hockey-fights.com
Username Post: Mashinter to the Rangers        (Topic#538328)
haymaker36
Total Posts: 14004
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-16-13 09:17 PM - Post#1499479    

For forward Tommy Grant and a 7th rounder. This is probably a depth move for Connecticut, but he might see some time with the big club. Mashinter will entice you with his decent skill and massive frame. He also looks really good when he fights. The problem is, he can look very disinterested at times. Also, durin his two call ups to SJ he wore a fucking visor, which was really annoying. Hopefully he sees that his way to the show is to drop the gloves more and lose the visor because he is a pretty decent hockey player.
"I may be an emotional cripple but am becoming a strong, burly fucking hunk of a man."

-Crowder

Tim-
legend
Total Posts: 15267
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-16-13 09:29 PM - Post#1499487    

In response to haymaker36

I remember you were really excited about this guy. He seems like the kind of Fighter Tortorella really likes. They lost Prust and replaced him with Asham who I think at this point is a huge downgrade as a player. And with no Dubinsky either they could really use some toughness from a guy who's probably better than a 4th liner.
"It is not our fault that the world is bad, and we do not want to die changing it. We want to live- that is all."

-Tadeusz Borowski

Twist 'n Belak
superstar
Total Posts: 4201
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-16-13 09:32 PM - Post#1499491    

In response to Tim-

Damn I post these transactions in Current Fighters because they are fighters lol.
formerly Belak_2 aka Bleka...

DOWN GOES BRASHEAR!

haymaker36
Total Posts: 14004
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-16-13 09:40 PM - Post#1499496    

In response to Tim-

• Tim- Said:
I remember you were really excited about this guy. He seems like the kind of Fighter Tortorella really likes. They lost Prust and replaced him with Asham who I think at this point is a huge downgrade as a player. And with no Dubinsky either they could really use some toughness from a guy who's probably better than a 4th liner.

You just look at the guy and he's impressive. I remember him having a very good fight against Reeves where he got the better of him and I thought "damn, that kid punches HARD." The visor thing really killed it to me, though. I mean come on, how can you be 6'4", 230 lbs, be known as a fighter and still wear a visor? Lame. He's a product of David Branch's OHL I guess.
"I may be an emotional cripple but am becoming a strong, burly fucking hunk of a man."

-Crowder

Harrison
all star
Total Posts: 1130
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-16-13 10:17 PM - Post#1499514    

In response to haymaker36

Damn, I liked him in worcester. When he wanted to play he was a force. Threw hard hits and punches. Fought heavyweights. Did it all. Saw him in the pre game skate tonight vs Hershey and was wondering why he didn't dress. Hopefully he gets a shot with ny. I never minded the visor in the NHL. He played with it his whole career and just think it was something he was used too.

Edited by Harrison on 01-16-13 10:18 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Drunk_24-7
legend
Total Posts: 16848
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-16-13 11:44 PM - Post#1499530    

In response to Harrison

I'm hoping Haley makes it over Mashinter at this point and joins Asham with the big club, then when Asham retires which can't be too far off, I'd like to see Mashinter replace him, or if he can play now but not cost Haley his spot, hey I'm cool with that too. I just hope they don't give Mashinter, what would have or could have been Haley's opportunity because Haley seems like he works so much harder and so much more consistantly, although when he's on his game and bringing it, Mashinter is probably the better fighter and the better hockey player too. It's just he only brings his A game which some of the time. Haley brings it every shift of every game.
"To be honest, even though he lost, Hendricks did a better job of enforcing than most heavyweight enforcers do." - Peatycap

Not only is the NHL totally fucked it's fans are out to lunch now as well

Tim-
legend
Total Posts: 15267
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-17-13 12:23 AM - Post#1499533    

In response to Drunk_24-7

Drunk, would you take Mashinter over Haley knowing that teams are more likely to respond with muscle to Mashinter than to Haley? As in, a team like Carolina is much more likely to play Westgarth if Mashinter is in the lineup.
"It is not our fault that the world is bad, and we do not want to die changing it. We want to live- that is all."

-Tadeusz Borowski

Icon Legend Permissions & Sharing Options Topic Options
Print Topic

Follow
66 Online Now
5 viewable users and 3 hidden plus 58 guests are online now.
Hot Topic
Most recent hot topic is "Hackers threaten 9/11 attacks on movie theatres" with 46 replies.
Ad
Recent Topics
FusionBB™ Version 3.2 | ©2003-2014 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.141 seconds.   Total Queries: 146   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT-6.0). Current time is 11:43 AM