hockey-fights.com
Username Post: Report: Leafs to place Tim Connolly on waivers        (Topic#538338)
Twist 'n Belak
superstar
Total Posts: 3698
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-17-13 10:15 AM - Post#1499626    

I guess they plan on buying him out. Thank God, yet another spot opening for Orr.
formerly Belak_2 aka Bleka...

DOWN GOES BRASHEAR!

juha82
hall of famer
Total Posts: 9578
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-17-13 10:16 AM - Post#1499627    

In response to Twist 'n Belak

No this move arent opening the doors for Orr as this is opening the door for offensive line forward when Connolly... Orr is 4.liner and he needs to improve against another 4.liners and owns them to get playing in the NHL.

Twist 'n Belak
superstar
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-17-13 10:22 AM - Post#1499634    

In response to juha82

• juha82 Said:
No this move arent opening the doors for Orr as this is opening the door for offensive line forward when Connolly... Orr is 4.liner and he needs to improve against another 4.liners and owns them to get playing in the NHL.

Connolly was on the 3rd/4th lines last year, and with Lombardi traded yesterday, yes this does help Orr's cause.

DOWN GOES BRASHEAR!

juha82
hall of famer
Total Posts: 9578
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-17-13 10:27 AM - Post#1499642    

• Twist 'n Belak Said:
  • juha82 Said:

Connolly was on the 3rd/4th lines last year, and with Lombardi traded yesterday, yes this does help Orr's cause.

Aha i thought he was 1st/2nd .............

fiasco001
hall of famer
Total Posts: 5395
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-17-13 10:53 AM - Post#1499659    

In response to juha82

If they do manage to trade for Luongo, rumour has it a forward would be going back to Vancouver in the package. So that may also help out Orr in getting his spot back.

Twist 'n Belak
superstar
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-17-13 11:04 AM - Post#1499665    

In response to juha82

• juha82 Said:
  • Twist 'n Belak Said:
  • juha82 Said:

Aha i thought he was 1st/2nd .............

He was signed as the #1 C but ended up down on the 3rd/4th lines.

DOWN GOES BRASHEAR!

Huard28
Total Posts: 29890
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-17-13 11:15 AM - Post#1499668    

I have to kind of agree with JUHA here. Trading an offensive minded center like Lombardi, and another one in waiving Connolly, this would open doors for younger offensive minded centers to come up and make the team. This won't help the 4th line winger spot/enforcer spot. Kadri (will make team already) and Colborne seem to be headed to those spots. Then don't forget guys who play the wing and can move around and be tried at center such as Frattin (will make team already), Hamilton, and Ashton.
"I never participate in the game anymore. It doesn't work. I am too bad. I only fight". - Link Gaetz

Drunk_24-7
legend
Total Posts: 16575
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-17-13 11:24 AM - Post#1499672    

In response to fiasco001

Or that forward might be Orr.
"To be honest, even though he lost, Hendricks did a better job of enforcing than most heavyweight enforcers do." - Peatycap

Not only is the NHL totally fucked it's fans are out to lunch now as well

irish_66
hall of famer
Total Posts: 8078
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-17-13 11:25 AM - Post#1499675    

In response to Drunk_24-7

more proof a lot of people in toronto didnt like Burke's moves and personnel decisions.
Gretzky to Hextall after Hexy stoned him on a breakaway in Hexy's first game:"Who the hell are you?"
Hextall's response:"Who the hell are you?"

Huard28
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-17-13 11:52 AM - Post#1499680    

In response to Drunk_24-7

• Drunk_24-7 Said:

Or that forward might be Orr.

Would love it to be man, but you know how it is. Just trying to be realistic. You think I want to see any of those guys prancing around the ice over Orr?

The good news is, Mark Fraser will make the Leafs, and he is one of the more underrated tougher d-men in pro hockey. He is a tremendous fighter, could hold his own with heavies but more of a light heavy/cruiserweight. Surely does not look out of place in any fight. If he's the 6th or 7th D, that will be a plus for the Leafs in the toughness department. More of a team tough guy, I would expect him to fight 4 or 5 times anyway.
"I never participate in the game anymore. It doesn't work. I am too bad. I only fight". - Link Gaetz

Twist 'n Belak
superstar
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-17-13 11:55 AM - Post#1499683    

In response to Huard28

• Huard28 Said:
I have to kind of agree with JUHA here. Trading an offensive minded center like Lombardi, and another one in waiving Connolly, this would open doors for younger offensive minded centers to come up and make the team. This won't help the 4th line winger spot/enforcer spot. Kadri (will make team already) and Colborne seem to be headed to those spots. Then don't forget guys who play the wing and can move around and be tried at center such as Frattin (will make team already), Hamilton, and Ashton.

Colborne and Ashton were never in camp. Hamilton cleared waivers today and will be sent back down. With Orr impressing coaches with his conditioning and work ethic, I think he makes the team. If they didn't want him, he'd be on waivers and they'd buy out this last year of his contract.

DOWN GOES BRASHEAR!

Huard28
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-17-13 12:38 PM - Post#1499695    

Whatever the case may be, and I do think Carlyle wants Orr there, but I also think guys like Ashton, Colborne and Hamilton will get called up during the season, thus affecting Orr possibly.

Brawls16
legend
Total Posts: 11771
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-17-13 02:22 PM - Post#1499726    

In response to Huard28

WooooooHoooooo!!!!

I wouldn't piss on Timmy if he were on fire, one of the most useless players I've ever seen. I couldn't believe it when the Leafs signed him. His tenure here went exactly the way we all saw it going, mostly hurt and weak as shit when playing.

Just retire you pussy!
#1 - Brian McGrattan (Champ)
#2 - Jay Rosehill
#3 - Luke Gazdic

Fighter of the Year - McGrattan
Rookie of the Year - Gazdic
Fight of the Year - Lucic vs Rechlicz

Brawls16
legend
Total Posts: 11771
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-17-13 02:23 PM - Post#1499728    

In response to irish_66

• irish_66 Said:
more proof a lot of people in toronto didnt like Burke's moves and personnel decisions.

Colton Orr.
#1 - Brian McGrattan (Champ)
#2 - Jay Rosehill
#3 - Luke Gazdic

Fighter of the Year - McGrattan
Rookie of the Year - Gazdic
Fight of the Year - Lucic vs Rechlicz

Icon Legend Permissions & Sharing Options Topic Options
Print Topic

Follow
50 Online Now
3 viewable users and 0 hidden plus 47 guests are online now.
Hot Topic
Most recent hot topic is "Fights that were very close to happening, but never did." with 19 replies.
Ad
Recent Topics
FusionBB™ Version 3.2 | ©2003-2014 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.223 seconds.   Total Queries: 253   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT-5). Current time is 11:29 PM