hockey-fights.com
 Page 1 of 8 1234>» Last
Username Post: The OFFICIAL John Scott thread        (Topic#538342)
Huard28
Total Posts: 29686
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-17-13 03:04 PM - Post#1499748    

All John Scott aka fingerfucked related posts, consolidate them to this thread for the season.

The infamous John Scott will be playing full time in the NHL this season for the Buffalo Sabres.

According to some (or one) he is undefeated in fights in his pro hockey career, most notably the NHL.

He is a monster of a man, stronger/tougher then any human who has played the game of hockey some say. (with exception perhaps of Dave Manson)

On a serious note, with Cody McCormick going on IR for around half the season, the Sabres are said to be going to use Scott A LOT, and for sure against teams that have toughness. I expect to see him quite active as I think in the short season, enforcers will be forced to fight more/a lot to prove their keep and re-enforce their jobs and mark on the game.

I also think more guys will NOT hesitate to fight. You got a bunch of tough guys on new teams looking to impress, you got some working their way back to the NHL trying to stick and hang on to their careers and you got the up and comers looking to prove themselves. So this is looking good. This should be the most active Scott has been in fights per game average.

So away we go! Make Rob Ray proud wearing that #32!!

"I never participate in the game anymore. It doesn't work. I am too bad. I only fight". - Link Gaetz

Dupre2003
hall of famer
Total Posts: 5130
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-17-13 03:09 PM - Post#1499751    

In response to Huard28

• Dupre2003 Said:
  • Dupre2003 Said:
Won all his fights? Meaning last season? What about his minor league career?

Westgarth and Engelland are good, but both guys have had big losses to other HWs too.. I would not put Westgarth and Engelland in the top of the class..

Would you have a list of his 'big' wins over the last 3-5 years? curious.. as for me he is not worthy of the highest rankings, yet..

Johnz, others.. still waiting for some proof of Scott's greatness..

Huard28
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-17-13 03:24 PM - Post#1499755    

In response to Dupre2003

Yeah were were those posts? I couldn't find the thread, I had thought it was titled as a John Scott thread?
"I never participate in the game anymore. It doesn't work. I am too bad. I only fight". - Link Gaetz

Huard28
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-17-13 03:29 PM - Post#1499757    

In response to Huard28

I remember 24-0 being thrown around a few times, even by media, so looked it up and I can see where they got that from. It appears he is 24-0-2 in his 26 NHL Fights (include 2 pre-season). One could argue another draw or two, but nonetheless he hasn't had a loss?

I don't remember him much in the AHL, and never thought of him as dominant until his final season with Minny.

He had well over 30 fights in the AHL and only shows as 1 loss (Rocky Thompson), but a bunch of fights have no outcome or decision known??

Brawls16
legend
Total Posts: 11682
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-17-13 03:34 PM - Post#1499758    

In response to Huard28

McGrattan, MacIntyre, Thornton, Orr, Carkner, Shelley, Godard, Ivanans, Boulton, Hordichuk, Barch, Rosehill, Gillies, Erskine, McLaren, Kassian, Lucic, Rupp, Bizzonnette, Neil, Brashear, Laraque, Peters, (Boogaard, Belak)....etc....

Who else hasn't Scott fought??????

24-0 my ass!
#1 - Brian McGrattan (Champ)
#2 - Jay Rosehill
#3 - Luke Gazdic

Fighter of the Year - McGrattan
Rookie of the Year - Gazdic
Fight of the Year - Lucic vs Rechlicz

Dupre2003
hall of famer
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-17-13 04:40 PM - Post#1499769    

In response to Brawls16

Easy to be 24-0 when you are 'selective' as to who you 'bully'..

Hey not trying to be a prick, I like Scott for what he brings.. but some are getting carried away with the champ' talk.. guy is unproven against real competition.. Hopefully this year changes and he faces the big boys.. we'll see then.. then again, not many 'big boys' left in the NHL..

Huard28
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-17-13 04:57 PM - Post#1499773    

In response to Dupre2003

Seems like only 1 guy crowned him champ, but the media has hyped him in Buffalo already as an undefeated HW champ.

