hockey-fights.com
Username Post: Luongo: Will he be traded now        (Topic#538208)
bizzaro
all star
Total Posts: 1409
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-07-13 05:25 PM - Post#1496968    

Its been a long freekin lockout...bastards! For those who have forgotten, Canucks GM MIke Gillis tried to trade Lu previously to no avail. Now, some teams are very interested, Toronto and Florida to name 2. As a nucks fan safe to say it would save a circus around the team if a deal could get done sooner as to later. For Toronto I just not sure theres a deal there. Van needs a center to replace an injured Kesler and he's got to be a current player not a prospect. Also, we need a back up goalie back as Eddie Lack is injured in Chicago Wolves. Unlikely the Leafs will part with Grabovski or Kessel and a Tim Connely isn't enough.
He that is good for making excuses is seldom good for anything else. Benjamin Franklin

Pitbull 28
captain
Total Posts: 831
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-07-13 05:40 PM - Post#1496973    

In response to bizzaro

The rumor is Lu for Bozak+...

playoffbeard
hall of famer
Total Posts: 8761
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       

01-07-13 07:00 PM - Post#1496989    

In response to Pitbull 28

With Luongo losing his starting job, being signed at 5.3/year for the next 10 years and Vancouver up tight to the cap next year (I think they have 13 players signed at over 60 million with a cap set at 64.3), how does he have any value?

He's a great goalie no doubt, but being signed until 2022 really scares me. How much longer is he considered a good/great goalie?
Fuck you. I hope you get cancer - Matt Dillon

haymaker36
Total Posts: 13542
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-07-13 07:53 PM - Post#1497000    

In response to playoffbeard

They may have to let him ride the pine until next season when they can buy him out.
"I may be an emotional cripple but am becoming a strong, burly fucking hunk of a man."

-Crowder

Canucko29
legend
Total Posts: 10046
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-07-13 07:54 PM - Post#1497001    

In response to haymaker36

• haymaker36 Said:
They may have to let him ride the pine until next season when they can buy him out.

Why would they do that when they've already fielded offers for him?
-Sedin Playoff Series Wins: 6
-Minnesota Mild Series Wins: 2

playoffbeard
hall of famer
Total Posts: 8761
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       

01-07-13 08:26 PM - Post#1497009    

In response to Canucko29

In a year where the cap stays at 70+ million and the Canucks having a good enough team to challenge for the cup, why not keep both goalies? The schedule being as packed as it will be, will lend itself to a two goalie system. Injuries are bound to happen playing multiple back to back games and a few 3 games in 4 nights. I think it's best the Canucks hold onto Luongo for this season and try to ship him out in the summer.
Fuck you. I hope you get cancer - Matt Dillon

DoubleJ
legend
Total Posts: 12281
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-07-13 08:57 PM - Post#1497026    

I wouldn't mind seeing Luongo traded to the Devils next year. Brodeur will be gone and the devils don't seem to have any plan on what to do when he's gone. The 10 year contract does scare me, though...
Devils John Madden being interviewed:
Interviewer- How does it feel to cover Gomez?
Madden- I don't know. I don't cover 3rd line centers.

haymaker36
Total Posts: 13542
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-07-13 08:59 PM - Post#1497027    

In response to Canucko29

• Canucko29 Said:
  • haymaker36 Said:

Why would they do that when they've already fielded offers for him?

You're probably right. I don't think that they are going to get near what they were asking for him before the lockout though, as I remember the price seemed to be pretty steep. They certainly won't get equal value talent wise.
"I may be an emotional cripple but am becoming a strong, burly fucking hunk of a man."

-Crowder

Canucko29
legend
Total Posts: 10046
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-07-13 11:22 PM - Post#1497049    

• playoffbeard Said:
In a year where the cap stays at 70+ million and the Canucks having a good enough team to challenge for the cup, why not keep both goalies? The schedule being as packed as it will be, will lend itself to a two goalie system. Injuries are bound to happen playing multiple back to back games and a few 3 games in 4 nights. I think it's best the Canucks hold onto Luongo for this season and try to ship him out in the summer.

I agree 100%. I think it would be a wise move at this point. Unfortunately, I think (and not to sound like Huard) that behind the scenes, Luongo and Gillis have agreed on a set of teams that he will agree to be traded to. It just seems that way the way Luongo is handling these interviews with the media so well.
-Sedin Playoff Series Wins: 6
-Minnesota Mild Series Wins: 2

Brawls16
legend
Total Posts: 11663
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-08-13 04:54 AM - Post#1497068    

In response to Canucko29

He can stay in Vancouver for all I care.
#1 - Brian McGrattan (Champ)
#2 - Jay Rosehill
#3 - Luke Gazdic

Fighter of the Year - McGrattan
Rookie of the Year - Gazdic
Fight of the Year - Lucic vs Rechlicz

FIGHTfan0506
captain
Total Posts: 854
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-08-13 09:49 PM - Post#1497285    

In response to Canucko29

• Canucko29 Said:
  • playoffbeard Said:

I agree 100%. I think it would be a wise move at this point. Unfortunately, I think (and not to sound like Huard) that behind the scenes, Luongo and Gillis have agreed on a set of teams that he will agree to be traded to. It just seems that way the way Luongo is handling these interviews with the media so well.

I agree. I think he had to have agreed to go to Toronto or Florida. Both of those moves also put Lu out of Vancouvers conference.

tmc
superstar
Total Posts: 3091
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-08-13 10:24 PM - Post#1497288    

In response to FIGHTfan0506

Burke will get him, he is desperate. Four years no playoffs and he still has a job? First he swung for the fences with signings and trades,then said they had to develop from within. Third try? Burke will come out with "finally a franchise goalie" routine, making them top contenders etc,etc,etc.

I am not a Leafs fan,but they deserve better than Burke.

The two goalies remaining in Van would be fine but not economically feasible.

Hiring Carlyle may help, with the acquisition of Luongo they can be a playoff team. BB will then look down his nose at all the media and say.... " I told you so,things don't happen overnight."

Luongo is a top notch goalie...playing in Toronto soon

ChiefBerube17
superstar
Total Posts: 4475
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-09-13 08:27 PM - Post#1497595    

In response to tmc

Luongo might end up in Philly.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=413187

cashman rulz
legend
Total Posts: 12170
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-09-13 08:30 PM - Post#1497596    

In response to ChiefBerube17

2.7 million in cap space....who is going to vancouver??

ChiefBerube17
superstar
Total Posts: 4475
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-09-13 10:59 PM - Post#1497639    

In response to cashman rulz

rumored the Canucks were interested in either Talbot,Schenn or Couturier.

probally not going to happen.

Icon Legend Permissions & Sharing Options Topic Options
Print Topic

Follow
46 Online Now
1 viewable users and 0 hidden plus 45 guests are online now.
Hot Topic
Most recent hot topic is "New York Islanders @ Buffalo Sabres 4/13/14 Johnson vs Scott" with 70 replies.
Ad
Recent Topics
FusionBB™ Version 3.2 | ©2003-2014 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.401 seconds.   Total Queries: 272   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT-5). Current time is 02:54 AM