hockey-fights.com
 Page 1 of 2 All12
Username Post: Bruins Sabres Rivalry        (Topic#538427)
Dontpokethebear
rookie
Total Posts: 26
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-22-13 02:08 PM - Post#1501581    

I cannot wait for the Bruins and Sabres next Thursday night at the Garden. Steve Ott was on record yesterday saying as soon as the schedule came out, he circled Jan. 31st in Boston. With the addition of Scott and Ott, the Sabres are bulked up, but can they hang with the B's in the toughness department?

I think Scott will go after lucic, who will probably not oblige. I think Chara will consider stepping up, and Thornton will definitely take care of business. I predict 3-4 in an old time hockey affair.

cashman rulz
legend
Total Posts: 12418
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-22-13 02:18 PM - Post#1501587    

In response to Dontpokethebear

Ott gonna make a beeline to Campbell again lolol not surprising cause he will get dummied by 7 other Bruins,gonna be the same ole story so stay tuned.

Dontpokethebear
rookie
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-22-13 02:24 PM - Post#1501593    

In response to cashman rulz

I hope campbell doesn't fight ott- he will most likely lose and we have about 5 guys who would love to give him a pounding.

I think it will be Thornton-Scott, Chara- Scott, Lucic- Kaleta, Mcquaid- Foligno, Ference- Scott, Campbell- Scott.

Or maybe thats just me dreaming...

cashman rulz
legend
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-22-13 02:32 PM - Post#1501596    

Not sure but i doubt any Bruin will fight him other then Thornton right off the bat but we will see.

Maguire19
Total Posts: 18098
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-22-13 03:19 PM - Post#1501625    

There will be violence, thats all. I cant make predictions based on last night. Someone on the Bruins will get destoyed by a Kaleta hit that will kick off the festivities. Could be Rask.

ReaperB
all star
Total Posts: 1300
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-22-13 07:02 PM - Post#1501685    

In response to Maguire19

There will be blood . I do predict that Scott comes out looking good after the first encounter with the Bruins. If Bruins turn the other cheek and try to get Scott misconducts , then its almost cowardly , especially how they humiliated the Sabres last year. But with Ott in Buff lineup it almost guarantees alot of sh!t going down .
I would hope for Thornton-Scott and Lucic-Scott.

Scott could get cult hero status with this game. Balls to the wall , F Lindy.

STANJON17
all star
Total Posts: 1706
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-22-13 07:48 PM - Post#1501704    

In response to ReaperB

First time in a long time I've looked forward to a season series with Buffalo, as I would be very surprised if there wasn't some decent fireworks, especially in this first game. Scott HAS to do something and he will find a willing partner on the Bruins, guaranteed. My guess would be Thornton-Scott and I'm really looking forward to seeing Shawn's strategy against the massive size differential. This is a big game for the Sabres, and it will be devastating to their confidence if they get beat up by the Bruins once again. Personally, besides Scott, I think they are going to have a tough time matching toughness with the B's and face a tough season series ahead. It sure would be nice to see a physical rivalry rekindled.

Drunk_24-7
legend
Total Posts: 16771
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-22-13 08:02 PM - Post#1501717    

