hockey-fights.com
 Page 1 of 2 All12
Username Post: Lookes like Rinaldo will be...        (Topic#538350)
Fed29
all star
Total Posts: 1587
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-18-13 02:04 PM - Post#1499964    

the Flyers "heavy" to start off the year. Thats cool because he will be on a line with Eric Wellwood, that good though we can watch him skate fast and do nothing with it...

Maguire19
Total Posts: 18126
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-18-13 02:22 PM - Post#1499967    

In response to Fed29

No Sestito or Shelley for this weekend? Maybe a dumb question but Matt Walker is toast right?

Twist 'n Belak
superstar
Total Posts: 4198
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-18-13 02:33 PM - Post#1499968    

In response to Maguire19

Walker will be put on LTIR with Pronger I believe.
formerly Belak_2 aka Bleka...

DOWN GOES BRASHEAR!

Huard28
Total Posts: 30471
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-18-13 02:49 PM - Post#1499972    

In response to Twist 'n Belak

No Shelley or Sestito? I figured so. Did either make the team at least? So if neither of those guys play then John Scott will likely not dress for Buffalo. This will suck. It's up to the other team to dress their heavy or Scott won't play. Are the Flyers going the pussy route?
"I never participate in the game anymore. It doesn't work. I am too bad. I only fight". - Link Gaetz

BillyH
all star
Total Posts: 1056
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-18-13 02:54 PM - Post#1499975    

In response to Huard28

Join the Dallas Star's pussy club.

Just saw the opening night lineup and good god...Its the Red Wings, except with no talent. WTF??

Maguire19
Total Posts: 18126
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-18-13 03:12 PM - Post#1499979    

In response to BillyH

Yeah, thats rough in Dallas. Cant believe Gazdic still cant crack it there. Hopefully he gets called up.

Minus Biz in PHO and Parros in FLA, those two teams are brutal too.

daveh8
superstar
Total Posts: 4031
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-18-13 03:18 PM - Post#1499980    

In response to Maguire19

it looks like the flyers are going full pussy, shocker.

Twist 'n Belak
superstar
Total Posts: 4198
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-18-13 03:45 PM - Post#1499983    

In response to daveh8

Pens Report (@pensreport) tweeted at 3:28 PM on Fri, Jan 18, 2013:
Flyers Daniel Briere is out for opener vs. Pens with wrist fracture, TSN projects Tom Sestito for his spot- http://t.co/aZ1qPxmK
(https://twitter.com/pensreport/status/292 367828114350080)
formerly Belak_2 aka Bleka...

DOWN GOES BRASHEAR!

Peatycap
Total Posts: 28581
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-18-13 03:45 PM - Post#1499984    

In response to daveh8

We always start the season with high expectations because of "who's on the roster." Then opening night rolls around... and the balloons deflate.

Cotton
Total Posts: 27605
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-18-13 03:51 PM - Post#1499986    

In response to Peatycap

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/inqflyer sreport...

The Flyers' roster is set, and the lines and pairings are expected to look like this Saturday:

Lines: Claude Giroux centering Hartnell and Brayden Schenn; Sean Couturier centering Max Talbot and Jake Voracek; Scott Laughton centering Wayne Simmonds and Matt Read; and Eric Wellwood centering Ruslan Fedotenko and Zac Rinaldo.

Defensive pairings: Braydon Coburn and Nick Grossmann; Kimmo Timonen and Luke Schenn; and Andrej Meszaros and Kurtis Foster.

Goalies: lya Bryzgalov and Michael Leighton.

Extras: Bruno Gervais, Jody Shelley and Tom Sestito. (Danny Briere goes starts the season on IR)
"No man in the wrong can stand up against a fellow that's in the right an keeps on a-comin."
-creed of Texas Ranger Captain W. J. McDonald

Cotton
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-18-13 03:53 PM - Post#1499989    

In response to Cotton

The Flyers are still tougher than last year IMO. Adding Luke Schenn and Laughton to the roster helps a bit. Sure, not heavy, but I will take it in this NHL.
"No man in the wrong can stand up against a fellow that's in the right an keeps on a-comin."

