hockey-fights.com
 Page 1 of 2 All12
Username Post: NY Rangers vs Boston 1/19/13        (Topic#538376)
taz
hall of famer
Total Posts: 8881
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-19-13 07:35 PM - Post#1500305    

Thornton vs Rupp...nice square off, they get together and alternate shots. Rupp has a bit better range a first but Thrnton sneaks in an uppercut an starts o find the range. Lands a nice right that bloodiest Rupp and holds up when Rupp slips o the ice. Win Thornton.
Large Screen Laptop...$600
Internet Service...$50
Reading Johnz's inane homer posts...Priceless

superstar
Total Posts: 4134
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-19-13 07:37 PM - Post#1500306    

In response to taz

I want to see the replay, Thorton's last shot and Rupp going down were pretty much bang bang. Could have been a KD. Cue the first Boston fans are homers call of the year.

Vile79
superstar
Total Posts: 3439
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       

01-19-13 07:38 PM - Post#1500307    

In response to taz

Have to see this again, after the first glance it even might be a TKO win Thornton.
Great left right combo by Thornton in the end of the fight.
Must see the replay.

Campbell and Bickell went right off the next face off. NHL is back
Life is a joke. "God,is the Asylum of Ignorance."
My Gameworn Collection .
FREE TREVOR GILLIES

Edited by Vile79 on 01-19-13 07:44 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

taz
hall of famer
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-19-13 07:39 PM - Post#1500308    

In response to taz

On the ensuing face off, Bickel and Campbell drop the gloves. Campbell continuing his M.O o fighting much bigger guys. A spirited tilt. Bickel lands a very good right that gets Campbell's attention bu he stay up and returns fire. They go thir knees and Campbell fires off 2-3 quick ones. You could call it a draw but I'm givin the edge to Bickel for landing the best punch of the fight.
Internet Service...$50

shmeegs
hall of famer
Total Posts: 6429
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-19-13 07:41 PM - Post#1500309    

In response to taz

I was putting my daughter down to bed. So i missed both. Figured that would happen. Will have to wait for the update video.
I may be dumb, but I'm an impeccable judge of character. And I have impeccable character. - Johnz

McRae17
all star
Total Posts: 1713
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-19-13 07:46 PM - Post#1500310    

In response to shmeegs

Thornton and Rupp was a great fight.

Rupp did well early landing and holding Thornton off. But smart fighter Thornton is he got a nice combo in and then kinda took over. Rupp with a bloody nose. Not a knockdown or anything. Thornton with edge.

Bickell and Soupy off face off. Nice scrap. Bickell landed better and Campbell was game but was over matched. Win Bick.

Props to all 4 guys. TD Garden was rocking.

Edited by McRae17 on 01-19-13 07:47 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

M_Major
all star
Total Posts: 1040
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-19-13 07:49 PM - Post#1500312    

In response to McRae17

That left-right combo from Thornton was a thing of beauty! Rupp started off well and landed some good ones early. Close fight in my eyes and maybe an edge to Thornton by landing the more damaging shots. Nice start to the season for these two clubs!

edmuzz
regular
Total Posts: 215
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-19-13 07:51 PM - Post#1500313    

In response to McRae17

Great to see the boys back in action. I wasn't expecting a lot this first game...I would have been happy for a first game with a lot of hits, even without a fight.
Great first fight, Rupp with the advantage early, but Thornton comes with a good undercut and combo. Rupp left leaking.
Second fight was great as well...Campbell overmatched from the start. At first I saw it a draw, but after seeing Campbell leaking in the box, Bickell's shot clearly landed flush. Win Bickell.
I love seeing those two fights in a row like that, with neither team wanting the other to have an advantage.

SolidChin34
all star
Total Posts: 1134
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-19-13 08:00 PM - Post#1500315    

In response to edmuzz

Two good fights to start the season for both teams. Thornton with the win & Bickell with the edge. Nice right by Bickell to take the edge. Looked like Rupp might have a broken nose? He was really concerned about it in the box.

Posux
Senior Vet
Total Posts: 29663
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-19-13 08:10 PM - Post#1500318    

In response to SolidChin34

Boston homers with this edge shit again. Win Thornton. Win Bickel. No mention of a huge right hand by Bickel by Boston announcers. Hilarious.

ReaperB
all star
Total Posts: 1297
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-19-13 08:12 PM - Post#1500319    

In response to SolidChin34

Looked like Bickel landed the bomb. Soupy was busted up.

