hockey-fights.com
 Page 1 of 3 All123
Username Post: Flyers: Sestito, Rinaldo, Shelley?        (Topic#538214)
irish_66
hall of famer
Total Posts: 8007
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-08-13 08:17 AM - Post#1497084    

I know in a shortened season especially, there is NO chance of these three in the lineup together. But Briere's wrist will likely keep him sidelined for a week into the season and the Flyers only really have 13 guys, 14 with Eric (4 goals in 20 AHL games this season)Wellwood on their roster, there is a good chance at least two of these will be in the lineup together. Could be fun though. My guess is Sestito is the odd man out most nights, but lets hope otherwise.
"Dave Brown is important to this team. He's the best at what he does."-Dave Poulin

Huard28
Total Posts: 29672
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-08-13 08:25 AM - Post#1497086    

In response to irish_66

I am thinking only Rinaldo plays. I would be surprised if Shelley is even in the NHL moving forward. Surely the Flyers have a couple young guys they want to bring in?

Harry Z, Tye McGinn, and Ben Holmstrom could all stick in Philly.
"I never participate in the game anymore. It doesn't work. I am too bad. I only fight". - Link Gaetz

daveh8
superstar
Total Posts: 3984
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-08-13 09:43 AM - Post#1497108    

In response to Huard28

wow i think you guys are way off. tom sestito is ahead of rinaldo, holmstrom is injured and likely out for the season, harry Z blows, shelley blows, i think the final 3 forwards are sestito, laughton, and wellwood.

ThememanXX
all star
Total Posts: 2454
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-08-13 10:06 AM - Post#1497113    

In response to daveh8

Tye McGinn is looking good in the AHL this season.

Cotton
Total Posts: 27494
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-08-13 11:21 AM - Post#1497137    

In response to ThememanXX

Sestito will get more ice out of the 3. I think him and Rinaldo will play most nights. I think Shelly has played his last NHL game already. It's been a good run, but my guess is he is done.
"No man in the wrong can stand up against a fellow that's in the right an keeps on a-comin."
-creed of Texas Ranger Captain W. J. McDonald

Goldenscud
Total Posts: 16046
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-08-13 08:38 PM - Post#1497276    

In response to Cotton

• Cotton Said:
Sestito will get more ice out of the 3. I think him and Rinaldo will play most nights. I think Shelly has played his last NHL game already. It's been a good run, but my guess is he is done.

I think you might be right about Sestito Cotton. Rinaldo will play some but he has a bullseye on his back from the refs. Sestito has the size and if I recall, can play a little bit. Unfortunately, Shelley is pretty much done and will be the odd man out. He's a good veteran voice in the locker room and maybe he ends up as an assistant after he officially retires.

irish_66
hall of famer
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-08-13 09:03 PM - Post#1497278    

In response to Goldenscud

I thought Shelley was done as well, but according Tim Panaccio he is in the best physical shape in years-though he still cant skate I am guessing. Dont count him out. My friend works out at the Skate Zone and the guy was there twice a day since October. Wishful thinking probably, but we shall see.
"Dave Brown is important to this team. He's the best at what he does."-Dave Poulin

CRussell
superstar
Total Posts: 4748
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-08-13 10:55 PM - Post#1497295    

In response to irish_66

I think Shelley puts a lot of work into practicing. I have no idea how many he games he'll play, but I do know I would prefer Sestito over Rinaldo.

Tim-
legend
Total Posts: 15087
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-08-13 11:58 PM - Post#1497303    

In response to CRussell

I'm sure the Flyers will at least give Shelley a proper goodbye, and let him have one game.

Isn't Sestito a center? If so, you can bank on him getting more ice time than the other two.

Rinaldo should play... but is only really effective with an enforcer in the lineup. He's a fucking asshole on the ice. But man can he hit. Too bad hitting isn't allowed.
"It is not our fault that the world is bad, and we do not want to die changing it. We want to live- that is all."

-Tadeusz Borowski

coalinga
all star
Total Posts: 1304
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-09-13 05:40 AM - Post#1497308    

In response to Tim-

Both Sestito and Rinaldo has and can play both center and wing.

