hockey-fights.com
Username Post: Tim Hunters and Dave Semenko rivalry        (Topic#538245)
juha82
hall of famer
Total Posts: 9578
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-11-13 07:38 AM - Post#1497996    

I am gonna ask how many times they was fighning?
I remember Hunter beat the crap out of Semenko TWICE but hasnt seen of their next battles.
Has u some info or any clip of them???

fiasco001
hall of famer
Total Posts: 5395
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-11-13 03:42 PM - Post#1498169    

In response to juha82

I got them fighting 6 times, both winning 2 and a couple of draws. There were also a few no gos and punches to each other when the other guy was already engaged with somebody else. I think there were a couple of attempted jumpings and blidside shots from each other, but only the 6 real fights that I can remember.

juha82
hall of famer
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-12-13 01:18 AM - Post#1498260    

In response to fiasco001

• fiasco001 Said:
I got them fighting 6 times, both winning 2 and a couple of draws. There were also a few no gos and punches to each other when the other guy was already engaged with somebody else. I think there were a couple of attempted jumpings and blidside shots from each other, but only the 6 real fights that I can remember.

How clearly Semenko won a Hunter btw??
Hunter really gave two BEATINGS on Semenko.
Nice to see that you replied to me with friendly way, dude.
Keep this style please or? (=
I will not hassle with you but i was wondering one thing, you maybe knows what i mean.

fiasco001
hall of famer
Total Posts: 5395
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-12-13 07:38 PM - Post#1498390    

In response to juha82

The first fight was Semenko winning,buy landing 4-5 good shots to Hunters 1. If I remember it right, Hunter went down after trying to throw a bomb that missed and put him off balance. The last fight is on Video, Semenko came in to rescue Paul Coffey and set off a pretty good Brawl. Hunter was bloodied good in that one. We've obviously seen the 2 that Hunter won. The one behind the net the third fight they had, was very one sided. Probably 20-2 punches in favor of Hunter, Sammy's bag of dirty tricks had Hunter coming out of it worse than Semenko as Sammy kneed him busting Hunter open quite badly. Then of coarse, there was the second fight they had in the playoffs along the boards, Semenko started off good, got tired,Hunter tied him up, and won the rest of the fight. Sammy dropped him with a sucker shot between the linesmen, setting off yet another brawl.

The biggest beating was the one Hunter gave Semenko behind the net. The most damaging was the last fight in the 86 playoffs when Semenko came in to rescue Coffey.

McRae17
all star
Total Posts: 1713
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-13-13 09:36 AM - Post#1498472    

In response to fiasco001

I remember seeing the beating Hunter put on Semenko behind the net. One of those shocking fights to me. I always though Semenko as some kind of monster, always hearing what a bad ass he was. Then seeing him get hammered by Tim Hunter was a sight to see. When seeing fights was not as easy.
This had to be one of the biggest wins for Hunter and established him as one of the best.

juha82
hall of famer
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-13-13 11:17 AM - Post#1498492    

In response to McRae17

• McRae17 Said:
I remember seeing the beating Hunter put on Semenko behind the net. One of those shocking fights to me. I always though Semenko as some kind of monster, always hearing what a bad ass he was. Then seeing him get hammered by Tim Hunter was a sight to see. When seeing fights was not as easy.
This had to be one of the biggest wins for Hunter and established him as one of the best.

Although Hunter was great fighter(usually) as he had also several weakers moments in his long career.
Not Top10-15 fighter of all the time.
Hunter still on my Top20 list for sure.
I remember old Hunter put nice beating on rookie Johnson and he earned a narrow win over Mckenzie in slugfest type of bout as many of us is calling it for JimmyMac or draw but i see more edge Hunter despite of blood.
Helluva bout between two heavyweights.

Hunter had excellent technique but his hand speed was very slow IMO as i could go on cup of coffee and return on the place and seeing his punch landing to the mark.

Classic battler!
Definetely great thing when u had a time to post on for my topics.
THANKS sir.

Icon Legend Permissions & Sharing Options Topic Options
Print Topic

Follow
38 Online Now
1 viewable users and 0 hidden plus 37 guests are online now.
Hot Topic
Most recent hot topic is "New Job!" with 15 replies.
Ad
Recent Topics
FusionBB™ Version 3.2 | ©2003-2014 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.104 seconds.   Total Queries: 129   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT-5). Current time is 11:59 PM