hockey-fights.com
Username Post: Hockey - A People's History - CBC        (Topic#538247)
Kramer
Total Posts: 36390
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       

01-11-13 08:26 AM - Post#1498017    

Was there a thread on this series, being shown on CBC? I've seen quite a few of the episodes, apparently they have been airing on Saturday's at 7pm (since no HNIC - hope that doesn't change), because it's a fantastic series/history of hockey in Canada. The last episode I saw got into the WHA, and oh boy they showed some brutal footage from that league & era. I think alot of the stuff is 'acted/staged', and they merge that with actual footage, and read accounts from fans, interview historians, etc. Just a really good series if you like hockey.

Anyway, one of the fight clips they showed in this episode was just brutal. The dude was basically sitting on the other guy just pummeling his face in. They showed a nice Bobby Hull fight as well. Lots of good stuff in every episode, classic footage, etc. The next episode begins the Gretzky era, and they talked about how 'rivalries' are beginning to take off, and they show a nice brawl clip of the MTL-QUE game.

Very much worth watching. Whatchya say my brothers to the North? Have you caught this? Is this old, and I'm just seeing it now? As I said, i've seen many episodes so far, I record them every Saturday. I may have jumped in late though, or this may have aired once before.

I believe the episodes are also available online.

Good stuff.

http://www.cbc.ca/hockeyhistory/
"Now, now, lay off Detroit. Them people is living in 'Mad Max' times." -Moe Syzlak

RIP To The King - Bob Probert 1965-2010

Kramer
Total Posts: 36390
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       

01-11-13 08:28 AM - Post#1498018    

In response to Kramer

Looks like there are 10 episodes, i've seen 7 of them.

http://www.cbc.ca/hockeyhistory/episodes ummary/01/...
"Now, now, lay off Detroit. Them people is living in 'Mad Max' times." -Moe Syzlak

RIP To The King - Bob Probert 1965-2010

Maguire19
Total Posts: 18056
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-11-13 03:58 PM - Post#1498175    

In response to Kramer

I miss having CBC. Since I switched to Fios I dont get it anymore. Wonder if this series will be for purchase?

Icon Legend Permissions & Sharing Options Topic Options
Print Topic

Follow
59 Online Now
5 viewable users and 1 hidden plus 53 guests are online now.
Hot Topic
Most recent hot topic is "Possible Fights 9/28/14" with 42 replies.
Ad
Recent Topics
FusionBB™ Version 3.2 | ©2003-2014 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.085 seconds.   Total Queries: 83   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT-5). Current time is 07:26 AM