In response to STANJON17

They would be wise to call up Tarnasky for some added depth in the toughness department. Scott is going to go after Lucic, if he gets to him and Lucic accepts, Lucic might beat him. If he does, that could be the end of Scott in Buffalo. If Scott can give Lucic a beating, then he's going to have to fight Thornton or Chara on his next shift. If he loses to either of those guys but gets Lucic, the Buffalo fans will be appeased. If he beats either of those guys, after beating Lucic, he'll be loved in Buffalo for the rest of his career and probably find a job in management or broadcasting when his playing career is done. His mission will be accomplished. However he may not even get to Lucic because I think Thornton will look to negate him with the "appointment" fight early to take the heat off of Looch. If he beats Thornton, he at least gives Buffalo that edge that their biggest guy can now handle Boston's biggest guy and that can be important for the confidence of the rest of the team to play a bit bigger. If Thornton beats him, he again fails to deliver what the hype that came with him promised he would do. Chara might step up and fight him too just to be a good captain. If they go, it'll probably be a shit fight draw because they'll fall down before they can establish much of a fight but again, if Scott can beat Chara, that's big for Buffalo fans. If he gets hammered by Chara, he becomes an instant disappointment. It's very interesting because I think it's really a fight that could easy go either way against Lucic, Thornton, Chara and even McQuaid. Scott should be able to handle McQuaid but Adam's a tough scrappy kid as well and he could potentially hang with or upset Scott as well. The pressure is going to be on Scott in that game. He has to not only show up he has to win his fights and he's definatly capable of beating any or all of the Bruins toughest players, but it's far from a sure thing, I would say it's about 50/50 odds against Thornton and Lucic and maybe 60-40 in Scott's favor against Chara, 70-30 against McQuaid and losing to any of them would be disasterous for Scott if he wants to remain in the lineup.
"To be honest, even though he lost, Hendricks did a better job of enforcing than most heavyweight enforcers do." - Peatycap

Not only is the NHL totally fucked it's fans are out to lunch now as well

Dontpokethebear
rookie
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-22-13 08:37 PM - Post#1501736    

In response to Drunk_24-7

To me, this is such an intriguing matchup because of the Lucic factor. Looch is a fan favorite, and obviously a tough, tough man. But, he has yet to step up and answer the bell in a situation where he does not think he can win. He is my favorite player in the league, and I do not think he is a "spot picker", but I would really like to see him go with Scott and embrace his role as a heavyweight in the NHL.

I do agree that Thornton will have a go with him early, but with Ott and Kaleta in the lineup, things will get out of control and I think Scott will try and get looch to go at some point.

On the topic of Scott, I completely agree that the reason he was brought in was this game. And, his future with Buffalo is contingent upon success in this game. I think he will handle Thornton, which is fine for me as a Bruins fan. Shawn will hold his own, and it is his job. I am reluctant to have Chara go with Scott, which he would, because of how important he is to the Bruins, and an injury would be devastating, especially in a short season. That being said, knocking scott on his butt would be awesome.

I can also see the Bruins inserting Macdermid into the lineup in chris Borque's spot, shifting him to the 4th line with campbell and Thornton, and having paille play with kelly and pevs.

The bruins would then have Thornton, Chara, Lucic, Mcquaid, Horton, Boychuck, Ference, Macermid Seidenberg and Campbell all in the lineup... TEAM TOUGH!

cashman rulz
legend
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-22-13 08:42 PM - Post#1501740    

Take Paille out and insert Robbins,might as well:)

superstar
Total Posts: 4137
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-22-13 08:54 PM - Post#1501749    

It'll be an interesting situation for sure. From a Buffalo fans perspective, Lucic has to accept the fight from Scott if he comes calling. And it will always be so until they get their pound of flesh. However, in Lucic's mind, and rightfully so in some respects, he already has an answered the bell for the hit. I wouldn't be surprised for Lucic to turn Scott down and I wouldn't be surprised to see him fight him. I wouldn't be surprised to see him win that fight either.

I think the more likely scenario involves Thornton and Scott or Scott and Chara early. Then a couple other undercard fights involving Ott, Kaleta, and Foligno vs. McQuaid, Campbell, Horton etc...

Personally, I think that the game next Thursday is just going to be a warm up. Buffalo is going to wait until the 10th, when they are at home, to really make their move.

Huard28
Total Posts: 30338
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-22-13 08:56 PM - Post#1501751    

The Sabres players are a little pissed the first game is now in Boston after the original schedule had the first game in BUF, and I believe it was October 30th because they had it circled and were hyping it already, then the lockout...

