hockey-fights.com
 Page 1 of 2 All12
Username Post: Bob McKenzie TSN: There will be LOTS of Fighting-Fights        (Topic#538199)
Huard28
Total Posts: 29874
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-06-13 10:18 AM - Post#1496709    

Just now on the panel at TSN, Bob McKenzie brought up a point he wanted to make that just like last lockout, players are coming back pissed off at the whole thing, pissed off at other players too, just edgy and over passionate, said it will lead to A LOT more fighting then usual!

Both Darren Pang and I believe it was Mike Johnson agreed and said get ready for lots of fighting. I hope they are right, but I also agree, it will be nasty out there.

Sabres John Scott has been working out with JOHNZ and is massive right now. fingerfucked time coming down on the Bruins. LOL
"I never participate in the game anymore. It doesn't work. I am too bad. I only fight". - Link Gaetz

rancidis
legend
Total Posts: 10010
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-06-13 10:19 AM - Post#1496710    

In response to Huard28

look for a lot of 10-minute misconducts being handed out by the overzealous referees...
favorite fighter: jay rosehill
www.dailycombat.com

cementhead
captain
Total Posts: 855
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       

01-06-13 11:11 AM - Post#1496727    

In response to rancidis

i heard kevin collins is coming out of retirement after several years of unsatisfying anonymous gay sex.
Profanity is a crutch of the ignorant motherfucker.

Matt Dillon
legend
Total Posts: 18734
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-06-13 11:39 AM - Post#1496732    

In response to cementhead

Not buying his theory.. Why would players be mad at one another over this? Few may be, but I would hardly think it would cause fighting to increase.

slickpuck
all star
Total Posts: 1408
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-06-13 12:08 PM - Post#1496735    

In response to Matt Dillon

It's a conspiracy. The league is going thunderdome for the first few weeks to get butts back in the seats, then it's back to the ice capades.
RIP #40

Huard28
Total Posts: 29874
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-06-13 12:31 PM - Post#1496739    

In response to slickpuck

I remember in 1991-92 when they had that strike during the season and came back to play the last bunch of games and there were fights and brawls galore. Of course that was a different time, but I recall the first game back from the hiatus, MTL played in BUF, and 9 seconds in Nilan went after Ray, and led to a game of 300+ PIMs in which guys like Mogilny (Carbonneau), Hawerchuk (Savard), and Lafontaine (Skrudland) all fought!! Not to mention Ray going after Mathieu Schenider for the hell of it and then pummeling Mike McPhee. Gord Donnelly fought 2 guys at the same time (Lebeau and Lefebvre? and got a double fighting major and game) LOL Fun times.
"I never participate in the game anymore. It doesn't work. I am too bad. I only fight". - Link Gaetz

Matt Dillon
legend
Total Posts: 18734
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-06-13 12:34 PM - Post#1496742    

In response to Huard28

Huard, 91-92 teams didnt have pussy lineups..

irish_66
hall of famer
Total Posts: 8078
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-06-13 12:49 PM - Post#1496747    

I call bullshit...too few games and all points will be needed. Blowut games perhaps, but refs will stop shit way too early. Fights per game will down.
Gretzky to Hextall after Hexy stoned him on a breakaway in Hexy's first game:"Who the hell are you?"
Hextall's response:"Who the hell are you?"

Johnny_Upton
Total Posts: 25568
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-06-13 02:07 PM - Post#1496767    

In response to irish_66

• irish_66 Said:
I call bullshit...too few games and all points will be needed. Blowut games perhaps, but refs will stop shit way too early. Fights per game will down.

Agreed

Its myopic to think different
It was down in Louisiana,
Just about a mile from Texarkana,
In them old cotton fields back home.

Tim-
legend
Total Posts: 15106
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-06-13 02:34 PM - Post#1496770    

• Matt Dillon Said:
Not buying his theory.. Why would players be mad at one another over this? Few may be, but I would hardly think it would cause fighting to increase.

Why? Because there was a lot of infighting during the negotiations.
"It is not our fault that the world is bad, and we do not want to die changing it. We want to live- that is all."