Out of your list BRAWLS, for this season:

McGrattan (doesn't play vs him), MacIntyre (if he gets called up for sure), Thornton (guaranteed), Orr (guaranteed if Orr makes team), Carkner (has a good chance), Shelley (guaranteed if Shelley makes team), Boulton (if Boulton wants it), Hordichuk (doesn't play vs him), Barch (guaranteed), Rosehill (doesn't play vs him), Erskine (he won't fight Scott), McLaren (doesn't play vs him), Kassian (doesn't play vs him), Lucic (guaranteed obviously if Lucic obliges), Rupp (guaranteed if Rupp wants it), Bissonnette (doesn't play vs him), Neil (if Neil wants it).

Surely we will see 1 or 2 rounds vs Westgarth (Carolina), and then possible Lucic, and Sh.Thornton, longshot vs Chara. In the division, should have Orr as well. Neil and Prust won't fight him I don't think.

Don't forget a few games vs Florida (Parros), vs New Jersey (Janssen if he makes the team as well as Barch), and now Winnipeg (Peluso).

glockman30
superstar
Total Posts: 2982
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-17-13 05:24 PM - Post#1499784    

In response to Huard28

My prediction is Westgarth destroys Scott in the first meeting of the year. TKO with a broken orbital.

And thats the bottom line....
You can easily judge the character of a man by the way he treats those who can do nothing for him.
- General Wayne Downing

Fotiu
Total Posts: 15617
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-17-13 05:36 PM - Post#1499788    

In response to glockman30

• glockman30 Said:
My prediction is Westgarth destroys Scott in the first meeting of the year. TKO with a broken orbital.

WORD.
Is Roy Innis gonna have to choke a bitch?!

PuckRogue
Total Posts: 31642
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-17-13 05:47 PM - Post#1499794    

In response to Fotiu

fingerfucked!

-PR
Bee-dee Bee-dee Bee-dee

Drunk_24-7
legend
Total Posts: 16428
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-17-13 06:26 PM - Post#1499802    

In response to Huard28

The A Train will drop Scott like a glove.
"To be honest, even though he lost, Hendricks did a better job of enforcing than most heavyweight enforcers do." - Peatycap

Not only is the NHL totally fucked it's fans are out to lunch now as well

cutthroat
captain
Total Posts: 742
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-17-13 06:55 PM - Post#1499809    

In response to glockman30

• glockman30 Said:

i like it.

Round 1 (2010): Scott destroys Westgarth. broken nose, and a shit ton of blood.

Round 2 (3 weeks later): Westie goes right at him, and ekes out a draw (although i wouldn't argue with edge Scott, either).

Round 3 (2013): Scott gets blasted. like Glock said, but throw in a concussion as well.

lock it!!

Brawls16
legend
Total Posts: 11682
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-18-13 04:39 AM - Post#1499878    

In response to Huard28

• Huard28 Said:
Seems like only 1 guy crowned him champ, but the media has hyped him in Buffalo already as an undefeated HW champ.

Out of your list BRAWLS, for this season:

McGrattan (doesn't play vs him), MacIntyre (if he gets called up for sure), Thornton (guaranteed), Orr (guaranteed if Orr makes team), Carkner (has a good chance), Shelley (guaranteed if Shelley makes team), Boulton (if Boulton wants it), Hordichuk (doesn't play vs him), Barch (guaranteed), Rosehill (doesn't play vs him), Erskine (he won't fight Scott), McLaren (doesn't play vs him), Kassian (doesn't play vs him), Lucic (guaranteed obviously if Lucic obliges), Rupp (guaranteed if Rupp wants it), Bissonnette (doesn't play vs him), Neil (if Neil wants it).

Surely we will see 1 or 2 rounds vs Westgarth (Carolina), and then possible Lucic, and Sh.Thornton, longshot vs Chara. In the division, should have Orr as well. Neil and Prust won't fight him I don't think.

Don't forget a few games vs Florida (Parros), vs New Jersey (Janssen if he makes the team as well as Barch), and now Winnipeg (Peluso).