...now here we are. I am glad it's in Boston to be honest, because now the Sabres will have to address it there AND then address it back in Buffalo first time there, so it will be a double whammy of good fight/rough stuff games for us fight fans.

CASH has a delusional rose colored glasses way of looking at it and can't have an unbias debate about it. Same for INVAIN, so we'll just let it play out and see how it goes!

I know BUF was planning on having McCormick ready, but now he won't be ready to play in that game, so I would assume Tarnasky automatically comes up around that time to play in place of Ellis. It's pretty much a given, unless the league steps in and prevents it which wouldn't surprise me. There was a reason Tarnasky was signed. Or perhaps Finley is re-claimed soon!

Anyway, Ott shouldn't have to fight Lucic, Chara, really??? Ott's match-up is vs Campbell. Why should he fight a heavy? And Kaleta is best to fight Horton, Boychuk or MacDermid. Scott to go after Lucic first, then Thornton. Regehr, Weber, Foligno to get in the mix with Lucic, McQuaid, Marchand maybe. I actually like a Foligno-Lucic dance. And throw in Tarnasky possibly. Things could get good. I don't see a dud at all. And knowing both goalies have a short fuse, don't rule out a Miller-Rask fight!
"I never participate in the game anymore. It doesn't work. I am too bad. I only fight". - Link Gaetz

irish_66
hall of famer
Total Posts: 8322
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-22-13 09:12 PM - Post#1501763    

Scott absoulutely has to go after Lucic. And I think he definitely will and Lucic will answer. Great question actually Cash as to who Ott will tangle with. Kaleta needs to drop the mitts as well-He and Campbell need to go. Should be a great game !
2 wild cards in all of this-Chara and Thornton-Will Thornton take on Scott before Looch?
Gretzky to Hextall after Hexy stoned him on a breakaway in Hexy's first game:"Who the hell are you?"
Hextall's response:"Who the hell are you?"

Huard28
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-22-13 09:15 PM - Post#1501765    

In response to irish_66

Regehr I guess would take on Chara again if he had to. It was admirable that he did it last season and basically was smart enough to protect himself and Chara even respected that. I am fine with that. I think the Sabres would have been best to call up Finley to handle Chara (same size), but the Islanders had to screw up that possibility!

I also think Lucic will fight. He knows he has to and Julien will have to just let him go.
"I never participate in the game anymore. It doesn't work. I am too bad. I only fight". - Link Gaetz

Maguire19
Total Posts: 18098
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-22-13 09:19 PM - Post#1501768    

In response to Huard28

I think if Chara decides to take on Scott it wont be good for Big John. If the Bruins were smart thats who they should send to address things. Hopefully for Scott that bout with Orr was just shaking off rust. I also have a feeling Kaleta is going to do somethig looney. He's a Buffalo guy and knows more than anyone in that dressing room the talk around town.

cashman rulz
legend
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-22-13 09:21 PM - Post#1501770    

In response to Huard28

• Huard28 Said:
The Sabres players are a little pissed the first game is now in Boston after the original schedule had the first game in BUF, and I believe it was October 30th because they had it circled and were hyping it already, then the lockout...

...now here we are. I am glad it's in Boston to be honest, because now the Sabres will have to address it there AND then address it back in Buffalo first time there, so it will be a double whammy of good fight/rough stuff games for us fight fans.

CASH has a delusional rose colored glasses way of looking at it and can't have an unbias debate about it. Same for INVAIN, so we'll just let it play out and see how it goes!

I know BUF was planning on having McCormick ready, but now he won't be ready to play in that game, so I would assume Tarnasky automatically comes up around that time to play in place of Ellis. It's pretty much a given, unless the league steps in and prevents it which wouldn't surprise me. There was a reason Tarnasky was signed. Or perhaps Finley is re-claimed soon!