I like Sestito. He doesn't use his size all that well in a fight and often gets beat but he has heart and is still a good enough fighter to enforce.

I really want Rinaldo to play for the simple reason that I like the shit he stirs up. Let me put it this way: I really miss Avery. Not because I'm a fan, because he created drama and fights.
1.Probert 2.Brown 3.Wilson 4.Playfair 5.Gillies 6.Grimson 7.McSorley 8.Hunter 9.Wensink 10.Miller

Cotton
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-09-13 10:47 PM - Post#1497631    

In response to coalinga

Sestito has played really well overseas. 19 points in 17 games to go along with his 69 PIMs.
"No man in the wrong can stand up against a fellow that's in the right an keeps on a-comin."

Tim-
legend
Total Posts: 15087
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-09-13 11:02 PM - Post#1497642    

In response to Cotton

I agree that I miss Avery.

Though, I'm a fan of him. He's a really good player, and stirs up a lot of shit, and backs it up really well. He could be the LW champ if he wanted.

If the Flyers won't play Rinaldo, I'd love him in Washington (or anywhere else, as long as he plays).
"It is not our fault that the world is bad, and we do not want to die changing it. We want to live- that is all."

-Tadeusz Borowski

haymaker36
Total Posts: 13542
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-09-13 11:33 PM - Post#1497659    

In response to Cotton

• Cotton Said:
Sestito has played really well overseas. 19 points in 17 games to go along with his 69 PIMs.

You kind of have to take the league into consideration. Biz Nasty was a point a game player over there too.
"I may be an emotional cripple but am becoming a strong, burly fucking hunk of a man."

-Crowder

coalinga
all star
Total Posts: 1304
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-10-13 05:19 AM - Post#1497668    

In response to haymaker36

Obviously the EIHL is not an elite league so perhaps Biz and Sestitos points average is not relevant but both are actually surprisingly well rounded players. Biz can skate and Sestito has a pretty good eye for the net.

I should add that the sample size from which I'm making that statement is limited to a few full games. Especially in Sestitos case.
1.Probert 2.Brown 3.Wilson 4.Playfair 5.Gillies 6.Grimson 7.McSorley 8.Hunter 9.Wensink 10.Miller

Cotton
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-11-13 02:53 PM - Post#1498152    

• haymaker36 Said:
  • Cotton Said:

You kind of have to take the league into consideration. Biz Nasty was a point a game player over there too.

Good point. lol

Sestito does have some skill though and is not a pure goon.

haymaker36
Total Posts: 13542
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-11-13 04:19 PM - Post#1498183    

In response to Cotton

I agree.
"I may be an emotional cripple but am becoming a strong, burly fucking hunk of a man."

-Crowder

Gorak
all star
Total Posts: 1083
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-11-13 06:01 PM - Post#1498205    

Sestito has the mumps. Was he playing in the 3rd World League? What's next, leprosy?

cashman rulz
legend
Total Posts: 12171
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-11-13 07:43 PM - Post#1498219    

In response to Gorak

• Gorak Said:
Sestito has the mumps. Was he playing in the 3rd World League? What's next, leprosy?

No,Horton:)

irish_66
hall of famer
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-13-13 02:05 PM - Post#1498548    

I think the Mumps is scarier than Horton.

Bridgman
Senior Vet
Total Posts: 9296
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-16-13 01:03 PM - Post#1499325    

In response to irish_66

I think Shelly gets more games in than we think. It's his contract year, and he just lost a 1/2 year salary with the strike.

I think he's ready-going to play a lot (for his quota) and if he does well, he'll stick around.

Page 1 of 3 All123
Icon Legend Permissions & Sharing Options Topic Options
Print Topic

Follow
41 Online Now
6 viewable users and 1 hidden plus 34 guests are online now.
Hot Topic
Most recent hot topic is "New York Islanders @ Buffalo Sabres 4/13/14 Johnson vs Scott" with 71 replies.
Ad
Recent Topics
FusionBB™ Version 3.2 | ©2003-2014 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.32 seconds.   Total Queries: 349   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT-5). Current time is 08:30 AM