hockey-fights.com
 Page 1 of 2 All12
Username Post: Pittsburgh vs NY Rangers 1/20/13        (Topic#538394)
superstar
Total Posts: 4016
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-20-13 06:19 PM - Post#1500814    

Glass vs. Asham off the opening faceoff. Quick squareoff in front of the benches and Glass wades in with some big rights, sending Asham down to a knee and landing another beauty shot to Asham's eye area while he has him stretched at the bench. Keeps going with the rights pretty hard. Asham gets reset and starts coming back. Lands a few good lefts late in the fight. Glass comes back with a few of his own. Good fight. Win Glass.

Caufield06
all star
Total Posts: 1138
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-20-13 06:21 PM - Post#1500816    

In response to 187

Glass vs. Asham

They go right off the draw Asham looks to square off but Glass doesn't square off, he goes right in and catches Asham with about 3 close in punches before Asham gets in the fight. Asham rights himself and they trade some good ones back and forth. Asham lands better at the end and they mutually agree to stop after a LONG fight. Solid Draw.

taz
hall of famer
Total Posts: 8766
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-20-13 06:21 PM - Post#1500817    

In response to 187

Great tilt, both guys landed but Glass definitely landed the best shots for the win.
Large Screen Laptop...$600
Internet Service...$50
Reading Johnz's inane homer posts...Priceless

Clutch
Total Posts: 12767
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-20-13 06:26 PM - Post#1500818    

In response to taz

Great fight. I thought Asham looked like he landed better shots but draw is the best call.
I drank enough whiskey to float a battleship around

Peatycap
Total Posts: 28250
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-20-13 07:07 PM - Post#1500833    

In response to Clutch

Sal
captain
Total Posts: 980
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-20-13 07:33 PM - Post#1500847    

In response to Peatycap

Good scrap fer sure! I call draw too. Asham landed the better punches but Glass landed more. Glass did a nice job ducking punches late and tying up asham for the first half of the fight. Good one.

COCHRANE29
superstar
Total Posts: 4986
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-20-13 07:43 PM - Post#1500850    

In response to Sal

I gave Asham the nod here if anyone in a fairly even,active bout....AA controlled it & more importantly commanded the finish...nice showing by Glass.
C29

"Truth is Treason in the empire of lies" - Ron Paul

Soul Craft 24
regular
Total Posts: 217
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-20-13 07:52 PM - Post#1500851    

In response to COCHRANE29

Nice fight. Seeing Asham as a ranger does make me ill though. Bitter Islander fan here.
Mike Milbury on Palffy's agent, "He is a moron who is depriving some small village of an idiot."

Caufield06
all star
Total Posts: 1138
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-20-13 08:43 PM - Post#1500872    

In response to Soul Craft 24

Orpik just crushed Kreider. Clean hit on first view. Still, no response from the Rags.

superstar
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-20-13 08:45 PM - Post#1500873    

In response to Caufield06

Good hit.

I think that was Boyle who was right there, turned around and saw Kreider down and then did nothing. Tough night for the Rags.

superstar
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-20-13 08:50 PM - Post#1500875    

In response to 187

Can't believe some of the win/edge Asham calls. I don't think he landed more than one punch and Glass landed at least 5-6 flush shots.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2XDks3F_yq8

This video shows the replay of the start of the fight and I think it shows Glass' early shots better. Good fight either way.

Peatycap
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-20-13 08:58 PM - Post#1500880    

In response to 187

Agreed. Edge Glass here.

