hockey-fights.com
 Page 1 of 4 1234
Username Post: Who are you looking for this season: 2013        (Topic#538198)
johnz
legend
Total Posts: 13620
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-06-13 08:45 AM - Post#1496673    

2 guys I'll be extremely curious to see:

My guy- Brandon "Boom-Boom" Bollig. He's got his cup of coffee and knows what he has to do, and has had an extended off season to prepare. A workout and weightlifting enthusiast, he's already put some lb's on over the last couple of years. I hope he steps up nicely this year to be the champ.

John Scott- the reigning heavyweight champ, to me thats no question. I think Scott and McIntyre would be one heck of a fight, but believe Scott could win. He's so damn strong- not just tall- but BIG. He's heavy, strong, and powerful. Id like to see who he goes with this season though- should be fun. I'll always be rooting for Scott- a likeable guy who "gets it". I appreciate what he did with the Hawks, and think Quinville should have used him in the playoffs more 2 years ago- the games he played in, they beat the Canucks. I'll always be rooting for the big guy, just as I will Koci- 2 class acts that wore the Indian Head with pride.
"Pitching is really just an internal struggle between pitcher and his stuff. If my curve ball is breaking and I'm throwing it where I want, the batter is irrelevant." - Steve Stone

Matt Dillon
legend
Total Posts: 18737
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-06-13 09:02 AM - Post#1496679    

In response to johnz

Shocking!

Maguire19
Total Posts: 18027
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-06-13 09:03 AM - Post#1496680    

In response to johnz

Unfortunately I think it's going to be tough for Scott to see the lineup much. Sabres have tons of young scoring prospects. I was really looking forward to a team that would ice Scott, Ott, McCormick, Kaleta on a semi nightly basis. The emergence of Mikail Grigorenko may very well take a spot from either Kaleta or McCormick. Marcus Foligno whose a nice player may get full time duty. He's needed but I want a couple guys in there who dont think twice.

playoffbeard
hall of famer
Total Posts: 8957
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       

01-06-13 09:09 AM - Post#1496683    

In response to johnz

• johnz Said:
2 guys I'll be extremely curious to see:

My guy- Brandon "Boom-Boom" Bollig. He's got his cup of coffee and knows what he has to do, and has had an extended off season to prepare. A workout and weightlifting enthusiast, he's already put some lb's on over the last couple of years. I hope he steps up nicely this year to be the champ.

Anyone that can achieve a Draw with perennial punching bag Luke Schenn has no chance of being NHL champ.
Fuck you. I hope you get cancer - Matt Dillon

Clutch
Total Posts: 12770
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-06-13 09:16 AM - Post#1496686    

In response to Maguire19

• Maguire19 Said:
Unfortunately I think it's going to be tough for Scott to see the lineup much. Sabres have tons of young scoring prospects. I was really looking forward to a team that would ice Scott, Ott, McCormick, Kaleta on a semi nightly basis. The emergence of Mikail Grigorenko may very well take a spot from either Kaleta or McCormick. Marcus Foligno whose a nice player may get full time duty. He's needed but I want a couple guys in there who dont think twice.

I was thinking Boston/Buffalo rivalry would be a fun one, with Ott permanently on the Bruins' shit list, and the lingering bad blood from last season. With Ott, Kaleta, McCormick, and maybe Scott and a much improved looking Nick Tarnasky called up, it could be good.
I drank enough whiskey to float a battleship around

Maguire19
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-06-13 09:20 AM - Post#1496688    

In response to Clutch

Hope so Clutch. The Sabres have alot of finesse-y scoring types in their ranks so I hope they dont abandon the plan to not take shit off nobody.

johnz
legend
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-06-13 09:56 AM - Post#1496702    

In response to Maguire19

I cant imagine they sign Scott and admit they need his presence against some of those teams, only not to dress him.
"Pitching is really just an internal struggle between pitcher and his stuff. If my curve ball is breaking and I'm throwing it where I want, the batter is irrelevant." - Steve Stone

rancidis
legend
Total Posts: 10010
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-06-13 10:17 AM - Post#1496708    

In response to johnz

rosehill will be in an anaheim ducks uniform on day one, and fill the void left by parros' departure to florida.
favorite fighter: jay rosehill
www.dailycombat.com

Huard28
Total Posts: 29915
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-06-13 10:24 AM - Post#1496712    

In response to rancidis

MAGS: I thought that as well, but the Sabres are committed to toughness they said and signed Scott for a reason. He will play enough and play vs the tough teams, esp. all games vs Boston and he will perform. Tarnasky was also signed to call up for games like Boston, and he is ready with 11 fights so far in the AHL. He will be up before any soft prospect. For once, I believe the Sabres here.

As for the young guys, yeah they have a bunch doing well, but dont expect them to be in the NHL unless injury. Hodgson and Foligno yes, Adam, Tropp, Girgensons, Grigorenko, NO. The Euro 1st picks are no where near ready, Tropp has fallen off, and Adam will be the victim of the #s game.