Lots of potential and no excuses this year no doubt. I'm sure we'll see Scott fight most guys you pointed out that he plays this year.

I like Scott and he's obviously great for all us fight fans, I'm just not a fan of people putting him up on the pedestal when he cracked the NHL 5 years ago and after 150 games he's only found the Stortini/Westgarths of the NHL....

Leafs vs Sabers games should be fun again!....it's been a while.
#1 - Brian McGrattan (Champ)
#2 - Jay Rosehill
#3 - Luke Gazdic

Fighter of the Year - McGrattan
Rookie of the Year - Gazdic
Fight of the Year - Lucic vs Rechlicz

SolidChin34
all star
Total Posts: 1111
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-18-13 07:16 AM - Post#1499890    

In response to Brawls16

I think if I were a Buffalo fan I would be pumped for Scott to. Especially after the last 4 years of minimal to no toughness. This is a huge cat who has the potential to be a legit Enforcer. Like some of you guys are saying though... I hope his fight card gets filled with the tougher/toughest guys on the other teams & not the middle weights that are filling his card now, he will not be considered by most of us as a top dog. I hope for us fight fans he will step up (& I think he will) I just hope he sucks in fights against Boston...lol.

juha82
hall of famer
Total Posts: 9578
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-18-13 07:26 AM - Post#1499893    

In response to SolidChin34

John Scott is great fighter but spot picker.
He gave really good beating on Westgarth.

Maguire19
Total Posts: 17896
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-18-13 07:26 AM - Post#1499894    

In response to SolidChin34

This is definitely going to be his make or break season and he'll have no choice to fight the top guys. All questions will be answered.

Holmgren
superstar
Total Posts: 2798
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       

01-18-13 07:48 AM - Post#1499895    

In response to Maguire19

Couple of favorite fights from John Scott :

Bolduc
http://www.youtube.com./watch?v=f1cvOiKuxH8

Against a bloddy Mitch Fritz
http://www.youtube.com./watch?v=SpYselG9lNE

Against Westgarth

http://www.youtube.com./watch?v=985bd9nTDGA
I see Blue! . . . He looks glorious!

Huard28
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-18-13 08:36 AM - Post#1499898    

In response to Holmgren

As for spot picking, his card is not bad and if you look at the weaker names on his list (his 1st NHL fight vs Cody McCormick, and his fight vs Derek Dorsett, BOTH those outmatched guys instigated the fight with Scott. He didn't go after them.)

McCormick and Scott, now teammates, have joked about that fight, Scott remembers it as his 1st NHL fight and McCormick remembers it as "just happy he survived". Scott called the fight a straight up DRAW and said McCormick tagged him with one right off the bat.

Dupre2003
hall of famer
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-18-13 08:40 AM - Post#1499899    

In response to Huard28

So far we have a slight decision for McComick.. some may call it a draw.. hmmmm..

SolidChin34
all star
Total Posts: 1111
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-18-13 08:48 AM - Post#1499901    

In response to Huard28

I can't wait till the Bos/Buf match up! Thornton vs Scott will be a good match up Imo. Thornton is a very smart fighter & likes to fight inside against guys with size & power (Scott) & is great with his short punches & his timing is also great. Scott likes to string guys out & use his hight to sling off the power punches & Thornton is not gonna let that happen. Lucic on the other hand is really tough but Lucic also likes to fight with guys strung out & snap off power punches & can get reckless at times just trading punch for punch & I think that will give Scott the upper hand with his power (not a good match up for Looch) Lucic has pretty good punching power to & could always catch Scott with one. I think Scott is gonna look for Lucic first though? We shall see!!!!???

Page 1 of 8 1234>» Last
Icon Legend Permissions & Sharing Options Topic Options
Print Topic

Follow
38 Online Now
1 viewable users and 0 hidden plus 37 guests are online now.
Ad
Recent Topics
FusionBB™ Version 3.2 | ©2003-2014 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.514 seconds.   Total Queries: 348   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT-5). Current time is 06:47 AM