She could play Mara Jade...
“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.”
- Neil deGrasse Tyson

KyleFreadrich43
hall of famer
Total Posts: 6966
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       

05-09-13 03:54 PM - Post#1536462    

In response to Pagey

• Pagey Said:
  • CRussell Said:
I think Disney should seriously consider Jennifer Lawrence to play a major role in the upcoming Star Wars. She can pretty much do it all.

Not sure Jennifer has that "dark side" to her, not to mention, she's a little tall

Otherwise I'd have chosen Vera Farmiga for Mara Jade. It all depends on how old Skywalker is going to be to determine of Jade is even in them.
"I don't want to call him scared, but Worrell always seemed to avoid me." -Kyle Freadrich

Edited by KyleFreadrich43 on 05-09-13 04:07 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

superstar
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
05-09-13 04:00 PM - Post#1536463    

In response to KyleFreadrich43

SCRAM, YOU FUCKING NERDS!!!

You aren't hijacking this thread.........isn't Lawrence too young for Mara Jade, assuming Hamil is back as Luke?

KyleFreadrich43
hall of famer
Total Posts: 6966
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       

05-09-13 04:08 PM - Post#1536469    

In response to 187

• 187 Said:

You aren't hijacking this thread.........isn't Lawrence too young for Mara Jade, assuming Hamil is back as Luke?

Exactly, ner....erm....normal person.
"I don't want to call him scared, but Worrell always seemed to avoid me." -Kyle Freadrich

Pete
hall of famer
Total Posts: 8204
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       

05-09-13 04:32 PM - Post#1536473    

In response to 187

• 187 Said:

LOL

Who the hell is Mara Jade? Only a Star Wars geek would know that kind of crap.

Posux
Senior Vet
Total Posts: 29639
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
05-09-13 05:51 PM - Post#1536481    

In response to KyleFreadrich43

• KyleFreadrich43 Said:
  • Pagey Said:
  • CRussell Said:

Not sure Jennifer has that "dark side" to her, not to mention, she's a little tall

Otherwise I'd have chosen Vera Farmiga for Mara Jade. It all depends on how old Skywalker is going to be to determine of Jade is even in them.

Did you see "Winter's Bone?"

Page 1 of 2 All12
Icon Legend Permissions & Sharing Options Topic Options
Print Topic

Follow
44 Online Now
2 viewable users and 1 hidden plus 41 guests are online now.
Hot Topic
Most recent hot topic is "Palin Brawl" with 42 replies.
Ad
Recent Topics
FusionBB™ Version 3.2 | ©2003-2014 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.365 seconds.   Total Queries: 351   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT-5). Current time is 04:36 AM