Cant wait to see Scott wearing the famous #32 in Buffalo! He is near the top as far as heavies, I think MacIntyre is above him but Mac will stay in the AHL this season IMO.
"I never participate in the game anymore. It doesn't work. I am too bad. I only fight". - Link Gaetz

Tim-
legend
Total Posts: 15132
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-06-13 10:43 AM - Post#1496718    

In response to johnz

• johnz Said:
I cant imagine they sign Scott and admit they need his presence against some of those teams, only not to dress him.

No team has ever done that before.

Just ask MD.
"It is not our fault that the world is bad, and we do not want to die changing it. We want to live- that is all."

-Tadeusz Borowski

Maguire19
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-06-13 10:52 AM - Post#1496723    

In response to Tim-

Huard, I think Tropp will be alright. He's out for the season with that knee injury but he's another power forward type that will be challenging for spot next season.

Edited by Maguire19 on 01-06-13 08:57 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

johnz
legend
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-06-13 10:53 AM - Post#1496724    

In response to Tim-

I envy Sabres fans! It should be fun- and he and Thornton can go so we can shut up all the Baaahhhston fans.

Drunk_24-7
legend
Total Posts: 16602
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-06-13 12:24 PM - Post#1496737    

In response to johnz

Thornton or Lucic tuning up Scott will be one of the few games in this joke of a season that this joke of a league is putting on that I will actually be sure to tune in for.
"To be honest, even though he lost, Hendricks did a better job of enforcing than most heavyweight enforcers do." - Peatycap

Not only is the NHL totally fucked it's fans are out to lunch now as well

Huard28
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-06-13 12:28 PM - Post#1496738    

In response to Drunk_24-7

Heh but there is no way Lucic or Thornton can tune up Scott, lets be serious here. Thornton is getting up there in age, wonder what shape he will be in? Lucic will be hesitant to fight a guy like Scott. I personally think he will decline him or maybe just give him one excuse me fight where he hangs on or tries to make it a short bout. Thornton and Chara will step up when Scott chases Lucic around. Ott and Kaleta are going to start a lot of shit, so should be ok for BUF fans this year.
"I never participate in the game anymore. It doesn't work. I am too bad. I only fight". - Link Gaetz

Matt Dillon
legend
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-06-13 12:32 PM - Post#1496740    

In response to Huard28

• Huard28 Said:
Heh but there is no way Lucic or Thornton can tune up Scott, lets be serious here. Thornton is getting up there in age, wonder what shape he will be in? Lucic will be hesitant to fight a guy like Scott. I personally think he will decline him or maybe just give him one excuse me fight where he hangs on or tries to make it a short bout. Thornton and Chara will step up when Scott chases Lucic around. Ott and Kaleta are going to start a lot of shit, so should be ok for BUF fans this year.

Lucic could beat Scott, no doubt..

Thorton has stood in with Brashear, Laraque multiple times, Boogaard.. All three were better then Scott.

Bon
prospect
Total Posts: 11
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-06-13 12:35 PM - Post#1496744    

In response to Huard28

Love to see Looch get the better of the plug Scott, a very real possibility. Fluffalo will always be our bitch, doesn't matter who they bring in.

Huard28
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-06-13 12:39 PM - Post#1496745    

In response to Matt Dillon

Yeah but Thornton is 35 now, coming off a long lockout. Hard to imagine he will be as good as he has been in the past.

Anyone can beat anyone on any given night with a lucky punch or whatnot, but I highly doubt Lucic would beat Scott. I know JOHNZ has ruined Scott on here, but from what I have seen, Lucic isnt a guy going around fighting and beating legit heavies, esp. guys in the monster size category.

Matt Dillon
legend
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-06-13 12:49 PM - Post#1496748    

In response to Huard28

Just like Lucic could never beat Carkner..

Bon
prospect
Total Posts: 11
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-06-13 12:53 PM - Post#1496749    

Did just fine with a bigger Sesito also.

johnz
legend
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-06-13 02:38 PM - Post#1496773    

• Matt Dillon Said:
  • Huard28 Said:

Lucic could beat Scott, no doubt..

Thorton has stood in with Brashear, Laraque multiple times, Boogaard.. All three were better then Scott.

It sucks when the Dumb-Dumb version of Matt Dillon rears his ugly head, because you're too smart and knowledgeable to be posting this crap. Lucic could be Scott? Ok, in the sense that anyone could beat anyone on any given night- but 9 X out of 10, Scott owns Lucic. He DESTROYED Engellend, who's a better fighter then Lucic. He destroyed Westgarth, who's considered a Super Heavy. Why can't you guys get past your biased. And why have a bias against #32? We should ALL love this guy!

Page 1 of 4 1234
Icon Legend Permissions & Sharing Options Topic Options
Print Topic

Follow
32 Online Now
3 viewable users and 0 hidden plus 29 guests are online now.
Hot Topic
Most recent hot topic is "Why?" with 74 replies.
Ad
Recent Topics
FusionBB™ Version 3.2 | ©2003-2014 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.343 seconds.   Total Queries: 346   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT-5). Current time is 03:15 PM