Sask66
captain
Total Posts: 848
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-19-13 08:27 PM - Post#1500322    

In response to ReaperB

That right by Bickel more or less ended the fight; a bit of a delayed reaction on Campbell's part and his knees. Getting dropped does not equal an "edge" or a draw. lol.....

taz
hall of famer
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-19-13 08:45 PM - Post#1500329    

In response to Sask66

Clearly Campbell did not get dropped as he returned punches. Bickel absolutely got the better of the fight though.
Internet Service...$50

Posux
Senior Vet
Total Posts: 29663
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-19-13 08:47 PM - Post#1500331    

In response to taz

But it wasn't an "edge" Taz.

Maguire19
Total Posts: 18097
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-19-13 10:19 PM - Post#1500352    

In response to Posux

Mike Rupp / Shawn Thornton

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vqtjeEvbPME

Stu Bickel / Greg Campbell

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SX9GV4Px__I

licoricebiscuit
superstar
Total Posts: 3162
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-19-13 10:44 PM - Post#1500361    

In response to M_Major

• M_Major Said:
That left-right combo from Thornton was a thing of beauty! Rupp started off well and landed some good ones early. Close fight in my eyes and maybe an edge to Thornton by landing the more damaging shots. Nice start to the season for these two clubs!

Defiantly Major, that combo at like 47 seconds, nice.
Potius Mori Quam Foedari

Drunk_24-7
legend
Total Posts: 16760
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-19-13 11:57 PM - Post#1500371    

In response to licoricebiscuit

Good scrap between Thornton and Rupp. Thornton wastes no time working off the lockout rust tanging with a solid opponent in Mike Rupp. Rupp was doing well early landing a couple of decent punches and keeping Thornton to the outside but once Shawn closed distance and established his position on the inside he began to take over. Rupp's punches began being deflected off target by Thornton's lockout arm and the ones Mike was getting through were landing to the back of the head. Thornton began to pick him apart efectively with good, stiff short right hands right down the pike. He landed a nice uppercut and then shortly thereafter a nice left jersey jab set up a beautiful overhand right that landed on the button. Thornton managed to bust Rupp up a little bit as well and then he got him down at the end but held up on throwing the cheap shot with Rupp in a prone and vulnerable position. Rupp held his own and was actually getting the better of things for the first 10 or 15 seconds but Thornton took over for the comeback victory when all was said and done doing the damage and landing the better quality punches as he controlled the fight to it's finish. Good scrap. Win Thornton.

Then Bickell and Campbell go from the next faceoff and they had a pretty good one as well. Both guys just stood out at distance and traded about a half a dozen haymakers, Bickell with the reach advantage was the first to really land and land he did as he busted Campbell open and looked like he staggered him a little bit with a huge right bomb. Campbell took a knee and drug Bick down with him, recovered quickly though and snuck a couple in as the linesmen got in there to try and save face. Bickell landed the only real good punch of the fight and busted Campbell up pretty good with it for the clear victory. Win Bickell.
"To be honest, even though he lost, Hendricks did a better job of enforcing than most heavyweight enforcers do." - Peatycap

Not only is the NHL totally fucked it's fans are out to lunch now as well

Blues 34
superstar
Total Posts: 2641
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-20-13 12:45 AM - Post#1500376    

In response to Maguire19

Win Thornton

Win Bickell

Thx for the clips
Take the shortest route to the puck and arive there in Ill Humor

mtnbiker
hall of famer
Total Posts: 7346
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-20-13 12:50 AM - Post#1500378    

In response to Blues 34

Thanks for the clips Mags.

I'll be damned if Thornton isn't a fighter. He is so good technically, and does well against the bigger opponent in Rupp using the lockout, deflecting/ducking punches and then countering with some shots with meat on them. Win Thornton.

Campbell -Bickell was a spirited bout and both throwing hard but Bickell opens up Campbell good for the Win.
"This ends tonight!"
"It's daytime you douche."

rancidis
legend
Total Posts: 10034
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-20-13 01:08 AM - Post#1500384    

In response to mtnbiker

this game saved the day...
favorite fighter: jay rosehill
www.dailycombat.com

Page 1 of 2 All12
Icon Legend Permissions & Sharing Options Topic Options
Print Topic

Follow
37 Online Now
0 viewable users and 0 hidden plus 37 guests are online now.
Hot Topic
Most recent hot topic is "Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow" with 38 replies.
Ad
Recent Topics
FusionBB™ Version 3.2 | ©2003-2014 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.383 seconds.   Total Queries: 353   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT-6.0). Current time is 03:38 AM