hockey-fights.com
Username Post: Jeff Kugel sighting!!!!!        (Topic#538306)
devinhester
all star
Total Posts: 1704
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-16-13 05:38 AM - Post#1499178    

Monday night around 11 or midnight I put it on the tv show Hardcore Pawn. Some black girl was screaming she wanted $30 for a printer and continued to throw a fit. Over came a security guard in a Team Kugel black t shirt. My heart dropped... I knew he was from Michigan and it was a big dude who threw the girl out. I googled his name and here is what it said... It was him and he is a MMA champion. I still love that clip of him going berzerk.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeff_Kugel
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rlbL5E0BInc

coalinga
all star
Total Posts: 1335
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-16-13 06:23 AM - Post#1499182    

In response to devinhester

Is it the same show that Darren McCarthy was on? If not I'm looking forward to a showdown between Darren and Kugel

Nice find devin. It was nice to revisit Kugels meltdown aswell!

devinhester
all star
Total Posts: 1704
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-16-13 06:29 AM - Post#1499185    

In response to coalinga

McCarty is on a different episode. The episode with Kugel has the dad buying an elephant's skull in the start....I think.

Matt Dillon
legend
Total Posts: 18737
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-16-13 06:40 AM - Post#1499188    

In response to devinhester

What is so great about jumping off the bench and sucker punching a guy you are about 5" taller then and probably have 30 pounds on, then follow it up by chasing a guy away you are twice bigger then?

Sorry I was never impressed with that clip. I understand why guys like it, but still Odjick and Grimson's meltdowns are 30x better.

Edited by Matt Dillon on 01-16-13 06:41 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

coalinga
all star
Total Posts: 1335
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-16-13 06:46 AM - Post#1499191    

In response to Matt Dillon

"Like it"... I dunno... entertained by it? Sure!

Don't read to much into it.

Kramer
Total Posts: 36390
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       

01-16-13 07:16 AM - Post#1499195    

• Matt Dillon Said:
What is so great about jumping off the bench and sucker punching a guy you are about 5" taller then and probably have 30 pounds on, then follow it up by chasing a guy away you are twice bigger then?

Sorry I was never impressed with that clip. I understand why guys like it, but still Odjick and Grimson's meltdowns are 30x better.

That's what it looked like to someone who didn't understand what had happened prior. Yes, it just appears as you describe, but what you missed was the events prior, and Adam Mair of Owen Sound being the first guy off the bench. We should all be happy, in this instance, Kugel was doing exactly what he was on the team to do. Play enforcer. His antics were in response to being over celebratory about a hockey fight. Keep in mind, Owen Sound had Sean Avery on their team as well.

BTW, I think that was an old episode, as he hasn't been on there in awhile.
"Now, now, lay off Detroit. Them people is living in 'Mad Max' times." -Moe Syzlak

RIP To The King - Bob Probert 1965-2010

irish_66
hall of famer
Total Posts: 8098
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-16-13 07:58 AM - Post#1499203    

In response to Kramer

1 of 2 of two of my favorite fighters who many never heard of-Brandon Christian the other. Good read my friend.
Gretzky to Hextall after Hexy stoned him on a breakaway in Hexy's first game:"Who the hell are you?"
Hextall's response:"Who the hell are you?"

Giz
legend
Total Posts: 10108
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-16-13 03:51 PM - Post#1499382    

In response to irish_66

I definitely remember Brandon Christian, playing with the with Johnstown Chiefs in the early 90s, and I think Pittsburgh's roller hockey team as well? Jeff Christian's brother, right?

Cotton
Total Posts: 27547
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-16-13 04:16 PM - Post#1499386    

In response to Giz

He had one fight 3 years ago with Butterbean so I wouldn't exactly call him a MMA champion.
"No man in the wrong can stand up against a fellow that's in the right an keeps on a-comin."
-creed of Texas Ranger Captain W. J. McDonald

Matt Dillon
legend
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-16-13 04:24 PM - Post#1499388    

In response to Giz

• Giz Said:
I definitely remember Brandon Christian, playing with the with Johnstown Chiefs in the early 90s, and I think Pittsburgh's roller hockey team as well? Jeff Christian's brother, right?

I think that Roller Hockey team also had Trevor Buchanan and Brock Wood, who both were pretty tough minor league fighters.

Bouboude
regular
Total Posts: 180
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-16-13 05:38 PM - Post#1499406    

Dillon just letting you know that Kramer had it right. My memory is not great but Kugel got fucked over because the head of the OHL Dave Branch is a total idiot. Mair was the first of the bench and Owen Sound started it but back in the day Mair was a real good OHL player and Kugel just a goon so he threw the book at him.

Matt Dillon
legend
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-16-13 06:16 PM - Post#1499417    

In response to Bouboude

I am not debating why he did or if he had to do it, but IMO the theme of him "going crazy" is a little over done in that video. I am sure he was/is a bad ass, but IMO there is nothing impressive he does there.

Bouboude
regular
Total Posts: 180
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-16-13 07:04 PM - Post#1499433    

Ya Dillon agree with you on that. I have seen far crazier I guess the media got a hold of it and went crazy. He should of got a few games suspension at most but Dave Branch went overboard.

steeles21
Total Posts: 18808
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       

01-16-13 08:45 PM - Post#1499468    

In response to Bouboude

Kugel got suspended forever because he told the commissioner his role on the team was "to strike fear in the opposing team". Idiot.
http://www.qualcomm.com/

irish_66
hall of famer
Total Posts: 8098
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-16-13 09:24 PM - Post#1499485    

In response to steeles21

Giz, I believe you are right. I remember he got a brief call up with the flyers AHL team when Barber was coach. Barber loved the guy, reportedly he cried when Christian thanked him for the chance after Barber told him it was a 1 game deal though.
Gretzky to Hextall after Hexy stoned him on a breakaway in Hexy's first game:"Who the hell are you?"
Hextall's response:"Who the hell are you?"

Giz
legend
Total Posts: 10108
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-16-13 11:51 PM - Post#1499532    

• Matt Dillon Said:
  • Giz Said:

I think that Roller Hockey team also had Trevor Buchanan and Brock Wood, who both were pretty tough minor league fighters.

They both were on the team and fought in the final game when the team lost in the playoffs. I posted last year looking for the video, I don't remember who Brock Woods fought, I just remember Trevor Buchanan pummeling Jay Moore. Almost 20 years ago now, so maybe it wasn't as bad as I remember.

Matt Dillon
legend
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-17-13 06:48 AM - Post#1499566    

In response to Giz

If it was the fight I remember, happened at the end of the game, yes? I don't think Woods really fought anyone, he did a lighter version of Lessard against the Baby Pens and punched about 3 players.

Icon Legend Permissions & Sharing Options Topic Options
Print Topic

Follow
30 Online Now
0 viewable users and 0 hidden plus 30 guests are online now.
Hot Topic
Most recent hot topic is "nah.....soetoro's not NUTS :-(" with 29 replies.
Ad
FusionBB™ Version 3.2 | ©2003-2014 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.26 seconds.   Total Queries: 300   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT-5). Current time is 04:26 AM