Anyway, Ott shouldn't have to fight Lucic, Chara, really??? Ott's match-up is vs Campbell. Why should he fight a heavy? And Kaleta is best to fight Horton, Boychuk or MacDermid. Scott to go after Lucic first, then Thornton. Regehr, Weber, Foligno to get in the mix with Lucic, McQuaid, Marchand maybe. I actually like a Foligno-Lucic dance. And throw in Tarnasky possibly. Things could get good. I don't see a dud at all. And knowing both goalies have a short fuse, don't rule out a Miller-Rask fight!

Delusional, come on huard you know better then that geesh!Lucic will slap the piss out of anybody in the sabres lineup or farm system and you know it as scott is your only chance at anything and after ducking Thornton he better be ready for shooting his mouth off and answering the bell in boston cause you will be in for a long night as you are gonna be aware of so lets hope for a good game and may the best team prevail in the fights and the score.

Huard28
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-22-13 09:24 PM - Post#1501772    

In response to Maguire19

Kaleta going after Kessel was interesting, but then he didn't want to jostle and get nasty with Mike Brown. I am still going to be hard on Kaleta UNTIL he does something to be proud of. That Asham fight a couple season's back was a rare moment where I was proud of the guy and he showed he can fight pretty good. Need to see that a lot more.

Scott surely has to shake of that rust, and I think needs one more tune up fight vs a lesser heavy. I would say Kevin Westgarth fits the bill later this week. Then he should be ready for Boston. Scott has to get angry and vicious, don't like the laid back style. I liked how vocal and into the Philly game he was at home.

If Chara is mad, he's tough to take on, one of the best, if not the best due to his strength. He's getting older but still is a threat in the fight game. I think only Scott can handle him at this point.

Huard28
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-22-13 09:28 PM - Post#1501775    

• cashman rulz Said:
  • Huard28 Said:

Delusional, come on huard you know better then that geesh!Lucic will slap the piss out of anybody in the sabres lineup or farm system and you know it as scott is your only chance at anything and after ducking Thornton he better be ready for shooting his mouth off and answering the bell in boston cause you will be in for a long night as you are gonna be aware of so lets hope for a good game and may the best team prevail in the fights and the score.

LOL. I forgot, Lucic is the toughest player in NHL history!! How soon I forgot. The Bruins never lose a fight, and the Sabres never win one, I get it!

Just hope Tarnasky doesn't get unleashed on the B's! He's a nutbar.

Where is NEELY8??!!!

irish_66
hall of famer
Total Posts: 8322
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-22-13 09:31 PM - Post#1501777    

In response to Huard28

Huey, with all due respect, Scott was fairly silent in the flyers game. Hartnell cheap shot(imo) Ennis and then dropped Stafford. Did he do anything. The Flyers had two goals disallowed-one for knocking into Miller and the other simmonds crashed the net and was on top of Miller. I thought Scott was fairly silent my friend.
Gretzky to Hextall after Hexy stoned him on a breakaway in Hexy's first game:"Who the hell are you?"
Hextall's response:"Who the hell are you?"

Edited by irish_66 on 01-22-13 09:39 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Huard28
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-22-13 09:45 PM - Post#1501786    

In response to irish_66

No I meant he was vocal on the bench and into the game, from what Ruff said. He was fired up. First home game I guess.

The bumping of Miller wasn't anything bad, barely touched IMO, I was right there for that goal called back one.

Anyway, Philly had no tough guys dressed that would engage Scott. If he goes after Hartnell or Simmonds, they just turtle on him, and Scott gets the book thrown at him and Lindy benches him.

And Stafford dropped Hartnell with that KD punch remember!!

Page 1 of 2 All12
Icon Legend Permissions & Sharing Options Topic Options
Print Topic

Follow
41 Online Now
0 viewable users and 0 hidden plus 41 guests are online now.
Hot Topic
Most recent hot topic is "Lucic TKO'ed by Prout!!??" with 37 replies.
Ad
Recent Topics
FusionBB™ Version 3.2 | ©2003-2014 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.327 seconds.   Total Queries: 345   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT-6.0). Current time is 06:36 AM