Peatycap
Total Posts: 28581
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-18-13 04:03 PM - Post#1499994    

In response to Cotton

They'll play. It's a shortened season. Guys will get banged up due to the intensity of the schedule. Fights are "supposed" to be up. They'll get their ice time IMO.

Hextall4ever
all star
Total Posts: 2094
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-18-13 04:07 PM - Post#1499998    

In response to Peatycap

Rinaldo article from Flyers website

VOORHEES, N.J. – Every training camp, there are jobs up for grabs. Of course, there are veterans who have a spot locked up, and it’s known from Day One that is the case.

Sometimes, a guy comes in to camp and surprises everyone and wins a job – maybe even one that wasn’t necessarily open.

Last year, the big camp surprise was rookie Sean Couturier. Not only did he unexpectedly make the team out of camp, but was a key piece to the Flyers season.

There was another guy who made the team out of camp last season too that was a bit of a surprise, and it flew under the radar because of Couturier. And now, one season later, his spot is just as secure.

Zac Rinaldo was in a battle with Tom Sestito for the final roster spot in September, 2011. Sestito appeared to have a slight edge at the time, but then drew a suspension from the NHL for an illegal hit in his final preseason game. Rinaldo got his spot, and never let it go.

Rinaldo ended up playing 66 games with the Flyers last season, and accrued 232 penalty minutes as one of the leagues biggest hitters – and agitators.

This season, Rinaldo, 22, finds himself in a different spot. He’s in camp, but he seems to have a spot reserved for him.

That’s not to say he can put his camp, or his game, on cruise control. Rinaldo still has to play with energy, tenacity and discipline to keep a spot in Peter Laviolette’s lineup, but he’s impressed the head coach – and really everyone in the organization enough – to have a secure spot on the roster.

Rinaldo believes that his play last season coupled with his improvement over the summer and in his time with the Adirondack Phantoms this season during the work stoppage has led to his role being reserved for him.

“Me being in the AHL to start the season was more of a positive for me than anything,” he said. “I spent my time wisely down there. I upgraded and put a little bit more into my game than I have in a couple years. It’s definitely an advantage to me.”

It’s an advantage that could see Rinaldo’s ice time increase considerably from the 7:28 per game he averaged last season.

“I know I was talked to last year about getting onto the penalty kill and stuff like that,” Rinaldo said. “Even if I didn’t play in the AHL, I would have gotten more chances like that. It just so happened there was a lockout and in my favor I got down there to show what I can do with the Phantoms. The more responsibility I have, the better.”

Coach Peter Laviolette wouldn’t commit to Rinaldo getting penalty kill time for certain, although he did say that Rinaldo is an option in shorthanded situations. The Flyers coach is high on Rinaldo and what he can bring in an increased role for the team.

“The best reflection of Zac will come when we play Saturday,” Laviolette said. “I’m a big Rinaldo fan. He brings a lot of energy to the room and to this rink. He’s a terrific player.”

One of the “upgrades” in Rinaldo’s game this season was his discipline.

Sure, he led the Phantoms in penalty minutes in his three months with the team, but he only was involved in two fights, and none until December – on a game that was televised back in Philadelphia, to which he said he wanted to “get the fans excited.”

But, his lack of fighting was intentional.

“I wanted to show people that I’m not just into fighting and hitting,” Rinaldo said. “The best thing for me to do was to get rid of the fighting completely and just do what I had to do. Now that I’m back here I can put everything together and hopefully it will go smoothly for me.”

Still, Rinaldo knows his name and his reputation is that of a guy who will take penalties – a lot of them. As such, he gets whistled frequently still, but he’s actually comfortable with that.

“I know clean hits are clean hits and if I get a penalty for it I know my coaching staff and the organization is going to be behind me 100 percent,” Rinaldo said. “As long as I have that, I’m confident in every hit I make. If it’s dirty, I deserve a penalty - don’t get me wrong - but a majority of my hits are clean and if they’re clean and I get a penalty, it’s all O.K.”