Drunk_24-7
legend
Total Posts: 16570
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-20-13 09:07 PM - Post#1500885    

In response to Caufield06

Best fight of the NHL this season by far. That was a beauty. Glass came roaring out of the gate landing a number of good punches but once Asham settled in he came back strong and took over a little bit. Glass continued to answer right to the end of the fight but Asham began to make Tanner miss and he began to really tag him with that looked to be the harder, cleaner punches of the fight. The punch count was pretty even or maybe slightly in Glass's favor with that early barrage but I thought Asham had the edge in quality and controlled things to the finish. I wouldn't argue the draw really because Glass wasn't really hurt, rocked or phased by anything himself and he did very well early on and hung in effectively to the end. If I had to pick a winner, I'd give it to Asham for taking Glass's best and then taking over to land even bigger and better punches than he was hit with as he pushed the pace and got the better of the second half of the fight. Glass didn't go anywhere though and was deftinatly still very much in it and answering to the end. If I had to pick a winner it was definatly Asham but I can also see the case that it was good enough a fight but wasn't decisive enough an outcome to call anything other than a draw. Close one for sure but I thought Asham landed well enough to eek out the decision in the end. Win Asham.
"To be honest, even though he lost, Hendricks did a better job of enforcing than most heavyweight enforcers do." - Peatycap

Not only is the NHL totally fucked it's fans are out to lunch now as well

Peatycap
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-20-13 09:08 PM - Post#1500886    

In response to Drunk_24-7

Win Asham is nuts.

Drunk_24-7
legend
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-20-13 09:10 PM - Post#1500888    

In response to Peatycap

You thought he lost?
"To be honest, even though he lost, Hendricks did a better job of enforcing than most heavyweight enforcers do." - Peatycap

Peatycap
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-20-13 09:18 PM - Post#1500892    

I called it an edge to Glass. He landed more, harder and cleaner. Asham looked beaten at the end. I know you only call wins/draws. But, if anything, that's a draw. If I had to pick a winner, it's Glass.

Wolverine
regular
Total Posts: 166
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-20-13 09:27 PM - Post#1500896    

In response to Peatycap

I thought Glass definitely landed better and had a clear edge in the fight. He landed 5 or 6 solid punches with Asham just grazing and punching shoulder pads.

captain
Total Posts: 940
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-20-13 09:32 PM - Post#1500898    

In response to Wolverine

I'd give the edge to Glass!

Drunk_24-7
legend
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-20-13 09:54 PM - Post#1500905    

In response to 267

I would disagree with your opinion then. I think Glass probably did land a couple more. I thought it was Asham however who landed harder and cleaner I don't think Asham looked beaten at the end. I think he looked gassed, as did Glass which is the only reason I thought about perhaps going with the draw call, because of the fact Asham, even though I thought he controlled the 2nd half of the fight and landed much better than Glass did, failed to put him away or even into any real sort of trouble. For that reason, I wouldn't argue the draw call at all. However to me, Win Glass is nuts. He landed a bunch of good punches out of the gate but they didn't faze Asham at all. Aaron took Glass's best shots and then began to land what to me looked like much heavier punches that were landing quite well, while Glass began to miss more than land. Glass wasn't rocked or dazed or hurt and he continued to try and answer to the end but he was eating solid punches and failing to land much of anything. I tend to put more emphisis on the end of the fight, with all else being equal, which I think it was, (quantity-Glass, quality-Asham, damange-none) I thought Asham controlled the finish and landed much, much better in the second half of the fight than Glass did which in and of itself shows that the first half, which Glass got the better of, didn't really matter that much or else he wouldn't have been able to get back into the fight and turn it around. It was very close no doubt which is why I wouldn't really disagree with the draw call.

I would disagree with Win Glass completely. That call I guess is just as "nuts" to me as your view of the "Win Asham" call. I think if there was a winner there, which in my opinion there was, that winner was Asham. Obviously seeing how we disagree on the winner, it's probably an indicator that perhaps the draw might actually be the better call but I do think Asham did enough to take the decision.

Cotton
Total Posts: 27536
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-20-13 09:57 PM - Post#1500908    

"No man in the wrong can stand up against a fellow that's in the right an keeps on a-comin."
-creed of Texas Ranger Captain W. J. McDonald

Page 1 of 2 All12
Icon Legend Permissions & Sharing Options Topic Options
Print Topic

Follow
44 Online Now
4 viewable users and 1 hidden plus 39 guests are online now.
Ad
Recent Topics
FusionBB™ Version 3.2 | ©2003-2014 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.331 seconds.   Total Queries: 348   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT-5). Current time is 10:56 AM