hockey-fights.com
Username Post: Jonquiere -vs- Riviere-du-Loup 1/11/13 - Brashear Sighting!        (Topic#538257)
Peatycap
Total Posts: 28424
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-12-13 07:15 AM - Post#1498271    

Brashear....

Peatycap
Total Posts: 28424
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-12-13 09:30 AM - Post#1498291    

In response to Peatycap

Brashear's sucker job that started it... shades of Bertuzzi. But the player looked back a good two seconds before it came, then again. He saw it coming. Still no excuse.

taz
hall of famer
Total Posts: 8863
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-12-13 11:16 AM - Post#1498308    

In response to Peatycap

What a moron. And people wonder why fighting is always under pressure to be taken out of the game.
Large Screen Laptop...$600
Internet Service...$50
Reading Johnz's inane homer posts...Priceless

Drunk_24-7
legend
Total Posts: 16696
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-12-13 12:46 PM - Post#1498335    

In response to taz

Brash with one last sucker job for old times sake. This one ranks right up there with the number he did on Lappy. What really gets me about it is that if Brashear was looking for a fight, it appeared that Derek Parker was challenging him from the center ice faceoff and chasing him around the whole shift pretty much. Then Brashear had to go around and away from Parker in order to go after Roch with the sucker shot. If he wanted to fight, all he had to do was square off with Parker who is always game and ready to go with anyone. Instead he avoids Parker like a coward and then blindsides and lesser fighter who he should be able to handle with ease face to face, from behind. Disgraceful showing by Brashear here that will remind everyone who has come around on him and learned to respect him over the years of exactly why he was so venomously hated early on his career. It was thanks to cheap, gutless plays like this. Obviously he's still got a little bit of it left in him as well. Parker got the better of the shitty little fight they had in the middle of the brawl but it wasn't much. Brash just hugged him, wrestled him down and tried to sneak in a late one as it was being broken up. Parker landed a few punches. DIASF works too but just for spite probably moreso than anything else I'm going to hang a loss on Brashear and award the win to Derek Parker who did the right thing by jumping in to defend his teammate and spark the bench brawl. The brawl didn't really amount to much though but it was a nice reaction to an unnecessary and uncalled for cheap shot by Brashear.
"To be honest, even though he lost, Hendricks did a better job of enforcing than most heavyweight enforcers do." - Peatycap

Not only is the NHL totally fucked it's fans are out to lunch now as well

Fotiu
Total Posts: 15727
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-12-13 04:21 PM - Post#1498369    

In response to Drunk_24-7

Hmm. Why anyone wonders why the majority of fight fans consider him a colossal douchebag is beyond me.
Is Roy Innis gonna have to choke a bitch?!

Edited by Gill on 01-12-13 04:22 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Johnny_Upton
Total Posts: 25860
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-13-13 02:17 PM - Post#1498550    

In response to Fotiu

Shocked that it was Brash
It was down in Louisiana,
Just about a mile from Texarkana,
In them old cotton fields back home.

Earl
all star
Total Posts: 1176
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-13-13 06:32 PM - Post#1498637    

In response to Johnny_Upton

Guys, I think I'm reasonably well liked on here and don't want to get banned for saying I'm a Brashear fan so I have a ? Now in no way shape or form am I saying it was right but is it possible Roch said something to Brashear to spark this reaction? I only ask as Roch is known to be the #1 shit talker of the LNAH which is saying something given who plays up there!!

Earl
www.facebook.com/earlskakel
www.twitter.com/earlskakel
www.youtube.com/earlskakel
New comedy album out on Itunes and Amazon!!

The Inappropriate Earl Podcast
https://soundcloud.com/inappropriate-earl
or
Itunes
https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/inappropri ate-...

M_Major
all star
Total Posts: 1040
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-14-13 04:40 PM - Post#1498822    

In response to Earl

http://tvasports.ca/hockey/brashear-pourra it-faire...

Looks like the police may get involved in this... According to this, Roche has a concussion. (Article is in French)

Always hate to see stuff on the ice get settled in court. I'd also hate to see this be the end of Brashear's career. I know I'm in the minority here, but I'm a fan & it always bums me out to see the old school guys hang it up.

Drunk_24-7
legend
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-14-13 05:39 PM - Post#1498828    

In response to M_Major

It was as dirty and cowardly a play as you will ever see but the police still have no business getting involved in it. Issues like this are meant to be settled on the ice not through suspensions or even more ridiculous, police involvement. Brash avoided Parker, waited for the clock to run out and then pulled his cheap shot so there was no chance for retaliation in this one but that's what rematch games are for.
"To be honest, even though he lost, Hendricks did a better job of enforcing than most heavyweight enforcers do." - Peatycap

M_Major
all star
Total Posts: 1040
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-14-13 06:04 PM - Post#1498832    

In response to Drunk_24-7

Spot on DRUNK- let's hope there's a chance Brashear will be in action for a rematch.

With the police getting involved, one could say what goes around comes around, as Brashear certainly wasn't pushing for the charges to be dropped against McSorley. In the end, the cops should stay out of this.

I do respect Brashear and all the horrible stuff he went through growing up. He sure as hell has provided us with a lot of rugged play over the years. I'd take this guy on my team anyday over some of the trash that's in most lineups these days.

Drunk_24-7
legend
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-19-13 12:52 AM - Post#1500087    

In response to M_Major

Cock Sucker! Brashear got a 6 game suspension, the last of which will be the final rematch game between the two teams on this season unless they meet in the playoffs. 5 games and he would have returned againt Jonquiere, 6 is one too many for any followup excitement I think. What happened to Ryan Murphy who was fighting up a storm for the Loop up to Christmas and wearing Brashear's 87? Donald must have only joined the team again recently. I wonder did Murphy just change numbers or get hurt or leave the team. It's odd he wouldn't have fought in a month. He was awesome all year.

Icon Legend Permissions & Sharing Options Topic Options
Print Topic

Follow
63 Online Now
2 viewable users and 0 hidden plus 61 guests are online now.
Hot Topic
Most recent hot topic is "Stage 1 - Round 5 - Who makes the Top 50?" with 64 replies.
Ad
Recent Topics
FusionBB™ Version 3.2 | ©2003-2014 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.201 seconds.   Total Queries: 208   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT-5). Current time is 10:07 AM