To contact Anthony SanFilippo, email asanfilippo@comcast-spect acor.com or follow him on Twitter @AnthonySan37
Best non-KO/TKO fight I've ever seen:

Josh Gratton vs. Brian McGrattan
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_bRYb_9ph8

Cotton
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-18-13 04:18 PM - Post#1500001    

In response to Hextall4ever

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1490873-pred ict...

Chris Kunitz - Sidney Crosby - Pascal Dupuis
James Neal - Evgeni Malkin - Eric Tangradi
Matt Cooke - Brandon Sutter - Tyler Kennedy
Tanner Glass - Joe Vitale - Craig Adams

Kris Letang - Simon Despres
Brooks Orpik - Paul Martin
Matt Niskanen - Deryk Engelland

Hextall4ever
all star
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-18-13 04:22 PM - Post#1500003    

First of all, the writer of this article tries to make a point but it seems wrong to me, and I think you all will agree. He says that Rinaldo has taken this oppurtunity to become more disciplined. However, he points out that Rinaldo leads the Phantoms in PIM, despite having only 2 fighting majors. If anything that sounds like he's completely undisciplined. Racking up minors and misconducts, the point that he has only 2 fighting majors is completely moot here. I have not seen many boxscores from this season, but it would certainly seem as though he's still running around starting trouble, just refusing to drop the mitts.

Zac himself mentions that he stopped fighting to focus on other aspects of his game. It kind of worries me that he is just able to flip a switch and not fight. Does he not back up his big, open-ice hits? Does he not defend his teammates when he is on the ice? I realize that he is not an enforcer, but he's still a tough player who plays physical, so I expect fighting to be part of his game. This article changed the way I think about him a little.

Gorak
all star
Total Posts: 1094
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-18-13 05:18 PM - Post#1500013    

Lavy has a hard-on for Wellwood. He was
demoted on the Phantoms, yet he still has a roster spot to do nothing. Just like Nodl last year who was waived by Carolina yesterday. Utter bullshit. And nobody on that roster tomorrow will be able to match Engelland. If I was Shelley or Sestito, I'd beg for a trade because a demoted Phantom took their place for no good reason.

Hextall4ever
all star
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-18-13 05:29 PM - Post#1500015    

In response to Gorak

With the amount of bad blood these teams developed last year, there's plenty of reason to have either Sestito or Shelley in the line-up. Without them, the Pens will push the Flyers around. Simmonds will be the best fighter on the Flyers most nights I can tell already. If not against the Pens, then who do you dress your heavies against?

Gorak
all star
Total Posts: 1094
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-18-13 05:46 PM - Post#1500021    

Yeah, why bother at all having them if you are not using them? Pussy coach with his "jam" needs to put his fucking jam where his mouth is.

playoffbeard
hall of famer
Total Posts: 9467
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       

01-18-13 05:48 PM - Post#1500023    

In response to Gorak

Pens won't be pushing anyone around. Soft as Charmin up from and Engeland doesn't fight anymore.
Fuck you. I hope you get cancer - Matt Dillon

Fed29
all star
Total Posts: 1587
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-18-13 06:02 PM - Post#1500026    

In response to Gorak

• Gorak Said:
Lavy has a hard-on for Wellwood. He was
demoted on the Phantoms, yet he still has a roster spot to do nothing. Just like Nodl last year who was waived by Carolina yesterday. Utter bullshit. And nobody on that roster tomorrow will be able to match Engelland. If I was Shelley or Sestito, I'd beg for a trade because a demoted Phantom took their place for no good reason.

My theory is that Lavander was a useless player who has anger towards the tough guys because they always took his spot. So he likes to give his fellow useless players a shot over the tough guys.

Page 1 of 2 All12
Icon Legend Permissions & Sharing Options Topic Options
Print Topic

Follow
50 Online Now
5 viewable users and 2 hidden plus 43 guests are online now.
Hot Topic
Most recent hot topic is "Hackers threaten 9/11 attacks on movie theatres" with 42 replies.
Ad
Recent Topics
FusionBB™ Version 3.2 | ©2003-2014 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.42 seconds.   Total Queries: 347   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT-6.0). Current time is 04:14 PM