-Tadeusz Borowski

PuckRogue
Total Posts: 31642
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-06-13 02:37 PM - Post#1496772    

In response to Tim-

I agree. Maybe fights go up, but not near anything we'd want or expect.

-PR
Bee-dee Bee-dee Bee-dee

haymaker36
Total Posts: 13770
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-06-13 02:48 PM - Post#1496778    

In response to PuckRogue

I look forward to seeing the same guys in this thread saying how they are done with the NHL talking about it on here in a month or two. It happens literally every time. And when it does, there will be a myriad of excuses qualifying why they are now commenting or paying attention to the league in whatever fashion.
"I may be an emotional cripple but am becoming a strong, burly fucking hunk of a man."

-Crowder

coot
superstar
Total Posts: 2561
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-06-13 07:29 PM - Post#1496823    

In response to haymaker36

I like Bob, but he's way off base on this one. Times have changed. Teams will be going for points in a shortened season. 4th lines won't get much ice time with wins at such a premium.

Tim-
legend
Total Posts: 15106
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-06-13 08:47 PM - Post#1496838    

In response to coot

But at the same time, there won't be any of the cross-conference games... right? Playing a schedule primarily consisting of division opponents with some conference opponents should make for more fighting.
"It is not our fault that the world is bad, and we do not want to die changing it. We want to live- that is all."

-Tadeusz Borowski

glockman30
superstar
Total Posts: 3024
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-06-13 09:47 PM - Post#1496849    

In response to Tim-

Shanahan will be giving out 10 game suspensions for hard cross checks and fighting will be down this season.
You can easily judge the character of a man by the way he treats those who can do nothing for him.
- General Wayne Downing

ThememanXX
all star
Total Posts: 2454
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-07-13 07:57 AM - Post#1496870    

In response to glockman30

• glockman30 Said:
Shanahan will be giving out 10 game suspensions for hard cross checks and fighting will be down this season.

"It's what the fans want to see. Crowds love hearing 10 minute misconducts announced over the PA system. Also, to increase scoring, all minor penalties will now be 3:30 and be all you can score."

CRussell
superstar
Total Posts: 4774
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-07-13 10:06 AM - Post#1496904    

In response to ThememanXX

I would expect much less fighting. With each regular season game being important the fighters will be scratched even more so then before. I think Bob is trying to entice fans that have been shunned and negelected.

BostonTerror
superstar
Total Posts: 3996
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       

01-07-13 11:43 AM - Post#1496919    

In response to Huard28

• Huard28 Said:
Sabres John Scott has been working out with JOHNZ and is massive right now. fingerfucked time coming down on the Bruins. LOL

This. Is. An. Awesome. Visual. Only thing that would make it better would be addderall and some 54" paded pants....

Dunno about this. On one hand, the players will be seeing a lot more of their conference rivals. They'll be trying to bring fans back to the game. Nothing brings the fans back to the game more than nasty, ill tempered rivalries.

On the other hand, the league will probably mandate 10 minute misconducts for glaring. I think that the amount of nastiness in the games will be determined by how close the refs call the first week's worth of games.
"The stars are birdies' footprints..."

- my oldest

Dupre2003
hall of famer
Total Posts: 5132
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-07-13 11:47 AM - Post#1496921    

In response to BostonTerror

Don't get your hopes up...

DaveRichterfan
all star
Total Posts: 2048
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-07-13 06:41 PM - Post#1496982    

In response to Dupre2003

I dunno about Bob's take here. To me, there may be a period of "brotherhood" after taking on the big bad owners. Also what risiduals were left at the end of the year may have been forgotten with the lock out distraction.

Our only hope is that the NHL, in its attempt to address the apathy in many non-traditional markets, needs to get on-ice highlights over the national media. A good line brawl always hits ESPN, CNN etc.

BUt with today's NHL...who the eff knows?
Where's the money Lebowski?

Page 1 of 2 All12
Icon Legend Permissions & Sharing Options Topic Options
Print Topic

Follow
46 Online Now
0 viewable users and 0 hidden plus 46 guests are online now.
Ad
Recent Topics
FusionBB™ Version 3.2 | ©2003-2014 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.426 seconds.   Total Queries: 353   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT-5). Current time is 04:08 AM