hockey-fights.com
Username Post: NHL Games on Hughes and NHL Network TV 75-80        (Topic#538218)
bubbalou
journeyman
Total Posts: 69
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-08-13 04:32 PM - Post#1497221    

From the mid 1979's till about 1980 NHL Fans were treated to NHL games other than team regular telecasts and HNIC Telecasts.

This was the so called NHL Newtork or Hughes Television Network of Monday night,Friday night and Saturday afternoon games as well as Sunday afternoon/evening games.

I remember these games growing up in Toronto,we used to catch the games on WUTV Channel 29 Buffalo.

I remember two of my favourite games watched on these broadcasts,March 11/1978 Boston@Philly where Jim Seeweed Pettie starts a line brawl at his end of the net.And the Feb 22/80 Friday night game between Philly and Vancouver with the Bench Clearing brawl in the third.Another game that is on our fight tapes is the March 77 Toronto@Philly game with the brawl at the end of the period.

For these games,on air personnl were "rented" leased from other team broadcasts.For example Ted Darling who was the voice of thee Sabres calleda few games,and Dan Kelly,vpoice of the Blues did a number of them

Some complete games exist in the hobby from these broascasts.Is there a fight tape that has the line brawl which Pettie starts?

Here is the link with the schedules of telecasts on NHL Network and Hughes,for research and nostalgia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_NHL_Network_ (1975...

Icon Legend Permissions & Sharing Options Topic Options
Print Topic

Follow
46 Online Now
1 viewable users and 0 hidden plus 45 guests are online now.
Hot Topic
Most recent hot topic is "Palin Brawl" with 37 replies.
Ad
Recent Topics
FusionBB™ Version 3.2 | ©2003-2014 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.046 seconds.   Total Queries: 52   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT-5). Current time is 02:40 AM