hockey-fights.com
Username Post: Rock n' Roll Cup Clev,OH Jan 18-21        (Topic#538406)
Patrick24
all star
Total Posts: 1744
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-21-13 01:36 PM - Post#1501095    

Had a great 3 day week-end in Cleveland with my oldest son(11)for R&R Cup hockey tournament for Squirts to Bantam. I'm feeling like a pretty proud dad as this is the first-time my son played outside of the Jamestown,NY arena. My son plays PEE-WEE MOHL and its only his first year of organized hockey. His team made it the finals against an Ohio Arrows team, the game was tied 3-3 after regulation and per USA hockey the teams played a 5 minute over-time. Still no score. Then a shoot-out with 10 players for each team getting a chance. The Shoot-out starts with one player from each team going opposite ways at the same time. Frickin nerve racking, I was jumping around like a little kid. My son was no.6 and we were up one. I got my hand over my eyes peeking thru and my son calmly skates down, puck on his forehand then backhand, goalie stays up and he neatly deposits it for a goal. The Arrows score one more and miss on the last shot and we win the PEE WEE B3 title. Man it was awesome,I was a proud dad.. Oh the Holiday INN (Cleveland West) sucks. Sorry if I rambled, I needed to get it out.
It is better to have less thunder in the mouth and more lightning in the hand. - Apache

Maguire19
Total Posts: 18026
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-21-13 01:44 PM - Post#1501101    

In response to Patrick24

Nice, congrats! Im surprised the Jamestown kids dont come up to Buffalo to play. Only an hour north.

bean
superstar
Total Posts: 3545
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-21-13 01:46 PM - Post#1501102    

In response to Maguire19

Awesome! Congrats!
Having Mexicans around totally kicks f-ing ass. - Cartman

Patrick24
all star
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-21-13 01:56 PM - Post#1501110    

In response to Maguire19

• Maguire19 Said:
Nice, congrats! Im surprised the Jamestown kids dont come up to Buffalo to play. Only an hour north.

Thanks. PEE WEE has an A and B, B is the house team and A is the travel team. House team is usually the younger and less skilled players up from Squirts and the travel team is older players ready for Bantam. The travel team does play Buffalo teams like the Buffalo Bisons and the Southtown Stars.
It is better to have less thunder in the mouth and more lightning in the hand. - Apache

Drewman
Total Posts: 4235
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       

01-21-13 02:04 PM - Post#1501112    

In response to Patrick24

Congrats! Which rink in Cleveland was it played at?
"Doyou like to tlaking about abstcrat theory?" - Stockfan

MANDARINFIST! ONIONHELL!! DANGERBLIMP!!!

http://dfwautographs.blogspot.com

Patrick24
all star
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-21-13 02:14 PM - Post#1501116    

In response to Drewman

• Drewman Said:
Congrats! Which rink in Cleveland was it played at?

Thanks. Well quite a few! lots of traveling, though the Hotel was in Independence so it was kind of in the middle. Winterhurst-Serpentine, Barons Lakefront, Gilmour Academy(Weird place) and the Mentor Civic Arena(right next to Mentor high school.Boy you Ohioans really take football seriously!) which was the furthest drive. The championship on Sunday was at Gilmour Academy rink.

Drewman
Total Posts: 4235
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       

01-21-13 02:22 PM - Post#1501121    

In response to Patrick24

What's crazy is Mentor's stadium isn't even the biggest or best in the area. Byers Field in Parma and and Bearcat Stadium in Bedford are twice what JTO Stadium is.

I used to skate at Winterhurst and Mentor (back when it was just one rink) when I was in middle and high school. The area is getting some pretty nice facilities. The rink in Brooklyn used to be the area's best, hosting the Baron Cup every year and the high school state finals every two years (until they moved it to Columbus), and now it's maybe fourth or fifth. I know there was talk for a while about putting an NAHL team in Gilmour after the Barons folded up and the Phantoms moved to the USHL, but it never panned out.
"Doyou like to tlaking about abstcrat theory?" - Stockfan

MANDARINFIST! ONIONHELL!! DANGERBLIMP!!!

http://dfwautographs.blogspot.com

mtnbiker
hall of famer
Total Posts: 7317
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-21-13 07:43 PM - Post#1501269    

In response to Drewman

Congrats Patrick. Sounds like a good time and a nice memory.
"This ends tonight!"
"It's daytime you douche."

Icon Legend Permissions & Sharing Options Topic Options
Print Topic

Follow
32 Online Now
0 viewable users and 1 hidden plus 31 guests are online now.
Hot Topic
Most recent hot topic is "Why?" with 73 replies.
Ad
Recent Topics
FusionBB™ Version 3.2 | ©2003-2014 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.18 seconds.   Total Queries: 160   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT-5). Current time is 07:08 PM